Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which statement below best describes what you would say about TG dinner?
I WILL stay OP 100% 4 18.18%
I'm PLANNING to stay OP 100% 4 18.18%
I'm GOING TO TRY to stay OP 100% 2 9.09%
I DOUBT I'm going to stay OP 100% 2 9.09%
I KNOW I'm NOT going to stay OP 100% 2 9.09%
I PLAN on having a little of everything I like, then go back OP next day. 6 27.27%
I THINK I will eat whatever I want and not worry about it. 0 0%
I have NO PLAN, I don't know how I will eat that day. 2 9.09%
I MAY go into a feeding frenzy and not stop! 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 12:24 PM   #46  

Default Sorry I've been gone

Hello ladies. I'm sorry that I have been gone for a while. I had some thinking to do.

I hve decided that right now is not the best time for me to try and stay true to SB. I know tha I will fall vicitm to the holidays and I don't want to get into a funk because I failed. I figure it is better to just accept things through the holidays and start fresh in the New Year.

I appreciate all the support that I have gotten here and I promise that I will be back in the New Year.

I hope that everyone has a great holiday season and a very happy New Year.

Here's to 2002 and a smaller me!!

Jen
Old 11-14-2001, 12:48 PM   #47  

Default WIW

Well I am down one pound but last week was up 2 so technically I haven't lost any. Still up one pound from my low wieght of 186. I expect a loss next week. I will keep pluging along. I will be camping this time next week. Yeahhhhhh!!!!!

Deb.....My cows are still just babies. They will be a year old in April. We will not milk them but someday we may breed them and raise some for our consumption. These are pets basically and Sara would die if we slaughtered them. I have 2 pygmy goats on order for Feb. We will get them when they are 2 weeks old and we will have to bottle fed them....that way they will be tame.

I will post more later.....

I wanted to include this picture of my family....since Liz was posting her family....LOL. Adam is the oldest one....he wil 20 on the 20th. Noah will be 16 in Jan. and Sara is 10. We are at my hubbys nephews wedding.....isn't my hubby handsome???

Cya all later.

Debbie
Old 11-14-2001, 01:25 PM   #48  
viv

Yeah, yeah, it's me, I'm still here. I wanted to say hi and warn you all that I will be back on the board "fulltime" in January - once Halloween hits I basically hide my head under the covers and succumb to overload. Still basically OP, but not trying hard enough to lose. Hope to maintain.

Stress level is super super super super super high with everything I have going on, including kitchen renovation. The plane crash on Monday really set me back as I grew up in Queens and hung in the Rockaways at times. Enough already, right?

Ebay is still fun but it is becoing a bit of a chore - I had my first non-paying bidder and it was really annoying! I'll get my revenge with negative feedback ---- but why can't peoplke just grow up?

Currently feuding with the ILs again too - FIL's bday is coming up and they all picked a place that is 20 miles from SIL and BIL and .....111 miles from us! Hello!!! Seems we have NOTHING better to do than drive 4 hours while everyone else drives an hour~! So we are currently dealing with stupid people as well.

I'm sure I've shared enough with you for this post....off to a skateboard park meeting, then home, then off to hockey, then to clean the house for the mediocre cleaning lady ...oh at some point dinner will come into play.....

Tata!

viv
146/132/128
Old 11-14-2001, 01:35 PM   #49  

Default WIW

Finally, a loss! I'm down a pound from my lowest. I'm really trying to reach 150 or lower by Thanksgiving, so only half a pound to go!
Another bonus--I'm down another half inch in my hips!
I haven't even had time to lurk lately. Everything is great at home and at school, it's just an extremely busy time of year, as it is for everyone.

Hope to be able to stay in touch better soon.

168/150.5/145

Last edited by music teach; 11-14-2001 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:26 PM   #50  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All!

Didn't get as much as I thought accomplished today in the "test kitchen." I made a batch of peanut chews, I guess that's what I'll call them-well, lets just say the house reeks and that batch went into the garbage! BUT, the second batch came out great and Eli, Lauren and Michael all gave it good reviews-of course, as usual, I've eaten a bit too much I also made candy apples, they were not pretty, but did taste really good, at least I thought so. May try something else later on, just not sure what I'm inspired to screw up/make!

