Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #46  

Height: 5'6

Hello all,

I had to go out of town; my great aunt is dying and I needed/wanted to spend some time with her. I've lost a lot of family members in the last few years and she is the last of eight siblings. With the loss of her, a great part of my life will be over.

I have not been on plan for at least a week. Tonight my DH is bringing home lobster to celebrate both Valentines Day and our five years together. I will get back on plan Thursday.

Toy, I am so sorry about your husband's medical problems. I will add the both of you to my prayers. I truly hope it is not too serious.

~Jennifer
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Teena my yorkie and I went to the vet today, she has Pneumonia-she has also has congestive heart failure. If she makes it through the Pneumonia then we will deal with the congestive heart failure-it is treatable but eventually the end result is death. I am not ready to lose her.

Toy I pray that your husbands medical crisis gets better. Jennifer sorry to hear about your Great Aunt.

Seems like alot of us are having trials and tribulations this week. Right now I am not focusing on my diet but I have not given myself a license to pig out either.

Hope that all is well for others. Have a good evening.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Good Morning

Sheri: So sorry to hear your dog has pneumonia. Hope she will recover quickly. It has to be stressful for you right now. I know these animals become like family.
ExTex: Welcome back. I missed you! We're dealing with an aunt that is critically ill right now. I'm surprised every day that she lives. When she is alert, which is very seldom she will repeat over and over, "I want to go be with the Lord!" I honestly didn't think she would live through Christmas, but for some reason she is hanging on.
Toy: Hope you and your husband are doing ok. You were so right that sometimes things cause the diet to take a backseat
Hope everyone is gearing up for an on plan day!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #49  
TOY

Hey, all...thanks for the prayers and well wishes. We are not out of the woods yet but he has avoided the hospital for the time being. They cannot check the gastric pacemaker until next Thursday (have to ship a device to town) so we're holding on to the hope he can manage until then. He's usually spot on with his predictions with the device and he thinks it's not working at all. We don't know what we'll do when that is confirmed since his main gastric doctor is on sabbatical until March. (Right now he's managing with OTC meds and prescriptions but that is not a long term solution.) He's just trying to avoid the NG tube and hospitalization but we know that possibility is likely unless the pacemaker starts working again.

I'm neither on or off my diet right now...I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but it's the truth. I'm not overeating which is a good thing but I'm not always making the best choices nor am I strictly on WS products. Guess I'm just surviving at the moment...but that's okay, too, because in the the past, I would have been on a wild binge from nerves.

Sorry I don't have time to get personal with everyone but my prayers are with your sick relatives and puppy. I hope life gets back on an even keel for all of us soon.

Have a good weekend.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #50  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Default Stressful Week

Hey all. I feel like I need to vent a little bit. I've had a very stressful week, and I'm positive it will reflect in my weigh-in tomorrow morning *sigh*. I'm pretty sure I haven't lost at all this week.

Tuesday I hit a wall with my thyroid issue....I woke up so exhausted and feeling puffy, my dog peed all over her bedding..I was so irritated and stressed I cried my eyes out, and still had to get ready for work. I hate it that there are days I wake up feeling like I haven't slept in days, and I feel like crap for days after that. :-( And, I'm getting irritated with my guy because he likes to talk about wanting to do this or that...yet he stays buying random crap when he gets paid like lcothes or cd's and stupid stuff. I'm like...how are you ever going to change things or do what you want if you keep yourself broke because you buy dumb stuff every week?!?! AND my Mom has been up my butt about mailing her laptop back that I fixed for her for FREE. It would have cost her hundreds of dollars to get it done at Geek squad or something because it woulnd't even boot up. Not to mention she borrowed $5,000 from me 5 years ago and only paid back $20 of it....yet she can always buy this or that. I'm sorry that I don't stay at home all day doing nothing and have stacks of money sitting around to ship stuff back when you tell me to jump!!! Woosaaaahhhhh.

