Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many times did you find yourself eating things off plan during the last week?
None 5 14.71%
1 6 17.65%
2-3 7 20.59%
4-5 4 11.76%
6-9 1 2.94%
10 or more 1 2.94%
Haven\'t a clue, but it was a lot 6 17.65%
Just starting SB 3 8.82%
Other 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 11:32 AM   #106  

Default SEF

Sef - can you tell Melf to call me tomorrow on my cell phone - I have to be at the car place in the morning and will be out and about - so if she calls me when she hits Jax city limits I can run down to St. Augustine from wherever I am Thanks for relaying this - have a good lunch!!! Sabrina
Old 05-31-2002, 12:10 PM   #107  

Default Guten Tag!!!

Hi All:

Quieted down in the office for a bit - wanted to post.....
You know this will be my 100th post! WOW!!!!!

Kimmy - are you feeling better?

Vesna - are you busy making pottery? Did you get to meet Quiv?

Quiv - are you still going to the gym? is your friend, Fran, still buddying with you on this program?

Jack-K - You know I have that same feeling - the guilt - it is not worth it, that is why I am so gung ho on this walking - I have no guilt! Good ego booster too - and self confidence.... I am walking for a goal - to be able to post that I walked 4.5 miles like Deb does..... My mom is glad that I have Gram walking too - her mom - and my Gram thinks I am joking when I say that she can walk circles around me already!!!

Nance - WAY TO GO GIRL!!!! on the lowered cholesterol!!!! You are now the epitomy of health and good cholesterol levels - yeah!!!!!!!! I dont know what mine is - will ask for it to be checked at annual on Aug 1st..... scared to know.... My parents mentioned retiring to California - and that if they do, I have to move there! HAH! Vacation, for sure - love to visit...but cannot afford to buy a house to replace the one I would have to sell here..... I wish they would just retire here in Florida....

Gracious - AWWWWW he is singing a duet! That is so cute!!!!! Glad to hear the potty prob is cured! I bet it will take quite a while to get over that pneumonia! And you probably need to really take care of yourself not to get too sick again.... take your vitamins! These prenatal vitamins I am taking - LOVE 'EM!!! I have been feeling much better - maybe psychological - but I am!

Country - I am jealous - you sound like you are having such a terrific time and feeling so good! I imagine you are getting plenty of fresh air and exercise just getting out and doing your practice with your bow! You beat the socks off those guys!

Deb - Loved the joke - hahaha LOL!!! So corny, hehehehe

Monet - Sounds like you are going to be styling at the Wedding...enjoy!!!!

Zanne - glad your son is better - and keep up the good work with your working out - probably dont want to reverse all the good work eating poorly after a good workout! That is how I feel....

HomeSchool - WOW!!! I am such a nut and obsesser of food, I cannot imagine just trying the things you mentioned for the first time as an adult! Well good for you for trying them - and you will probably find something really yummy in all your new tasting and experimenting Ready for sushi? hahahaha - just kidding!!!

I have to go to work now - plus lunch is here - I got a spinach, artichoke and low fat mozzarella cheese on an organic whole wheat wrap - yummy!!!

Sabrina
Old 05-31-2002, 12:16 PM   #108  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Back again..LOL

Taking some me time this morning. Folded some clothes. Ate an early lunch since I skipped dinner and breakfast. I'm stuffed like a tick. Had a delicious hamburger with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and jalapenos....could barely eat it all. I should have stopped at half but I was greedy.

Jack-K....oooo balancing the checkbook and bills...not a fun thing around here..LOL I've had that debate myself many times about whether to walk or not walk. It always feels better when I get out and do it. But man, if I wait to long at night my hiney gets glued to my chair. Good job getting out there and getting it done this morning.

Gracious...Your hubby's bow is probably set high like my husband's. Robert is set at like 65 pounds of pressure and mine is set at 41 pounds. When I first started it was so hard but I wanted to be legal so we set it at 41. One day I hope to pull 50, but that's not gonna be anytime soon. I still poop out at the end of a long session. I told Robert it has to count as exercise. I was sweating up a storm after shooting and retrieving the arrows for 30 minutes. LOL okay maybe not really exercise but fun.

Nancy...WTG!!!! Awesome on the cholesterol! I wouldn't worry to much about the weight yet. Last week I bounced up to 158 and was about to run for the hills and eat every thing I could find. Then about a day or two later the dam broke and all the water came off...got back down to 153. But I know it's scary when it jumps up and you don't know why. If you are eating mostly right and walking it's probably water. Has it warmed up where you live? I find getting really hot can pack on a couple of pounds sometimes. That and really salty foods.