NASCAR, CONGRATS on the half-pound loss! Hope you have/had a good trip. That water DEFINITELY helps.

MEL, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I must commend you for getting out there and doing 3.5 miles even with feeling under the weather. I know how hard it is to push yourself outside when you feel like crap. Your muscles must be so fatigued, you could of done without the weights. Hope you get better soon-you need some Jewish Penicillin! Eli doesn't have any sinus problems, it's the lack of sleep, being over tired, working longer than needed hours AND his weight. All combined, it does him in. He just got his lab results back-his cholesterol is the highest ever, 294! The cue stick is a good idea, though I'm afraid instead of poking him with it I'd crack him over the head with it!!!

TV, I swear, you have such a talent! I love the poem you wrote for LDBLOND! You really could make some money, seriously. For Bar/Bay Mitvahs, for the candle lighting ceremony people pay others to write for them. There are people who do this on the web and locally. You REALLY should consider this!! I'm sure you'll be posting a loss next week-staying the same is sure not as bad as a gain!

LDBLOND, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Can't tell anyone enough times to have a HB! You've put many things into prespective on this day-makes you realize just how good life is, esp. to many others out there. I hope you have a nice dinner tonight-you deserve a good time at Outback. Enjoy yourself!!!

JMUIR, the holidays are a very hard time of year for everyone, I believe. Unfortunately, I see many people drop off the board right before Thanksgiving with some of them not returning. They get caught up in the holidays and after the 1st of the year find it hard to get back on track because their bodies are back on the sugar railroad to ****, or they've gained so much weight overeating, they are so upset they can't find the wagon again. I hope you don't abandon what you've already accomplished and learned, it's very easy to do so. You don't HAVE to fall victim to the holidays, this is a choice you make. I don't want to sound high and mighty, please don't get me wrong, but I just hate to see people undo all the good they've done over a months time, over food. I hope you will consider staying with us, even in a small capacity, over the holidays-will you think about it???

BUSDEB, I'm sure that other pound will slide right off of you Glad the pic worked out! Hmmm, I'd make those cows milkers, and not think about slaughtering them-sorta reminds me of BABE! Goats too! Oh my, you DO have a menagerie at your house! Besides the horse, any other animals coming to reside with you in the future? I could come visit the DEB'S PETTING ZOO!!!

VIV, always a pleasure to see your posts I have 2 neg feedbacks on Ebay, both retaliatories from non-payers-hate doing that and esp. having it done to me for no reason but being honest. I won't do anything with my Ebay stuff til after the New Year-then either I'm going to sell it, or start up again-all depends on how this new "job" progresses. Hope you win the war!!!

MUSIC, CONGRATS on your pound loss this week! You're coming into the home stretch now. You'll get to goal soon. Congrats on the
half-inch too.

CRICKET, I see you posted on the WIW board-hoping you'll post with us here as well. Enjoyed meeting you in the chat room last night-where did the SHASTA turn into CRICKET?? You never did say where near Ashville you were-closer to Hendersonville? Anyhow, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!! We're glad you've joined us!!

Okay, I'm off to ponder what's next for me to make. I'll try to check in later, after AMAZING RACE!

Toodles

Debbie
194/123.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-14-2001, 05:48 PM   #51  

Default checking in...

Just a quickie before I go home....

Where is sef this week???

Mel - sorry you've been sickly. This is a bad time of year for those bugs... Justin told me that strep throat, the flu and a stomach bug all going around at school I told him to definately not be drinking out of the water fountain!!!

Liz - Your boys and DH are all cuties. Looks like you are in a household like mine - mostly testosterone - lacking estrogen. I sometimes feel like a fish out of water being the only female in the house!!

Bus - LOVE THE PIC - Ya'll are a good lookin' group!!! You do have a very handsome DH and the little one (not so little, I know) is adorable. Sounds like you are building a farm. I just got word that my BIL, who lives between me and my Mom, bought 3 goats today! We had over 20 acres of Mom's land fenced in just a few months back and the plan is to get enough goats to keep it cleared off. My BIL bought 2 of those Great Paranise (spelling??) goat watching dogs last weekend at an auction. The female found her way out of the fence and we woke up Sunday morning watching him chase her down highway 72 . She was gone for the rest of the day, but showed back up on Monday! I'm surprised she didn't get run over! I've been teasing my Mom telling her that she has gone from a title of "Purchasing Manager" to "Goat farmer" in less than 6 months time!!

