Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: WHICH DO YOU FEEL IS THE HARDEST TO FIND THINGS TO EAT ON SB?
BREAKFAST 5 21.74%
LUNCH 5 21.74%
DINNER 3 13.04%
SNACKS 10 43.48%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:03 PM   #61  

Angry Hello to All

Just a quickie for real. I was out longer than I expected. My grandbabies were gone for 3 weeks. They were in Kentucky with their other GM and GP, so it was a delight to see them. I ended up having dinner with them and watching a couple of movies. I will be back in the morning to make replies. have a good nite.

Love,
Lyn (slim and healthy)
Old 08-12-2003, 10:29 PM   #62  

I just wanted to drop everyone a note to be careful with any and all attachments in email. There is a virus/worm going around called the w32 Blaster Worm. It has gotten my sister and sister in law. If you haven't recently, you should run your Windows updater and/or update your antivirus. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:50 AM   #63  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

from QUILTER, she asked me to post her post for her as she had some computer trouble:

Hello and happy Tuesday night. I had a good weigh in at WW tonight. I was down 1.2 pounds. So that's good. Not as much as I would like to see, but it's still going in the right direction.

SEF---Hey woman! I missed your initial post so saw the responses and just now went back and read what was going on with you. Shirley, I'm so very sorry to hear that your DD has a burr up her butt. Who knows what's going on with her, but my guess is it's something with her and doesn't have
anything to do with you. It's just being directed at her. If you want my opinion (and you know me well enough to know that I'm going to give it to you), her behavior is unacceptable. Tell her so and request that she straightens up and starts treating her family like human beings. Honestly, I hope it gets better soon. She's definitely in the blue funk period and that's never nice to be around.

LIBRA---Welcome. You will get tons of support here. Some of these women are old dear friends to me. All are special and wonderful and just too precious for words! I'm on book 2 of Mitford, so you know I'm anxiously awaiting to see what develops between Father Tim and Cynthia. she's hilarious with those pink curlers she keeps forgetting about.

DEB---Well, I think you are so brave to step on the scale. So now that you've had the brick to your forehead, you can now move on to attacking the problem. Good for you for facing the music. you'll get this last weight off. I haven't dreamed about food, but I did dream last night that my nighbor lost 70 pounds. I would tell her, but I don't want to hurt her feelings. She may think she looks like she only needs to lose 50. :-)

Better go, kids. I miss my laptop and my easy access to the board any time I want. Hopefully I'll be back up and on in a day or two. Paul is working like crazy to fix it. But so far, no go.

Tae care. Good luck tomorrow.
Kimmy
Old 08-13-2003, 09:35 AM   #64  

Good WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY MORNING!

Lord, I forgot it was WIW. I swear I've lost track of days, maybe weeks! Hope the metal monster is better to you all than it has been to me. Actually, when I think about it, the metal monster could of been kind to me if I had been kind to myself

Another good day under my belt, though I did get a little hungry in the evening, it wasn't as bad as the day before. Hoping it just hormonal and pass by today.

ELI is off today, well, he's suppose to be, he came home around 3am and was back at work around 7am. When he's really tired he gets RLS and tosses a lot and thus, wakes me up, so, I was up from the time he got in to bed until about 5:20am, the last time I gave a death stare to the clock. Fell back to sleep for a little bit but it sure wasn't enough - I need some STARBUCKS!!!!!! Anyhow, not sure when he'll get home, or what we'll end up doing. Would like to go see my GM I guess.

GROOVIA, LIBRA & BASHFUL have posted their BIO'S on the BIO BOARD. It was so nice to learn more about these women and I hope you take the time to do so as well

While on the BIO BOARD I got all the SEPTEMBER BIRTHDAYS of those who are on the board and boy, there sure are a lot of birthdays next month, 7 of them! Have to see who's been naughty and hasn't posted lately. Anyone been MIA lately that you can think of that I should go hunting for???

My starchy carbs yesterday were a pot pie and a piece of WW matzah

Want to get in some replies before I find myself out of time...

TV, sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the great work. So your little one went to KG. I don't remember when mine did. All the Latin parents had cameras and marked the day with a picture, not me. Oh well, I can say for sure the day that MICHAEL walks across the stage and gets his diploma there will probably be a puddle around me, and my DM! This of course will repeat 2 months later with him going to college!!!!! Yes, decaf tea can sub for water. I had quite a bit yesterday and it was so good I didn't even put any sweetener in it!!

BEACH, I can't even remember when I weighed this much, but I know I'll lose it again. I know it's going to happen again and again but hope it will be less each time and a longer period of time between doing so. If only I could get that EXTREME MAKE-OVER I so desperately need. Honestly, I would do it in a pinch but can't be away from the family for 6 weeks as of yet, but heck, I could do it next year I think and by gosh, I'd try for it!

SEF, I would stop apologizing to DD for everything and anything and stand your ground. Whatever has gotten up her butt seems to far up there to pull out and it will have to come out on it's own - don't you just love my analysis??? Sorta reminds me of my GM, nothing I could ever do was good enough for her-she'd harp on my weight, I'd lose weight, she'd find something else to pick on with me. I gave up, I can't worry about making other people happy and me more miserable-it was the best thing I ever did and unfortunately for her, she lost out because I stopped caring as much as I did about her. BUT, with that being said, you know your DD and how to deal with her and the situation and how you do so I'm sure is how you feel it should be done best. Maybe a little time and space is what she needs to realize just what she's missing out on acting as she has and treating you as she is.

BASHFUL, glad you are feeling right at home, and you should be - we're a close knit group, I believe, but we are always happy to welcome a new member in to the group with open arms. When you start your internship, you do what you can. We all realize that we have lives beyond the board and some people aren't able to come on daily, or post a long post and replies to everyone-we totally understand this. I think what I try to get through to everyone is even if it's a one-liner "hello" that you can find time for, it's better than nothing. Staying connected to the board is truly important, even if it's a quickie and again, we all understand. Thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD. It was really nice to learn more about you I'm glad you found the information I sent you helpful, or least hopefully it will be so. If you are eating too little, which is easy to find out by journaling, it's easily fixable. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions! SNYDERS are delish, though I never tried the pumpernickle. If you have a FRESH MKT near you, they have their own brand of sourdough pretzels that are very good. They're big knots and 1 counts as 1 starchy carb. I too hate veggies, esp. if I have to cook them myself! I do like eggplant and you may want to try the EGGPLANT GRATIN that's posted on the board, it's delish. There are quite a few vegetable recipes among the old boards, just would have to do a search of them. I don't count the lettuce and cuke as a veggie that counts, but the broccoli, there's tons of recipes out there that use them. How about my CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE? It has spinach (of course) and broccoli and many on the board will tell you, it's delish!!!! Actually, I just did a search of our recipe boards and there are quite a few recipes that have brocolli in them, like CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP, BROCCOLI PUDDING & BROCCOLI TIMBALES, among others. So, they're definitely out there

WOOD, glad to see your post Sounds like you are doing great and you're planning a head for that party shows your determination and commitment to this WOE. Good luck for WIW!!

BOB, geez BOB, you win with the priceless haircut! What a bargin!!!! Okay, missed BB - anything good happen?

MONET, would love to find some of that brown sticky rice - would try my hand at making some sushi with it, have the other paraphernalia to make them, but haven't found the right rice. Was it expensive? Do you think you could just sub regular rice for your recipe? Glad to hear you're feeling better!

DAISY, a few bites of mac and cheese won't kill you-it's when we let those types of food become more and more in our daily life that we get in trouble.

AGAPE, enjoy the Grandkids being home!!!!

QUILTER, brave or insane to step on the scale, not sure which as of yet. Don't plan on stepping on it again for a while, I don't want to fall in to that trap again, and besides, without any exercise, the weight isn't going to move all that much all that quickly.

Well, I'm outta here. Going to hit the shower and get ready to go - go where I'm just not sure, but somewhere I guess!

Will check in later today.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 08-13-2003, 09:49 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW.

Hope we see bunches of losses today.

Not for me. I have been at the same place for the last 4 days. Everytime I step on the scale I say "let me see___" Hasn't worked yet this week. Still 9 lbs above my all time low. But I am working on it. That's all we can do.

Deb, can you count tea as water? Hey, I have you beat, I gained 12 lbs on vacation. It is so easy to do. Now we have to take off the same darn pounds twice. But we can do it I have the faith. I can't believe DS is preggo. 6? I would be nuts.

Libra, glad you like our little group. We have some great people here and some great friends too. Ask away, someone will have an answer.

TV, It is hard sending off your little one for the first time. You cry all you want. I bet that 6 year old would love a big hug and kiss too. They try to be so big.

Sef, If yur DD is close to her cousins, maybe you can get some insight into her problem with you from them. I'm sure she confides in them about you.

Bashful, glad you like our group too. Everyone is very supportive and helpful here.

Woodfrogs, WTG on taking your food with you. I think the secret to this WOE (or any diet) is to be prepared. Never let yourself get into a situation where you have to eat Off Plan.

Bob, what a deal. Guess you will be going back to that place.

Monet, glad you are feeling better today. Kids, you gotta love them. Thanks for the info on the soup. Doesn't sound like anythign I would like though.

Daisey, if that maccaroni was the only starchy carb you had, you will be fine. I bite or 2 won't hurt you.

Agape, have fun with those grandkids. Spoiling is what you are supposed to do.

Kim, hope you get that computer fixed soon, we miss your great posts.

Got to run to a meeting. Have a great day.

Jackie
Old 08-13-2003, 10:19 AM   #66  

Quickie WIW report:

Hey, I'm at work, so can post.

Thanks DEB for putting on my thoughts from last night. After I emailed that I questioned doing it since you are so busy right now. But yours was the only email address I could remember. Aren't you glad you are so memorable???

My WIW report is that I am down 1 pound from last Wednesday. 187.5 today. (I was down 1.2 pounds last night at WW.) Still not down to my low this year which was 183.5 I think. It's amazing what 6 weeks of being STUPID can do to you. I hope I remember how long it's taking me to get this weight off AGAIN the next time I get a case of the blahs.

Gotta run. No time to talk. All our computers are running really slow today. Something is up. Better go see what's up.
Kim
Old 08-13-2003, 10:23 AM   #67  

Talking Happy WIW

Hope everyone has a good day.

I weighed this morning and I was 172. So that makes 24lbs from this start and 50lbs from my first SB start. Last time on SB I had the patience to go slow with the weight loss but this time I don't...that's why I am combining it with WW because the portion control seems to make a big big difference.

Groovia, LIbra and Bashful thanks for posting your BIOs...I probably need to go and redo mine since I was away for so long.

Deb...Hopefully you'll get your time away. What is the name of the pot pies and where do you get them? Teenage time is bittersweet isn't it. We know they will leave soon and try to be as close as possible but they are trying so hard to be independent!

TV...Found a Curves in Bham but it is too far away from me. I will probably join SportsFirst this winter when I can't walk anymore because of the weather.

SEF...tell this to your daughter for me. I lost my Mom when I was in my early 20's and my Hubby lost his when he was 11. I am 41 now and he is 48 and there is not a day that goes by that we don't miss them. Time is too short and life too short to have this kind of attitude. Did we have the perfect relationship and do I have the perfect relationship with my daughter. NO...but that's because we always do our best but there is no such thing as a perfect parent. Hang in there.

BASHFUL...You'll find the time to come on the board when you start your internship...we all do. It is a wonderful place to get support on more than just weight.

WOOD...this WOE is great and you will lose weight.

BOB...I'm like Debbie...WHERE did you find a 3.99 haircut?

MONET...I have a junior and freshman. Boy this happens fast! I think they are ready to start tomorrow...we registered last week and got their schedules.

QUILTER...glad WW went good for you. Have you heard that they may be changing the point system?

Here's a quote for everyone on Success from Harrison Ford...it's about hanging in there.

"I realized early on that success was tied to not giving up...If you simply didn't give up, you would outlast the people who came in on the bus with you."

Second quote from Dr. Joyce Brothers

"Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.".

Have a GREAT DAY.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:29 AM   #68  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Wednesday Morning!

Hey!

I think I forgot to post yesterday. oops. Several times I was just about to come to the site and then got sidetracked by work. Gee, I really hate it when work interferes with my life!

I don't have time for individual responses today. I just found out that I will be teaching a course at Auburn this fall. Classes begin next week and I have to get a lot done before next Thursday. I also found out that the course was open all of one day before it filled up. I will have approximatley 60 students in this one class. Sheesh.

Yesterday was not the best day eating wise, but not the worst either. This morning I started with a bowl of special K and fresh blueberries. I'm going to have some SF yogurt in a few minutes.

I haven't gotten on the scale yet today and probably won't as I am still bloated from TOM. This is day # 8 and I'm really ready for it to be OVER!

I hope everyone has a great WIW!

I'll try to talk to everyone again soon.

Susan
Old 08-13-2003, 10:48 AM   #69  

Good Morning,
Sounds like it's been a productive week for everyone! WIW went OK for me, still at 238.5, no loss, but no gain either. We went out to eat Monday night, and although I was OP, I think I ate too much But at least I don't have to take anything off AGAIN...that would aggravate me no end right about now.
We'll have either chicken or steak tonight with salad, and I brought my tiny lunch with me(cottage cheese, wasa crisp bread, sugar-free jello, and cherries for a snack).
For triscuits, is the low-fat or the low-sodium better? I assumed low-fat, but wanted someone else's opinion.
Take care everyone! Going to the gym again after to work to sweat and lift some more of this fat away.

