Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #151  
focused and aiming

i didn't make it to ww last fri. so far so good this week. those meetings are big helps.

vickie, i think turtling is fabulous.

frouf, 2 more weeks till i can hot tub. boo hoo hoo!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #152  

Wow I cant believe I finally am able to get on here. I have been trying about every other day. And I cant get on.
I hope everyone is doing well.
I am doing ok. The weight is not coming off. In fact I am up a few pounds. And I cant get the scales to move down.
I am still walking. I am walking 3 miles. You know I had the Dr tell me the other day. I am not exercising enough. I need to exercise more. Talk about letting the wind out of my sail. I thought the 3 miles was fairly good. Going from a couch potato to that. So I guess I will have to try and do some more exercise. Wonder when i am suppose to sleep. HAHA!!
Boy I have missed you all.
I got the new book. 3 fat chicks. But havent had a chance to read it yet. Has anyone gotten it and read it yet.
Well I best get off here.
VICKIE How are you and Hubby doing.
KATPO How are you doing.
ONTARGET How are you doing. Is the foot all healed up.
Know that I am thinking of all of you.
Will keep trying to get on when I can.
COCO
Old 05-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #153  
Melissa

Morning glories!
I'm back at work, what a bummer. Here's hoping for a good eating day.

Vickie, I hope that you had a wonderful birthday evening!

Sandra, I'm glad things went well at the doctor.

Kathy, I hope that work goes okay for you today.

Rose, enjoy your trip!

Frouf, Hopefully today will be a good day for you.

Coco, glad to see you around!

Lynn, Maggie, and 1fatoldlady, glad you have joined us!!

Well I need to get to work. I'm very behind after being gone for a week, that's for sure!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 05-23-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #154  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up and having my breakfast and coffee and basking in the joy of being 50, retired and healthy! I had a fun day yesterday even though I didn't really do anything special. My real celebration comes on Saturday with my family.

Jim gave me the most incredible, mushy birthday card and then he wrote some more personal wonderful things inside. It was all purple and glittery just like I like my cards. What a guy! Now since we retired we stopped buying gifts for each other for birthdays and our anniversary. We only shop for each other at Christmas. It was one of our concessions for retiring early and not working anymore. He'd already bought me that beautiful QVC bracelet because he said 50 was special. In my card where two more tickets to go back and see Wicked again! We'll be in the 11th row just off Center. I had just been telling our friends at dinner earlier this month that I enjoyed it immensely and would love to see it again but didn't want to spend the money. Sigh! I am SUCH a lucky girl.

I also had some other wonderful news yesterday afternoon. I mentioned Baby Sarah needed medicine which I picked up and brought to my Niece. It was for gas pains. So I held Sarah for about a half an hour so my Niece could go shower and relax. Then Jim and I went off for lunch. Well, my Niece called me back later in the day and asked me to be Sarah's Godmother! I cried...what a surprise. She said she wanted to ask me in person on Saturday at my birthday party but had to change her plans since her husband had told their 5 year old daughter that I was going to be the Godmother. My Niece was incredulous that he'd done that since no 5 year old is going to keep a secret. Pretty funny. Of course I accepted.

Well, that's all my news for now. I've got to come up with a plan to thoroughly clean my house this week and make my dessert for Saturday. Plus I have a million phone calls to make. Time to get our pool open! I'm going to make a couple of calls and then go catch up on posts and respond.

I hope you are all well.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #155  

Height: 5'7"

Oh hey speaking of pools, I got a 6x10' pool the other day and put up on the second deck! LOL! It makes sitting outside much nicer now. Above-ground pools aren't allowed in our neighborhood so it's the closest thing I can do until we build one, which won't be until spring of 2008. That's the first opportunity as a few other things will be paid off and we can free up $35,000, which was the last estimate we got for what we want.

We're having our monthly birthday luncheon today and this month is potluck. We do an every-other-month schedule of catering vs. potluck. Anyway the theme is "picnic" so I made ham and cheese sandwiches on a tray, and then made little pumpernickle, cream cheese and cucumber open sandwiches. Judd asked for them and since he's one of the birthday people for the month, I made them. They are really good.

He wants to go to a Mavericks playoff game Friday night but I'm trying hard to dissuade him. Tickets are $300 and after that big vet bill, I'm not inclined to do it. I hate to be selfish but the money would be coming out of the vacation budget. He's had a vacation every year and I haven't been anywhere since 2002 so I think I'm going to stick to my guns on it.

I guess I should get some work done. Vickie, I'm glad you had a great birthday! What a relief -- now I know that in December when I turn 50, it'll be alright.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #156  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow - pool season already - we are still trying to get a glimpse of spring/summer weather as it has been raining most of the month! Still gray out today altho the sun is trying desperately to make an appearance.

Vickie - congrats on being named (fairy) godmother to Sarah - I know she will be thrilled with this news and will be well taken care of - have fun at your family celebration on the weekend!

Kathy - how nice to have somewhere to 'cool' off when you need to! I am still hoping to have a functional garden/patio this summer so I can sit out, read, bbq and enjoy the outdoors! Those sandwiches sound yummy!

I agree that the $$ should go to the "Kathy gets a Vacation' fund - I too vote for the pool/beach, food & drinks scenario - what could be more relaxing?

Angela - How are the kiddies doing?

Coco - so glad you are here! I would sure be frustrated if I could not get on for my daily fix.

Melissa - hope you have a nice and relaxing day at work and your desk is not too 'busy'.

Sandra - hope the 2 weeks go by quickly - I know how much you enjoy relaxing in the hot tub!