Deb - I have always loved writing stuff like that. How would I go about checking it out? Any idea? Anyway, thanks for the compliment!

My spirits have been better today than in a week or two, so I think I might be working out of this grim outlook. I looked in the mirror a little bit ago though and I have terrible dark circles under my eyes!! I look awful. My Mom had been telling me for the last few days that I looked really tired, but then again, when she sees me in the late evenings, I am tired - so I didn't think much of it - but now I can even tell by looking how obvious it has become, physically, that I've not been doing well. Oh well, just hope I'm on my way to recovery!!!

Gotta run - Ya'll have a good night!!
tv
Old 11-14-2001, 06:27 PM   #52  
VR

Hello all you "sweet" ladies..

Look what the cat dragged in.. Me! It has been such a long time since I have posted and it has been a long time since I have been good !!
My face is "red" ...

I think I "passed out" around June in a sugar stupor and am just realizing now that I have to get back on the program. I could make up all kinds of excuses but the bottom line is.. it's up to me!

It will take a while to catch up.. been checking out the board for a couple of weeks and there are so many new faces and some that are missing in action..

Of couse the first thing that I'm going to do is ask for some help.. regarding Treadmills..

Have made up my mind to invest and have looked at the following:

Nordic Track (can't remember the model but it sells at Sears for around $799. on sale)

ProForm Model750

Reebock (a model that Oshmans has on sale for 799.)

One of the biggest hurdles.. besides paying for it, is trying to figure out where to put it.
I like the ifit.com feature on the above models..
The more expensive models are recommended but I think $800 is about my limit..

Does anyone have any feedback??

Last month my doctor said I really need to invest one hour a day, seven days a week or the weight is not going to move.. Oh the wonders of middle-age!
With a treadmill available 24/7, I will be at a loss for excuses..

Will post again soon..
Old 11-14-2001, 07:06 PM   #53  

Default weigh in wedmesday

hi everyone,

it was fun chatting last nite, can not wait until jan. to meet you guys in orlando. it should be a lot of fun, my friend susan may go also.

i weighed in first thing this morning in the pre-op room. I LOST ONE BIG POUND, honestly i am very happy as i had not lost any for the last few weeks. hopefully the plateau is starting to budge. i am still a little shy about posting my weight on the board but now have a total loss of 18lbs since i started sb. the weather is finally cooler here in central fl so it will be easier walking. my other friend kathy at work is doing the wdw marathon too, she said she would be my trainer! i need a lot of encouragement in that area.
no football this weekend, i am afraid i will go into withdrawal. we are going to orlando over thanksgiving weekend to see UCF last game of this season. no bowl game for them, they had a mediocre season.

well better go for now, i am on call tonite for the recovery room then off tomorrow. big plans to hit all the health food stores in the area looking for all the yummy things you all have been
talking about on the message board. i get all my fasting labs tomorrow too, my doc hopefully will be pleased.

bye for now from your friend,

chris

it is now almost 7 pm, i am on call for the recovery room tonite. i hope i don't get called.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:13 PM   #54  
Mel

Default Treadmills

Just a quickie to VR on treadmills:
Hi- I'm one of the new faces since you left. I have the ProForm Treadmill, and it's OK. It works just fine, but I hardly ever use it,for 2 reasons. 1) If it's nice out, (my definition of nice is no thunder and lightening or ice) I'd rather walk outside, and 2) I get a much better workout on my recumbent stationary bike. It is a Schwinn 230i and was about $1000 several years ago; they've probably come down in price, and I know there was a model with a few less electronic gadgets on it that was about $200 less. It has about 12 different programs from absolutely flat, intervals, mountains, 2 mountains, etc., and has 6 levels of difficulty within each of those programs. If you have any knee or hip problems, the bike is a much better investment. I get a drenching workout on it, or use it as a 10 minute warm-up before lifting weights. You can vary the workouts much more with the programmable bike than the treadmill. I would suggest looking into them also if you are going to spend that much money.

