Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many times did you find yourself eating things off plan during the last week?
None 5 14.71%
1 6 17.65%
2-3 7 20.59%
4-5 4 11.76%
6-9 1 2.94%
10 or more 1 2.94%
Haven\'t a clue, but it was a lot 6 17.65%
Just starting SB 3 8.82%
Other 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 10:49 AM   #46  
"I'm working on it!"

Thumbs down Checkin' In

Good Morning Gang!

I was in a daze this morning when I stepped on the scale and didn't even remember it was Wednesday! When this fact finally clued in, I thought I'd check in with you all. I seem to be stuck at 167. Been there for a few weeks. At least it wasn't a big gain!

I've only just barely glanced at some of the posts. Still don't have my computer fixed. Actually might be a good thing cause I tend to 'munch' when I'm at the computer.

My poor DS had "hand, foot and mouth" for a week. Didn't eat for 5 days and that's very unusual for him. It was a struggle to even get him to take water cause the mouth sores were so painful. He was ok for a week and now he has a bad cold/cough! Needless to say, I'm a little sleep deprived!

I've been trying to keep OP and eat 80-90% almost every day. Was a challenge when DS was sick cause Dr suggested cold stuff (ice cream, popsicles) for his mouth. He didn't want them and now we have a freezer full of the stuff. Guess it's still a challenge!

I've tried to plan a little ahead. I've got cooked chicken breast and hard boiled eggs and cooked barley in the fridge so that if I'm hungry, I have something legal and quick to eat. I'll have to cut up some celery and make a batch of hummus

I'm trying to get back on plan with the exercising too. I figured I better do it in the morning cause I was too pooped in the evening to do it. Picked up a pretty decent exercise bike at a garage sale for $5!!!! DH and I want to do some cross-training (we already have an elliptical machine), so for 5 bucks, what the heck.

I think I had to collect myself and get back in mode. I re-read a bunch of SB material and the BFL book and some fitness mags. I know what I'm supposed to be eating--just have to concentrate on getting in the veggies and fruit. I've planned out an exercise program and started it on Monday. Abs are sore from yesterday's workout! I'm crossing the days off on the calander and seeing the "X"s adding up seems to psych me. Hey, whatever works.

The weather finally seems to be getting nice. I got a sunburn on Friday. So I'll be outside doing the gardens! Keeps me away from the fridge.

Well, I better go and get to the household chores so I can get out in the gardens! Hope all of you are doing well. I think of the people on the board every morning when I add the agave to my coffee. I'll have to try to schedule in some "puter" time so that I can read the posts.

Bye for now!
Old 05-29-2002, 11:02 AM   #47  
Wannabe skinny babe

Unhappy WIW - ick!

Hey everyone!

Here I am, behind again! I need to make everything more consistent in my life!!!

Wedding update: We’ve decided on a small, casual ceremony in our home church. Looking at October 5 or 19, depending on the church’s schedule. We will follow that with cake, cookies, punch, milk and coffee in the church’s fellowship hall as a way to thank everyone for coming.

In late April next year, we’re going out to my mother’s house near Monterey, CA for our honeymoon. Mom will be on a trip, so we have the use of her house and car. All we have to pay for is food and fun!

We figured it made more sense to save up for a house than to blow it all on a trip. I don’t think we’ll be able to swing a down payment for a year or two, but it’s a start!

Dan’s cousin had her baby yesterday… don’t know the pertinent info, but she’s Olivia Faith, who decided to be born a week early. Dan’s aunt and uncle are now grandparents, and they’re SO thrilled.

WIW – the scale is up, but I know why. I ate like a moose yesterday, consuming anything and everything I could get my hands on. I’m up at about 181, so my next goal is to get below 180 for next WI. I’m going to give it my best shot to get as close to my goal weight as possible before the wedding.

OH! Almost forgot – I got a George Foreman-like grill… the one made by Black & Decker, with the timer and removable, dishwasher safe grills. I love it! I’d been using Dan’s mom’s teeny GF one over at their house, and decided I needed one of my/our own. Dan, being the “Great White Hunter of the North” that he is brought home some bass filets from his camping trip over the weekend. So we sprinkled some lemon pepper on them and tried out the grill. It was wonderful! Added some steamed asparagus and we were all set. I also grilled some eggplant on it this morning, to take to work with me. Yum!

Let’s see if I can attempt to catch up a little here…

Quivondra – sorry the vacation was bad, but glad to hear you maintained!

