Old 05-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #61  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Faerie Congrats on the excellent loss!!! Very inspiring! Great job, you are halfway there!

Kel Thanks Hey, ever try a bit of juice in your water? I like straight, no sugar cranberry juice (the "just" cranberry kind) about 4 oz cranberry to 28 oz water. But I like tart stuff! Lemon juice or lime juice also works pretty well for me.

Last edited by Manick; 05-09-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #62  
Made of Starstuff

Default Friday 5/9 !!!! ~*~*~*~

Mornin’ Flexers

Suite – I hope your “scale”ing is a positive experience this time around. And you know where it needs to go if it doesn’t turn out!

Kim – How was your dancing?

Lizzy – I <3 this board, too. I might be biased (just a bit, right? ), but it’s also my favorite. I check here first to see what people are up to! Still sending happy thoughts to you!

Chey - Grandma! Wonderful news So glad to hear things are good with the granddaughter. Glad you made it through those tests

Manick – Mmmm… artichokes… I enjoy your ideas about a hot bath & muscle rub! (Did hubby know he was going to be giving you one? )

Keli - May your laundry be clean & good smelling Ahh, I can’t wait for the day that I have my own washer/dryer .

---
This past week has felt right. Know what I mean?

I’m handling things alright. Going through my lists of things to do… actually getting stuff done… and it seems that everything is just falling into place for the time being. I realize they wouldn’t be falling into place if I wasn’t making the effort, but it’s nice to know that it’s working out. (Like having a good week and losing a pound or two )

Speaking of losing, I did lose 2.2 last night. So yay! I’m now solidly more than halfway to goal. Gosh it is so nice to look at my ticker and see that. I’m into a new decade… the 230’s. One less Point to eat. (Everyone knows that’s a bittersweet thing hee hee)

Random Question:
Do you gals have a favorite fragrance or scent?

My all time favorite for the ladies is LoveSpell (Victoria Secret). I also like things that smell like cakes & sweets. I hate to admit this, but I really liked Jessica Simpson’s line of fragrances because they smelled like something I could eat. And she had one that was Butterscotch. Butterscotch anything is my favorite. It’s my favorite sweet of all time, I could eat an entire bag of butterscotch morsels and wash it down with 10 glasses of Buttershots. And I swear if you met me in person you’d know how difficult it is for me to admit that I like anything made by a PopTart. (Referring to Jessica Simpson… actual pop tarts are tasty & delicious and I would never deny enjoying them. )

For the gender neutral I like CK One. And especially cheap imitation CK One that you can buy for like 5 bucks … since you can’t trademark an actual fragrance! Yay!

For the gentlemen: Curves (For Men). If a man wears this I will stalk him around. *Note to self… buy this for fiancé…* *Extra note to self… forget fiancé…buy this to spray in the air whenever I want to smell it…*

Have a great day everybody!!!!

Last edited by Lovely; 05-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #63  
The Last 10lbs!

Don't have time for individual replies right at the moment (will come back and do that later tonight) but wanted to jump in and talk about my new favourite scent It is Guess by Marciano. You can get it at Guess stores. It smells absolutely fantastic. Another nice one is CK In2U. I have only just had that one as a little tester, though it did smell really nice. Neiges by Lise Watier is lovely too. It was my first perfume and I still love it!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

Kim - That is too funny about the EVOO! I had that same confusion when I first started seeing it, but then I think someone actually said it to me that way (instead of saying olive oil, they said EVOO) and in context it totally clicked. Hope you had fun at dance class!

Sonja - Yep, me too! I hardly go anywhere else anymore. I <3 the flexers!

Chey - Congrats! I'm sure she's just beautiful. You must be so proud I haven't adjusted my points down to the next lowest level yet either... I'm so reluctant to let go of that point! Maybe next week I'll do it... maybe....

Manick - he looks like the modest type my DH is the same way, I tell him he's handsome or what have you and he's just like, Really? Okay. I don't tell him too often, don't want to grow that male ego of his That sounds great about biking to see your neices, what a great way to get there! Good for the environment too! How do you make your artichokes? I tried to make an artichoke soup once and I had NEVER handed fresh artichokes before. I didn't extract the heart properly and the soup ended up being stringy and fibrous (gross)... and it went into the trash.

keli -

Faerie - on the loss this week! You're doing so awesome, I'm so happy for you!

