Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many times did you find yourself eating things off plan during the last week?
None 5 14.71%
1 6 17.65%
2-3 7 20.59%
4-5 4 11.76%
6-9 1 2.94%
10 or more 1 2.94%
Haven\'t a clue, but it was a lot 6 17.65%
Just starting SB 3 8.82%
Other 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 09:53 AM   #136  
Science teacher,mom,wife

Default First Day!

Good Morning All!

Well this is our first day! I am a teacher and the students brought in wonderful food this year... I gained 20 pounds in addition to what I needed to lose. So my goal for the summer is working on my weight! Looking forward to having you all as support!

Gumbo - Day 1!
Old 06-02-2002, 10:53 AM   #137  

Default Happy Sunday and It is a Sunnyday!

Hi All:

Well just wanted to check in and tell you all that yesterday at 1:00 I met Melf and her DH and her DSis and DBIL at Wendy's in St. Augustine - I drove there with my friend, Wendy, and we all ate salads and chatted for a good hour or so.... they are very sweet and interesting people - and a joy to have met them - and hope to meet them again!!!! Melf is defeinitely a beautiful TINY person!!!! She is an inspiration - she is also a very dear and giving person I have not had the picture downloaded from the camera as of yet - but will today and will post it....

Welcome Gumbo - this is a great group for friendly support and great woe!

Chris and Mel - Congrats on your getting into smaller sizes!

HomeSchool - I have found the more I walk now, the more energy - along with taking vitamins - and even losing 1/2 pound just makes me so motivated. I am tired of feeling poorly and being unable to buy regular size clothes in a department store - so that motivates me as well! Find a goal, something positive - just think positive.... you can do it!!!!

Tree- Way to GO!!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic!!!!

Deb - {{Hugs}} back!!!

Sef - Melf told us about her wonderful visit at your place! Also, if the spiders are anything like they are here in Florida, I don't blame you one bit - I am a bug a phobe myself - and a bit neurotic about it - my friend's husband is my exterminator and he laughs at me because I called because I saw "a" bug.

Toni - Thank you - you are very sweet - and good for you being op and enjoying it!

Well I have to get going now - chores!!!!

Sabrina
272/254/157
Old 06-02-2002, 11:55 AM   #138  

Good late morning everyone. Here it is Sunday and I've got to start to move. I'm doing great on the eating but I need to exercise. I did a tiny bit of walking last night but I'm a real beginner on doing anything that happens to have the label "good for you" on it.. So this evening I'll walk if it kills me....... LOL... Hope everyone is having a great week-end, we're still very humid and up in the 80's. Thats fine with me the house is nice and cool and the nights are fine...

Tranquil- Your lunch sounds so fun. And what a joy to meet other members of this board. You sure said it about the walking. I felt so much better before I got out of the routine of walking..

Gumbo- Welcome!!! You'll love it here and its great for support and just good to be here.... Congradulations on starting, thats always the biggest step I think, making the decision to lose weight, get healthier, feel good !!!

Chris- Looks like you're going the right direction. This is a great WOE and you can make it your choice to stay on it...

Homeschooling Mama- Are you doing any form of exercise? I feel thats my problem with lack of enery..

Tree- Your recipe sounds great but what is Torani syrup?

Debilli- Have a great time with your week-end, it all sounds like fun...

Sef- Don't blame you on the spiders, I'm not crazy about them either. And my grandsons have an absolute fit..

Hope I caught everyone... Have a great day. See ya tomorrow....
Old 06-02-2002, 03:46 PM   #139  

Default quickie

Hi everyone,
Just a quick note to say I have been all over the place AGAIN with my eating. Is anyone a psychologist? As soon as I start doing well and noticing a difference - in comes the self-sabotage! A couple of months ago I had been pretty dedicated to the Body for Life fitness regime, then one morning in the mirror I noticed a real change - I was really starting to tone up in my legs and abs. Well - bam - that was the end of that. I think I am afraid of success. Anyway. I just went through your posts to re-motivate myself. Thank you all for posting all your successes and missteps - it helps us newbies!

I think I will try Tranquil's approach of posting at the end of each day as an extra incentive to stay On-Plan!