3mills – welcome! I also eat out much more than I should. Stick to some kind of meat (cow, fish, chicken), steamed or grilled veggies, and a salad and you can’t go too far wrong. I always ask for veggies instead of potato or rice. The hard thing is to stay away from the darn loaf of bread they always bring out!

Question for you long-timers – is that dark bread at Outback legal?

Glory – now that spring is really here in MN, our grass is growing like mad. Dan just mowed last week, and it needs it again.

Debelli – isn’t it weird how alterations can cost more than the item itself? That always makes me wish I’d learned how to sew. I have to ask Dan to sew buttons back on when they come off.

Sef – LOLOLOLOL! That was priceless! Sorry you couldn’t get in, however.

Gracious – A shame about the lamb. It’s hard when something like that happens. Question – what are “Cherry Blossoms”? I got the drinking Pepsi part.

Tranquil – good for you for sticking with it. I know when I get on that scale and it shows a gain, my first instinct is to say “Heck with it” and trot off to eat something cuz I’ve already blown it. I need to work on that!

Chrisb – welcome, and let me know how you like the Simply Fruit. We have to finish off the LS grape jelly before I buy more, but it is pretty icky.

Jack-K – wish fate would intervene with MY eating! Lucky you that your DF will eat the SF ice cream. For breakfast, I’ll sometimes eat a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on SGWW bread, or I’ll toast the bread and put peanut butter (and/or jelly) with it, open face or 1 slice cut in half. I also try to keep hard-boiled eggs handy, along with ham slices, for those protein days or when I’m in a hurry. I’ve also decided to get some Cheerios in the house, as extra insurance that I make myself eat breakfast.

Toni48 – whoohoo, congrats on the loss! *happy dance for you*

Nance – I think I’ve been to your little town. It’s so beautiful up there. You’re lucky if you can figure out a way to live there!

That's it for now. Have a good day, everyone!

Jenn
Old 05-29-2002, 11:30 AM   #48  
Sonya

Angry

Hi everyone.

Just sitting around here waiting on the rain. The baby woke me up about 4 times last nite. She kicks so strong that she wakes me up during the nite.

Melf- Enjoy you vacation and your visit with Sef. Hope you get the rain that we're supposed to get the next 4 days.

Debelli- I was overruled about the cat. No matter what I said he was bound and determined to get it. Hes supposed to put it outside starting this weekend. I love cats but can't even touch them. Makes me itch just thinking about touching it. We are getting excited about the baby getting here in the next 2 1/2 months. I can hardly wait to see what she looks like. And to see how much weight I drop after I have her.

Gracious- I don't touch the cat, feed the cat, change the litter or water the cat. I made that perfectly clear to him when he overruled me about getting it. His mother even jumped on him about it and it didn't even phase him. I have what is called cat scratch disease. If I even touch a cat and have a cut or open wound any where on my body, I break out all over.
I will be 27 weeks pregnant Monday. They cut off 2 weeks of my due date due to gestational diabetes and are going to take her 2 weeks early, around August 18.

Well gotta go everyone have a great day!!!!

Old 05-29-2002, 12:26 PM   #49  

Hope WIW is being good to everyone. I'm up a pound today, but TOM is due any day, so I'm not feeling too distraught about that. I managed to stay pretty much OP during the long week-end and even got my much needed exercise in all 3 days. Once again, though, I found myself not drinking enough water.

I see we have several newbies on board. Welcome guys. Wow, I'm starting to feel like an old timer. This is a great place for support if you haven't figured that out already.

I've been getting my agave from St Pats Brewing Supply. They are not too terribly far from me. A friend is a beer brewer and picks it up for me. The last time he was there, they asked him, "who are all these Sugar Buster people that are getting this stuff and what do they use it for?" Words getting out folks!

Gotta run, just wanted to get in a quick post. Toodles!!

Trish
Old 05-29-2002, 12:41 PM   #50  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking

STREAKS THROUGH THE FORUM AS SHE YELLS.......

"I'LL BE BACK!!!"
Old 05-29-2002, 01:02 PM   #51  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Just a quickie to let you all know I'm alive!!!

Been sitting on the kitchen floor since 9am trying to clean the grout with my sisters STEAM BUGGY machine-only have 1/4 of the kitchen done and taking a break, need to get something to eat, a shower, most definitely and then go get the kids from school - what a job!

OMG, SOLSHINE is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all are well today-will try to check in later.

Toodles

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 05-29-2002, 01:25 PM   #52  

Default Hola!!!

Okay - I went to the gym, met with the personal trainer - weighed in and get this - their scale is weighing me in at 253 fully clothed! So, dilemma = go with their scale, and feel good = go with my scale and just keep on trucking?