As for the favorite scent... I usually just use body spray things from bath and body works. I have a "citrus basil" one that I use right now, it smells really nice and clean to me. I don't tend to like perfumes, especially floral perfumes. I have a perfume DH bought me once that I do like, but it's from Brazil and I forget what the name is (but the company is O Botanico! I remember that!). I think for me it's just a matter of exposure - if I have it and smell it often enough I will like it, but just smelling things in stores doesn't do anything for me.

As for man-smells, as much as I hate the stupid Axe body spray commercials, I really really love the way it smells on a guy... er, on DH. My friend Dave always smelled really good but I forgot what he said he used... it might have been a CK...

Overdid it again last night... This week has been really tough for whatever reason! We'll see what the scale holds for me tomorrow morning... I have absolutely no expectations but we shall see. At least I've been getting consistent exercise this week for the first time in my life so hopefully that's helping to offset a little of the damage I've been doing.

We had one heck of a thunderstorm here last night. I actually jumped up and ran into the relative comfort of DH's arms at one point, I was sitting in front of a window and I swear the lightning was in my backyard. It felt so close, and the thunder was deafening. Then our power went out and I got myself all freaked out. I can be so silly sometimes, I still get scared of thunderstorms! My poor kitties didn't know what to do with themselves.

I was mad yesterday because the weather man said it'd be raining all day, and it didn't rain til the late evening. I didn't bring my bike to work based on the assumption that it would be raining while I ride, which is unpleasant. Well it didn't rain and I didn't have my bike, so that was lame. (I'm really loving riding home.) Today looks to be shaping up the same way - weather man said it would rain all day. It was gloomy this morning. I didn't take my bike. I just looked out the window - it's freakin' SUNNY. If it doesn't rain from like 5pm-5:20pm I'm gonna be mad, and I'm NEVER trusting the stupid weather forecast ever, ever again. We're breaking up.

Have a good day everyone!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #65  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Morning Flexers!

I am SOOO sore today! uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh....the sound of me whining for the last hour! And such a caffeine addict.... I am sure I will feel better in about 3.4 minutes
I am determined to work out again today, the sun is peeking out so I am going to take the dog for a quick 20 min walk around the neighborhood and come back and do my arm workout with weights. Fighting for weight loss...no slacking for me!

Faerie So glad everything is clipping along for you, that must feel good when things fall into place and get checked off, I am sure all your efforts will pay off.

Fragrance for me, hm. I really love smelly stuff but it does not always love me. I have the worst allergies and asthma and since I now live with DH's lovely little dog (a Welsh Corgi with enough fur to cover 14 German Shepards! which I get allergy shots to combat) I have to sort of limit more allergens. Most commercial fragrances trigger something in me, either itchy eyes, asthma or etc. Which is sad, cause I do like them! When I was in college I worked at the men's fragrance counter in a big department store. I would hire my buxom friends to be fragrance models and wear the dorky t-shirts the companies gave out with a super short mini-skirt to spray test shots on customers. Yep, it worked

I can use Yardley English Lavender or pure lavender waters or lavender oils. I like to put a few drops of Essence Of Vali, a wonderful non-staining oil, on bed linens, it is fabulous. I also like Body Drench Lotion-the original, which smells like baby-powder and freshness. Love candles too, but usually stick to pure beeswax or Pacifica soy candles their Mexican Chocolate scent is divine smelling! On Men/DH I really like Pour Monsieur by Chanel, the light aftershave, it is wonderfully complex with even a hint of nutmeg!

Fragrance is such a powerful trigger, dryer sheets, soaps, fresh cut grass...all that can evoke all sorts of sense memories for me!

Suite It is hard isn't it?! Trying to achieve all over balance? The JB challenge is kicking my rear into gear, but OY...yes, again with the complaining from me...I guess it's a good sore, means I'm working those muscles! Good for you for getting the daily exercise in! Eating...yeah...some days are just like that! I have whole weeks that are just sorta like that!

But speaking of eating...and since you asked here is some info on Artichokes!!! I am a sort of cheerleader for vegetables I guess...
Manick's Artichoke Ramblings
And this is a great pictorial of how to prepare them from the California Artichoke growers Artichokes.org (gotta love that name!) and recipes there too--warning--you'll have to modify most for WW but it is pretty easy to glean some great ideas here! The creamy Thai dipping sauce is the next one I'm going to try!

