South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 04:22 PM   #121  
going places

I think my cravings are finally under control...this will be day three of no binge-ing. (if i make it...and i know i will )

I've also got 5 straight days of exercise under my belt, and let me tell you that there wasn't one day that I woke up and said, 'HEY, I feel like exercising today!' Nope - I've dreaded it every single day. And I've done it anyway every single day. The great thing is that I can already feel my stamina building up again. The 45 minute walks won't even phase me in a few weeks.

I'm also noticing my skin is looking MUCH better.

Kimberly - It's great to see how many of us are hanging on - we all have a common goal of being healthier and happier...let's keep right on going!

Take care, all of you
Old 07-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #122  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

JUst wanted to let you know how happy this diet has made me!

I have already had two people mention today at work that I'm getting skinny! Weee!

and also have noticed my skin looks better to! Weeee!

( I must remember these things so when I am tempted to falter I can think back on these things) Enter!
Old 07-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #123  

I've eaten horribly today...but not strayed from the diet. Unbelievable, eh? I just haven't eaten anything substantial really, the kids I nanny for were cranky today for who knows what reason, and very demanding....so I basically didn't really eat (shame shame!) except for a slice of cheese or turkey here and there. I'm going to go exercise now though, and afterward I'll eat a good "big" dinner (maybe grill a lean hamburger, with some salad and green beans or broccoli...mmm!)
Old 07-19-2005, 08:34 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Good morning ladies! How is everyone on Day 9?!?!? I'm doing great!! Need to find an alternative to eggs for breakfast, but other than that I feel GREAT!!! I'm going to the gym today to do about an hour walk/run. I did Taebo last night! Should have done it this morning too!!! I am going to stick with P1 for another week or two. All of my cravings are not gone and that's what I really want to work on...not so much for the weightloss, but for the cravings!

Everyone have a great day!!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:31 AM   #125  
The Resolute

Default Help!

I'm having a serious DONUT craving! Why is this, i've been on SBD since July 11, gosh this craving is breaking me DOWN!!!!

Well, I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

Erin Crista
Old 07-19-2005, 10:32 AM   #126  
The Resolute

And one more thing, I REALLY REALLY miss fruit!!!

Jeez I hope today gets better....
Old 07-19-2005, 10:34 AM   #127  

I'm having a hard time staying away from all the peaches, nectarines and grapes that are on sale lately. They are my favorite this time of year!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:20 AM   #128  

Well, seriously bummed out here.

I was totally good all week, and what did I lose, 1 lb. thats all. I really dont think this low ish carb stuff is for me. I am seriously thinking of going back to WW as I know if I am careful and count EVERYTHING I will lose weight. I just get lazy and not work our points properly which is why I thought SBD might be good, no counting.

Other than that I feel great.

Just wish I had lost more than one pound.

Fed up fed up fed up.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:34 AM   #129  

Talking I had a fabulous day!!!

WENDY- Stick with it, you can do it! Really! Try some more exercise, and remember that this is just as much about making lifestyle changes for a healthier you. A lot of times you'll be losing inches before you lose pounds, anyways. Stay positive!

Well I have lots to report. My mom (parents are divorced and both remarried) tried the peanut butter cookies and LOVED them, and she's not even doing SBD, though after she tasted one of those and our cheesecakes, she is really thinking about trying it. She has a lot of weight to lose and has tried weight watchers in the past, but nothing has really worked for her and she gets discouraged easily. After hearing the rave reviews from dad and i, however, she's really thinking about starting it with my stepdad (who is a little overweight and has high cholestrol.) I hope they decide to try it!

Yesterday was a real breakthrough for me. I didn't have any cravings! No binge urges! And I wasn't cranky. I walked through the chocolate aisle at Target without even wanting anything. I got my hair cut, played croquet with my mom and my little brother (and whooped her butt! ), and went on a nice long walk with my dad. He's happy to see that his clothes are fitting better and he's lost belly fat first! I'm excited that I've begun to conquer my "food demons" (cravings) and my skin and hair, too, look much better! I feel healthier as well.

Dad's got the life insurance people coming by for bloodwork today, and he'll be getting his cholesterol checked. I'm curious to see how it turns out since it's been "borderline high" in the past, and hopefully in a few months we can get it checked again and it will be lower (if we stay OP, of course!). He also said that he's feeling good on this diet and the chronic bad taste he's had due to his acid reflux has been significantly less noticable on the beach. Yay! I made roasted chickpeas last night and though he's hated garbanzos in other dishes, he liked them. We'll use them as an alternative to nuts for his snack so he can have the PB cookies he so dearly loves for dessert. :-)

I hope everyone has a fabulous day! I've got to get busy cleaning.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:01 PM   #130  
Trying again

S/C/G: 220.4/216.2/173

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingchick
Rachel- the lemon cupcakes can be found in breakfast ideas as "dessert for breakfast- lemon pie". They're delicious!

CONGRATULATIONS LOSERS!!! And scale avoiders (hehe val!)- you are all doing so well!
Thanks! I love lemon pie!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #131  

You're welcome! ^^
Old 07-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #132  
2blessed2Bstressed

Hello Everyone, just checking in for the day.

I'm very tired, and didn't get enough rest last night, this is trying to affect my judgement.

I probably won't make it to the gym tonight, but my mouth will be eating all the right things regardless of the fact that a big juicy H_ _ B_ _ _ _ _ sounds awesome right now.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #133  

I made a big juicy H__B_____ except with a morninstar patty, ff cheese, tomato, onion, mustard, and wrapped in lettuce leaves. I'm a vegetarian, and it was healthy and delicious! Try it if you dare! :-)
Old 07-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #134  
2blessed2Bstressed

I will! thank you for the suggestion!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 PM   #135  

So far today has been better than yesterday. I had another of the lemon pie cupcakes for breakfast and this time I felt more full, which is good. I went straight to the gym and did my cardio workout for the day. It felt great even though my legs are sore from weight training yesterday. For lunch I had leftovers from dinner last night and some spinach salad. For dinner tonight, I'm planning on making the chicken divan posted in the recipe forum. It sounded really good and I'm always in the market for new chicken recipes.

The bad news is that the scale says I am a pound heavier than I was yesterday. I'm hoping that this is because I've started back at the gym and have increased my water intake. It bothers me, but I'm not too discouraged. I *feel* better, and that's what counts!
Closed Thread