If you decide on a tm, steer clear of the NordicTrak brand. It has gotten pretty bad reviews on various web sites and Consumer Reports.

hope this helps and good luck-

mel
Old 11-14-2001, 10:28 PM   #55  

Angry Late and fast post

Went to the gym tonight to run on the treadmill (Personal commentary: YUCK!). I really rather run outdoors, even in the rain and cold, than on the treadmill. But I managed to get the 4 miles in like a good girl who has to go 26.2 in less than 2 months!!

Ok, now the WIW report front... I am happy to report after WEEKS of gaining, that I am down a 1/2 pound! YAHOOO!!! Let's just hope this the start of something good! Real Good! This week I have a 10 mile run on Saturday, a welcome relief after the 15 miles this past weekend. But lookout, the weekend after Thanksgiving I have to do a gut-wrenching 20! I better continue to see the scale dipping.

Update on the Rx: Tonight I start cutting the 25 mgs in 1/2 and do that for a week and then I'm done with them. Doc's office called Monday and the nurse reported that he wanted me to continue to take the 25 mgs. NO WAY!!! I can already see big changes in the bathroom and I have noticed that the 1/2 to a gallon of water I drink a day is getting properly processed and I've quit retaining it.

Will have more time to post and "talk" to everyone on Thursday or Friday. Hope everyone is doing well.

Peace,
FROG

190/156.5/130
Old 11-14-2001, 11:23 PM   #56  

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am here to ditto Viv's post! I have not even been lurking! how bad is that???? This ebay thing is time consuming and my diet has been on the back burner! The scale can show that and my pants are tight! Very upsettiing when you go to put on a pair of pants and can't. I have been working at Walmart for the Xmas season. Anyway the saga continues here in RHondas life. Just wanted to touch base and say Hi and i miss you all. Just gotta get back in that place so i can encourage people!! have a great rest of the week i will be the one running around with her head cut off! LOL

Rhonda

201.3/145 UGGGGG/135ish (lowest was 137 for you new people who care!LOL)
Old 11-15-2001, 08:43 AM   #57  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Just got back from doing my walk/jog. Honestly, I had not a whole lot of desire to go, but after all that I ate yesterday (will explain in a moment), I felt I better get out of the house and go. I actually tied my second best time of 48:10, which surprised me considering how tired I felt, and of course my lack of motivation when I started.

Yesterday, OMG, did I eat. It was all SB LEGAL, but waaay to much food and calories. I made some PEANUT CHEWS that got rave reviews from all who's tried it-I think Eli & I tied for who ate the most-they are soooo good, and I couldn't stop. I must of eaten the equivalent of about 3/4 cup peanuts. THEN, I made 2 candy apples, for the kids to try-well of course, I took a bite first of Michael's, and then scrarfed it down. When Lauren came home, she took a bite of hers and I was apologizing later for eating the rest of hers after she left the room (she only had 1 bite). I was in a feeding frenzy. It kept going and going and going all day long, I ate and ate and ate. So, even though what I ate was all SB LEGAL, consuming probably more than 100 grams of fat and most certainly well over 2500 calories, not to mention too many carbs, I am vowing to do better today-I can't afford to do this. The scale is back up again today, 124, 4lbs above my lowest, and yet, even though I'm still within my 5lb cushion, I don't like that I'm so close to 125. Not only that, as I layed in bed last night I swear I could feel my skin stretching! And today, I vow to do better with my water, I was very lax with it yesterday and I feel it when I don't drink enough.

TV, I'll have to e-mail SEF and put a APB out for her is she doesn't materialize today. Surely (get it SHIRLEY) she's probably doing way too much and has tuckered herself out. I would tend to think that you could first try finding a place in your area that sells invitations and see if you could get some referrals from them, show them some general work. Not sure just how many Jewish families are in your area, but I'm sure not only Jewish people do things like this. BUT, you could do a website, that's how I discovered that people do this. Here's one site from an individual: http://users.erols.com/lfellman/ ALSO, you can advertise on a site that's very useful that I got much information from was PARTY411 and one I just found is http://www.partypop.com/ You have a great talent, I'd love to see you use it to bring more joy to others I hope you feel better soon!!