The weather here is NOW turning nastyish clouds rolling in (I'm in Oregon) grr...in the last 10 minutes! Grrr.....I never believe the weather people here either! I better get moving! Coffee has kicked in! Downed my first liter of water for the day...I will have to race to beat my bladder now
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies,
Well, I’m feeling ready to be back full steam!!

Manick -- yay new ride!! And yes, hubby is a cutie, and he looks really kind, too (maybe it’s the beard?)!
Faerie – Thanks again for sending me good thoughts! As for the fragrances, I have historically been anti-smells. I mean, fake smells, like perfumes and air fresheners, they really don’t do anything for me. I usually only notice them if they’re bothering me! I think it may also stem from years of allergies, meaning that my nose was perpetually stuffed so I couldn’t smell anything anyway. Now, I’m just glad it’s one small thing that I avoid buying! I’m also always so fascinated by what they do with house smells these days. Smellscapes?? Lightshows?? Plug-ins with fans attached?? REALLY?? But that wasn’t really your question, was it. I guess the point is that I do not have a favorite scent!!
Freedom – hi!!!
Jaime – yay for you on the biking!! I was thinking, reading your post, can’t you bring your bike with you anyway? If it does end up raining, could you leave it at work? That way, it’s there for you the next day, or whenever the sun comes out. I guess that wouldn’t really work on a Friday, but just a thought!

OK, I am only responding to this latest page (you gotta set some kind of limits, right??) but hi to everyone I missed!!
As for me, my week of bingeing started off as sort of a power trip, but since yesterday, it’s been more of a loss of control. So, like Jaime says, I’m going to switch my “hard” back to being healthy again, because the hardness of eating too much and drinking too much and smoking too much has lost its glimmer. I think I’ll spend some time tonight finding some new recipes, and maybe hit the grocery store tonight (ah, my life, grocery shopping on a Friday night!).
What’s really funny? I’m signed up for a 5K on Sunday!! Haha I haven’t exercised for about a week, much less gone jogging!! So, I doubt I’ll beat my last time, but I’ll be happy if I can maintain a jog throughout.
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #67  
lots of fun!

SCENTS ahhh haha i am perfume obsessed. mostly body sprays. funny enough for like perfume scents i actually always think the pop star ones are really good. HAHA. for some reason i LOVE the hilary duff one. and i'm also big on j lo glow. other than that LOVE SPELLLLLL is so so good. for more perfumey ones from victoria's secret i'm obsessed with desire. GO SMELL IT! it's funny cause i went to a red sox game one day. and the funny part is that i had on this perfume for about 5 hours or more before this lady smelled me. and i was buying SMELLY NASTY DISGUSTING greasy ball park food at her register she she's like OMG YOU SMELL SO GOOD!! what is that? i told her desire and she was like "well you surely will catch everyone's desire with that smell." i'll never forget it.. haha it was strange. but it's really good. yeah. but seriously don't get me started on scents anyways, i prob have about 35 bottles of different kinds. (not including the maybe 10 or so more i had recently thrown away) HAHA
ifindhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #68  
Made of Starstuff

Free -

Suite - I'm so happy for you about the consistent exercise. I KNOW that's a difficult thing to do. So be proud!!!!! All weather-people and all the jokes made about them It's nice to get a good idea... but honestly, I don't listen to the weather for exactly that reason.

Manick - That was wonderfully detailed about artichokes! I haven't eaten an artichoke leaf in years. I do get hearts as much as I can, though. They're great!

Lizzy - Glad to see you back in full force my dear LOL I totally understand your rantings about all the plug-ins. Seems unnecessary much of the time.

---

So I decided that tomorrow I'm going to walk the 2.5 miles to the post office to get my errand done. And then walk the 2.5 back...

I think it'll be a great way to get in some exercise while dealing with chores.

It's all rainy where I am at the moment (like it seems to be all over the country right now ) but I'm still considering taking a walk to go grocery shopping. It's only a mile down the road. I'll think about it briefly some more.

Got an appointment for my vaccinations for India coming up. And a woman-type-doctor appointment... and an eyeglasses appointment. Gosh I've doctor-crazy! ^^ Just want to make sure things are in order before leaving the country.

I had a long day at work. 15 minutes before the end of the day, the boss tells us (through someone else, mind you) that we have to wait until she's done with a conference before leaving... Do bosses all enjoy saying those things on a Friday? We waited 20 minutes after the end of the day to have tell us "I have all your numbers if we need to call you all to come in tomorrow." No... no no no no no no no. I'm am counting down the days until I quit, ladies! I swear I'm developing a twitch from that place. It's ridiculous.

