PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #46  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Hiya, Kristi!
I hope your baby gets over that ear infection quickly!
Grats on getting your exercise in early though!

Astrophe, for you and the friend. Grats on the good labs!

Hm. I like that idea, Laughing.
I've been using "Live, Love, Lose Weight" for a while now.
Love - visit friends and family more often.
Lose Weight & Live - my newest scale goal (below: 196.9) and sky diving once I hit that scale goal.
I'm not waiting for "Normal" to live my life now.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #47  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies!

Kristi - welcome on board, hope your baby feels better soon.

astrophe - congrats on ur lab results, hope your friend feels better soon

Laughinggirl - that's so true. need to remember that when i see a cheesecake next time lol

Nicoyaangel - I'd suggest you take a closer look at your food & try to shift your workouts around a bit. I remember reading somewhere that we go into platuea when our bodies get used to what we're doing, our body gets 'comfortable' and 'optimizes' its calorie spending. You need to somehow shock it into losing weight. good luck

zanheltangia - good luck with you goal!

Things are getting hectic @ work & around the house. Its been almost a week since I last worked out & hating it. Eating is ok so far, cheated a bit over the weekend but things are a bit more stable now. stepped on the scale this morning and its showing a 1.5 lbs loss - hope it sticks till weigh-in day

Hope everyone is doing well
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:47 AM   #48  

Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome (a few posts ago). I havent chatted here in a while because I have just been so busy!

Laughing Girl - I am also on a 1200kcal meal plan, its hectic but it worked for me. Carbs should only every be low GI. Love the mantra btw! I am definitely going to memorize it.

Nicoyaangel - Gee girl! You are so focused on working out. Just remember if you aren't losing weight as fast as you would like to its probably because you are building more muscle tone from the workouts. I am lucky because its Spring time here in SA, so we can do a whole lot more exercises outdoors now. I have already signed us up for 2 walkathons next month (my 1st ever!).

Beerab - you have willpower of iron! I dont think I wouldve been as strong as you in the face of cupcakes - keep it up!

Astrophe - glad to hear your labs are all good.

Kristi - I hope your little one feels better soon. I know how horrible it is for them, last year we battled the whole of winter with my son and his ear infections (he is almost 2 now and this year was better).

My diet went out the window this weekend and I am SERIOUSLY struggling to get it back on track again. I dont know why but I am so hungry all of the time yesterday and today. I am craving sweets and carbs and everything that is not good for me. I seem to have lost my motivation a bit :-(
Samve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all,

Checking in after a little while away - I've been on the main boards a couple of times, but really busy at work and not so much in the subforums!

How are you?

I'm okay. Still stressed at work, but going on vacation next week!

What are you working on?
I just started a c25k program that is going pretty well so far. I'm hoping to break my 50 pound mark this week or next week, and I'm trying to be more consistent with my calories and carb intake.

How was last month?
Annoying. I didn't have my TOM, so this month I used my Provera prescription for the first time since April to induce it. I hate that. However, I was good with exercise, and I dropped about 6 pounds over the course of August, so that is a bonus.

How's your PCOS management going

Fairly well, although I'm eating more carbs than I used to, and letting myself slip into some old bad habits. I need to nip that in the bud!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 138.8/130.4/115

Height: 5'3"

Who's here this month?

Karenbear. New here although I have been lurking for about a month.

How are you?

I'm okay. Started SB and exercise this past month. I am on Phase 2 of SB and considering toning it down to 1.5 phase. Some weight came off when I first started but now I feel like I am just staying the same. I know it's only been a month, but somewhat depressing when at first it came off and now nothing. But I feel more healthy and that is a good thing.

What are you working on?

Trying to lose belly fat. Trying more weight training. Also looking for support from others.

How was last month?

Last month I started SB and it was a great improvement.

