Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

I'm still feeling sick, but the last two days I've been taking my half a Unisom/Vitamin B6 dose around lunchtime as well as bedtime. Hard to tell the results yet. It makes me very sleepy for a few hours, but last night I actually felt like folding some laundry and being upright until almost 9 o'clock. If it keeps doing that, I'll take the drowsy afternoon at work!
I'm kind of thinking this baby is a girl. I've probably just been influences by comments and such, but it will be so interesting if we get to (I really hope so!) find out in 3 weeks... (from today!) How's everyone doing?
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am doing well. The baby crib bedding came via UPS today! I am pretty excited about it. I went all over-to BabiesRUs, Kmart, WalMart, ToysRus, Sears-pretty much EVERYWHERE that carries baby bedding, and I just couldn't find the thing that was "me", you know?
I found a set of nursery decor online a few weeks ago, and I loved it-but it was expensive, so I didn't know...but, I found someone who had good feedback on Ebay, and had a brand new set of it for about $80+ cheaper than it would have been in a regular online store...so I got it.

She had the bedding set-but also had the diaper stacker, and the mobile in the auction to go with it. Here is a link to the pattern:

http://www.tinybed.com/Flashback-Col...ource=standard

The baby's room already has cream color trim around the doors and baseboards-which is a color in this set. The carpet in the room is sort of a taupe beige-gray, which is also a color in this set. So, I am off to the store here in a little while to buy paint for the walls. I am going to go with the light warmer beige that is in the bedding...and the crib I have is black, so the color scheme should really look cool when it is all done.

I am feeling okay-just having a little more trouble with my breathing-as in baby is getting bigger, and I don't have quite the cardio stamina that I did. I did teach dance class Monday night, and I did a 1 1/2 mile walk on the treadmill. The bad thing is, is that it takes me 30 minutes now to walk that 1 1/2 miles-because I have to walk at about 2.5mph. I am used to walking on the treadmill at 3mph+, but I guess breathing has to come first.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Aphil--I love that set. it seems like time is flying by now that I'm in the 2nd trimester.

Sara--sorry to hear you are still getting sick. Hopefully it will ease for you soon.

I'm doing well. My blood sugars are staying in check finally with the insulin I'm currently on. He has been moving like crazy lately and I'm loving every little punch. I can't quite feel it on the outside yet but I can't wait so the other kids can feel and see this one move.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #64  

I am at 22 1/2 weeks-and I am getting to the point where DH and the kids can feel the baby move if it is a "good" one. It will happen soon!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #65  

How's everyone doing? I am doing okay - tired, but good. The extra dose of m/s "drugs" I've added are helping me feel much more functional in the evenings, and I've stopped throwing up. This is good, if you don't count the 3 lbs I've gained in the last week or two. Sigh. Win some, lose some, right? I am at 17 weeks and my "big" u/s is 2 weeks from today!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:19 PM   #66  

Well, I had my 24 week visit this morning. Everything seems to be going as planned...although I have been having a "second round" of morning sickness the past week and a half...this has never happened to me before!!!

I have my 3D/4D ultrasound on Saturday, and I am really excited about it. I can't wait to see the baby's facial features and see if it looks like my other two children-or not.

At my next regular visit at 28 weeks-they are doing another glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes AGAIN...and I am having another regular 2D ultrasound to guage the size, since they really have to watch that with me. I am really nervous about how big this one is going to be after the sizes of the last two. Especially since I feel like this baby has grown TREMENDOUSLY in the past 2 weeks. The kids and DH are having a blast "playing" with the baby now. My DS lays his head on my tummy so the baby will kick him in the head. How warped-I bet it is pretty humorous for a 5 year old, though.

I am still teaching dance and feeling okay enough to do that...but I am having insomnia really, really bad at night. I wake about 5X a night-last night I had nightmares, and actually came downstairs to read for a bit before going back up to bed. I had to take a 30 minute nap on the couch today after the last 3 sleepless nights. For some reason, this always happens to me. I heard in some women (an old wive's tale) that it is their body preparing them for being up numerous times a night, and having to take a nap during the day once or twice-sort of like practice. I don't know, but when I get near to the end of my second trimester each time it always starts happening to me.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #67  

I am doing pretty well. Feeling quite a bit better (unless I forget to take my medicine)... I have my 19-week u/s next Wednesday, and I am anxious to make sure everything is all right and to see if we can find out the gender! I am having trouble sleeping some at night too - I hope it doesn't get much worse. Right now it looks like I have to work all the way up til a week before I'm due, and with an 8-5 job, there isn't much time for naps. I'm dragging a little today. I am excited, because I am signed up for swim aerobics here at the college where I work, and they start in about 2 weeks - I am counting on that to get me some much needed exercise! I am also working really hard (starting this week, because it actually seems possible sickness-wise) to eat more healthily. I am not counting points or calories, but at least -avoiding- sugar and empty calories, and keeping track of my food groups eaten throughout the day. Anything is an improvement!
Deanne, where are you? Is everything going well for you?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #68  

Sara-it sounds like you are doing much better! I can say one thing, on the days that I exercise-my energy levels are better during that day and the next-and I also sleep better at night.

The swim aerobics class sounds really fun-I would love to do something like that while pregnant, but I don't think they offer it in my city.

