Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-06-2006, 03:10 AM   #151  
New mommy :)

HE POOPED!!!
Our pediatrician is the one that gave us the idea...you have to dilute the juice with water. Apple juice worked like a charm!! He is not fussy anymore and seems much happier!
WWvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #152  
Running Babe

I had an ultrasound this morning and the babe is 9-9.5lbs. I was a little surprised to find that out. I am scheduled for an induction next Tuesday if there is no more progress.

Anyway take care ladies!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Good luck Ali.

Things are all looking well here. Doctor said baby is measuring about 2 1/2 weeks ahead but he's not concerned since I'm having the c-section. My creatinine levels looked great, my A1C number was great, my blood sugar levels have gone up a bit and my insulin was increased but no new shots. I only 3 have more appointments and then it's time. My surgery is already on the schedule for Aug. 29 at 9 a.m. As long as I don't get bumped like I did with William, I should have him by 10 a.m. BTW (I got bumped on the surgery list many times and had him at 12:42 p.m.)
I also signed my consent for the tubal ligation. I was a bit sad and almost burst into tears but I held it together. I know it's for the best but it just seems so final. I had to sign it at least 30 days before it's done. That's my udpate.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Awww Dawnyal, I'm sorry. I'm going to be getting one too hopefully. I just can't be pregnant anymore, after this one I realize that I'm through. But I'm sure it will be a sad note when the time comes.I haven't even talked to my doctor about it yet but I have tons of time and I'll probably meet with the surgeon in a couple of months.

Good Luck Ali, hope the baby comes quickly for you. My babes were big 10lb and 11lb, that's why I had the c-sections. Are you doing natural birth?

Vixen - glad to hear he pooped. I've heard of baby's who get constipated but can't remember why. There was a baby here that holds the record of a month. It must be very scary for the parents.

I'm doing okay. I've got a head cold and I've been home for two days now. The weather turned crappy too but at least I don't have to go out and water my garden, since it rained.

The morning sickness is hanging on and it seems made worse by my cold, sore throat. I have such a sensitive throat when pregnant. But I haven't gotten out of the house to do any walking in a couple of days. I did manage to clean the house a little and since I feel a little more better today may do some clearing out in the office. Mickey's mattress has arrived. So I have to get moving.

I've also been a hormonal basketcase and crying over everything lately. It's terrible.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #155  
Running Babe

Dawnyal: It's nice to know which date you'll be going in for sure! The waiting game that I am under is frustrating (I have stopped not making plans). I honestly thought I'd have the baby by now!

Donna: My fellow Canuck, I plan on having a VB if possible.. A CS scares me, but I am now reading up on it since I think I have a slightly greater chance of having one. My DF is so proud of producing a large baby!

The humidity has increased again!!

Take care!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

How is everyone doing? Any more babies yet?
How is Connor doing Deanne?
Donna, I feel for you! I remember I got a bad cold at the very beginning of my pregnancy, and I'm one that's always used modern medicine liberally to treat my symptoms! I was sick for over 5 months, and it's no picnic. I remember literally crying myself to sleep a few nights because I felt SO sick. Thankfully that's mostly passed.
Actually, I'm feeling a lot better in some ways. The "morning" sickness is finally completely gone (6 out of 7 days) and my back isn't hurting like it did for 2-3 months. I think my visit to the chiropractor (like 6-8 weeks ago) actually helped and my back has only now finished healing from problems it had. Some days I'm extremely emotional/irritable, but I feel almost like myself some days. I don't have much energy, am feeling really big, and gaining too much weight, but I'm doing okay. Have some minor heartburn, some not-so-minor swelling that seems to affect the tops of my feet more than my ankles, and my face is starting to look really chubby. Baby Reilly is finally moving consistently, so I mostly enjoy that, yet worry when he doesn't. (of course!) We found a place to live (great location, decent rent - have been living with my parents for the last few months - DH has had enough of all the family togerness ;-) ) and we just ordered a new video camera that arrived yesterday. (not completely wise on our soon-to-be student budget, but it's my passion, and my old one is starting to hiccup) I am able to eat healthier many days (trying to kick that sugar binge I was on for several weeks) and I don't have to eat QUITE as often. I am getting some exercise in. Not much, but some. Things are starting to look up, even with the physical discomforts of the third trimester coming on.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Ali - it's a good idea to read up on CS. I never did and I was messed up about it for awhile. I know they are normal feelings but I couldn't shake them and still feel guilty to this day. It's only that first pregnancy too! I was so determined to have a medication free natural birth and ended up with an epidural and CS.

I went to a prenatal meeting last night with one of my groups and we watched videos on labor and birth. Those old feelings of resentment and failure came back. I thought i had gotten past it.

I didn't feel that way with my second pregnancy and I know this time too I won't have those feelings because I know I have to have one. I hope one day I will be able to come to terms with it.