How's your PCOS management going

Eating and exercising is helping. Also on BCP. Tried Met in the past but could not stick with it. Thinking about trying it again when I see the doctor next month if I do not see anymore improvements this month. Do not like to be on meds, which is why I am trying diet and exercise alone.
Karenbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #51  
Warning 3FC Addict

Hm. Question.
Is the absense of TOM more common for PCOS than a TOM that just went on and on?
I feel like an oddball here,

Last edited by zanheltangia; 09-14-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #52  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

I'm more of an absence of TOM girl.

Blah I'm having such a hard time lately sticking to south beach diet. I think I'm just sick of salads and can't wait till it gets colder so I can have soups again. I've got lentils waiting in my pantry lol.

I haven't been bad- I haven't been eating junk- I've just been eating more whole grains- in the first time in who knows how long I brought a SANDWICH to work. My coworkers are shocked lol- yes it's been that long.

I'm staying around the same weight- I think my body is just mentally preparing for the P90X DVDs that are coming lol.

I wish I could just plow through my weight loss like a lot of people here- I was doing so well until the summer hit and I've mulled around since- maybe it's the heat?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #53  
Warning 3FC Addict

Huh. Maybe you need to switch it up, Beerab? I don't know how flexible SB is, but maybe your body just got used to the same ol', same ol'? I hope you have better luck with it, and I get the soup thing. I've had seafood ramen at a local Japanese place twice in the past four weeks, it's a "weakness" but I figured it into my plan.

Well, 24 more minutes until I can make my way home. Had an odd day at work and wouldn't mind some mind-numbing activity... hm, letting my mind drift away in thought sounds so goooooood right now.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #54  
Soul Cyster

I think so- nothing sounds good to me lately except carbs! BLAH lol.

I've got half an hour of work left... I want to go home NOW.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #55  
Warning 3FC Addict

Back at work here.

I hope everyone has a nice, but wacky Wednesday!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/177/170

Height: 5'10"

this is my first time doing any sort of blog. I learned i had PCOS in 2003 when my husband and i tried having children. I was successful with clomid. I then took clomid to get preg. with our second child in 2006 and it worked the first time. my body seemed to regulate itself and i lost all the baby weight plus 30 lbs.!!!!!!! nine months later to our suprise i was pregnant with no medication!!!!! since having our third child the PCOS has gotten out of control. I love my OB/GYN and she recomends i have my uterus removed to stop the constant period i am having and then start in with medications. At 33 yrs old she said i would be 10 times more miserable if i had my ovaries taken at the same time. I am ready to take control of this and have started making healthy changes. Just looking for anyone who is in my boat. Most of what i read has to do with fertility issues (which I can completely sympathize with!!!!!) but now i am beyond that stage and not finding much that is useful or giving me an idea of the correct direction.
jnjfroehlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #57  
Warning 3FC Addict

jnj, I am with you on that. I don't need the fertility part, and I had the constant bleeding issue back near my start weight of 250/260 pounds. I have to say dropping from the obese range and into the overweight range helped give me a few extra days off, but I do still get some crazy heavy days but they are farther apart now, .

I hope you figure something out. Are you close to your maintenance weight now?
Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/177/170

Height: 5'10"

I have about 25 lbs to get to where I would like to be. Problem is all my symptoms seem to be getting out of control now. I have not changed my diet or lifestyle and the scale keeps going up. Thinking with age I prob need to make some major changes.
jnjfroehlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #59  
Warning 3FC Addict

Sounds like a bit of change might be needed then if your scale keeps showing gains, jnj.

Do you have an issue with insulin resistance? I keep hearing that being linked to quick weight gains associated with PCOS. And cutting back on carbohydrates sounds popular to help lose weight.

Ladies, please correct me if I am passin' on wrong or out of date information. You know how these, "I hear..." things can be sooo wrong.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #60  
Soul Cyster

Zan is right- most of us with women PCOS (I haven't met one without) have issues with insulin which makes it very easy for us to become diabetic. That being said following a low glycemic/low carb diet. South Beach Diet is generally recommended for women with PCOS. It's the only thing that has worked for me. My PCOS symptoms greatly improved and when I started to stray the symptoms came back. I read that you know you have carb issues when too many carbs make you gassy and that's SOOOO me!