I've eaten a lot of stuff I shouldn't this week. I just hope I don't gain. I will be starting the slate clean, I'm not giving up...I just can't deal sometimes. It can be so hard to let go and let God take care of things since I'm so stubborn, and I'm struggling with that. I'm so emotional today I've been on the verge of tears all day. I miss the days when I used to have close girlfriends I could call and cry to, or hang out with. I feel liek everyone I used to call "friend" moved on to bigger better things and left me behind because I'm not worth enough to them. I just don't understand why I seem to always fall in last place with people. I feel pretty worthess right now to say the least....alright, that's my whine session for the week. Thanks for listening all.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #51  

Hi-

MsModelSara-You post touched me. You are worth a million and you are not worthless.

What about your guy? Are you married to him?

Sometimes I get really down because both my parents are passed away and so are my husbands. Then I read post like yours and realize not all relationships are gravy. I don't understand when the roles are reversed like it sounds your's is with your mom. Ship that laptop out as soon as you can so that monkey is off your back.

Wow-has the people on this tread been under attack this week. We must all be trying to do something right because if we werent I dont think we would be having the obstacles throw our way.

Teena my yorkie is doing better but I am afraid there are more issues than the pnemonia and congestive heart failure. I gave her some pumpkin yesterday because she had not had a bm all week. Well it did work but now I am wondering if she is passing blood. Her bm was very dark and loose-what a mess to clean up on the carpet.

There is no way I am getting on the scale until the end of the month-I am afraid of what has happened with my weight. I have been off plan all week and given myself liberty to do what I want as far as food went.

Be careful Ms. Sara thinking your friends have it better than you. You never know what goes on behind those walls.

Consider me and all the others on this thread as your friends. Be good to yourself.

For Ex Tex and Toy and all the others that are having so much emotional stress-I am thinking of you and need to keep you in my prayers.

Hoping for a better week for us all. We need it. Survivors of stress are what we are this week. Ugghhh......
Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #52  

REKP hope you are doing ok dealing with your aunt.

Wow is anyone on here not dealing with some type of illness? Where is speed of sound?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #53  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

I'm here! I've been out of town a few days this week and working a ton of overtime, I'm actually at work right now (don't tell the boss!). Being out of town is a horrible situation to be in if you are trying to diet. I had to have some meals with my lead engineers and there is just no way I can show up with a shake or a protein bar. Also, the menus were pretty bad and I was pretty bad.

My weekly weigh in is in a few hours once I get home and settled, I will post my results.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #54  

Default Hello everyone

Thanks so much for remembering both my aunt and myself in prayer. It's a rough time for us, but she seems closer each day to getting to her goal of going to be with the Lord.
I lost 3 pounds last week. I have resolved myself to the fact that 2 to 3 pounds is probably going to be as good as it gets from here to my goal. I've reset my goal date from before July 4...to whenever I get there. It's hard to stay on plan with stress issues and I think I've been at least 95% successful, but have felt my commitment starting to slip at times. Like..."go ahead and have what everyone else is having. It's only one time!" Thankfully nothing horribly bad has been that appealing. I had a large spring salad yesterday when we ate out. It had halves of English walnuts on it. I could have picked them off without losing a thing from the taste. Did I pick them off...nooooooo.... Oh well, next time
Sara: So sorry to hear you're having a bad day (week) you are going through a hard time, but you are a priceless treasure in Jesus' eyes. Really, who else matters? You mentioned friends, I have a lot of casual friends, but have always had a problem letting people into my life to get close to me. Except one...I met my best friend when we were freshmen in high school (over 40 years ago) and knew we would be best friends for life. We email almost every day, talk about every other month and try to visit a couple times a year. She's the most supportive person I've ever met. We always have people we can go out to dinner with, or friends from church we see socially, but to have one excellent friend has been all I have needed. Do you have someone now, or someone from your past you could develop a closer bond with?
Sheri, so glad your dog is feeling some better. Toy: Keeping you and your husband in prayer. Speed: Looking forward to your weigh in results! You are so right, it's hard to travel and have restaurant meals and stay on plan, but sometimes the weigh in surprises you.
To everyone else, hope we all have a great, on plan, week.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #55  