So yes, prepare yourself.

Sara - i'm glad yo are feeling better. Sounds like you 've been having a great time with it too! It's nice you guys found anew place. I really would like to get a video camera. I usuallyjust borrow my moms but my brother broke it by using it out in the cold. I make due though with take tons of pictures.

I'm getting better slowly. Mornign sickness is not leaving though. I'm finally feeling up to exercise but haven't yet because I don't feel like i have time. I'm a little stressed with bills and stuff lately.

I got the bedrooms all sorted out. The two boys are sleeping in one room. Mickey is still getting used to it but he's slept in there 4 nights now, not whole nights but most of them. So it's getting there. This weekend we will concnetrate on organizing the playroom and me catching up on filing and paperwork.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfessorSiuan
I never did and I was messed up about it for awhile. I know they are normal feelings but I couldn't shake them and still feel guilty to this day. It's only that first pregnancy too! I was so determined to have a medication free natural birth and ended up with an epidural and CS.
This was me too. I just knew I would have her vaginally and when I didn't I felt like a failure. It took me about 6 months before I could even think about her birth much less talk about it before I stopped bursting into tears. I finally stopped the what ifs (what if I wouldn't have tried the castor oil, what if one of the m/w had told me she was posterior earlier than 3 days before I had her—I mean they knew it when they started doing internals and my cervix was high and hard to reach, what if I had better prepared for the pain and not gotten that loopy shot—don't remember what it was—or the epidural, etc) and I made peace with the fact that I was not meant to have children through my vagina when I was PG with William and I am okay with that. Yes I do still get those twinges of what it would be like to have my baby that way, but I just let them pass instead I focus on at least this time I know what to expect and figure it should be pretty close to William's birth experience since his c-section was scheduled as well.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #159  
Bring sexy back

I never felt weird about c-sections...I guess because the only family member I knew who had babies had them that way so it is normal to me. I labored for several hours and at 40 weeks 10 days I could only dilate to 3 cm with pitocin. DS went into distress and I had to get the breathine shot. My only regret is not demanding an induction around my due date. I will say this...my mom probably had a smaller pelvic opening like I do (which is why the doc says I never progressed well because the baby never was able to engage) and she did have vaginal deliveries. She swore with my brother she was in labor for 3 days, so thinking about that makes a c-section look like a good option Some women can't have babies vaginally, and I feel really lucky to live in a place where a c-section is an option. The Oprah special on the fistulas in Africa will cut some c-section guilt with the quickness.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree. I don't have any qualms at all about this baby most likely being born by a c-section. I won't feel as if I am being "cheated" out of a vaginal delivery...in fact, I will be thankful that I and my child won't have to suffer so much this time around.

As it happens, I did give birth vaginally to both of my large babies-but with the pitocin induced labor that went on FOREVER, vacuum extraction, shoulder dystocia, episiotomy, postpartum hemorrhage, and the potential risks to my child (all with baby #1), and the early induction which still resulted in tearing (me) and lung issues (baby) with baby #2...I am glad that I have this option.

Having a c-section out of medical necessity is not "being cheated"...or it isn't a case of the mother "failing" at something that she is supposed to be able to do naturally. I know full darn well that I could have a natural, drug free, vaginaly delivery with an average 7-8 pound child-but since that isn't the case-I don't feel like a failure.

I would feel more cheated, I guess, if I tried to have this baby naturally when the odds are not in favor of that-and have more injury to myself or my child.

A natural birth can be a wonderful, wonderful thing-but this is when everything goes RIGHT. A woman cannot compare herself, and her personal situation to that of the perfect delivery of another woman.

The same thing goes with drugs vs/ drug free labor. A woman who has a quick 3-4 hour labor that happened naturally cannot compare herself to a woman who was induced by pitocin (more painful contractions) and who has to endure that pain for 26 hours. It is unfair for the mother to feel disappointed in herself that she couldn't endure the pain for that length of time...sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...and stop comparing yourself to another woman's unique experience.

A healthy baby is the goal, ultimately. THAT is the true prize, and if that is the end result, then take joy in that.

I had my first vaginally with epidural...the second vaginally no drugs, and this baby here may be possibly delivered via c-section. I won't feel any less happy about this baby's arrival if that is the case...because my goal is a healthy baby, not a utopian picture perfect birth. I have already from experience realized that that is not in the cards for me. I can't help it that I make big babies and have trouble delivering them...so I am not going to beat myself up because I can't have my 10 pounders as easily as another woman has her 7-8 pounders.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #161  
Bring sexy back

Good news...I was sick as a dog this morning

My 6th week started yesterday and all I ate for breakfast was half a banana and milk. I had very little appetite. This morning in the middle of making my DSs breakfast I had to go lay down. DS called for DH by his first name (so cute) and said "you ok" a few times. Anyway, I am guessing me getting up at 5 am to make Dh breakfast is going to have to stop and I will probably have to make as much of DSs breakfast the night before (pouring milk, laying out fruit). I dont expect it to last for long (I hope) but after no nausea last time (and how poorly that turned out) it is a relief. Now, I know you dont have to have nausea to be doing ok, but it cant hurt.