Barbara
270/238.5/135
Old 08-13-2003, 10:54 AM   #70  

SENIOR'S DISCOUNT
Last year I replaced several windows
in my house. They were the expensive double-insulated
energy efficient windows. This week I got a call from
the contractor complaining that the work has been done
for a year and I had failed to pay for them. Boy, oh
boy, did we go 'round and 'round. I told him no one
pulls a fast one on this old lady. Even though I am a
senior citizen and used to be a blonde, doesn't mean
that I am automatically stupid! I proceeded to tell
him just what his salesman told me last year; that,
"in one year they would pay for themselves".
Old 08-13-2003, 11:06 AM   #71  

Hey!

Thought I'd get in a post before ELI got home, have nothing better to do - okay, I do, house is a wreck, but I know where my priorities lie

JACKK, yep, as long as it's decaf tea, you can count it as water. Hey, I'm STILL patiently waiting for you to post that picture The bad thing about being low in your weight and having to lose that many pounds that came on in a flash is it will take a very long time to lose - it sucks!

QUILTER, ahhh, I feel so special to be remembered for my e-mail addy Not a problem and happy to do so for you, anytime. Girl, at least it took you 6 weeks of insanity to gain what weight you did, for me, those 10lbs came on in just 3 weeks - just think of the serious insanity it took to do that!!!

BEACH, you've lost 24lbs since re-committing to SB again? How long has it taken? The pot pies are to die for, they are by SHELTONS and I personally like the chicken over the turkey. If you find them make sure they are the ones made with WW, not the organic. If you need, I can e-mail you the UPC number. If your HFS doesn't have them, maybe they'd order them.

FILLISE, are you SURE you got sidetracked at work, or is it the age creeping in that made you forget us??? I have to admit, I wish I could claim work being a culprit for my forgetfulness, but it's the age I do believe. Sounds like you have a new undertaking - 60 kids. GOOD LUCK! Day 8 of TOM - what's this all about???????

WOOD, sounds like you are doing just fine! Even though you feel you may of eaten to much, just remember this, it takes OVER 3500 calories above your normal intake to gain a pound and probably no one but myself could attain such a feat so easily, so not to worry.

BOB - cute joke - sent it to my DM!

Okay, old fart just got home, so I'm outta here! Where? I haven't a clue, but probably the usual.

Toodles

Deb
Old 08-13-2003, 11:11 AM   #72  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

Good morning. Still walking strong. We took one day off in the last 24 days. We are walking about 25+ miles a week. Lawana got us these cute little pedometers and they are very accurate. I tested them against the car mileage. We are now walking about 4 miles each hour we walk. Sometimes we even get 2 hours in in a day. The scales are still NOT moving but oh well I can't focus on that. When I do to be honest I get upset and want to stuff my face. I think I am stuck at this weight for life. Enough whining. At least I'm not gaining still. Still up 4 pounds from my all time low at 153.

So in the last month I've went up to 156 and back down to 153...up down turn around pick a bale of cotton...(an old song) I really really want to make it to goal one day. I realize I'm not big anymore but I still feel big on days. I admit it. When I started I just wanted to be healthy but I'd like to be thin. Not a rail but thin...agh... I hope this doesn't sound totally like whining cause I'm not. I truly know I"m blessed and God has brought me a LONGGGGG way.

Deb....hang in there woman. I"m glad you got on the scales so when you do get the weight back off you will know how great you have done. You've reached goal and I don't doubt for a minute you will get back there. I don't know if I've ever dreamed about food for sure but I think about it enough...constantly.

Sef....I'm sorry that your daughter doesn't realize the pain she is causing you. I hope that things will work out in a good way for both of you.

Jack-K....hey woman. WTG with the walking and weights. You'll get back to that all time low in no time.

Monet...sorry they up and left ya with all the mess. Hope today finds you feeling much better.

Bob...wtg on the 3.99 haircut.

woodfrogs...wtg staying the same and not gaining. I bet you have good loss next week. It's like that sometimes.

Susan...pass some blueberries...they sound delicious this morning. Then again it's almost ten and I haven't even had a drink yet...my tummy thinks it's starving.

Beach....you are doing so good getting those pounds back off...keep up the good work.

Hey Kim! You'll get back to that low. WTG on this weeks loss.

Agape...glad you had some time with the grand babies. When it's my time to be grandma (no time too soon) I can hardly wait to enjoy and spoil. Raising kids is a blessing but spoiling the grand babies is gonna be icing on the cake.

Daisey...WTG on your loss. And thanks for the heads up on the new virus. There are so many going around these days.

