Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #151  

Ladies, only one suggestion, don't skip your other meals to "save" calories. Islandgrrl, have your breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack so when you go to dinner you are in control. You will make wiser choices if you are starving. Did for you Sno, just eat like normal and that way your dinner on your own will be a "normal" event and you can keep it in line with the rest of your plan. One meal does not mean you get to be off plan the whole day.

The other day I was put in a situation where My DIL, Step Son and DH were out running around and DIL was hungry so we ended up stopping at Denny's for a late lunch/early dinner. I went to the 55 and older menu and picked out some broiled fish and veggies. It was a perfect size and I felt so successful. They forgot to bring me the dinner roll and I didn't remind them. That was the first time I ate from the 55 and over menu but you can be sure it won't be my last.

TTFN,
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the suggestions EV. I will eat normal so that I am not starved before I go out. That is a usual pattern with me, I know I will eat so I don't eat anything all day and then I could eat the entire menu!
Italian is good but I don't know if they have anything that is not fattening
I would love a good caesar salad and even that is fattening
But I will get thru it and one day does not destroy a weeks worth of days.
Sno, you will do great, you have this under such good control.
islandgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #153  

Islandgrrl -- It's just one meal. It's just one meal. It's just one meal. Someone told me that by next Christmas I wouldn't even remember the meal I was stressing over and it just rung home so well. So go and enjoy everything about the experience. The room, the smells, the company, your anniversary and the meal will take care of itself if you focus everything else about the experience.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

HI guys!

well today was my "treat" meal and I ended up just having a slice of pizza and a diet coke. I didnt want to eat anything else because I dont want to stop the weight loss. It didnt make me feel like binging but I did feel hungry pretty quickly. I guess I am used to the balanced nutrisystem meals.

Saw Harry Potter and that was fun. Got a massage tomorrow. Yay!

Good luck Island--I know you can do it

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #155  

Wow, Sno you are too good. I will definately not be that good, trust me
I will just keep telling myself, "it is just one meal" And you are so right EV, we will not even remember the meal we stressed over so badly in a years time.
I am going to Oahu on Weds, have to take the ACLS instructor's course on thursday. I am of course all stressed out about it cause I have to do a 20 min presentation. Not to mention the on line course "Core Instructor Course" and then study and get ready for the 8 hour course on Thursday. I am okay with that but stresses about doing and then presenting in front of the class...
I am off work today, and I will have to study most of the day before going out for my supper. I just hope the combination of both don't drive me over the edge
One thing and one day at a time!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #156  
Eternally Optimistic

S/C/G: 218/215/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies,

I just ordered my first round of NS, thought I'd give it a try to get a handle on my portion control. They said it should be here Wednesday. If you have any tips on what to avoid in terms of their meals, I'd love to hear it. For some reason, the bean dishes (like their chili) look a bit weird to me! LOL

Here's to a new weight loss adventure!
SunnyDazeFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #157  

Hiya Sunny and welcome! The food is kind of trial and error. You will not always like what someone else does and vise versa. I love the mac and cheese and beef. Also the ravioli w spinach. I hate both the chicken and tuna salads! I love all the cereals and don't like the eggs. The pancakes are good.
I usually have soup or the bars for lunch with string cheese. That is what Sno eats and she is melting. The pizza is good, but my DH says it looks more like a cracker than a pizza
Make sure you drink lots of water as well that will really help.
EV and Sno, I survived my anniversary dinner. Had a huge caesar salad, stuck with water and then had angel hair pasta with scallops and shrimp. Ate the scallops and shrimp (5) and less than half the angel hair. I had no champagne as we decided because we were driving Steve did not want any, but I did have a baileys and coffee. Totally skipped the dessert! So I am pretty proud of myself
Today we will finish the floor, I will study and work on my presentation, and then tomorrow back to work.
Hope ya'll had a great weekend. And again welcome to Sunny!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #158  

Dear all:

to Sunny--I hope you have a fantastic experience like I have had with this plan. I have lost 35lbs in 2.5 months! and am ecstatic.

I was thinking about what is different this time about losing weight. Why this time I feel I really will be successful:

1. I was just so fed up and couldnt take it anymore. I no longer felt like a choice it felt like a reality.

2. Over the last 2.5 months I have been training myself to resist food I used to binge on. I have learned to control my hunger--I know I have eaten enough food to maintain my health. When I get hungry even though I have eaten, I drink water and that helps. The hunger wont kill me but the overeating might.

3. This week I have tested myself with my two treats--the piece of pie and the piece of pizza. Not only was I not tempted to eat more, I could have passed on those foods because it has become more important to me to lose weight than it is to indulge in food.

Anyway just some thoughts.

Island: great job--that was really a fine meal you had!