Hi i'm new here. I just ordered a 12 week wonderslim package and hope to lose lots. I have over 100 to lose. Glad to see so many people using the program. I have read some of the posts, but will try to read more while waiting for my package to arrive. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #56  

Welcome Pamedic954-Glad you have joined us. Try to have at least 3 shakes a day. I know when I miss my morning shake it really sets my day for failure.

I stayed on plan today. Supper is always hard because it is my real meal most of the time. Tonight I made lasagna I made sure one side was really light on cheese. Had that salad to ward off the hunger. Made homemade garlic toast so that is also hard to resist.

REKP-I agree with the 2 to 3 pounds a week. Especially if you want to have real food in your diet. Which I am beginning to believe is a key to learning different eating habits. Sure if you only do wonderslim you are going to lose faster but what happens when the real food is there. Somehow we must be able to make wise choices and still live in this world of food. I would like to get back to the Wonderslim for breakfast and lunch and a calorie reduced meal in the evening.

Teena is doing much better. I called and made a appointment for Saturday for a follow up. Now that she appears to be making it through the pneumonia it is time to discuss treating the congestive heart failure.
It's exciting to hear her bark when dad comes home. I am hoping to see some "normal stool" which would be a relief. I cut down on the pumpkin LOL. Boy was that a mess but it sure worked. I knew she needed to go. I am going to keep them both on a teaspoon of pumpkin a day because it is supposed to be good for them and they like it. I need to be able to catch Teena going to the bathroom so I can be the inspector LOL. What we wont do for our pets.

Wishing you all well.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #57  
1 fat guy on a diet

Down 3.8 lbs this week, yippie!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #58  

My aunt went home to be with the Lord this evening. Lots of travel for the family this week as we go back to our hometown for her funeral and burial.
Please keep me in your prayers.
Congratulations on your loss, Speed. Great job!
Welcome pamedic! This diet is actually pretty easy when you settle into a routine, and it's very effective! Look forward to your posts of your success.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #59  
1 fat guy on a diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKP View Post
My aunt went home to be with the Lord this evening. Lots of travel for the family this week as we go back to our hometown for her funeral and burial.
Please keep me in your prayers.
Congratulations on your loss, Speed. Great job!
Welcome pamedic! This diet is actually pretty easy when you settle into a routine, and it's very effective! Look forward to your posts of your success.
Really sorry to hear about your aunt REKP. I've experienced the loss of several close family members over the past 7 years, including both of my parents. It's a hard thing to deal with, but life really does "go on". It was very sad but also relieving to know that my mother no longer has cancer, my father no longer has heart disease, and your aunt no longer suffers from whatever ailed her. They are now free from pain and are experiencing a new birth in a world free from anxiety, suffering, and turmoil!

Edit: Wow I read back some, everyone is having some very tough issues going on. TOY, Ex Tex..... keeping you and your families in my thoughts and prayers. Glad the dog is doing better Shero!

Last edited by speedofsound; 02-21-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #60  
1 fat guy on a diet

Received an email from DD and Diet Direct is having a sale on there 2 week Wonderslim kit for $134.10. Add in the Presidents day coupon code PRES15 and get another $15 off! That's the cheapest I've come across since I've started New Lifestyle/ Wonderslim. You can customize your order by typing in which 15 boxes you want in the box for comments on the order. The rep from DD called me because I put in 16 boxes instead of 15 and they are super nice and they ship FAST, especially if you live the south.

Too bad I ordered on Saturday and missed the sale, but I did use the $15 off coupon so I paid $138 (which is still a great deal and a good bit cheaper than New Lifestyle Diet)

Last edited by speedofsound; 02-21-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Closed Thread