Bashful...awesome...one month with SB. That is great. You'll see your committment to good eating pay off before you know it.

I'm missing some of ya'll and I apologize but I have to get out the door before it rains again. We have been dodging the rain all week.

Love and hugs,
Crystle

235/153/140-135
Old 08-13-2003, 12:40 PM   #73  

Default Wednesday

Hello everyone.

Not weighing in today. I know it won't be down anything yet. I can feel it, plus TOM is due on Tuesday.

My eating has been ok, not perfect, but ok.

Hubby took my car in to the dealership today. When we moved up here, the thermostat went wacko and would get stuck on either hot or cold, and most times in the winter it was stuck on cold, and now in the summer it's been stuck on hot. We thought we had it fixed, he even put in a can of coolant, and it worked for a couple days and then went to blowing like a vent again. What's weird is the rear a/c works and blows cool air like it should, but the one up front blows like a vent. I just hope the warrenty on the thing is still good, there's no way we can pay for it ourself in one lump sum.

My friend I went to see while gone to pick up the kids, her hubby was in a wreck that same night. Luckily he wasn't hurt, but it totaled their car, and it was the only car they had. I told her about this place where my SIL and her hubby got a "new to them" car last week, and surely if the place would finance them with having filed bankruptsy (sp) and having bad credit, surely they would finance them too. I really hope they can get something done and soon too. They are borrowing a car from a friend until they hear from their insurance and get things squared away.

I've really got to get myself motivated to clean up this house today. It's been a disaster area since the kids came home. I just can't stand to look at it, and no one else seems to care.

Well, I'm off to try to get started on some of this mess. I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 08-13-2003, 01:10 PM   #74  

Forgot to post my starches yesterday (probably b/c too many, subconsciously didn't want to share):
1.5 cups yellow cherrios
garden herb triskits
1/4 serving of soy crisps
1 slice ww toast

So far today has been a very late start. I slept until just before 11AM. I guess I should take advantage of it b/c soon enough I won't have that option. I'll be a fulltime working intern with what will probably be a 2-3 hour commute each day. I can do it for a year, then hopefully get something closer to home.

So far I feed the cats (I take care of them first, of course), did a quick vaccumn, ate a plum and did my yoga. Now I need to decide what to have for breakfast (at 1pm) and get out of the house and run some errands.

Oh, I also go on the scale. Down 3#'s from Monday (1.5 from last Thursday). So I've lost a total of 5 since starting at the beginning of July If I'm honest it's not coming off as fast as I would like, but I am really happy not to be gaining. I'm going to start journaling and hopefully that will help as well. Debbie, I guess since I'm down 3 since you figured out my calories and stuff for me I should re-crunch the numbers. Thanks for explaining how!

Everyone have a wonderful SB day!
Steph
Old 08-13-2003, 01:36 PM   #75  

Corporate Lesson 1

A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower when the doorbell rings. After a few seconds of arguing over which one should go and answer the doorbell, the wife gives up, quickly wraps herself up in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbor. Before she says a word, Bob says, "I'll give you 800 dollars to drop that towel that you have on." After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob. After a few seconds, Bob hands her 800 dollars and leaves. Confused, but excited about her good fortune, the woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs. When she gets back to the bathroom, her husband asks from the shower, "Who was that?" "It was Bob the next door neighbor," she replies. "Great," the husband says, "did he say anything about the 800 dollars he owes me?"
Moral of the story: If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk in time with your stockholders', you may be in a =position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Corporate Lesson 2

A priest was driving along and saw a nun on the side of the road, he stopped and offered her a lift, which she accepted. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to open and reveal a lovely leg. The priest had a look and nearly had an accident. After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg. The nun looked at him and immediately said, "Father, remember Psalm 129." The priest was flustered and apologized profusely. He forced himself to remove his hand. However, he was unable to remove his eyes from her leg. Further on while changing gear, he let his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again said, "Father, remember Psalm 129." Once again the priest apologized. "Sorry, Sister, but the flesh is weak." Arriving at the convent, the nun got out, gave him a meaningful glance and went on her way. On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to retrieve a Bible and looked up Psalm 129. It said, "Go forth and seek; further up, you will find glory."
Moral of the story: Always be well informed in your job, or you may miss a great opportunity.

Corporate Lesson 3

A sales rep, an administration clerk and their manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out in a puff of smoke. The Genie says, "I usually only grant three wishes, so I'll give you one each."Me first! Me first!" says the admin clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world."Poof! She's gone.
In astonishment, "Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of pina coladas and the love of my life." Poof! He's gone."OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager. The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."
Moral of the story: Always let your boss speak first.
Closed Thread