I think you are doing well-paying attention to the food groups (I do this, too) to make sure you are getting a variety for the nutrition. It is especially important for me, because I cannot take prenatal vitamins of any type. No matter what brand-they always make me throw up.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'm doing well. We've moved into the new house for the most part. I still have to go through a few of the rooms and sort out the junk from the good stuff and downsize a good portion of stuff we never use because I don't want this new house to become cluttered, especially with a new on one the way . My dad and hubby did all the heavy lifting, leaving mom and I to sort through the boxes and put things up. I still need to get a ton of decorations up on the walls.

I keep telling myself I need to get out and walk but actually doing it is another matter. My blood sugar levels are staying okay. I had to add another insulin shot at my last appt. but after that, things are looking good on that end. I'm almost 23 weeks now and the baby moves a lot more. I can feel them on the outside. I have another u/s on Wednesday and we'll hopefully be able to confirm I'm having a boy or girl. It's tough just going on a guess.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #70  
New mom to be

Hi everyone! I have a question. I am having a bra issue. I can't find a comfortable one with enough support. I have a great push up which puts the girls where they should be but I am finding it very uncomfortable now. I also have a really comfy bra but my boobs sag and run into my expanding belly! Really not a self esteem booster. Anyone out there know of a really great bra? Thanks!

sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:55 AM   #71  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I have 5 weeks left. I am getting to the really uncomfortable stage. I have gained 16 pounds, and I am pretty sure that will be it. I don't normally gain the last month, no room in my tummy to over eat. We are buying a new home and I think we start moving on Wednesday. Terrible timing but what can we do, life doesn't always work on schedule. lol
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #72  

Amber, I have no advice about the bra thing... I have been struggling with finding some comfortable ones too. I feel your pain! (Sort of - mine HAVE grown, but I think I'm finally the "B" I've always worn...lol - I'm just uncomfortable still!)
Old 05-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #73  

How is everyone doing?

I am officially at 26 1/2 weeks now-Saturday will be the start of my third trimester. I think this kid has doubled his weight in the past 2 weeks. He is getting HEAVY..

I had a pretty bad case of edema (ankle/foot/calf swelling and discomfort) this weekend, and it took about 48 hours to get it under control. I think it was aggravated because we were outside a lot in the heat. It was pretty bad-it hurt to walk, and sitting for any length of time with my feet down on the floor aggravated it. I looked like Fred Flinstone. My ankle bones on both sides were completely GONE!!!! My SIL's said I had "cankles"...and I did! It was terrible...

I just got done doing a 30 minute prenatal workout with hand weights, and it felt pretty good. I am getting more tired, and having a harder time getting motivated-but once I exercise I always feel 100% better afterwards.

I just bought a nightstand today that will sit next to the rocker for my nursing supplies (nursing pads, magazine, lanolin, something to drink, cordless phone...you know. All the stuff you need when you are stuck sitting there nursing for about 20 minutes every couple of hours. ) I came home and put it together and it is already in the nursery. I think I am really getting into my nesting stage now...I also took out the trash, swept the bathroom floors (2 1/2 baths) and now I am getting ready to fold some more laundry.

My diet has been excellent today-yogurt, fruit, nuts, whole grains, lean beef/veggie stir fry...and I have about 300 calories left for my snacktime this evening.

Well, I better be off. I need to bathe my older two children, and get to folding that laundry.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:51 AM   #74  

Hi...can I jump on this thread? I am a pregnant Mom trying to get a handle on compulsive eating. I'm due in ten more days. Well...nine days and ten minutes West Coast time. (Not that I'm counting.) I've gained more weight than any of you want to know. But my current goal is to dig deep and get to the root of my eating issues...not to get pencil-thin immediately after the birth or anything. I'm glad to have found 3fatchicks again, and glad to meet/re-meet you all.

p.s. It's a boy...and his name is Evan.
MyThreeTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:56 AM   #75  

Welcome MyThreeTots!

I can 100% relate to your story. I have always been active-exercise regularly, etc. and love eating healthy-but the root of my weight problem is, and has always been, emotional "binge" eating. (I kind of relate that type of eating disorder to having bulimia without the purging of the food afterwards.)

Rather than being someone who overeats a little all of the time, or who has bad eating habits such as drinking a lot of extra calories each day in sodas or some other habit-I can do extremely well for days or weeks at a time-and then go on a "bender" much like an alcoholic.

My quick story is-I was about 200 pounds after my first child (starting at around 150), and made it to my goal of 155 about a year and a half after her birth. I maintained for a couple of months before finding out I was pregnant with my son. After his birth I ended up at 211 pounds, and made it down to 164afterwards. I was a little heavier scale wise-than I was before, but I was a lot fitter exercise-wise, so my body was actually in better shape-more muscle, etc. from all of the dancing and other exercise.

I have a pretty hard time being pregnant-gestational diabetic, large babies, problems during deliveries stemming from those fact-but I am being carefully monitored, and I am taking charge of my health as well for the best possible outcome.

So-here I am again. This will be my last pregnancy, since I am 30 now, and my third child. I am DONE. I am doing what I can to maintain an active lifestyle through the pregnancy, and I am trying to eat better this time around as well. I will be back on the weight loss wagon when my son is born.

If you choose to breastfeed after the birth, I really hope that you stay around this part of the forum. We can al lose the weight together, and talk about our eating issues.

Nice to meet you!
Aphil