Old 08-19-2016, 07:39 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome Dogtastic! Jump right on in and tell us more about yourself. Are you going to do Zero Carb or just eliminate white carbs?

Monte Cristo I have read that the 14 day induction is important to get all the carbs and carb cravings out of your body. I have a hard time following induction to a T. I end up adding veggies that shouldn't be eaten until OWL. Also, I don't see the big drop others see because I'm already eating on the low carb side. Good luck this time!

Rosinante, I hope you are able to improve your sleep. I can usually fall asleep quickly but have trouble staying asleep all night, or falling back to sleep after I wake up. Mostly I try doing deep steady breathing to relax myself and clear my mind. I can fall asleep very easily with the TV on, as long as it's a talk show and not a sitcom. I am jarred awake by the canned laughter. I would like to learn to fall asleep without any outside influence.

PQ do you go back to school on Monday? Our local school go back next week but I'm not sure what day.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 08-19-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Good weekend everyone! Carol Sue I am back in Monday.... Boo!

Yesterday, nine of us ladies from my school went on a mini wine tour of two local places. I had s mani/pedi before I met up with them. I don't drink too much wine but had a glass of champagne at the one closest to my house and bought a bottle to bring home. Then hubs and I went went out to eat at the new Mexican in town. I only had a small dinner and water but felt too full after.

Break - skipped
Lunch - 2 skimpy slices of "pizza"
Snack - cheese, bread, crackers, savory jam
Dinner - mini chicken street tacos, chips/salsa......I should have had one or the other, not both
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #333  

Break - skip
Lunch - cheeseburger
Dinner - boneless pork chop, leftover quinoa/rice w/broccoli-pepper Cajun sauce, garden salad
Snack - strawberry bellini

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 08-20-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 235/135

Height: 5'4"

joining you
I have a friend who lost 60 lbs slow carving, I suddenly jumped 10 lbs and am a bit scared, so I'm motivate to learn.
227/236/130
keepnsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #335  

Dogtastic & keepnsane, welcome!!!

Things look a little deserted here in Lowcarbville I went back to school this week and have skipped breakfast every day without too much whining from my belly. My dept. eats at 10:44 am anyway, so it's not much of a sacrifice for me. I am eating larger lunches (still fairly healthy) and the same dinner. We usually finish dinner by 6 and I never snack through the week. On the weekend, I'll probably still have breakfast like I used to. I'm down over half a pound below my personal best finally! I've not been able to get below it....have been stuck since April 30th, I think. I'd gained and lost the same five pounds a few times all summer.

Yesterday...
Lunchfast - two slices homemade pizza (roma tomatoes, onion, turkey pepperoni, swiss/provolone mixture)
Snack (after school) - one Miller 64 beer
Dinner - Cinci 4-way w/onion over spaghetti

Today....
Lunchfast - last night leftover, but less of
Snack - two kiwis
Dinner (planned) - New York strip steak, oven fries, garden salad
Old 08-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 235/135

Height: 5'4"

Well, I lost 3 pounds overnight so that must have been water retention, so I'm not quite as panicked
Breakfast: 3 eggs, 3 slices, sprinkle of cheese, coffee with splenda & ff half & half
Lunch: protein shake

Last edited by keepnsane; 08-26-2016 at 02:17 PM. Reason: update
keepnsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:19 AM   #337  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I've persisted with The Honey Diet. By the end of the first week, my weightloss had reversed a bit, giving me 4.4lbs over the week. I've lost 6.9lbs in 2 weeks, which I'm very happy about. Over the previous couple of months I'd re-gained 25lbs (finally did the maths instead of approximating optimistically) , so it's not new weightloss but it's a good start at beating it back.
My sleep has been a lot better too. I wonder if it was the big drop in carbs that was meddling with it? I'm still eating around 100-120g carbs a day but compared to the Bingefest of the previous few months (but oh, it tasted So Good!) that must still be a huge drop. Last week wasn't wonderful - though still far more than many people get, and far FAR more than I got in the dreaded Anxiety/Depression/Insomnia days of 2013 - but this week I'm averaging 7hrs 49mins of sleep, with a 95% sleep efficiency (God bless fitbit!)

Wannabehealthy, I know what you mean about wanting to be able to fall asleep without external influences - I mean, I'm enjoying the hot honey drink but don't want to feel too dependent on it, or I'd never be able to go away on holiday for fear of not being able to have it. I'm trying to make reading my Kindle briefly my signal to go asleep, it's far more likely that I'll have my Kindle with me on holiday than that I'd carry a jar of honey with me!!

Big hugs and good luck to all xx
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:08 AM   #338  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

It's gone very quiet ~ How is everyone doing? Hope you're all ok
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:14 PM   #339  

Hi everyone! I've been pretty exhausted every night but still find time to read a few posts. I've been sticking to the IF 16:8, sometime the fast is longer by a little bit but very seldom s it less. I am losing even though I had an extended perimenopausal Aunt Flo visit. Getting old is a *****. I'm still eating the same foods, minimally processed real food, but in just two meals usually. I find it easier to stay within my calories and feel full at the same time.

Found out tonight my best school buddy has breast cancer, she's three years younger than me. She's talking to a surgeon tomorrow.

Laters.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #340  

I'm checking in to say that I'm OK, but not doing great weight wise. Up and down the same 5 lbs over and over.

Sorry to hear about the friend, PQ. Glad to hear you are still doing well with your food. It seems to be a firm habit for you now. That's good. I'm having trouble with my elbow. Every time I bend it my mouth opens.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:53 PM   #341  

Evening all! Just got back from a ladies' night out in a nearby town known regionally for antique and other neat shops. Neighbor and I had dinner and watched the band playing in the street then visited shops.

Lunch - pasta w/ham, peas, and mushroom sauce
Dinner - wings, sweet potato fries, 2 Miller 64 beers
Old 09-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #342  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Is there a page 6? Id love to jump in
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:47 AM   #343  

Hi Wannabecute. There is no page 6. A new page doesn't start until we reach 500 posts and we are only at 343. It's just been really slow here lately, many posters have left. But you are welcome to jump in and post a message. You just might liven the thread up again.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #344  

I'm here! I'm still sticking to IF and like it. I still count calories but find it easier to stay within my limit eating two meals a day. I was at 137.0 lbs last Sunday, but went up and now coming back down even though I've not "cheated." I've been reading about dieter's edema and the "whoosh" effect in the past few days.....seems to be what's going on with me. The closer you get to goal or the less you have to lose, the more non-linear your weight loss becomes. I'm sticking with it no matter.

Hi everyone! Welcome WannaB2cute.....Carol Sue I hope you're taking care of that elbow Rosinante how is your plan going? Jacqui I hope all is well in your world....where are you?

It's soooo quiet around here. I take that as folks aren't progressing and don't want to talk about it OR they're doing SO well, they don't need the forum ..........I have to admit I've been spending a lot of time lately over at MFP. I cant stand seeing all the stupid juvenile threads started about married chats, would you kiss the person above you, massage, blah, blah, blah. But other than that you get good advice and the facts over there, no sugar coating anything and not too much whining....that's why I don't post much!

I found two 2-lb hand weights in my garage yesterday. I forgot I had them. They were in a box of junk I bought at an auction who knows when. They will be going with me on my future walks

My friend is having mastectomy surgery followed by no chemo/radiation (most likely). She has MRI this week and then scheduling.

My mom is still obsessed with my weight loss and told my bro I'm losing too much! But two days before that told me on a face call with them both that she would love to be where I'm at. Bro said she's acting like a junkie with the food and he's worried she's going to have a heart attack. Good news is my step dad has decided they need a motor home or an RV so they can start traveling the country. (Mom has wanted to do this for awhile now.) Now that bro is self-sufficient he can stay with 98-year-old grandpa (who is self sufficient as well but no one wants to leave him alone).

Anyway, bring on autumn!

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 09-12-2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: big typo
Old 09-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #345  

Hi PQ. Sounds like you're still doing good with your diet. I've had whooshes and it's usually when I'm not eating much carb, but never heard of the term "dieter's edema." I guess we hand on to water weight from time to time.

I think when people tell you you're losing too much weight it's usually that they need to lose and haven't done as well, so far. They get used to seeing you at a certain weight and get used to it, even if it's not good. I'd love to have someone tell me I'm losing too much, just once!!! LOL I'm glad your Bro is doing well after that terrible string of surgeries he went through.

How's school going?