Tranquil...Hey! (waving) We were posting at the same time so I'm gonna edit..LOL Thanks..it has been fun.

I almost forgot. We have a litter of the cutest little Aussie pups. One of them appears to be blind. Please pray the little girl can hear. I think it would be very difficult to put her down. Especially on the children.

Love,
Crystle

235/153/135

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 05-31-2002 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:14 PM   #109  

Good afternoon everyone, getting a late start this morning.... Happy Friday to everyone.

Fruitloupe- You're lucky I'm just the other way, colonostopy for me the end ot the month. Yuck......I'm not crazy about getting ready for that... Have a blast at camp..

Sef- Good luck on your day.... Hope you have a ball...

Homeschooling Mom- Sounds like you're getting the hang of this. I'm still working on mine. Have trouble with those vegetables. And I need to get more exercise in. Sure don't know what happened to me I used to walk everyday and now out of the habit... We can do it!!!!

Zanne- So glad your DS is better... Good for you and the exercise.... Isn't there a saying about nothing tastes as good as slim feels....

Melf- wow how great your trip sounds I hope you have such a neat time.

Tranquil-Sounds like you're busy busy. Thats allot of closings for one day.... Have a great time with Melf tomorrow...

Debilli- Howdy ho..... Your joke is cute....

Country Mom- Sounds like you're getting better and better with that bow. I think you're so right about perceptions. Oh my gosh I loved fried gizzards. But haven't had any in years.

Nancemeister- You've hit a rough patch, hopefully maybe it because of not drinking enough water. Its funny the more water I drink the more I lose. Sometimes I long for the convience of city life and then I go to a big city here which isn't a tenth as big as one in Calif. and remember how bad I hate the traffic. I remember when we moved from Calif. (Anaheim) to Missouri and it took us two hours and bumper to bumper traffic to just get pointed in the right direction. The peace that surrounds me is wonderful... Great on your cholesterol...

Gracious-Good luck at the doctor's. LOL for your son. I love it... I forget all the stuff that happened with my boys while they were growing up. And love your tails.

Jack-K- Great on the walking !!!! Ah I've got to get busy and walk so you don't out exercise me.. Oh my gosh your cruise sounds great!!!!!!!! I've never been on one before and would love to go... I agree with you at least its not raining....

Think I'm at the end... You all have a great day...

213/188/130
Old 05-31-2002, 01:53 PM   #110  

Thanks all for the sympathy - my migraine is still here, but I'm at work, so I'd rather talk to you all.

Jack-K - no rain in my area! But I'll travel to it, if you tell me where! I'm in Casa Grande, and work in Tucson. Usually my migraines mean rain 2-3 days from now. Of course I don't know if that means it's supposed to rain in CG or Tucson! I hope so, this heat is a scorcher - 105 again today!

Deb - I took a look at protein sources, and figure I can incorporate some tofu, cottage cheese, and soybeans. I saw a soymilk that's unsweetened (Yay) on the prettyimpressivestuff.com site. I need to do some shopping! I need to get some more chana dal too. Doing pretty good today with the protein (it's not even lunchtime yet ). Does all that dairy protein bother you? I think I might need to get some Lactaid to help - just feeling a little bloated, but that could be TOM too.

Well, work is calling, so back to the grind. Thank you, thank you, it's Friday (I thought it was Thursday!).
Old 05-31-2002, 03:07 PM   #111  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Real quick...heading out for lunch in a minute...

Tranquil Where about are your parents thinking of retiring? That would be a real bummer to be so far away from each other, especially if they raised you in Florida. My in-laws live in Kansas and it's a real bummer not to see each other more often. Too bad families can't all find a place that works for everyone and just stay put!

Jack-k I didn't see you posting about any tatoos either! But I bet if the two of us got together, we could show the other chicks a good time! Are you considering going to NC in October for the SB get-together????

CountryMom HAS IT WARMED UP????? You've got to be kidding! Next to Death Valley...we are right up there. It was 106 yesterday, and cooled down to what felt like 104 at night. HELP!!! Get me out of here. Can hardly wait til August (NOT!)
It's going to be a doozie of a summer.

Okay...gotta get!
Old 05-31-2002, 03:15 PM   #112  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Psstttt....

Go Nancy! Go Nancy! Go Nancy! Way to go girl!!!

Crystle... bring me that pup! I have a soft heart for the deafies, and the blind ones too!!!!!!!!!!

Took my dog to the vet for his recheck today and got the ALL CLEAR!! No more heartworms! Also got him the 6 month shot, no worries till October

Ya'll keep your fingers crossed for my youngest son tonite, it's the last game that decides if they finish UNDEFEATED or not!!!