Had a restless night - lots of tossing and turning - awake very early and tried not to think of anything 'upsetting' so I could try and fall back asleep. Need to commit to getting to bed earlier - like lights out at 11? I am generally ready for bed then - but sometimes dh is on computer, or we watch the news, and then of course I MUST read before I fall asleep - and if I am at an exciting part of the book - well it's very hard to put down.

Trying to monitor what I put in my mouth cuz frankly I have been major out of control due to my feelings of depression and sadness. Easier to do when I'm at work of course - need to make sure dh puts chicken and rice on so I have dinner when I get home.

May go out to mall w/big ds tonight as he has outgrown his suits and needs a new one for a wedding he is attending in June. (there are some nice ones on sale). Of course have to return dd's capris and try and find the 'right' ones (may bring her w/me) and need to pick up dance tape for her at dance school as well.

Feeling sluggish and unmotivated (what else is new) and trying to get work done for friday deadline (and I am in a meeting all afternoon). Wish me luck!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #157  

Good morning ladies, I just got back from ww weigh in. Drum roll please..................... I lost 8lbs!!! You had to see the shock on my face.

Gotta go eat, had no breakfast, I will be back a little later and catch up on posts.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #158  

Height: 5'7"

Holy moly, Niki, that's AWESOME!! Congratulations!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #159  
Card Carrying Princess

OHMYGOD - that is amazing! SUPER CONGRATULATIONS - you must feel great!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #160  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rose, I hope you're having a lovely time at the cottage. I didn't know about DS's divorce. Those are usually so sad.

JPS, I hope you decide to try Core. It is such a great plan. Once you get your booklet, let us know if you have any questions. I'm following Core pretty faithfully and I generally post my menu every day. I usually stick to one serving of everything, but if I'm still not satisfied, I have more. Like Angela, for shredded wheat I eat whatever the box says is one serving. I always add some fruit so that helps me stay satisfied for a good long while. When I'm doing great, I find that I'm hungry again in 2-3 hours. With Core, I find myself eating small meals fairly regularly. Good Luck!

Lynn, fingers crossed that you break your plateau. Keep up the good work.

Kathy, I hope the world found you lighter this morning. I know how frustrating that can be when the morning scale doesn't say what you want it to say!

Sandra, how exciting that you got an almost all clear! I'd be missing the hot tub too. Soon my friend!

Frouf, you sure are in a funk! I say go to the play and maybe it'll perk you up. I have gone through phases like you are in too. They pass but not without shaking things up a bit. Why don't you plan a little trip....maybe even by yourself. Maybe being a bit selfish will help?

Niki, TOM stinks doesn it?! Mine will be here before I know it. Worst part is that I can tell that I'm bloating already.

Melissa, I'm sorry that you're back at work. Harumpf. I know you'd rather be home playing in your new house. What's up there? Are you and Aaron happy you made the leap?

Ok, I gotta go. I have a few more calls to make and my wonderful husband is cleaning bathrooms. I smelled bleach and tracked down the smell and there he was. I am one LUCKY girl.

I'll be back later to check in on you all.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #161  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow....look how much happened while I was trying to post! I have to go but I'll be back to read new posts a little later.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #162  

Oh wow. I got on again. YEAH!!
It was pretty frosty and cool here this morn. But now is warming up. The wind is blowing. Some. It is cool but the sun is warm.

VICKIE how are you and hubby doing. And how's your doggie doing. I hope everything is going good. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

ONTARGET How are you doing. Is the foot all healed up yet. Hope so. Hope you are doing well. I saw a picture on the thread. I think it was on the first page. Is that you.

FROUFY How are you doing. You know I have been having trouble sleeping too. Feel so sleepy. Go to bed and then its like I am wide awake and cant go to sleep.

I went for my walk this morn. At first it was a little nippy. But then after I got going was nice. I gained 1/2 a pound last night. I am up about a total of 12 lbs. And I cant get back on track. I am upset with myself. I just cant seem to get motivated. Got the new 3 Fat Chick Book. But havent had the time or taken the time to read it. Has anyone gotten it and read it. Did you like it.
Well I guess I better get off here. Just thought I would see if I could get on here. And I did. I am so glad. I miss you all when I cant get on here.
I hope everyone has a great day. Will try and check in later.
Thinking of all of you.
Coco
Old 05-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #163  

Niki, congratulations! Wow! I'm impressed.

I spent the entire morning trying to go dress shopping. It was an exercise in frustration. Remember how I got chosen to sing in a big, fancy choir thing? Well, we found out that they will be televising the event throughout North America via satellite, and that President Hinckley (president/prophet of our church) is coming! More pressure. So last rehearsal they told us that dress for this thing is: solid colored, long-sleeve jewel toned dress. What? Where in heck am I supposed to find that in May in Iowa? I checked every single store I know of, and hardly any even had dresses. One place had some that MIGHT work, but they cost $75 or more, and there's no way I'm spending that much for one event. So I guess it's to the fabric store with me, and I will make a dress. As long as it's simple, I can do it, and my mom will help if I beg her. It was just so irritating though.

I'm back on the wagon, even if I have to tie myself on there. I will be good, I will be good.

Angela
Old 05-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #164  
Melissa

Just stopping in to say CONGRATS Niki!! That is so amazing!!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #165  
Card Carrying Princess

Okay Angela - I don't know what size you are but are you looking for something like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/Karin-Stevens-go...QQcmdZViewItem or this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Jones-New-York-G...QQcmdZViewItem or: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fabulous-Womens-...QQcmdZViewItem and this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-Womens...QQcmdZViewItem

If so you can do a specific search on ebay - for long sleeved, mid calf dress, etc and you might come up with something (using the "Women's dresses finder".) I am very excited of you being on tv by the way - very impressive! good luck.

Last edited by Froufy; 05-23-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Closed Thread