Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #136  
Melissa

Hey chickies! Glad to see everyone chiming in tonight. I hope that Saundra is doing well too. Maybe she is on her trip??

Sandra, speaking of trips, I hope that you have a great time this weekend. And no, it wasn't too much info, because I was going to ask the same thing Vickie did. I hope that you all have a great time.

Vickie, you sound like you are in much better spirits. A nice do and a great dinner will do that to a girl.

Angela, you'll win over the eating! You are so inspiring. I hope that someday I'll be on maintenance too!

Niki, oh, I wish you lived closer. I have never found a stylist that I really felt I "connected" with. I'm terrible with hair and need someone who can tell/show me what to do.

Kathy, gee whiz you got a lot done today. I am thinking that b-12 sounds pretty fantastic. I need something to help me fight my fatigue from the nasty job I have. I think I'll look into it, thanks. I hope you don't freeze.

Frouf, good luck tomorrow. I'm sure it will all work out just fine. Hope you have a good time!

Well I tried to "take a walk" in our backyard tonight with Murphy and he was so wild I came back in after about five minutes. Something must have been roaming around in our yard and he was sniffing like crazy. Oh speaking of that, you all won't believe what we saw last night. OK here's the story (you know me and stories):

We had Murph on the leash around 11pm or so. DH was standing on the deck holding his leash. He kept looking in the neighbors yard with his ears all up, then he would jump back up on the deck like he was scared. Finally I took the leash and started walking him around the yard. I saw him looking in the same direction, and he looked like he was about to bolt. I grabbed the leash tight and looked to see what it was. Something was walking right towards us, but all I could see was what looked like the face of a cat. Then it turned and I could see it's whole body--it was a FOX!!! I turned and high-tailed Murphy into the house. He was scared of it. Then DH and I watched it walk along the creek bank until we couldn't see it any more. Isn't that wild??

Wow have I ever written a novel. Have a great night gals! I'm going to go watch the Office finale.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #137  

Height: 5'7"

A FOX?? Good grief, Melissa, I would have wet myself! That would have scared me to death!

Speaking of animals, Bridge the cat just went out and then Shaun heard a bunch of yowling ... he went out to see what's going on and can't find him. Shaun worries about the animals more than anyone else, I think. Probably because he missed them while he was living in the apartment, and since he's here so much he's alone with them more than we are. Anyway, I hope he's okay.

I went out at 3:30 today and sat in the sun until 4:00. I am such a TV hog -- you won't believe the reason I picked 3:30. It's because usually I watch Judge Alex then but the rerun is on at midnight and since I'm alone I can stay up and watch TV for as long as I want. I organized it so that I wouldn't miss Judge Alex. Now tell me, how lame is that? Anyway, I have a teeny sunburn in spite of the cooler temps. It was probably high 70s but the sun was definitely shining.

Hopefully Saundra will show up soon. Maybe she's busy with her DS's new house?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #138  
focused and aiming

while waiting on survivor to come on, we watched last night's american idol again. other than the shock, the music was good last night. they could do elvis song severy week if it were up to me.

just saw where chris's being voted off is on fox news tonight. they interviewed ace. he's predicting elliott to win now that chris's off. ace was shocked at chris's being voted out.

melissa, that's neat about your seeing a fox. is there a chance you had deer in your yard last night? that might be what murph's smelling today. well, maybe it was the fox, of course. was your home empty awhile? the fox might have a litter nearby.

kathy, i hope bridge is all right. that was a quick sunburn, wasn't it? i completely understand about tv programs. we do the same thing.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #139  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I want to go to lolo land and loll around the hot springs! I so need a rest and that sounds like such a nice place! Have a great time Sandra and think of me while you're lolling!

Niki - so explain to Vickie and me why it is IMPOSSIBLE to ever replicate the job done by the hairstylist? Is it some secret code thing? do you use special pixie dust? I swear if I could I'd keep my hairstylist at my house 24/7!

I am so anxious for my appt on sat and can't wait to enjoy the gorgeous results - at least before I mess it up myself! ha ha ha

Melissa - I would have been freaked out by a fox - as was Murphy! Any other critters roaming about?

Kathy - I agree you do more with your injury than a normal person does - I sure hope you were wearing sunscreen! We are having big dark looming clouds and gret whooshing winds all evening and it sure 'smells' like it's going to pour! Dh was so nice to clear out my side of the garage (full of gardening equipment and drums and wheelbarrow) so I was able to scoot by the HUGE pile of topsoil still on the driveway and park indoors. I was fearful of getting in the car in the morning w/dd as her hair and makeup will already be 'done' and don't want the costumes or luggage getting wet - now if I can get into the underground parking we should be fine once we get there.

Now get a load of this - her gf also in her dance class/school - calls tonight to ask if we can drive her to the competition in the morning (so what happened to the parents I wonder?). I found this really weird? We have known about the competition for at least a month now and I would think as a parent you would have planned this out? I asked dd where her parents were? Says they are teachers and they are working tomorrow!!! THIS MAKES ME CRAZY??? I work too and I took the day off? Can't understand why the night before this poor child is calling asking for a lift? Of course I don't mind taking her (yes it means leaving even earlier) but I wish she had asked like WEEKS AGO? (I will try and find out if there was an emergency or something?)