Mary
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #162  
New mommy :)

Hey girls...wow, Im tired!! Im having a ball though! I love being a mom even more than i could have ever imagined. Connor is such a sweetie.

I've not gotten back on WW fully yet. The hubby and I are so tired that we just eat what we eat when we eat. Im hoping that this will calm down once Connor is on a better schedule.

I was talking to someone the other day about C-sections and then I saw y'alls postings. I personally wouldn't change having a C-section for anything. It was very quick and no stress for the baby or myself. My surgeon was amazing and you can barely see the incision. I was glad that I knew that when they put me under, I would wake up to a beautiful baby boy in less than an hour. I am so glad that I have an OB that gave me an option on the birth. I do understand that women have feelings of being cheated but I did not at all. Im glad that we have a choice. I have so much respect for women that give birth vaginally and by c-section. I do not think it should matter which way a child comes into the world as long as mother and baby are healthy and happy.

Anyway, the bottle feeding is going really well. Both of our parents sent the bottle liners by Playtex. That has helped SOOO much. This country has never even heard of them. I love watching Nic feed Connor, its adorable!

Well, not much else is going on. We're glued to the news for the Israel, etc. coverage. I just have this bad feeling about all this. Things are TOTALLY safe here but its the few extremist that you have in every country that we worry about. I don't think we will have to go home but we are just watching our backs more.

Ok, hope you're all well.
WWvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #163  

Hi, haven't been here in a while since I found out I was pregnant 6 months ago. I'm soory to say I haven't done so good on my weight gain. I found out after gaining 20 lbs at 20 weeks that my metabolizm went down due to pregnancy. My Dr. told me I should have ate less then I normally do, wish they would have told me that before.
Now I'm gaining slower but I fear I will gain up to 40 lbs total by the time the baby is born. But I'm up to the challenge to lose it when I am able to after she is born. I will be looking for the green flag. I will be nursing. I'm glad everyone is doing great here.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:03 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies!

I taught dance class last night for an hour...and I only have a few left before I go on "maternity leave" from teaching.

I am 33 weeks and 3 days right now...I am hoping to teach until I am 36 weeks. That is the goal, anyways. I have contact info for my students in case something should happen before that time.

I am definitely "nesting" really, really badly...which is very common for me at this stage. I woke up off and on the night before last, and finally at 4 am decided I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up. DH got up for work at 5:45 and came downstairs to see what I was doing-laundry.

This weekend we did a lot of the shopping for our older two children for school, to get that out of the way before baby time...and I got some things to do some last minute stuff on the house-a new towel ring for DH to put up in the kid's bathroom...some new ClosetMaid shelving accessories for one of our storage areas to expand it...that sort of thing. For some reason, every third trimester I become "crazy" with trying to get everything around the house perfect. I am also going through photos and sorting them into albums.

Depending on when they decide and what they decide-I will have a new baby in 3-6 1/2 weeks.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #165  

I gave birth to both of my previous children via vaginal. My 2 kids are 14 yrs apart so it must have been a shock to my body the second time around. They gave me pitocin to supposedly speed things up. If anything it was alot painful then my first.
With this pregnancy I plan to have a vaginal birth. In my case, I would only except a c-section if something is wrong with the baby. The only reason I am apposed to a c-section (for me only) is the pain I've heard that you have after. I would rather have that pain at birth and that will be the end of it. The other reason is the scaring, I don't know if the doctors have gotten better but I remember seeing some nasty scars. The other reason is I've heard is that you get this pouch you can never get rid of. I don't know if this is true now but that if you have a c-section you can never have a vaginal birth after that.
Now if some of you who have had c-sections could calm my fears about this it would be great. And again I don't think anyone is a failure if they opt for a c-section or meds. I love my epideral I would love to have a total non-med birth as I did with my first child again but if the pain just gets too unbearable then I want the meds.
WheN I had my first child, I had a woman in my room who just had a c-section. She was in so much pain I remember calling the nurses to help her. The next day I found out her In-Laws convinced her it would be a better way b/c "The baby will not come out with a cone head, that will be there for weeks" I felt so bad for her. Later that day they brought in our babies. When the nurse brought my dd in, (not knowing what I had heard) she remarked to the other nurse (while the family was still in the room) how round my dd's head was. The MIL asked her "Oh, was she born via c-section?" the nurse asked me, I told her "No." After the family left the woman told me what had happened, she was sobbing.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote