Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #121  

Beth,

This really is an easy program to follow, the food isn't gourmet but as long as I don't have to fuss I don't care. You will probably spend your first month deciding what you like and what you just really don’t like but don’t fall into the trap of listening to what other’s think. Different strokes for different folks and I know what someone said about one soup turned my stomach and it really wasn’t that bad, just a little bland but how they described it grossed me out so I just can’t bring myself to order it now. So I strongly encourage you to stay away from those types of threads on the NS board and just try it and see what YOU think. Sno pointed out that if you think airplane meals you pretty much have got it pegged.

Now the recipes can be really helpful, for instance adding an extra packet of Starkist Tuna to the tuna salad uses one of your protein/dairy servings thickens up the salad and makes it go farther. Also a little onion and celery can give it a really nice fresh taste if you have the time and/or desire. Same goes for the chicken salad. I use it to stuff tomatoes and it has become one of my favorites.

Also a lot of the ladies like to sauté bell peppers and onions and add to a lot of the beef dishes. It helps get the veggies in. I like to take the chili and add diced tomatoes to it. The chili tastes fine without it but the tomato just make it go farther and becomes my veggie serving for that meal. So don’t be afraid to use the entrée as the basic ingredient to cook with, for instance you can really use the pancake’s to make a lot of things. I just mix it up, add a few blueberries and a couple of packets of equal, spray a 2 cup measuring cup with ICBINB Spray and microwave for about 2 minutes (1 minute and then 30 second intervals until done). Dump it out for a pleasant, big fluffy muffin. It doesn’t brown pretty but it has a pretty good flavor.

Good Luck.
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #122  

Oh, My husband said if he had realized pugs were so much fun he would have had one years ago. We spend almost every evening laughing at something my guys are doing. I have my pug, Peanut and my daughters black pug CJ living with us right now. I really wish she would just leave CJ here but I think I will be loosing him come August. I've already made up my mind that I'm getting a black female if she really takes him away.

How long have you had your pugger? My guys are 2 and 4 years.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default stuff

Hi E:

My sister has two pugs and I always enjoy those dogs. So smart and agreeable.

So how is the plan going? I realized I added Omega 3 to my diet the last two weeks and maybe that has increased my weight loss a little--it is supposed to help.

Beth: good luck with the plan and let us know how you are doing!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:35 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi all
Wow, everyone is doing so great! I need my one sugar free vanilla latte with no fat milk daily. that is my treat
And I will try to get my desserts in, it is not that I don't like them, I just never seem to find the time.
I had the day off yesterday and painted my entire living room and hallway.
My poor legs are so sore today from getting up and down the ladder for 8 hours. And of course I never got my water in, and I am showing a 2 pound weight gain
But I am smart enough to know it is not a true gain, and it is water and puffiness from sore irritated muscles.
So I will get my water in today and work out the soreness and get back down in my weight
Ouch ouch EV, scorpions! I got bitten by a rattlesnake in Yosimite Park one year and spent a week in ICU. I hate snakes!
islandgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #125  

Yippee! I lost another pound which offically makes me at 30 lbs weight loss!! That is so awesome. Feeling good and soon I will be lookin' good!

I scrubbed out my fridge yesterday, accumulated gunk in the freezer etc. It feels so good to have that done--I have been putting it off for a while.

Good job and recovery, Island. Its easy to get bummed by the scale but riding out those fluctuations without letting it get you down is key! Water is so crucial.

Have a wonderful nutrisystem day!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #126  

Sno – are you adding the Omega 3 as a supplement or just making sure you are eating food rich in it?

Islandgrrl – I do the same thing with the FF Latte, it is a treat that I save a serving of milk for. I almost always have one of those or the Frappucino thing I make as a dairy. The Latte if I want it for breakfast and the Frappucino if I have it after dinner.

Excellent on recognizing the water fluctuation and that it can be tied to your sore muscles. On days like that I really chug the water to help flush the excess out of my system. I REALLY hate snakes too. Just the thoughts of them may my skin crawl.

Sno – I’m beginning to dislike you, you are kicking my butt. Eventually I will catch up to you but it may be when you hit goal and stop needing to loose anymore. I’m down 25 so I’m not tooooo upset. Keep up the great work.

TTFN,
Old 06-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #127  

Default too bad!

Hey E--get over it--I need to get this weigh off now! Plus I think I have much more to lose than you do so bigger people lose weight faster.

I am taking the omega three supplement which technically adds 70 calories but obviously it has not interfered with my weight loss!

Plus on the 25 lbs--that is really fantastic. Sheesh, when I think about all the time I wasted on other diets!

Sno
Old 06-29-2007, 08:04 AM   #128  

Bravo to both of you....fabulous weight loss
I am plugging away and not losing right now, but again that is okay as I know one day I will get on the scale and pow, it will be off.
I get busy at work and at home and don't always get my water in like I should and I believe if you do not get the water in you don't lose the weight.
It is hard especially at work to drink the water, I am usually running around and never get a chance to pee let alone drink
Tonight I am working a short 8 hour shift, and since I got here at 11pm, I have set up two emergency surgeries, shipped a 32 week pre term labor to Oahu, been to one code and the night is still young. So right now I am taking advantage of a bit of down time to have some lunch and water.
Keep up the good work. You guys rock!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #129  

Default Friday

Hi Island:

good to hear from you--its great you are taking time to post--I find the more I post the more I stay on track.