Hope you are all having a good weekend!
Old 06-02-2002, 04:08 PM   #140  
sef

HiedieHo All!! After church I went to mall, to see what I could get. I have a couple of gift certificates that need using.

I was disappointed that size wasn't smaller than it was. then I stopped and thought.....what I bought was not muumuu style, a little more shape to them so I probably am taking a smaller size.. Muumuus are bought to hide faults. Priobably if I had the nerve to wear more stylish clothes then I would definitely taken a bigger size. Is this making sense to anyone.

Jbug: Bingo!!! You hit my nail on the head. I read your post and stopped to think. When I look back I can see over the years how I have done that very thing. I am not worth anything so why should I look good? At Christmas such a fuss was made over how I had lost 60# and they gave me gift certificates to show me they wanted me to look good. It has been a struggle ever since. Is it a facade to hide behind? If you're heavy no one expects much out you, what if you can't measure up to what they expect now. If you can lose 60, why not 120? Does anyone have a couch for the Board?

TRANQUILL: We'll start a Melf fan club!!

GUMBO: Welcome, you have come to the right place. Sort of a homecoming where the door is always open. If you fall someone will catch you!

Oh, at the mall I also got two pairs of sandals.

Take care all. sef
Old 06-02-2002, 07:26 PM   #141  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Everyone!

I'm back from the camp. We had a nice relaxing weekend - it is always nice to get away. I didn't do too good on my eating - what a surprise! So, I'm sure that I'm up a few. But, back on track tomorrow. I guess I just know that I won't be eating much after my surgery on Tuesday so I lived it up this weekend! HAHA! No excuse - I know! Oh well! Here goes my attempt to catch up with everyone!

SEF: I figured that you two would talk about all of us getting together! My ears were kinda ringing a little!! HAHA! I do remember that we were supposed to meet on the 18th - but I hadn't checked the board in so long that I missed it!! I suck!! Oh well - we will definitely need to set another date. We live toooooo close to stay "strangers!" By the way, I had a Methotrexate shot to terminate one of my tubal pregnancies - do you think I need to have anything checked out because of that one shot? Or - does it have to be more than that? Love the cat washing funny!!! Hilarious!! I've got quite a visual of you running out of that pool! I'm not a big bug fan myself but none of them scare me out of my socks!! How wonderful of your hubby to come to you rescue!!

ZANNE: Looks like we are in the same boat as far as posting! I'll be back in full force next week! Great on the exercising - I need to start back myself!

MELF: Sounds like you are making the rounds girlfriend!! Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

NANCE: I hate those mystery pounds - probably 2 of them are from the indulgences but the other 2 - those are a mystery. Way to go on the cholesterol. I want to get mine checked. I think that I'll get it done the next time I go to my family doctor. God knows - I'll probably be there soon - I'm sure something else will go wrong with this fricken body!

JACK-K: The cruise sounds great! Can I come? We want to go on one too. But, I want to go with a bunch of friends. I like to have lots of entertainment around me when I'm gone for that long! Don't know about that Wildcat blue!! You know what - we went to the LSU/KY game this past season. Lexington is so beautiful!! We stayed at the Radisson across from Rump Arena- we had the best time and the people were SO FRIENDLY! I've been places were the other fans were such jerks - which I know - LSU has their share of!!! I've witnessed that and then apologized to the other fans for the moron fans that we have here at LSU!! HAHA! If we ever head that way again - we'll have to get together!

CHRISB: I have that same exact thing with my feet! Isn't it painful! When I was diagnosed, my doctor told me that one thing to make things better was to lose some weight. Well, to lose weight I need to exercise right - which involves using my feet - unless of course - I swim. Needless to say, I don't plan on putting on my suit and hitting the Y in front of other people with this body!! So, I suck it up, walk, endure the pain and hopefully one day things will get better. The worst time for me is during the night when I have to pee. Sometimes I want to crawl to the bathroom instead of walk because the pain is so bad! One thing that has helped me tremendously is - I don't walk around barefoot anymore. I have some of those reebok flip flop/soccer shoes whatever they are - the soccer players wear them a lot. They are a tremendous help. I keep them by my bed and whenever I get up - I put them right on. Also - when I was initially diagnosed I had some orthotics (sp?) made for my shoes. They are expensive but they help! So, keep on trucking - you will start to feel better!