OK getting my wide behind off this chair and getting ready for work now!! Toodles!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 03:19 PM   #113  

Hi everyone....thanks so much for the advice on late night hunger!

My left heel has been hurting since December, I went to a podiatrist and found I had Plantar Fasciatus(sp?) so I got a cortisone shot in the heel two days ago.....
I took it easy yesterday and today it is much better!
I have been working out through the pain but wow its great that it is gone!

meliris
Hi, Where do you find bread?? I am having a really hard time finding a bread that is sugar free. I usually shop at Acme.

Trishaloo
Thanks for the advise on the SF pops! I really don't like artificial
sweetners. Have you found a good sf ice cream?

Jack-K
Thanks for the tip on the Estees Ketchup!

Tree
What is the cream cheese, pudding thing??

Toni48, Tranquil Thanks for the advice!

Beth and Jemn
Cool tatoos!! I have a small butterfly on my derier(SP??)

sef
Thanks for the mac&cheese tip! Hopefully I can get the kids to eat
it.

Nancemeister
LOL...I cracked up at your response! I think I will print it out and
read it when I get a craving!! Though I actually was hungry that night, my stomach was growling.
If you have a oatmeal cookie recipe...would you give it to me also.

fruitloupe
Can't go to bed if I get hungry....its the most peaceful time of the day..all the rugrats are in bed. I will get the estees ketchup soon and let you know how it is.

CountryMom4Him
Hi,I used to live in Arlington and Ft.Worth!! Bet its hot down there!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 05-31-2002, 03:50 PM   #114  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Ketchup facts....LOL

All this talk about ketchup had me curious. I found some of the estee ketchup for 50 cents in a mark down buggy a while back but hadn't brought it out. Well, you know I had to do a taste test and a nutritional comparision. Taste are very close in flavor. I think the Estee has a more tomato flavor but over all I prefer the Parade (genric brand). The Estee is thicker than the genric.

Here is the comparision on nutrients:

Serving size is 1 tbsp for both.

Calories: 20 Estee 15 Parade
Total fat: 0 0
Sodium 190 190
Carbs: 5g 4g
Sugars 1g 4g
sugar
alcohol 3g
protien 0 0
Vitamin A not sig. 6%

I don't eat a lot of ketchup but it was fun to compare facts. I have some of that Estee Grape Jelly in there....I'm on a mission...LOL

Nancy...sorry I didn't pay more attention to where you lived. I guess a better question would be do you ever cool down?

Chris B...it is getting hot. We had a real early hot blast last month but we are closer to normal now. We are hurting for rain. If rained some yesterday but not even enough to start running off into the ditches or creeks. My pond looks like it's August or September outside.

Love,
Crystle

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 05-31-2002 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:52 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey Guys,

Checking out early tonite. Company has a table for dinner at the gambling boat for the fund for the Arts (fancy-smancy) and know one can go and someone from our company has to be there, so gets who got stuck going. SUcker. OF well, free dinner and drings (but I'm not drinking, not drinking). Not going to the boat.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Nance, WTG on the drop in cholorestol. This WOE does more good than you realize.

Graciuos, Glad you DS is over his "accidents". You never know what triggers some things. Hope the weather holds out for the barn work tomorrow.

Country, I had the same exact lunch. How funny. I love jalapenos. How sad about the puppy.

Toni, A colonostopy? Yuk. I loved your little saying. It's right too.

Tree, Glad you are feeling better.

Nance, Probably a negative on the NC trip sinc we are going on the cruise in Nov. Maybe though.

Beth Good luck on the ballgame. You still win no matter right? Glad dog is better.

ChrisB, bread doesn't have to be sf, only 3 or less grams of sugar. 100% ww. If kids won't eat the ww pasta, get 100% duram semolina. it's white and I can't tell the difference.

Have a great weekend.

Jackie
257/191/145
10-10-01
Old 05-31-2002, 04:39 PM   #116  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

Here and gone!!!! All too soon!!!!! It was a delight to meet Mary,her DH, BIL, & DS. We talked incessantly. Melf took pictures with her digital camera. So DEB will get to see my mug. It was skinny Melf and fat me!! I wish the visit could have been longer, they were here about 2 1/2 hours, but they wanted to get to Marianne before dark.

FRUIT: Were your ears ringing? We were talking about you! We'd both like to get together with you. Maybe Thunder could join in too. You have your surgery and Melf has vacation, so it will be a little while.