Your work sounds really fascinating. I can understand why it absorbs you.

Great job on staying on plan. I think water is crucial--you'll still lose weight but not as fast I think. Do you have a strategy for getting more water?

My deal is to drink one liter before breakfast, one by lunch and one by dinner.
I have wide mouth bottles so if I get behind I can chug a bunch at once. It does cause frequent going to the bathroom but it is worth it!

Have a great day all!

Sno
Old 06-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #130  

I agree with Sno, the boards really help me stay motivated. I spend almost every lunch hour checking them out. I expect Sno and my weight will drop faster because we started out heavier to begin with, for instance I started 80 lbs heavier then you so I'm going to naturally burn more calories just running back and forth to the restroom from all the water I’ve been drinking. The nice thing is you know the program works and all you have to do is eat what is given to you and the weight will come off, you just can’t predict when you will see a shift on the scale.

I typically a 16 oz glass of water as soon as I get out of bed in the morning, then I allow myself my cup of coffee. Then I will sip a bottle as I drive to work so by the time I actually start my job I have half of my water consumed. Then I just make sure I have water with my meals and I have it covered.

Boy when I listen to what your day was like I’m sure glad that I’m and admin and the two key managers I work for are out of the office today. I feel like I’m on vacation. Actually, I’m getting all kinds of stuff accomplished with few interruptions.

Have a good weekend if I don’t get a chance to pop in (I have a heck of a time with our service at home, when it is this hot my internet connection goes out a lot.)
Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #131  

Hi all,
I am really trying to get my water in too now. I have the weekend off and am busy trying to get the last 0.2% of the kitchen renos done. It is all just touch up stuff now, so we are definately on the home stretch.
I am trying not to weigh myself right now. I am so addicted to my scale that I put it away and am trying to ignore it. But today I put on my size 12 shorts that I could not get into last week.....and the zipped up without a struggle.
So I am feeling good about that. And I have hubby walking with me now. We are doing 2 miles on the beach a day. It is a good work out walking in the sand. And the dogs love it too!
Thanks to you EV and Sno, I am really feeling motivated and ready to roll again. You are great inspiration to me.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #132  

You go girl!!! My one downfall is regular exercise and the worst part is I love to workout but for some reason I have been so lazy lately that I just can't get my but in gear. I really need to start working on that.

I sure wish I had a place to walk on a sandy beach, when I moved to AZ that was the one thing I missed so. I lived in the Fingerlake Region of NY State and I use to go over and have lunch sitting along side the lake and of course you had lakes to go swimming in and streams galore so moving into a desert was really rough. I do like not having to shovel snow but I still haven't decided if it was worth having little or no access to running water and beaches.

I went out to visit my in-law's this weekend and my BIL asked me how much I lost, I really didn't think it was particularly noticable but he told me it looked like I had lost a lot more then 25 lbs.

Size 12
Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #133  

Default Tuesday!

Hi everyone:

hope you are having a fantastic nutrisystem time! I have been pretty busy but keeping up the weight loss like a house afire. I lost 4 lbs last week!

So with three lbs the week before and three lbs the week before I have lost 10 lbs in three weeks! I usually start stalling when I have lost 25+ lbs but on nutrasystem it is just not happening--I am actually losing more. It kinda makes me scared because i am afraid it will slow down!

Island; what a way to recover! Those shorts are an important milestone--it is the best when things start fitting!

E: that people are noticing! That is when it feels really good. I bet when you start getting regular with the exercise, you will really start shedding the pounds! You are lucky that you like exercise--I never have. Tho I love my hip-hop abs dvd!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #134  

WOW........ congrats you two. It is so nice when someone see the hard work we have been doing, good for you EV, and Sno look at you go! My gosh girl, you are almost half way there, 33 pounds!
I am off today and was hoping to have the kitchen completely finished, but I had a shower and OMG there was water all over the floor in the DINING ROOM, it was seeping out from the wall, so hubby had to cut a huge hole in my newly painted dining room wall and sure enough we had a water pipe rusted thru. He has gone to town now to get new pipes etc. So now the wall has to be patched, but the good thing is that he was able to make the cut below where we are putting the wainscotting, so it was not really a big damage. Just slowing things down with having the kitchen/dining room completely done today. We are so close, just little touch ups here and there and we will be finished. The the floor in the living room, put up the wainscotting and the living room is done too!!!!!
I am hanging strong on my diet, not cheating and feeling great. Still not stepping on the scale yet, but I am also still wearing my size 12!
Have a great July 4th!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #135  

Default walking

Hi all:

whew! It has been hot here. Yesterday we put up the airconditioner in the bedroom. today we got up early to do our walk while it was still shady but it is 83 right now at 7 am! We live on top of a mountain and below it is foggy--wish it was up here, it would cool things off for sure!

Things are going great! Still wondering when the fast weight loss will slow down. Am wearing my clown pants--the linen pants that are way too big. I went thru my wardrobe yesterday and found a few pair pants of smaller size that fit right now! Yipee! I am still not really into shorts tho--knees are too chubby.

Island: sometimes it is better not to weigh--after all it is not about the number it is about the size--right? Those size 12 shorts are much more of an indication than the scale--plus feeling good about your eating plan is another great indicator!

Have a wonderful day!

Sno