Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Nutrisystem buddies?

Hi all:

just started nutrisystem today and am looking for some buddies to eat and lose with.

I have 98 lbs to lose and just wanted something that would take all the guess work out--and be a good price. have had breakfast so far and it seems okay.

Anyone else out there doing it?

I am excited!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I started NS on Monday. Doing really well. I have a friend who has been on it for a couple months now and is down over 50 pounds. She looks fabulous.
How do you like it so far?
islandgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #3  

Default Lovin Nutrasystem!

Hi Island girl--

I love it! 9 lbs so far after 9 days and it is so easy--plus all the fruit and veggies are great--it seems very healthy. A few of the foods are not my faves but it doesnt really matter--as long as I'm losing, that is the most important part!

How long did it take your friend to lose 50? I expect the weight loss to slow down now--I am in my second week.

Keep me posted on how you are doing!

Sno
Old 05-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #4  

Hi there
Good for you. 9 in 9! I haven't weighed in yet today and I just got home from work. I work 12 hour nights, and I am always heaviest after work, so will weigh in when I get up this afternoon.
My friend has been on NS for about 6 months. She averages 1.5 pounds a week now but loses every week, no plateau so far. She seems to be just melting away.
I don't like all the foods either but have some favorites and will just order those and not order the ones I don't like. I like that we can have fruit and veggies as well.
And I like the ease of the diet. Just pop in, nuke and eat...woohoo!
With my long shifts I don't like to cook or have a big prep time. I did try the Sonoma diet and it was good and healthy, but too darn much chopping and cutting and cooking and I just never had the time, and found it too easy to say forget it and get fast food. But with this, who needs fast food?
Keep in touch.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #5  

Default HIya!

Hi Island:

that is so cool about your friend--that would be great to be down 50 lbs in six months! It is inspiring.

I love the ease of the food too. My fave lunch bar is the chocolate graham. It is good enough to keep even when I am off the plan! This morning I made eggs and put too much water and they were very puffy--not much flavor but I ate them anyway!

Those 12 hours shifts sound hard--you must be tired. But I bet you get some extra days off, huh!

Have great weekend!

Sno
Old 05-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #6  

Default me again

I am hoping that six months will see me at goal as well, but I am sure that the rapid loss will slow down. I just have to keep motivated and not lose my resolve.
The 12 hours shifts are hard, but have done them for so many years I am used to them. I work a lot of hours in a week but that is mostly cause we are always short staff or some one does not pull their weight (no pun
But once we are up to staff, I will work 3 shifts a week and that will be nice with summer almost here. Not that it is not always summer here
Well I am going to have my macaroni & cheese & beef. It is my fav. I also like the low fat granola, and most of the soups but for the chicken noodle, it is too peppery and slimy. I hate the tuna and chicken salad, don't like the texture at all.
Talk to you later, keep strong. I am now down 7 pounds!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

ive been thinking about ns. how much does it cost? is it worth it?
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #8  

Default check it out

Hi Free:

Island and I have just started--I am on my 12th day and have lost 10 lbs--I have 88 to go.

For me it is a great plan so far. I have been trying to get on a diet for a while with no success. I find having my food all ready for me helps--I dont have to think about what to eat. Plus having bought it I dont want to cheat. You do supplement with dairy, fresh fruit and veggies. I think it is very healthy and do-able--I can take it anywhere I go because it does not need to be refridgerated and there is tons of variety. It is teaching me to eat smaller portions and to focus on salad as my free food. Most of the food is pretty good--I would equate it with average airline food.

They have a special now where if you go on auto-ship (where they ship you your food automatically each month) they give you 5 weeks with free shipping for $293. Then I can send you a coupon for $30 off if you give me your e-mail address. So that is 263 for 5 weeks. That is about $50 bucks a week which I think is very reasonable. The first week I spent about $100 bucks on extra stuff for the plan--this week I spent $30--for dairy veggies and fruit, fatfree dressing and stuff. So depending on what your food budget is right now you have to decide. It is much less than what I have been spending since I was eating out a lot. Plus you can cancel the autoship anytime and you can send back the food within 30 days if you dont like it.

Check out nutrasystem.com and see what you think. If you want the coupon you can send me your e-mail in a private message and let me know.

Island: I am down another lb--so that is 10lbs so far--and 2lbs so far this week--My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week but I wont complain if it goes to 1.5 like your friend. Yeah--the tuna casserole was gross--if I have anymore I am sending them back! I didnt really like the chicken soup too much but can tolerate it. I like the mac and cheese a lot and some of the beans...

Have a great weekend!

Sno
Old 05-04-2007, 11:39 PM   #9  

Default Yum!

Just had the ravioli with meat sauce--yum!! My new favorite.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #10  

Snow,
Woohoo, 10 pounds, you go girl. I haven't tried the Raviola yet, so I will have to.
Did not weigh in today. Worked all night and then had to teach CPR after work so did not get home until 3pm. Up for over 24 hours! I will weigh in tomorrow morning as I am off this weekend.
I know I did well thou, cause did not cheat ONCE......yippee!
The best part, no desire to cheat
I will let you know how I do tomorrow.
Keep up the good work and happy losing
Old 05-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #11  

Free,
I like NS for its simplicity. So easy to do, no cooking, weighing, measuring, just pop in the microwave and eat. It teaches portion control. For the first couple days my stomach thought my throat was cut, but I feel great now.
Of course a bit of a headache in the beginning from detoxing from sugar, but I have lots of energy now.
I have to lose 50 pounds and have tried every diet known to man, and by far this is the easiest and best I have tried.
Snow already gave you the money info so I won't bother with that again, but it is so nice to be delivered to the door and the only planning is picking your meal online
I love the fact you can also have fruit and salads and dessert if you want. I have not been eating the desserts right now as trying to do the sugar detox.
I am a sugar addict :0
I am a RN and this diet is healthy and we have a couple nurses in the hospital on it as well as me. I have a friend that has lost 50 pounds, she has just melted and loves it.
Good luck to you
Old 05-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #12  

Default sunday

Hi Island:

I can relate about being a sugar addict--tee-hee! I totally am enamored of the nutrisystem desserts. I really look forward to them. I admire your self control at not having that.

Tomorrow will be two weeks and I have lost 11lbs so far (hoping for one more by tomorrow!) I know it will slow down now but it has been fun having the big loss at the beginning.

Have a great day and talk to you soon!

Sno
Old 05-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #13  

Sno,
Good for you, you are rolling. Tomorrow it has been a week for me and I am down 8. I am slowing down thou already as no weight loss yesterday or today, but that is okay.
I feel better and the cloths are a bit looser as well.
I did have the mint chocolate bar last night and it was heaven.
It totally laid my sweet tooth to rest as it was raging yesterday
Islandgrl
Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #14  

Default Wednesday

Hi Island:

still going strong--I have been doing well on exercise this week--I kinda sluffed off last week due to the time of month. Down another two pounds--it just is so easy! So I have completed 16 days and gone down 13 pounds. Cant beat that!

I had the pasta fagioli the other night--I actually kinda liked it! You and I have different tastes I guess. Except for the chocolate!

Have a great week and dont work too hard!

Sno
Old 05-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #15  

Thumbs up

Hiya Snow,
Good for you, 14 pounds wow. I had a bit of a slip over the weekend. Went to a b'day party and had a small piece of cake. but I was proud that I stopped there. Also had some Panda express chow mein, but turned down the Cold Stone ice cream. So I did have a bit of a slip (my days off are hard cause we always go to town and eat out) But even with that I am still down a total of 9 pounds in 14 days on the diet, so I am really happy with it.
I agree with you, it is so easy to stick to and I like the food.
I had the veggie fajitas last night, and not too sure how I like them. They are nice and spicy which is good. I love the meatloaf and potatoes too.
Have a great day and keep up the good work, you are doing so well.
Islandgrl