Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'm having some stress-related ctx. off and on since yesterday. (I hate working with idiots and add that to a busy day after a holiday and it was a bad mixture.) I got them to stop so I haven't called my doc yet. If they start back up, I'll definitely call them. Other than that, things are going fairly well.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Hey girls-
Nice to hear how you're doing! Welcome Mel! I hope birth goes well for you and Evan and that you're able to get your eating under control! Dawnyal, I hope your contractions don't come back!
I am at 21 weeks tomorrow, and this little guy still isn't moving enough for me to notice him! (Though I'm pretty sure I felt him a few nights ago when we were resting quietly - and everything looked fine on the u/s a week ago. I have gained about 20 lbs so far (which is bad since I am 5'3 and was already at 163... I am hoping not to go over 200, but I will not despair if I do. I know how to get rid of weight and I'll just have to work hard after this little one is born. The last few weeks I have been able to start deciding what to eat instead of just being able to eat what my m/s would allow (very unhealthy, low nutrition things). I have been keeping track of my food groups at least, and trying to make smarter choices, but my sweet tooth also returned when I started feeling a little better, so... I finally started a water aerobics class last night, and I am so excited to finally get some regular exercise (after about every 2 weeks for the last 4 months...) It totally wiped me out and I slept over 10 hours last night, but I know it's going to be good for me. I really want to control my weight gain for the rest of this pregnancy!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:22 PM   #78  

Aphil, we have so much in common! I too can relate to the "benders" food-wise. I too have large babies (well, 8-4 and 9-1 respectively so far, anyway). (I don't have GD, though.)

Our weights as you describe them are SO similar. I started at 157 and am now almost 210, yikes, but have stabilized there. I expect to lose about 30 lbs. in the first 2 weeks because that's standard for me (I retain water).

AND I love to bellydance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't right now, though, because I have a hip condition that only occurs during pregnancy. But I love it, love it, love it. I have a little coin belt and everything. That little jingle really adds to the whole effect.

I too am WAY DONE. I am getting a tubal ligation on the table. But (you whippersnapper), I am nine years older than you. This will be my third little boy and we're thrilled.

I am so glad to meet you all. Dawnyal--I am sorry about your stress contrax. Is there any possible way you can take the day off, or at least half a day? Hang in there.
MyThreeTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

What hip condition do you have? I have a lot of pain in my pelvic bone on the left side from my daughter's shoulder being forced through and hitting it, and in my right hip (Which actually went out when I was 8 1/2 months with my first child-the SAME humongo kid. )
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:43 PM   #80  

ctrsara, I didn't see your post there...try not to worry about the regularity of movements at only 21 weeks. Even as a third-time mom, this baby didn't get "regular" in any discernible way until probably about 25-26 weeks. And I really didn't feel him much, if at all, until 19 weeks. But he's there, he's active and he's growing. Weird how some moms feel soccer kicks starting at like 15 weeks and others never do have "regular" babies at all. (Colin never really could be counted on to move on command, for example, no matter how many times I prodded my tummy.)

Aphil, OUCH. I am imagining that birth of your lovely, very large baby and, well...ouch. Double ouch. Oh my goodness. My condition is SPD--symphysis pubis dysfunction--which is just basically the normal relaxation of the pelvic joints, gone awry. In my case it burst into full-blown DSP (disatasis symphsis pubis), which means the front of the pelvis actually ruptured and separated. A few women wind up with a 4 or 5 milimeter gap after pregnancy. I had a four CENTIMETER gap. This was a problem. I was paralyzed, actually. I went home with a walker and shuffled/crabwalked with it sideways but couldn't actually lift my feet off the floor. I was dragging them, basically. My doctor warned me that any further pregnancies could result in the pain starting way early--and they were right. The pain for me started at five weeks. I also lock up frequently, especially if I've been sitting for more than about ten minutes. I constantly feel and hear clicking and grinding and it's pretty gross. But I'm in the home stretch now! People have been asking "So when are you due?" and I'm saying "next week," and then I'm like, OH MY GOD........
Old 06-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #81  

That is so wierd that you mention that hip disorder-because I think that is what I actually have as well, and was going to bring it up to my doctor. I think it may have just "not been caught" with the other two.

I have a lot of hip pain, especially lying in bed on my side, and then rolling over onto the other side when I am sleeping. I have woken myself up with the "ow, ow, OW!!!!" when I roll over. I keep telling my husband that it isn't muscles, it is in "my bones". I don't know how else to describe it.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

That just sounds painful reading your post. Luckily, I just have the minor aches and pains of PG.

Things are going a bit better. The ctx did stop luckily and I soaked in a warm bath Tuesday. Now if I can just destress the rest of my life, I'll be good.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #83  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Aphil..hope you don't mind if I poke my head in...not being pregnant and all

I just wanted to tell you I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I had the very same feeling with Talia (#2) "MY BONES!!!!"
I so felt in the last trimester like my pelvic/hip bones were actually going to break!

One thing that felt really good was to get on all fours and have hubby SQUEEZE together with all his strength, with his hands on my hip bones or nearby....you'll know it when he hits it..it really helps momentarily. It's VERY taxing on Daddy though because he can't possibly squeeze hard enough, and you never ever want him to stop
Try it...you'll like it.