Compliments - don't they make you feel so good! Today a co-worker stopped me and said that she could see my neck, shoulder, collar bone area is getting bonier - made me feel good!
So who cares that the scale was not nice, I know somewhere along this rough road I am lighter and smaller!!!

ChrisB - there are a lot of cajun recipes in the book - but I have found a lot of helpful ideas and such and I like the shopping list in the back.... It is a nice book to have.... I hope you win a bid on Ebay and are able to get it....

Jack-K - One day I want to weigh what you weigh!!! You need to lose so I can lose - hahahaha

Toni - Oh you lost the weight for me? Hahaha - Great going! I am sure my kidneys will eventually kick in and I will be spending more time in the loo! Meanwhile - 4 pounds of water ain’t bad! I can gain 10-15 in a day!! Since starting Sugar Busters and limiting my intake on fluids - I have not seen those fluctuations - and I am happy for it - I will take 4 over 10 any day

Zanne - So sorry to hear about your ds being so sick - ouch!!! That is rough! Hang in there - he will get better, you will get rest and you can get all that stuff out of your freezer so it does not tempt you - or mark it “Poison” = hahahaha

Jenn - Sounds like you have a good plan for the wedding and honeymoon! I love my foreman grill - I am sure you will too!!

Thunder - Take care of yourself!!!

Trish - Next week will be a better one!

Solshine - Looks like you started running and can’t stop!

Deb - Ewwww cleaning grout!!!! What a horrible job!

Sabrina
272/258 or 252/157
April 1, 2002 - sd
Old 05-29-2002, 02:05 PM   #53  

Hi Gang: It's good to check in, And it a good WIW day for me I'm down 2lbs more. WooHoo!

Deb: Boy I guess you can concider yourself lucky, cause around here we have enough rain that we have to mow every wk and sometimes in 5days time it needs it again. I love it. Hey am I ever glad I can sew, I would have had a cow at having to pay more for the alterations than the cost of the dress, But like someone said, If ya don't sew it's gonna be worth it when she wears it to the dance and feels good about herself and what a great memory that will be. Good goin Mom! If they'd only say that once in awhile.

Tranquil: You hang in there girl, That's most likely water weight and it'll be gone before you know it.

Chris: I have WWMac and Cheese and love it. But not to often cause I watch the carbs closely and I tend to over eat at it.

Jackie: I also get alot of rain and have to mow often, Man God really gave me something I love Most people hate the rain but look what it does for us. For breakfast I sometimes have WW Waffles,Or eggs, or uncle sams cereal. Mostly I eat protein not breakfast food it's not my thing. So I eat chicken or salad or what ever I would have for lunch.

Toni: 4lbs that's great way to go keep up the good work. Isn't it fun to stay OP and have such a great reward. You go girl.

Well gotta run, busy day today. Going out of town tomorrow to visit a cousin, Love to all Glory
Old 05-29-2002, 02:25 PM   #54  

About my trip...There was a lot of family stress going on down in Florida. It's too much to go over, but my BF and I were basically cornered by everyone to "like" this pregnant girl who will soon be part of the fam. There is a lot of history there and we felt really betrayed and stressed since we weren't just allowed to enjoy our vacation. It was all about this pregnant girl. On top of that..my BF had to actually work for a day and a half. None of this matters now since it's over..and both of us know better than to mix family and vacation!

My job? Well, I have wanted to leave for a while now. My boss is just a lying, passive aggressive @#$%#. All my friends managed to find a way out and I can't even get an interview. I'm just down in the dumps since the market is so bad.

Oh, and it doesn't help that I have a fear of terrorists planting bombs in new york city. The potential nuclear war in India and Pakistan is enough to put me on edge!! I basically read the FBI is 70% sure that there will be terrorist activity in new york and that they won't be able to stop it. So, needless to say..my stress level is a little above where I'd like it to be...I really pray for a day that I can wake up not afraid of being attacked.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:33 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Default Just checking in

Well, WIW really stinks this time. Hopefully, it's fluid because my face is really puffy. Anyway, we are going on our first mini vacation this weekend. Going to Gulf Shores(Alabama)-leaving early Friday morning and returning Saturday evening. We can't afford to stay any longer and I will be nervous as it is with Boogie being so far off from the hospital. I really didn't want to go because I don't have a swimsuit(and I will not buy one) and I know I will be self conscious being at the beach with skinny,tan girls sporting bikinis. Told hubby if I catch him so much as peeking at girls then that will be the last time we ever go to the beach again. Of course he says I am just as beautiful(yea,right) and no prob there.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:15 PM   #56  

Default i'm back

Hi Everyone,
I am going to try this cut and paste thing from Word Notepad. Anyway, WIW wasn't too bad, didn't lose, but didn't gain after a eating spree that began Friday night and ended Monday night. I re-read the newbie tips email I received from Jack-K (thanks again!) and I realized I was eating way too many legal starchy carbs. I had conveniently forgotten that there was a limit. I think I'll cut back to 1-1.5 servings a day until I get a few more pounds lost.

Still can't find Nature's Own SFWW bread. Did make a good treat yesterday and today - cole slaw mix from the bagged salad section with Ranch dressing - yummy!

I'm not very good at keeping up with everyone - but I'm going to try harder from now on!

I was reading through the posts really quickly, then I couldn't remember who posted the question - about a sugar-free italian dressing. Try Newman's. I think it's delicious and have always used it. I was happy to find it was legal.

Deb - I think it's great that you confess when you cheat. If I thought other people were perfect on maintenance, and I knew I couldn't be, then it would make this WOE more intimidating!

3Mills- I haven't tried the bread at Subway - good to know that it is illegal - but what I have done twice since starting SB is to have their salad. The roasted chicken is good. First you tell them what you want in your salad from the array of sandwich toppings. I usually get lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and cucumber. Then they cut up a whole, cooked chicken breast for you and put it on top, and then you choose your dressing. I've been getting the oil and vinegar. It's a great lunch or dinner.

Take care and good luck with everyone's WIW!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 05:01 PM   #57  

Hi Newbies - There's another sugarbuster's site which has a Kitchen Pantry and SB legal brands subsites on it
<<http://www.prettyimpressivestuff.com.../sb_pantry.htm>>

It's not too hard to find the nutritional info on eateries out there, try doing a internet search. For example type in
"nutritional info" Outback
Using the quotations around the words nutritional info, keeps those two words together during the search. I use the <<www.google.com>> search engine. You'll get a lot of diet sites, and possibly even the eatery site itself.

I personally really like the Annie's Naturals salad dressing, my fav is the sesame & shitake mushroom blend. There's a truffle olive oil blend - sounds good, but all I taste are olives, and it's an olive oil base. The Green Goddess is pretty good too.

Also legal are the Laughing cow lite cheese wedges, Toufayan WW pitas, triscuits, ryekrisps, rold gold pretzels.

One quick dessert to make - 2 cups FF milk, any flavor Jello FF, SF pudding, and 8oz FF cream cheese. You can also add 2tbsp of Torani SF syrup for variety. I made a Torani caramel, white choc, cream cheese pudding that was awesome!

As for breakfast (which I need to start doing again) - smoothies are the best way to go. My version is 1/2c FF milk, 1 scoop protein powder (Aria vanilla flavor), 5 pieces of frozen fruit, 1/2c vanilla or plain yogurt (I add 2 tsp fructose when using plain yogurt).

Dannon Fit-n-Lite is a good yogurt (fructose + artificial sugar). I also use Mountain High Plain and Vanilla yogurt (all natural sugars).

Remember the talk about Burt's Bees products? I said the mint lip balm was slightly addictive. My dog , Bandit, must have read my mind when I wrote that. Apparently the tin pot fell on the floor. By the time I found it, he had licked it clean.

Started doing fitday.com today. Yup, not getting enough protein. I guess it's back to smoothies in the morning. Adding eggs also adds fat in almost an equal proportion - unless I do whites only. Fitday tends to stick beans and lentils in as carbs, aren't they supposed to be protein too? Any suggestions as to adding more protein sources?

Well, despite my struggles, today I'm back down to 130. I was moving up to 131-132 during my CHEAT weekend! That's what prompted me to check fitday. Yes, I've stopped the Yoplait Lite Yogurt - totally illegal stuff! NOW, I know, and am being more vigilant on the label reading.

Deb - thanks for the yogurt cheese brand info. I haven't had time to look for them yet though.

Sorry if I missed anybody, it's been very stressful at work the last 2 weeks. I had to deal with some very unorganized people, and they made the last 2 weeks H-E- double hockey sticks!

Congrats to all who lost (some nice losses too!), and those who are hanging in and hanging on!
Old 05-29-2002, 05:02 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

Getting ready to head home. Got to get to the grocery tonite. Nothing in the house to eat and I did not plan anything for dinner. I hate when I'm unprepared and out of carbs. Oh well.