VR, WELCOME HOME! Glad to see your post and to have you back with us. It's been since MAY since you were with us. Too long to be away!!! What's transpired with you since you were on the board last. I hope you don't mind me asking...can you tell us why you left. I don't mean to be so personal and you can tell me to MYOB, but I feel like those who leave and then come back may have a life experience or two that can help those of us who are having a hard time, just starting out, etc. I know you had a tough time with getting your Mother's affairs in order with the house and all and possibly this was one of your reasons? Were you able to keep any of the weight off that you had previously lost? Whatever the case, we're glad to have you back. Yes, there are old faces and some new, but the board is as wonderful as ever and you'll feel right back at home. As for the treadmills, I'm not one to ask, I gave mine away, would rather walk outside, which I know is not an option for everyone, esp those who live in the North. I'm sure the gals on the board, like MEL, can give you some good info. Have you thought of trying to find a good used one-most people buy them and then use them as clothing racks and they are like new, see them at garage sales all the time.

BIGK, CONGRATS ON YOUR 1LB LOSS!! That's great-more to follow, I'm sure! I too am looking forward to meeting YOU, SOL & FROG and whoever else comes along-it will surely be a great weekend. Glad to hear you'll have someone to motivate you to get out and walk-who knows, maybe next year you'll be doing the WDW Marathon WITH Kathy!!! Find any goodies at the HFS in your area??

FROG, CONGRATS on being down a 1/2 pound. I'm sure this is just the start of it-I'm surely crossing my fingers for you in hope that the weight will start falling off fast after you're totally weaned off the meds. I feel the same about TM's as you do-YUCK! Only days that it's storming outside do I want one, but luckily, this past year, I've only found that to be a couple times.

RHROO, not even lurking, scale is up-do I have to really come up there and smack you one, or two? You were so close to goal! Oye, what AM I going to do with you, girl! I've been waiting for you to join me in "pit row" for a while now!!! Okay, so it's not a race, but a journey-but aren't you getting tired of the journey and want to finally finnish the race???

Kids have early release today, so I'm going to get some things done around the house, like my stinky walking clothes that must get in the wash I have a couple recipes to lament over and need to get this wrapped up for Avis by tomorrow. I should have a chance to get on a couple recipes today, being that is is RECIPE DAY! I've been lax with getting some one, just haven't had the time.

I'll check in with you all later!

Have a great day!

Debbie
194/124/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-15-2001, 09:57 AM   #58  
viv

Rhroo - email me about ebay - [email protected]

TREADMILLS - I researched them extensively last year and am thrilled with the one I got from OMNI fitness - it was under 1000 and has an excellent warranty - AND I AM DRAWING A TOTAL BLANK AS TO THE BRAND~!!!! Oh No!!!

Feel free to email me for the brand name at the above address if you want more info. This is just another indication that I AM LOSING MY MIND!!!!

viv
Looney Bin Land
Old 11-15-2001, 11:36 AM   #59  

Default GOOD MORNING

Well I am happy to report I was down 1/2 lb this morning, leaving me just 1/2 away from my lowest of 146.... Got it goin in the right direction now!!

Not much to report here except for DH has something wrong with his neck! He went to the doc and got some MEGA pain killers and muscle relaxers and a steroid pack!! He was loopy last night. I caught him catching flies in a cup and drowning them - he said they made too much of a splattering mess if he killed them the normal way - I said to myself "those drugs he's on must be really good ones"! He had 7-8 dead flies in the sink!!! I don't know what the deal is with the flies around here, but they are big and slow and EVERYWHERE!!! The ladybugs are just as bad - Must be something to do with the unseasonably nice weather we are having here in AL!

Hope everyone is well - I'll respond more directly later - gotta run to the dentist right now!

cya
tv
Old 11-15-2001, 09:21 PM   #60  

TREADMILLS - some more info, I have a Proform 585QS. I like it, except for the noise. I don't think they make much quieter ones though. There's a website called <www.TreadmillDoctor.com> that's pretty good. I looked at it a lot before I bought one.
Closed Thread