DD had dance photos taken tonight (took about 2.5 hours) - dropped her off - bought 12 tickets for the recital - and then we went out for dinner where I feasted on extremely non-core items.

The problem I am sure i have discovered is TIREDNESS - I felt so depressed and blue on the way home - not sure why - come in the house and immediately start ranting and raving about the dishwasher not being loaded and run - and why is ds' jacket not hung up? and why has dd left her school stuff on the living room floor? Wow - I start listening to myself and I am almost in tears?

So I asked dh (and little ds of course) to come with me - dh of course was going to drive once he realized I needed help! After dinner we killed some time by going to this fun fair in the strip mall parking lot across the street - little ds had a blast on the little alligator roller coaster - the spinning strawberries, and the motorcycle ride!

I think I know where I am going tomorrow - but all depends know on one way streets and if I can find the entrance to the parking garage - keeping fingers crossed!

I sure need to get to sleep now!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #140  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Today the weather seems more like November; gray, rainy, cold. I was smart enough to plan to stay home today. We have nothing on our calendar and I'm happy about that. I'll be doing more laundry and cleaning but that's ok.

Poor Frouf! You do sound so tired and stressed. It's very kind of you to give the GF a ride. Those parents should have called and thanked you. My fingers are crossed that you are already safe, sound, dry, and happy at your destination. I'm sure some of the stress and tiredness came from work and your body's reaction to your dinner. I always feel VERY tired after eating non-Core. I wonder why that is. Also, my Mother told me that perimenopause/menopause symptoms include those alot like PMS. Sometimes I listen to myself ranting a bit and can not believe it's me. Maybe your hormones are a bit haywire? I don't remember how long you'll be gone today. I hope you'll be home and relaxing tonight and that you definitely have an easier weekend then last.

Melissa, holy cow! I would have fainted. Check out the lanscaping stores/nursurys in your area. I'm sure they'll have something you can spray around the perimeter of your fence that will keep the fox away. Fox/coyotes will definitely attack dogs. They are beautiful but I understand your concern for yourselves and Murphy. The spray won't hurt them, just repel them. I love everyone's stories. It doesn't bother me how long a post goes. Probably because mine are always so long!

Kath, I hope Bridge is ok! Our cats never get outside because I'd be frantic. It's nice to hear that Shaun has that tender side. How's he feeling? I'm guessing the antibiotic you had did the trick? I hope you enjoyed your Judge show last night. Jim likes them alot too. I watch them if they're on. They're kind of like a train wreck.....I can't look away once I start watching!

Sandra, wasn't AI something? I feel sorry for Chris. Maybe what Kathy heard is true. Maybe his fans that follow him closely thought he was getting to overconfident. I heard he got offerred a job with a band that I never heard of (because I'm old!) on Extra last night. I asked Jim to record the rerun for me but I haven't seen it yet. I'd buy his recordings. I'm a rock and roll girl, through and through. I hope you have loads of fun on your trip. See you Saturday night....or Sunday morning!

I'm making a new baked chicken recipe tonight with oatmeal. I'll post it if it turns out good. For dessert, I'm making Melissa's dreamsicle. I can't wait. How sad is that! I'm off to post my menu now. I'll be back later for sure.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #141  
Melissa

Vickie, make sure you blend it really well. I noticed that some of my jello is kind of chunky.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #142  
Southside White Sox Fan

I have to reread the recipe. Should I use a handmixer or do you just stir it?
Old 05-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #143  

Wow, it is raining cats & dogs here, got drenched going to the bus stop this morning which is in front of my house. My poor Lilac bush is drooping so bad.
I ordered a pair of Halfiger Slippers ( $49.00 ouch), they have arch support, I read all the reviews and seems everyone who bought them loves them. I walk around barefoot at home all day which is not good for me, so I figured they should help me with my foot problem. I also ordered the New Balance Inserts, so hopefully using both will give me some relief.

Vickie I don't know if I would work in a salon again, it just doesn't appeal to me anymore, I did it for many years in my younger days and had a ball(flirted with the cute male customers ), use to do 11 hr shifts with no problem. I think I got spoiled being a SAHM for 7 yrs now. Once my daughter starts Kindergarten in 2008, I may do it part time while they are in school.

Sandra I want to go to lolo to , it sounds so relaxing, I am way overdue for a Vacation, My last one was Sesame Place last summer & needless to say was not very relaxing. Lost has me very confused, but I am still addicted to it.

Melissa if I was closer to you, I would love to do your hair.

frouf us stylist have a ancient chinese secret . It is hard to do your own hair,when a stylist does your hair she or he gets alot of volume by lifting the root, did you ever notice when you get your hairstyled it is really poufy for a while. Once the root is lifted the style stays in all day.

Kathy how relaxing to lay in the sun, i sometimes watch Judge Judy, She gets her point across doesn't she.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #144  
Melissa

Vickie it calls for a hand mixer after adding the pudding, but maybe I just didn't do it long enough. Who knows? I had some last night. It is so sweet I can't eat too much at a time, but I guess that's a good thing!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #145  

Hi ladies,I am making a ham tonight for dinner and it is the butt portion, is that a Core food, please say yes
Old 05-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #146  

Good morning! I'm finally up but about to get ready to leave for my hair appointment. Judd will be home around 2:30 and we're going to get new cell phones. He lost ours somewhere on the AF base this week but we had already been looking at getting new ones. He usually just uses the OnStar phone in his truck because he doesn't sit and chat on the phone, just calls home to say this or that, so the truck phone is ordinarily sufficient. However, since we have to get one, we're just going to go ahead and get two.

I really slept poorly last night, and then didn't wake up until 10. I have a sore spot in my mouth, like a tooth or something, but it does this from time to time then quits. I'm not going to get it checked out right now because I just added up my medical bills and my portion, so far, is about $1100. I can't pay that AND a big dental bill right now. Even the best dental insurance, which we apparently have according to everyone else, is crappy and pays hardly anything. I'll tough it out as long as possible.

A lady we work with is having a baby shower tomorrow. I'm not invited because we're also having one AT work; this one is for her friends who don't work with us. Anyway, a lot of our former co-workers who transferred to other places are back in town for tomorrow's shower and tonight we're having a BBQ at Judd's friend Jon's house. I'm going to take my Coke Zero and Light Ruffles, and just have a plain hot dog and THAT'S ALL. Scale this morning was 140.2.

Niki, all I know about the ham is that it says "lean ham." Does the butt have fat on it? I know mine does. Enjoy your rain though, in spite of getting soaked this morning. I'd still like to see more rain in this area but then again, I'm so easily depressed that maybe it wouldn't be a good thing.

Vickie, enjoy your quiet day! It's certainly been a long time since you had nothing on the calendar! What a great day to stay in though, nice and dark and raining. There I go again with the rain envy.

Bridge showed up around midnight last night and wasn't limping so maybe he was the winner of the fight.

Melissa, are you off today? I seem to remember something like that; or maybe it's a half day or something. Anyway, I was watching the news last night and they were showing a bobcat that was walking around in a neighborhood. It reminded me of you. If you keep seeing the fox, you should take pictures and send them in to the news station. It seems to be odd enough to sight them in neighborhoods that it's news. Although, with what looks like a nature reserve behind you, it might be common to see things like that.

Well ... I guess I'll go get ready. The appointment is at noon. I'm not sure when I'll be back but I WILL BE BACK.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #147  

My butt has alot of fat on it . (haha) I gues I will try to trim all the fat of the Ham butt before I cook it, shame I can't trim the fat off mine
Old 05-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #148  
focused and aiming

i'm typing fast here so there may be typos. went to wi and lost .6. the meeting was about activity. this came at a good time for me. i'm getting back into being active. yippee!!!!!!!!

frouf, wish you could come loll with me. also wish you could come hike the mountain with me tomorrow. you could walk right behind me and give pushes on the steep parts. my guess is the parents kept trying to get the day off but weren't able. schools are pretty tough about that this close to the end of school. i even had to miss a whole week of a college class one time. (and that was a 6 week course) i was lucky that the course was in education and the prof was understanding.

frouf, have a wonderful time tomorrow. i know life is difficult with teenagers but you two are building some memories with the dance competitions. are you permitted to take photos? i know it's not permissible at plays but am not sure about dances.

vickie, i'm a little bit country and whole lot rock n roll. (heard that in a barbara mandrell song) ai's cd is coming out soon (end of may) and chris will be singing "walk the line" on it.

let us know how the new chicken recipe is. a gf gave me 2 boxes of ww oatmeal. she didn't like it.

nikki, i wish you could go, too. we're anticipating great weather, lots of friends, and a lot of fun. tonight we're roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. i'm feeling like a kid. haven't cooked over an open fire in eons. normally, when we go rv'ing i have cooked ahead and we reheat in the microwave. this time--no way!! we're really, really camping. well, we do still have beds, showers, refrigerator, microwave, etc.... but we are cooking outside tonight.

kathy, let us know how your hair appt goes. have fun tonight. we're having "dogs", too.

well, i'm outa here. have a good evening. i'll be back tomorrow night or sunday.

happy mother's day, all.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:06 PM   #149  

Congrats on your loss, Sandra! I know you're excited about it! Enjoy your trip and be careful.

My hair is awesome! I love it so much, and she did a great job of fixing it. It sure helps to make me feel better. Judd's on his way home and we're going to get the phones, then he has a few things to do, then we'll go to that thing tonight I guess.

I am really hot right now and trying to cool off. My ear hurts too so I found a Rx of decongestant that I'll take. When I got it (a few months ago) it was because of an earache so hopefully it'll work.

I'm off to see if I can find some lunch now. See you all later!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #150  
Melissa

Hi all! I hope that you're doing well today. I'm just getting home and trying to do some stuff around the house.

I'm way behind here. I'll catch up later.

CONGRATS Sandra!!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 05-12-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Closed Thread