Melf is so delightful and looks great. At first her sister seemed a little shy, but warmed up quickly. It was jusy a neat time. She showed me a baby afghan she is working her, it has the alphabet in popcorn stitch. It will be very pretty finished. I truly hope we meet again!

TRANQUILL: Sorry dear, I didn't get back to Board until after they left, so could not give your message.

I spent some time last night rereading some Bios and catching up on new ones.

JACKK: You mention meds messed up your liver. Remember I said my husband had Methotrexate as a study case. While on that he was hospitalized for four months as a was to monitor study, and they did periodic liver biopsies as they said it could affect the liver negatively and be very serious.

I also wanted to catch up on pictures so went through the album.

MONET320: We could be sisters! I think I look a lot like you or vice versa!

COUNTRY: Liver and gizzards! I never knew anyoine but me that likes gizzards!

NANCE: Great to see than lower number on cholesterol, My went down after I started this woe too.

Well, didn't sleep too great last night. Think I will put my feet up for a while.

Take care all. sef
Old 05-31-2002, 04:50 PM   #117  
sef

Default FRIDAY FUNNY

Proud to be a Senior Citizen

I'm the life of the party - even when it lasts until 8 p.m.
I'm very good at opening childproof caps with a hammer.
I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am going.
I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.
I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a word you're saying.
I'm very good at telling stories.....over and over and over.
I'm aware that other people's grandchildren are not as bright as mine.
I'm not grouchy, I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds or politicians.
I'm sure everything I can't find is in a secure place.
I'm having trouble remembering simple words like............
I'm realizing that aging is not for sissies.
I'm a walking storeroom of facts; I've just lost the key to it.
I'm a senior citizen and I think I am having the time of my life!
Old 05-31-2002, 04:52 PM   #118  
sef

Default FRIDAY FUNNY

DON'T ARGUE WITH CHILDREN

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".

The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to ****?"

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".
Old 05-31-2002, 04:57 PM   #119  
sef

Default FRIDAY FUNNY

How to bathe the cat

1 - Thoroughly clean toilet.

2. Lift both lids and add shampoo.

3. Find and soothe cat as you carry him to the bathroom.

4. In one swift move, place cat in toilet, close both lids and
stand on top, so cat cannot escape.

5. The cat will self agitate and produce ample suds. (Ignore
ruckus from inside toilet, cat is enjoy- ing this).

6. Flush toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides power rinse, which is
quite effective.

7. Have someone open outside door, stand as far from toilet as
possible and quickly lift both lids.

8. Clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and outdoors, where he
will air dry.

Sincerely, The Dog
Old 05-31-2002, 05:18 PM   #120  

Hi all, I have been reading and working on this note for a few days now, so, I hope it is not all out of date. Yesterday we had a great outing to Hendersonville where we went to this fun Mexican restaurant, tried some health food stores, a needlepoint shop and then did the grocery store. I think I overdid it a bit and I am resting today. The friend that visited recently is really good at needlepoint, so, we visited some needlepoint shops while she was here. I found this little kit called Stitch and Zip which is a little cosmetic bag that has already been assembled. It was a fun project for a beginner, like me. The price was quite reasonable as well. I can see that I will do more of this type thing since you can just keep it in your purse to work on a little at a time.

I want to thank all of you for your good wishes for my speedy recovery. I’m afraid it is going to take a little time but I seem better each day. Tuesday , I took my Z pak pill but it is suppose to keep on working for five more days. Maybe once the drugs get out of my system, I will not be so tired.

CountryMom: I think I would choose just to weigh in the mornings. Who needs the night time stress.

Jack-K: I am glad I didn’t know the Z-Pak might make me hungry. Maybe the Zrytec is overriding it’s effect. A breakfast suggestion: I know this may sound strange but try just try it. I put one tablespoon of peanut butter in with my oatmeal. (After it is cooked, of course) I use salt in my oatmeal but could use a sweetener like agave or SF syrup. Let me know. Sometimes I have a boiled egg with cream cheese and either SGWW toast or even oatmeal. A little smoked pork chop and some eggs or egg beater are good, also. Tree’s protein smoothie suggestion sounds really good.

Tranquil: I love Carraba’s. I usually have the Chicken stuffed with goat cheese. I believe it is a little high in fat but so good.

Gracious: You are so right about feeling run down…..actually, I feel like the truck stopped for awhile on my chest. HA!

BOB: I just read that you have been ill with, what sounds like the same things I have had. The doctor gave me a Z Pak as well as Zrytec. It has all helped but I am still trying to recover and it has been two weeks or so now. I truly know how you feel and I am sorry you have this awful stuff.

Welcome newbies. Your interesting questions always inspire me.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend.
Closed Thread