MEL: A size 4?!?!? I think that might actually fit my WRIST!!! Congrats to you! I'm so jealous!! I'll never be that size - if I reach that point - you can admit me to an eating disorder clinic!! I'm too tall to be a size 4!

GUMBO: Girl - where do you teach? I'm a teacher too! The difference here is - I don't know that I would want to eat anything that came from some of our students' houses? Isn't that horrible of me to say!? God - I'm gonna go straight to **** for that! HAHA! Our students' last day was Friday and we have a records day tomorrow then I'm done! AMEN! Can't wait to enjoy the summer!

JBUG: Get right back on plan my friend. We are human and we all stumble some - especially me - but, just jump right back full force and you will be ok. I'm still successful even though I stumble frequently - so just hang in there! We are here for you! Just remember - you are human and you will make mistakes - don't beat yourself up! Go Bug, Go Bug, Go Bug! You can do it!!

Ok my friends - I'll go for now! I'll try to check back in tomorrow before my surgery on Tuesday. I do have my last day of school tomorrow - but it won't be bad cause the kids aren't there!!! WOOHOO!!! They were done on Friday!! YEAAAHHHH!!! So, I don't consider tomorrow WORK! Ok - see y'all tomorrow evening!!

Love y'all
Missy
284/23?/170
Old 06-02-2002, 07:33 PM   #142  
Bustin' Buddy

By the way.....since I missed Friday Funnies....here's my late contribution! I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I'm sure all women of the world will enjoy - SORRY DARAMUS!

A study in Wisconsin showed that the kind of
male face a woman finds
attractive can differ - depending on where a
woman is in her menstrual cycle.
For instance: If she is ovulating, she is
attracted to men with rugged and
masculine features; and if she is menstruating,
she is more prone to be
attracted to a man with scissors shoved in his
temple and a bat jammed up his

I loved that one!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

bye again!
Old 06-02-2002, 07:52 PM   #143  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

OMG Fruit that CRACKED ME UP!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2002, 09:08 PM   #144  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Alive and well, but no time to post tonight, have some work ELI'S commisioned me to do-can't imagine what my "pay" will be

Soooo, with that in mind, get ready for a mega post tomorrow!!!!!

Toodles

Deb
Old 06-02-2002, 09:20 PM   #145  

Default hi

hi guys.....165.......lost over 10 pounds this past month......

sorry i have been absent...i am hoping to lose 10 more......this would be good, i've been stalled for to long. i want to be 150something...lol

TOM CAME A WEEK EARY, wonder if it's because of the way i am eating. My stomach is shrinking faster than my apetite.....

well good luck every one.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:56 PM   #146  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

FRUIT: You cracked me up!!!! Me getting out of the pool was not a pretty sight!! I assure you! My rescuer was my DS, I have been a widow since 10/90. You couldn't be expected to know!

One shot of metho is not going to cause long term effects. My husband was getting regular doses of pills each week. At that time, almost 40yrs ago (OMG I'm old!) it was considered quite dangerous. In the hospital the pharmacist couldn't dispense it to him. It was given only to a doctor who in turn watched DH take it. Now it is a rather common drug I think. Look at the different ways it is used,,,,,,cancer chemo, arthritis, pregnacy termination, psoraisis. Amazing the diverse ways a medication can be used.

Please keep my DS in your prayers. He is having surgery to remove a fatty tumor from the back of his neck. Usually same day surgery, but it is x-rays showed it more involved than originally thought so he will be in overnight at least. It used to be considered cosmetic by the insurance companies, but now it has grown so much and bothers him when he turns his head, so it's medical necessity.

JBUG: Our new mantra........I am worth it!!!

Take care. sef
Old 06-03-2002, 06:31 AM   #147  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

It's Monday, a new week has started and a new board as well.

Here's the link to the new board, just click on it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=16808

SEE YOU THERE!

Closed Thread