Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default checkin in!

Hi all;

I agree--life is good! It is so wonderful to feel confident about solving this problem I have tussled with for so long.

Janice--my hubby and I are both on the program too--it really helps that we are eating the same thing. He has been just kinda following the program and has lost 12 lbs in the last 6 weeks--I have been following it assiduously and have lost 20. He only has about 30 lbs to lose anyway. We are now walking together and planning meals to gether. It is nice!

Evangeline--tee-hee speaking off bars--they make them for me too! I just got a special deal on two cases of bars on Ebay. I got one case of fudge graham and one case of chocolate peanut butter both for lunch. I actually love the bars--with a salad and a piece of string cheese I feel like I have had a special lunch. And my snack of fruit and yogurt is not far off. My hubby loves the bars too. When I go out to lunch with a friend I bring my dressing and a bar, order a salad without dressing and an herb tea and eat my bar--I totally dont feel deprived and I can go out to lunch too. And on the days I get a starbucks nonfat sugarfree cinnamon dolce latte instead of my breakfast and lunch protein, I feel like I have had a special treat!

seeya!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #62  

Default Ps

The new pants I got for myself two weeks ago are already getting looser! I am wishing I got the next size down!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #63  
Sexy grandma

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EofAZ View Post
I'm with you Janice, I just love the ease of preparation. I started the program the first part of April and I'm down 18 lbs so far. I was stressing so much about my weight that I feel like I'm on vacation and all the stress has been removed and as an added bonus my clothes are starting to fit better.

Life is good.
We are doing 5 days on with weekends off. One thing I've noticed is that I've gotten back into the habit of eating healthy on the weekends. We usually follow South Beach on the weekends. Also, we don't drink nearly as much - confine drinking my favorite beverage - wine - only on the weekends. I'm down to where I was last summer, so at least my summer clothes will fit until I lose some more.
winelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #64  

Default Saturday!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Janice--you are brave going off on the weekends--I think I would be scared that it would get out of control!

Hey guys, do you think it would be cool if we sent each other buddy bucks? I mean it would save us some money on our next order, right?

Sno
Old 06-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #65  

Sno, the buddy bucks would be cool but I suspect they are for new clients only. AND I checked the scale this morning and if it is reading right I will make my 20 lb mark tomorrow during my "official" weigh-in. My scale is difficult so I always make sure i weigh the same two days in a row before i believe the scale. Like on Thursday I was up a lb but I didn't panic. I checked the scale the next day and it was gone plus some so right now I've lost 20lbs but I'll believe it if it shows up again tomorrow.

Janice -- I started ordering through QVC on the weekends off program but never did do the weekends off. After a couple of weeks I replaced it with the 28 day plan and ended up now switched to ordering direct from NS so I could select my own meals.

My DH is one of those people who wishes he could gain a little weight, if he gets on the scale and his weight is down he is as unhappy as I am when I gain. He is ultra supportive because he knows how I struggle and if I walk through the door at night over tired (a red flag for me tired and hungry are a bad combination) he'll fix his own meal so I can focus on mine. I'll fix some veggies while he grills a steak and we will share the veggies and each eat our own entree. I also keep frozen entrees for him in the freezer so he can grab one when I'm burned out at the end of the day (it happens alot).
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #66  

Default Monday weigh in

Hi Evangeline:

wow--I have just lost a bunch of weight this week--I was holding steady at 2 lbs a week and this week I lost 5 lbs! I am so pleased--now I have lost 23 lbs altogether in 6 weeks on nutrisystem. I get worried sometimes because it is going so easily--like the catch will come.

Good job on your weight loss--hard to have a deceptive scale. I finally broke down and bought a new one--I went to bed and bath and tried all the scales--getting on and off and then on again to see which ones weighed me most consistently. I settled on a thinner scale which was only about 20 bucks and it has been really consistent!

Thats cute about your DH--I cant relate to wanting to gain but it must be hard. My hubby was getting kinda slack on nutrisystem but now he is back on track. He has lost 13 lbs since we started but he has only 30 total to lose.

Lets try to buddy bucks--after all--if it doesnt go thru, no problem. We can exchange e-mails in a private message or something.

Have a great nutrisystem week!

Sno
3/3

Island--hope you are well!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #67  

Hello. Would love to join this group. I just ordered my NS today. I was doing South Beach for 2 weeks, with only a 2# loss. I think the stress is getting to me. So...trying this out. I have a few friends that have had success, so now it is my turn!
Hopefully, everything will be here by the end of the week. My fiance is doing the first month with me as moral support. I am hoping to lose 25#s in 4 months for our wedding. Keeping the fingers crossed!
healthy4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #68  

Welcome to the thread H4G – I just love this program. The only thing I caution you on is to not listen to what other people think about the food. Different people have different tastes and something that may not appeal to you may be really yummy to someone else. Also something you didn’t care for at first may taste really good after a couple of months. You get away from craving salt & sugar and the taste of everything changes. I can’t believe how wonderful fruit and veggies taste to me now.

If you should visit the NS boards there are a lot of people who like to talk about the things they don’t like. The fact is there is so much variety that you don’t need to like everything to find foods you do enjoy. I was so sure I would not want to use the chocolate milk because it wouldn’t be satisfying so I didn’t order it but I got it in with my free food. Oh my gosh, I just love that, I blend it with a few frozen strawberries and it is like having a big dish of soft service ice cream.

If you haven’t already gotten one from the friends you mentioned send Sno or I a private message with your e-mail address and we will get you a coupon to use on your first order. It is $30 and worth fussing with.

Twenty-five pounds is very doable, you may not loose as fast as Sno and I are because you don’t have as much to loose but it you follow the program 1.5 lbs a week would put you right at goal in 4 months.

Sno – Woo Hoo on the 5 lbs. Geez girl you are just flat melting away! I’m down a total of 20.2 lbs since Apirl 9th so I’m not unhappy. My scale did jump back up this morning but it was still a 2 lb loss from last week. I’ve been thinking about getting a new scale, this one calculates your body fat, water and weight for up to like 5 people but you usually need to take the best 2 out of 3 weights. I use to go to Weight Watcher’s and by doing the 2 out of 3 thing I normally matched right on with the Weight Watcher’s scale so if you know it’s tricks it is accurate and because of that I’m having trouble justifying buying a new one.

I have to agree, this program is the easiest thing I’ve ever done in my life. I feel absolutely no stress; the weight is just going away with almost no effort.

Islandgrrl – If you get to check in on us, I wanted to tell you there is a thread on the NS Website of RNs on NS that work 12 hour shifts. I was thinking if you checked in over there you might get some good ideas on how to balance your program while working your long hard hours.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #69  

Default WElcome!

H4G:

glad to have you here. Your 25 goal weight loss is very doable--like evangeline says you probably wont lose as fast as people who have a lot to lose--I started with needing to lose 98lbs. But you should lose it all in four months particularly with the fiancee helping. I think they say you will lose an average 1% of your total weight per week.

I prepared myself mentally to think it would be like airplane food and I found I liked it but more importantly it is working for me and helping me to get used to smaller portions. I also am getting used to having a lost of salads which keep me from getting hungry. It is very healthy I think. Also, I think both eve and I can send you coupons--the more the merrier right?

If you have any questions on the plan let us know--some of it can be a little confusing.

Eve: I think a nice steady 2lbs weight loss is the most desirable. I get suspicious when I lose 5 lbs because in the past I would then go into a stall and not lose anything for several weeks. Still I am happy for today to get below 240.

Have a wonderful nutrisytem day!

sno
Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #70  

Thanks for the welcome!

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have struggled so long so I am nervous that I will continue. But excited, because I think it will help with the overeating. Make sense?

Anyone care to share some meal plans? The extra fruit, veggies, dairy scares me a bit.

THANKS!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #71  

Default meal plans

Hi healthy:

I had the same reaction at first but then you get into how healthy all that is:

Here is a typical day for me:

1 liter of water before breakfast

Bk: nutrisystem cereal with milk or bar
1 cup yogurt with berries or raisins
herb tea

1 liter of water before lunch

L: ns entree
salad with lf dressing
string cheese

snk: cottage cheese with applesauce

1 liter of water before dinner

d: ns entree
salad lf dressing with 5 olives or fruit
steamed broccoli or tomato juice

after I do my evening exercises--dessert bar

On some days I will save two of my dairy servings--from breakfast and lunch usually and have a nonfat sugerfree cinnamon dolce latte from starbucks--a great treat.

Also I have learned to always have washed and cut lettuce in the fridge and then I can just take it out the lettuce, measure out the dressing and I am done!

All my friends know that when I go out to lunch I will only have salad with lite dressing (I bring my own for backup) and I bring a lunch bar,or I meet them for a starbucks. If I am going to be gone all afternoon I will also put a string cheese and an apple in my purse in case I get hungry for my snack.

Good luck! Keep us posted. You can also do things like a have celery for the salads. one time I went to a bbq and I grilled zucchini and put hot sauce on it--that was really good!

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 06-05-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:40 PM   #72  

My typical day is first thing I have a mug of water. (this is just the way I am I always wake up thirsty and I don’t allow myself anything else to drink until I have 16 oz of water. (pre NS it would probably have been a diet coke or two) I have a coffee machine that makes lattes so that is how I have my breakfast milk.

I drink a 16 oz bottle of water when I drive to work, (I have a long commute).

When I get to work I will have a cup of coffee with a NS breakfast bar and some fruit. Typically a banana, peach, apple or pear. I almost all the breakfasts but this is just easy to carry to work and have with a cup of coffee, not unlike having a donut.

Lunch: Is a salad, FF dressing, and an entrée. I can burn out on salad easy so a lot of the time I will pick a pasta entrée and have that served on a bed of lettuce. I probably eat half of my salads as a bed for my entrée. During lunch I fit in another bottle of water (16 oz). If I’m having tuna or chicken salad I add a few more onions and stuff tomatoes with it.

Afternoon: I will have some cottage cheese using my snack dairy and ½ of my lunch dairy so I can have a larger serving. If I had a whole banana at breakfast then I don’t have another fruit here but if I didn’t I will add pineapple or berries. I also may decide to have yogurt here, all depends on my mood. I’ve been known to make a smoothie but the kitchenette I use at work is in the conference center so if there are meetings going on I can’t really run my stick blender.

Dinner: I usually fix a package of frozen veggies and split with my spouse I’ll have my entrée (some times on a bed of lettuce). I use ICBINB Spray to season the veggies or some of the sauce from my entrée. (Yesterday I had the barbeque and rice and just used some of the barbeque on my green beans for a little seasoning.) I rarely have salad for supper unless I’m making a taco salad with my taco fixing. I’m more likely to drink a V8 while I’m fixing my DH’s entrée. I also nibble on 6 almonds while I’m cooking (my fat). I also have another large glass of water with my meal (16 oz).

I use the other ½ of my dairy left over from lunch to make an after dinner drink:
½ cup ff milk
4 tsp of ff/sf international coffee
1 pkg of splenda
Blend with stick blender adding ice until desired thickness.

Or if I’ve saved a fruit during the day I’ll leave out the coffee and blend some yogurt with frozen strawberries or a fruit blend for a smoothie. These I will sip while relaxing after dinner.

My NS Snack is saved as a reward just before I go to bed, those chocolate bars make me feel like I’m cheating they are just so wonderful. I don’t just eat those because I don’t want to burn out on them but they really do make you feel like you aren’t even close to being on a diet.

I have most of my struggle when I get home and I’m tired so I’ve stacked a lot of fixing and nibbling after work (i.e. dinner/after dinner drink/snack) I get home after 6:00 pm and am usually heading to bed between 8:30 and 9:00 pm. I'm a morning person and get up early bright eyed and ready to start the day. Because of this I typically schedule my exercising before work, along with any household chores I plan on getting done during the week. I have a lot more control during the day so that is where I keep the meals lighter. I have cookies and candy sitting at my desk for visitors and I have no desire to have any but if I walked into the house with them sitting on my coffee table during the evening and I was tire, even if they were some I didn’t like I would be into them because I was tired, not because I was hungry. For me it is all about feeling tired and then not wanting to think about what I’m putting in my mouth so as long as I have things ready to grab that don’t offer me an option for a second serving then I can stick with it.

So take a look at your life style and see where it is best for you. Some people do better if they heat dinner for lunch and lunch for dinner and then don’t eat anything after 6:00 or 7:00 pm. You need to take a look at yourself and see where you are your strongest and weakest and build your meals around that.

Also make sure you visit the NS boards. They have wonderful ideas on how to mix up your entrées when you feel like fusing around with your meal a little more. There are a couple of recipes using the pancake mix that are really good and that is where I got the idea of adding onions to my tuna. Also a lot of women like to sauté onions and/or bell peppers to add to the entrees. This is a good way to get your veggies in and bulk up the volume of the entrée. The NS boards are a wealth of information.

Hope some of this info helps.

Last edited by EofAZ; 06-05-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #73  

Food is scheduled for TODAY'S delivery!!! I can't wait to get home, and of course, I work a double today!!!!

Tomorrow starts my new healthy life!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #74  

Default yipee

Thats great healthy! I really hope you enjoy the plan.

I got a new box of food yesterday which was nice because we were getting low on selection. I rearranged all the foods into the pantry so we could see what we have.

this week has been going very well--I am still staying 100% on plan and feel really good about it. Exercising and stretching are also consistent. I have almost no cravings anymore--just keeping it going with nutrasystem. Having the food planned for me just makes me choose within the range of the food on the plan, not outside it.

I got some fabulous raspberries at the farmers market today and cant wait to have some with yogurt!

Have a great day everyone!

Sno
Old 06-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #75  

Ok Sno, I need some help/advise. How do I handle a trip this weekend to Disneyland? My Granddaughter is marching in the parade and we need to go see her. So we will be going to CA on Friday, spending Saturday and Disney and breakfast with my Step Daughter (Father's Day Breakfast) and then heading back home.

I've go a room with a microwave and refrig and that will cover Friday after we get there and I can probably even handle the breaksfast on Father's Day. But how do I keep up with everyone all day at Disney AND stay on plan. Hmmmm, maybe I could eat dinner for breakfast and then take breakfast and lunch and snack bars with me. I don't know if I will have access to salads and fruit at the park and I'm not certain how much they will allow me to carry in with me, I'll probably be lucky to get in with my NS bars.

I think I'll go home and see what dinner entree I have that could pass for a reasonable "brunch" meal.

Thx for letting me brainstorm.