I was to a point near the end where it hurt so much that all I could thing to do was fill a big sock with rice/beans etc...and throw it in the microwave then I could place that against my pelvis (like a giant pad) and it would help be be able to fall asleep at least.

I don't envy that particular issue...but I WISH I could have one more...I feel him/her out there in the Universe, and hubby is just *done*..it makes me very, very sad.

I wish you the very best of everything!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #84  
Running Babe

Although I first felt that baby move @ 18 weeks, it took until about 24-25 weeks for the movements to become regular. You babes might be kicking towards your back you never know.

At Almost 36 weeks, I feel movement constantly... This babe is certainly active!! My favorite activity before I go to bed is to watch my stomach move, it is so funny. My mom laughed last week when she visited me and she could see all the movement it was doing.

Anyway, I am at the "leave me alone I am really cranky" state of my pregnancy.

I am having my baby shower tomorrrow and only two more weeks of work (I took today off as well). I will be taking 14 months of leave all together (we get 12 months mat leave + my work offers extra unpaid leave that I will take advantage of... yah!! two summers off!)

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Wow, that's amazing maternity coverage! I get basically nothing since I already know I'm not coming back, and I told them so... Sigh. I HAVE finally been feeling movement though! For the first time 5-6 days ago, then several times a day for the last 3 days. He just decided it was time to make himself known! Now I can usually feel (if I'm sitting quietly or laying down) him awake 4-6 times a day, and I can feel little tiny thumpy kicks. It's so weird! I'm happy though, it helps to know he's doing okay in there. My DH is jealous and can't wait till he can feel him on the outside.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #86  

CTR, I'm sorry you don't get mat coverage. Ugh.

Four times a day is GREAT for feeling movement at your stage!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #87  
New mommy :)

Hey girls...its been so long since I have posted. How are y'all?
I'm at 34 weeks and cannot wait until this is over! I am having a c-section on the 1st of July. Obviously, that could change but it is pretty certain. The c-section was my choice due to several different reasons.
My company wants me to work up until the day before. However,I'm feeling less and less like I can do that. I'm exhausted all the time. I got my first case of edema. It was so bad that I couldn't walk.
We went on a 3 day vacation to Bahrain last weekend and had a blast. I got to see friends that I haven't seen in 7 years. It was amazing. Best of all, we ate at the BEST restaurants. I think all the walking is what caused the edema. Walking through all the baby stores we could stand...found strollers though.

Ok well, thats it here...how is everyone??

-Deanne
WWvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #88  

Pretty good here this week. I performed this weekend at a show about 4 hours away, and attended a dance seminar with Fahtiem (famous belly dancer from CA.). It was really fun, although I did sit out during one small portion when she was teaching a sequence of spins across the floor. One spin I can handle, but doing them over and over across the floor-I didn't want to chance the possibility of falling.

I taught class (my intermediate class) last night, and I am teaching beginning tonight. So, Monday and Tuesdays my exercise is sort of "built in" since I run the class. I simply *can't* skip it.

I am noticing the baby getting a lot heavier now in the past few weeks-my ultrasound next week for size estimation will give me a general idea of how big he is right now size-wise. It wil be interesting to see how much more "ahead" he is in weight/size already.

I am still pretty energetic, still getting around well and doing things. I have a feeling once I pass 30 weeks though, it will start going downhill fast. I will take advantage of it while I can.

I am starting to get things ready for the hopsital bag. (Type A personality-always plan ahead!) so I am slowly gathering items for it. I am also a bridesmaid in my SIL's wedding not this weekend, but next. (17th) DH is an usher, and DD and DS are the flower girl and ring bearer-so we will all be dressed up together.

My eating has been pretty top notch lately-even while I was out of town for the weekend. Rather than eating fast food in the hotel/at the seminar, I brought Ensure Healthy Mom stuff, a handful of fruit, granola bars, etc. and we ate lunch at Panera that day-and I had lowfat soup, fresh fruit cup, etc. rather than empty fatty foods. I felt pretty good about that.

How is everyone else?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #89  

Aphil, it sounds like you're doing fantastic and I agree, it's good to have all your ducks in a row well ahead of time as far as an upcoming baby is concerned.

We're in the final countdown here. My C is scheduled for Friday morning. I can't seem to get motivated to clean my house in advance of this event!!!!! So much for nesting!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I don't know what to do. I am still nursing my 18 month old and it's really starting to hurt my nipples. He's more prone to nip and pull on them now too! I really feel the need to cut him off but am feeling guilty. Last night was terrible, i can usually get him to not nurse at night but last night he screamed and screamed for it! I am very tired today!

I felt good this morning though and walk to town, now I am tired so my mom is coming to get me so i can get my car and then pick up the kids from daycare. I just couldn't walk home too!

My oldest got his last shots before he starts kindergarten in the fall. They did a little fair to do a bunch of testing and then the shot. It was cute and then he cried. But that went away quickly! He got lot's of stickers, tatoos and balloon. Overall it went good!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote