Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hello everyone.

Veem congratulations on another pound lost; hope you would never find it again, lol. Enjoy your quesadilla tonight. The pictures looked so delicious on Amber's blog. Absolutely, Amber is the great role model. But so are you, to us new comers. You are over half way to your goal. Way to go.

cutesmile, I have noticed that when I drink water throughout the day, I feel more in control. I could not drink water to save my life a few months ago, but now that it is hot outside, I just want to drink and drink, and I truly think that has helped me not crave this or that or over indulge. You are going to do great this week.

Hi Philigirl. Welcome. My first few days on this routine I too eat more sugar than 16g but since I was writing everything down I realized that I could easily half my Fage yogurt to bring my sugar down to 16g. Don't be disappointed, just look at your menu today and see what you can replace or reduce so that in the next few days you have your sugar intake under control. And in the mean time you are still going to lose. My numbers starting Monday of last week (my first week) were as follows: 20/6, 19/4, 16/6, 14/3, 15/5, 15/4, and 15/6. Today with my planed dinner is going to be 15/6 as well. And even with this inconsistency I still lost 3.4 pounds. You are going to get a hang of it in couple of days. Good luck.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

Rachelearth,

Thanks for replying. I think that I've read almost every post in this thread. They have been very encouraging and I have decided to really follow the guidelines of this program this week. Except, this Friday I have an amazing dinner meetup with friends and I won't even pretend that I will stick to the program. We will have a celebrity chef serving us 5 courses with wine pairings so...yeah, that's going to be a bad day. I will try to eat very light proteins before the dinner.

Also, I am traveling for business this week and find it difficult but not impossible to eat on plan. This morning in the hotel the breakfast does not include anything that I can eat so I'll have to wait until I go out. In the future I may have to bring a few portions of dry cereal (yuck). Not eating for long periods of time can be as bad as overeating because it slows the metabolism.

I have been reading the jorgeandme or meandjorge blog and it is very helpful.

Thanks again to all of you for your contributions and I hope next week when I post results I would have lost a bit of weight.

Enjoy the day!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #408  

Philigirl, having social engagement is inevitable; we are not going to be able to eat our own diet friendly food all the time. I think the S/C guideline could help us choose the best and healthiest food choices. The people who were in Jorge’s coaching group last year started their 12-week program in October. They went through the holidays and still lost weight. And most of them are still going strong. That is why I think we are going to be successful on this program as well, since nothing is off limits, not even sugar, lol, we just have to have maximum of 15g of it a day, 5g at a time, lol, and make sure not to eat anything else that has any sugar in it, lol. But seriously, since I started BFC I have not bought anything special, my grocery list is still the same as it has been. I don’t make any special meal for myself. I eat the same thing that my family eats. I am just more aware of the sugar content of the food and if one item has more sugar I make sure the rest of the ingredients have almost none and I only eat enough not to go over the 5/2 ratio for each meal.

Anyhow have fun Friday, I am sure you are going to make the best choices with the food you are served.

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-13-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #409  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Philigirl,

WELCOME and congrats on joining the BFC lifestyle! I travel a LOT for work so I have some experience with hotel food, BFC on the go, etc.

For your big dinner: Try to stay LOW on sugar and carbs before the big meal. If I know I'm having a big night out with friends and food I might not know the ingredients of, I try to control what I can earlier in the day. I do eggs and bacon or other non-carby breakfast and coffee with sugarless heavy whipping cream. For lunch, I will usually grab a caesar salad with no croutons or an Un-wich from Jimmy John's (a sub sandwich in a lettuce wrap rather than on bread).

It is true even though 15/6 is the count for the day, we are supposed to keep it to no more than 5/2 per meal to keep insulin in check. However, sometimes we don't know what will be in our meals that are prepared for us-- so we need to prepare ourselves for the overages.

When at a hotel for work, I usually see if there will be a mini fridge in my room. In which case I will bring string cheese to tide me over until I can get some belly friendly food in me. I also bring almonds with me wherever I go as they do not require refrigeration.

Once the plan becomes a lifestyle for you, this level of planning will become second nature, but I hope some of my experiences will help you out!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 171/154/149

Height: 5'7"

I totally agree with Rachel and Txalupa. They've got some sage advice.

I often face the party food situation. It really made me anxious in the beginning because I never realized how much my life revolved around food. Now that I know I can handle whatever a party throws at me, I feel much more comfortable going to functions and eating out. I try to remember the feeling I get after I am strong enough to make smart choices. That feeling is a great one and I remind myself that I never find myself wishing later that I had indulged in _____ (fill in the blank.) That was worded weird, but I hope you all get what I'm trying to say.

I also have a container of almonds in my car that have been a diet-saver many times.

I have to admit, though, that I hate when there is a free breakfast in a hotel or something similar and there is nothing BFC friendly. I guess that's the cheap part of me that hates spending money when I don't have to. But I think I've come to accept that cheap/free is not always going to be good for me.

Hope the celebrity chef dinner is awesome, Philigirl!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 226/197/135

Height: 5'2

Default 1st Week On Belly Fat Cure Diet Results

Ok, First I wanna say, I thought this was going to awesome for me due to the fact that he showed you how to turn a sloppy food into a healthy meal and that's just what caught my eye. And I also love how he educates us all on how to stay away from hidden sugars which is in all our everyday foods and beverages, I also love the idea of sticking to 15g of sugar or less daily with the 6 servings of carbs.

My only problem is it is now my week one today Tues Jul 13th 2010 LOL. And my scale has gone up by two lbs from 202lbs to 204lbs. And hearing all the good results from everyone else on just about any site it's shocking & upsetting!! But I've been picking three meals from the book daily one breakfast, one lunch, and a dinner.

Can Anyone Help Me Figure Out What Could Be Going Wrong?? I am only drinking Zevia Soda (Which Jorge Recommended) & Water, And A Occasional Arizona Diet Tea Which I have a ton of unfortunately being it has Splenda in it which is bad for you. But I had ordered alot of the tea from my Arrowhead Delivery Service Prior to going on this diet, but I either need some awesome advice from someone regarding this or I am going to be forced to find another diet, being I am scared to continue to see my scale go up.

Maybe Should I do his no excuses meal planner but then I am afraid to be hungry, Or should I just stick to one of his plans he has in the book instead of picking any three of his meals as I've been doing.

Thanks
Jamilah
lilweezycarter82
Old 07-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #412  

Txalupa, great suggestions. Thank you.

Veem, that is so funny. I too do the same thing. I remind myself how uncomfortable I felt last time that I overeat or eat too much fat or too much sugar and I stop myself. The mental preparation helps so much.

Hi Jamila, welcome. From what you have said you are not doing anything wrong. I haven't drank Zevia soda but reading other posters, seems that they have Zevia occasionally and it hasn't affected their weight loss. I would give up the Arizona Diet Tea if you know that it contains Splenda, not that is going to affect your weight loss, but just like you mentioned it is not good for you. And take into consideration that our body is mostly water and women especially retain water a lot. Has your meal been salty yesterday? That could easily gain you couple of pounds of water. My only suggestion is that consistency wins. Give this routine another week, pay more attention to your servings and salt intake, increase your water a bit, drink only water this week and I am sure next week not only you are going to see this 2 pounds gone, a few more are going to follow it.

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-13-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #413  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelearth View Post
Txalupa, great suggestions. Thank you.

Veem, that is so funny. I too do the same thing. I remind myslef how uncomfortable I felt last time that I overeat or eat too much fat or too much sugar and I stop myslef. The mental preparation helps so much.

Hi Jamila, welcome. From what you have said you are not doing anything wrong. I haven't drank Zevia soda but reading other posters, seems that they have Zevia occasionally and it hasn't affected their weight loss. I would give up the Arizona Diet Tea if you know that it contains Splenda, not that is going to affect your weight loss, but just like you mentioned it is not good for you. And take into consideration that our body is mostly water and women especially retain water a lot. Has your meal been salty yesterday? That could easily gain you couple of pounds of water. My only suggestion is that consistency wins. Give this routine another week, pay more attention to your servings and salt intake, increase your water a bit, drink only water this week and I am sure next week not only you are going to see this 2 pounds gone, a few more are going to follow it.
I certainly hope please pray for me LOL!!! And Stay In Touch Keep Me Posted of your results even if you have to add me to your facebook my name is Jamilah Jones so you can search for me on there, So far you are the only one that has made me feel better regarding this diet.

Thanks
Jamilah
Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #414  

I am so glad you are feeling better about this diet. You and I started at the same time, you on Tuesday and I on Monday, we are both going to be successful, I am sure of it.

Six years ago I started LCing and coming here and getting/giving support made me successful in losing and I made goal. I am hoping that I can replicate 2004 again in this regard.

Come back and post often, you are going to feel motivated and good about BFC.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #415  

Great advice everyone and I appreciate it. Jamilah, please do not hop around on diets, I did, and I found that I gained more weight and spent more money.

Last week I bought the Fat Loss for Idiots diet (I think that's what it's called) I believe it is a great way to jump start weight loss but impractical for use as an everyday lifestyle change. Please reach out to me if you would like me to give you access to my online account. I was feeling desperate when I bought it because I was not following the BFC correctly and feeling low. I spent a little over $50 dollars for something I am not using.

I went into the goal section of this board and it really motivated me. I like looking at the pics because recently it became difficult for me to see myself thinner or healthier. It's been especially tough as this spare tire continues to form around my belly and my breast grow out of control. I can not fit my clothes.

Yesterday, I had a really good day even while traveling for work and I plan to do the same. I see Xtalupa recommended traveling with almonds, which I brought with me this week. Yesterday, I went too long without eating and was about to throw anything in my mouth until I remembered I brought the almonds. I am a huge Hilton Garden Inn/Hampton/Hilton traveler and most times there are mini fridges in these rooms. I am going to grab some cheese sticks for snacks as well.

Also, I decided not to drink wine while on my travel this week even though I know I can have one or two 5 oz glasses.

Baby steps, baby steps.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #416  

Default Am I reading this wrong?

Hello all,

I had lunch today at Joe's Crab Shack - don't think we have that where I live. I skipped breakfast again this a.m so I was hungry. I ordered twelve steamed shrimp with Old Bay seasoning for starters. Then I ordered grilled salmon no sauce, steamed broccoli (which had lots of butter on it) and a side of green beans.

I was more nervous about the green beans than I was about the broccoli. I actually tasted the sweetness of the green beans so I made sure I ate a cup or less.

Now when I got back to my book and looked up all the values it turns out that for that full meal 4/1.

Also, how much does portion size matter? If I eat 12 naked wings I know that does not have carbs or sugars but should I cut the portion to half - If so, I'll be hungry.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Philigirl; 07-14-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philigirl View Post
Great advice everyone and I appreciate it. Jamilah, please do not hop around on diets, I did, and I found that I gained more weight and spent more money.

Last week I bought the Fat Loss for Idiots diet (I think that's what it's called) I believe it is a great way to jump start weight loss but impractical for use as an everyday lifestyle change. Please reach out to me if you would like me to give you access to my online account. I was feeling desperate when I bought it because I was not following the BFC correctly and feeling low. I spent a little over $50 dollars for something I am not using.

I went into the goal section of this board and it really motivated me. I like looking at the pics because recently it became difficult for me to see myself thinner or healthier. It's been especially tough as this spare tire continues to form around my belly and my breast grow out of control. I can not fit my clothes.

Yesterday, I had a really good day even while traveling for work and I plan to do the same. I see Xtalupa recommended traveling with almonds, which I brought with me this week. Yesterday, I went too long without eating and was about to throw anything in my mouth until I remembered I brought the almonds. I am a huge Hilton Garden Inn/Hampton/Hilton traveler and most times there are mini fridges in these rooms. I am going to grab some cheese sticks for snacks as well.

Also, I decided not to drink wine while on my travel this week even though I know I can have one or two 5 oz glasses.

Baby steps, baby steps.
You Can Add me to facebook if you want so you can send the info for accessing your account for that site. My Name on facebook is Jamilah Jones and I am in Scottsdale, Az. Or You Can Send the info to me through here some kind of way that's if I can even receive private messages on here, But Do you think I should just stay on Jorge's diet and just alter a few things around to promote fat loss??
Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #418  

Philigirl, I don't know the answer to your question. I don't have the book but have read on some of the blogs that there are some errors in the book regarding the S/C values. I have found couple of errors in the 50 page document that was posted pre-publication including the number for Fage yogurt which is stated to be 5/1 while the full fat is 6/1, and 2% is 8/1. Anyhow, I believe Jorge has put all the correct values on a document and the link is in his facebook page. I was wondering if you might be able to find the nutrition values on the restaurant’s website? I noticed that some restaurants have started doing that. Also check out calorieking.com I have found them to be very accurate.

Jamilah, why would you want to alter this routine? It works as is. If I were you I would not alter anything at first. If by any chance after a few months you hit plateau and you could no longer lose then I would change a thing or two. But now, I would just stick to it as closely as possible. It works.

Also I was looking for some reading materials and came across this post http://www.ryansincredibleworld.com/...t-in-december/ it is an old post written before the book came out. I was actually very impressed by the way he was answering all the new people’s questions, very thorough. I just glanced at it, but tend to go back and read everything very carefully.

How are you guys doing?

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-14-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #419  

Height: 5'8

Talking Starting BFC Today ~ Glad to Find Support

Blessings Everyone,
I am delighted to have found this site & your thread. I realize buddies/ supporters are important and I don't really have either for this journey. I have ready many of your posts and enJOY your comments. I orderd the book yesterday, but happened upon the First Magazine when I moved my couch to vacuum. LOL I had started a MEDICALLY monitored diet program June 6th. When I came home and saw the large amount of sugar (20 gr.) in each shake and was instructed to drink 5-6 shakes a day I couldn't in good conscious continue with this program. Yes, I lost 8 pounds the 1st week, but that is equal to 1/2 c. of sugar a day! YUCK! So here I am ready and willing. I am becoming a recluse do to weight & lack of mobility (2 knee replacements & back surgery) So I am very grateful to have found ALL of YOU.
With Appreciation,
Linda
Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #420  

Hi Linda. Welcome. So glad you decided to join us. I wish you lots of success on your journey.
Closed Thread