Toni, WTG Girl. 4 pounds. That's wonderful. I was shooting for getting out of the 190's myself. Didn't quite make it. Maybe next week. Keep up the good work. OK it's a challenge. I'm going to kick butt next week and be down with you again!!

ChrisB, we were posting at the same time. I have made mac & cheese using the duram semolina pasta. But I don't make it often. It is too hard to only eat 1/2 cup. Be careful. Another bread which is pretty easy to find is Pepperidge Farm's WW bread. Go to the recipe board here and print off some recipes. Someone (sorry forgot who) has saved them in word and can e-mail them all to you. I have a whole binder full of recipes I have gotten here and off sweet talk board.

zANNE, What a horrible disease your DS had. Now he has a cold. Poor thing. Hope he is feeling better soon. Sounds like you have a plan worked out. That is the secret to this WOE. Planning and being prepared. Your exercise plans sounds good too. Wish I had a bike and for $5. What a bargain. Of course, I have sold many a bike before when they sit and collect dust.

Jenn, Sounds like wonderful wedding plans and so sensible. You will be glad when you make the down payment on that house. Congrats on the new arrival in Dan’s family. No the bread at Outback is not legal. When we go to a restaurant (if we are alone), I tell them not to bring the bread. If my kids are with us or another couple, I tell them to only bring them for them. That way I’m not tempted. I have a Hamilton Beach grill, but it is so hard to clean. Sounds like yours is better.

Thunder. Do you have a name picked out for your little girl? I love girls ( I have 2), until the become teenagers. LOL

Trish, Hang in there, that pound will come off plus some after TOM. Keep drinking that water. It really helps. That’s funny about the Agave. We are spreading the word.

Tranquil, Is their scale a dr.’s scale? IF so, it should be pretty accurate unless it is sitting on carpet. It’s a good start, hang in there.

Glory, Down 2 pounds WhooHoo for you!

Quiv, You poor thing. I feel sorry for you living in so much fear. I don’t think I would want to live in NY right now. Try not to worry too much. Stay out of high profile places and high rise buildings. Hope the family thing and your job hunting improves.

Heartmom, Go have a good time and try not to worry. A small vacation will be good for you. Don’t worry about those skinny-minnies. I’m sure you look just as good.

Jbug, Sometimes I cut back on my carbs too. I can’t get Natures Own bread in Ky either. I buy Grant’s Farm 100% WW. Hang in there it will come off.

Have a great nite all. See ya tomorrow.

Jackie
257/191/145
10-10-01
Old 05-29-2002, 06:52 PM   #59  

Default Good Evening

Hi All: My muscles were screaming today on the bike - only 4 miles - but I feel like I at least did something! Came home and weighed and I was 256 - that is 2 pounds down from this morning - and so I have a feeling that I was just full of something hahahaha - I am heading out for a walk soon - not letting these tired ole muscles push me around!

Tree - thanks for your link and suggestions!

Jack-K - It is one of those big doctor scales and it is on the hard tile floor that looks like a school's floor - forgot the name of that tile - I am feeling pretty happy at the moment that I have lost

Quiv - Sorry about your vacation being a bummer!

Heartmom - Hope you have a fun time and don't worry so much about those thin people...one thing I realized is that people are more worried about themselves than others - so they won't look at you and say oh look at her! They will be thinking - Oh what a glorious day in the sun!

Glory - Yahooooo on being a loser!!! hahaha - good for you on your loss!!!

Well to those I missed - Hello!!!

Sabrina
Old 05-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #60  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY !!!!

BOB went back to work today, but wishes that she had stayed home. I'm totally washed out! My big ole ARSE is dragging WAY behind me BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!

I'm like SOL today...JUST PASSING THROUGH>>>>>

BUT FIRST:

Jackie...I was also at the FRESH MARKET I think it's on Shelbyville road..they carry FLOWERS in every store I've been in of theirs. Call them...but I'm pretty sure...oh wait...I was at the super WALMART on WESTPORT too...it has to be at one of these three places...GOOD LUCK

BE CAREFULE MELF>>>>>and enjoy your trip...

Thanks to EVERYONE for the well wishes...the way I feel, I really need them...

Nancy...sounds like the DUNGEON MISTRESS and her ASSISTANT will be coming for a visit...but after what ELI did the other night by POURING OUT THE STARBUCKS he just might be left at home...

MOVIE UPDATE....

BANDITS...BRUCE WILLIS and BILLY BOB THORNTON...GET IT!!!! I laughed until my sides hurt..Billy Bob was so funny...but it's a good movie from start to finish...
I'm going to watch SPY GAME tonight and I'll let you know..

BOB
Closed Thread