Sno
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #159  

Grrrreat Job Sno and Islandgrrl on your challenge days. DH and I ended up going out unexpected to a steak house. We had to pick up my step-son at the airport and had my daughter visiting until we left for the airport then the plane was late so we never did get around to eat anything but breakfast. BUT they offered a low cal plate and I had that, it had a small piece of steak, whole wheat bread, sliced tomatoes with cottage cheese and a bunch of fruit. They arranged it with the fruit all fanned out so the plate looked as huge and inviting as everyone else’s sizzling steaks and I was comfortable and proud of myself when all was said and done. BTW it was half what DH spent on his big honking steak.

Welcome to Sunny. I’ve been on NS for 3 months and I’m down 28 lbs. I’m not loosing as fast as Sno but I also am not exercising as much and I’ve been off plan almost every weekend, not a lot but like above not eating totally NS so I’m not unhappy with my progress. Like Islandgrrl said, food is all a matter of taste. I like the tuna and chicken salads but I make my extra dairy/protein for that meal extra tuna and chicken to add to the salad them I add onions and celery to make the whole thing a little thicker and stuff a tomato with it. There are some things I really won’t order again if I can help it, some things that are ok for a change of pace and some things that are really.

Now I have just got to kick my butt in gear and get more exercise in, I don’t know why I haven’t been, I really love to exercise, it just seems like I need to do something else when I have the time. Some of it is that it’s just to hot this time of year to do anything accept workout early in the morning and this year I’ve gotten in the habit of doing most of my housework early in the morning so I don’t have to deal with it during the heat of the day. That is the excuse I’m using for not working out AND for my house being a mess. BTW, no I don't have AC. I had an estimate to have central air installed a couple of years ago and they advised me not to waste my money. I would spend 10K and still not be happy with the results because my house was just not setup for it. Two estimates came back the same so I'm still using evaporative coolers and fans. Oh well, summer isn't that long and it is really only the monsoon season that it is truly uncomfortable.

TTFN,
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #160  

Default What!

Hi all:

well I am up a pound this week! waah! I have been 100% on plan other than the two treats I had last week. Oh well--the scale fluctuates. I am sure I will lose by next week!

YEah E, we only have about two months were it is really hot up here and so we dont have aircon either--but we do have it in our bedroom. It really helps on those super hot days and nights to have somewhere to cool off.

Gotta go!

Have a fantastic nutrisystem week all!

Sno
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #161  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Hi all - just finished going through your posts!

My husband and I are starting NS shortly - we are just waiting for our food to arrive.... my hubby only wants to drop about 10 lbs but has decided to join me with NS to make it easier for me! We recently had a little girl and I am not having a whole lot of luck getting ride of the excess baby weight!! so I am hoping Nutrisystem will help! Sounds like you've all had great success so far!

Looking forward to visiting with you all!
skyootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 AM   #162  

Sky. You will love the program. Good luck to you.
Sno don't worry about the pound. You are so right about the weight flucuations. And don't forget how our bodies have a tendency to hang on to water.
EV you did GREAT! Passed up a steak, good for you.
I still have not weighed myself but that is okay cause I feel good. And still in the size 12s and aiming for the 10s, then the 8s.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #163  

Sno – it was the dough on the Pizza, your body isn’t use to the refined carbs and it is making you retain water. Drink extra H20 and it will flush right out of your system and you will be back down when you weigh in next time.

Islandgrrl – I love the fact that you are resisting the scale and using a pant-omitor to measure your progress. That is such a better system, I wish I wasn’t addicted so to the scale. I weigh everyday but it really is more to make sure I haven’t gained (because I do get tempted sometimes and hold my breath the next day that I didn’t over do it). So normally I step on the scale to make sure I didn’t undo anything and when I see it move down it’s like getting a little bonus. I know, I know it is a mind game but different strokes for different folks and this is what is working for me right now.

Welcome Sky – I hope you love NS as much as we do. So far all three of us are doing wonderfully. It is really nice that DH is joining with you to help support you. The nice thing about NS is how effortless it is to do and you are going to love not having to plan meals out anymore.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #164  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the support ladies--it was hard to have a disappointing weigh in after all my hard work!

But I will not let this small setback dislodge me from my plan and program. I am 100% again and frankly after that little experience, I dont think I want to go off again! It was so not worth it!

E: I didnt think of it but yeah it must have been the white flour. waah! Oh well--I am kinda jealous of you that you havent been 100% on plan and you have lost almost as much as me!

Island: I agree with E! The panto-meter test is the best. I should go to that--this one little pound would not have got me down since it is not noticeable in terms of my pants!

Sky: best of luck with the plan--it is great to have the hubby on plan with you--mine is doing the same thing but he had 30 to lose. So we basically eat similar things. It really helps!

to all!

sno
Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #165  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Thanks Ladies!

I am hoping that having hubby on plan too will be much easier - not having to cook a regular meal will make all the difference I think!

I thought our food was going to be here on Friday but just noticed that it is running behind and won't arrive until Monday ... oh well - we are heading off camping on Tuesday but I am determined to take my NS food and eat only that camping - my husband isn't going to start until we get home - but I figure the sooner the better as we have a big trip to the Monteray, CA area planned for the end of August and I'd like to have lost 10 or 12 lbs by then!

Have a great night ladies!
skyootr is offline   Reply With Quote