I still have 20 points left for the day. I best go get something nutritious to eat and drink.

Anyway Off I go!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #69  
Made of Starstuff

Tarah - Wow what a fun story! I'll have to stop by a VS and smell it
Old 05-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Tarah -- Hi!! I love that you went and tried on a bunch of dresses. I haven't done that in YEARS but not because I haven't thought about it, just didn't have the guts to actually do it! Love the new pic.

Faerie -- where on earth do you work? Your story makes me think of "office space," that movie...that is terrible, I'm glad you're quitting, too!!!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #71  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy - I work for a useless, evil corporation! Grr Hiss!!!! There are days that I'm sitting in my cubicle, and I, too think there MUST be a camera around filming an Office Space 2. (I purposely bought a mini red stapler to keep at my desk just in case! )

---

So I did it! I walked down to the grocery store and walked all the way back carrying 2 bags. I wanted to buy one of those fold-up carts... but they didn't have any so I was forced to carry my bags. This makes up for the fact that I couldn't get my usual walking in after work (re: horrible boss issue). Honestly... It was 15 minutes there, 25 minutes back (up hill one way) and I spend an hour walking around the store... can't I count that all as exercise? I think I will! 100 minutes. *Now curls into a ball and dies*

Last edited by Lovely; 05-09-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #72  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - I just saw all your beautiful wedding photos over in BlueLand. Holy cute! You look stunning! And your hubby is quite the looker!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Hey everyone! We just got back from seeing our son, his wife and new granddaughter. Thanks for all the grats! Yes, she is beautiful. Mom had a C-section, so her head is nice and round, not mis-shapen as many tend to be after a natural birth. She is such a good calm baby. There were 2 sets of grandparents, a great grandma and their 2 other children. We played pass the baby and she didn't mind at all. The hospital allows our son to sleep in the room with mama and baby.. really neat.

Her name is Kaylie Renae. Beautiful. But we aren't biased at all..

Favorite scent... White Shoulders. I love it. It is a light clean smelling floral scent. One bottle usually last me a year. I do have some others that I use as well, but that one is my fav. I found this candle at Bed, Bath and Beyond that I wish they would make a body spray of - it is ocean something.. I love the clean smell of it and it is slightly spicy too.

Suite - I am starting this week an exercise plan, but I have to get a more comfy seat (think bench seat) for my exercise bike.. lol - it hurts my tender parts if I stay on it more than 20 minutes. I don't think I had done well this week in the lose department, so I know that I am going to need to introduce some activity in the plan and slowly work my way up. I have led a sedentary life the last few years (sans the weight gain) and I am going to work up to more activity slowly. What is really terrible is that we have this awesome weight bench (double) that I purchased about 6 years ago so hubby and I could work out together and we have never used it! We are going to set it back up this summer and he and I are going to start with it. I am sure I am going to need some toning.. and he says his chest has fallen to just above his belt line..

Manick - I love artichokes, but so far have only had them pickled or in dips. I look at the ones in the veggie isle and put it back 'cause I have no idea what to do with one. I think I will be adventurous and try one this next week.

Faerie - You make me smile. Your 'walking adventure' had my husband asking me what I was laughing at! I can totally relate!

Shrinkinglizzy - I would try the 5K but I would want roller skates! LOL.. I have never been a runner, but since I am short and live in a land of giants with long legs (all, with the exception of my youngest daughter is over 6 ft tall) I do walk pretty fast. Let us know how you did!

I have to keep reminding myself that I won't lose this excess in 4 weeks... I am so looking forward to feeling better physically that I am becoming impatient - I need to knock that off... I don't want to sabotage myself after such a short time... It doesn't help that my house is in such a mess. I have been working so much lately, it is all I can do to make myself do laundry (we have NO clean towels!) This weekend is going to be bad with all sorts of stuff going on too. I need a weekend with nothing planned so I can catch up on my house. I know then I will feel better about my surroundings, thus better about getting myself more organized and feel more in control. I think that is it.. I feel a little out of control.

Last edited by Chey; 05-09-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #74  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Faerie: I used to LOVE the strawberries and champagne scent from Victoria's Secret and I wore it FOREVER! Then my boyfriend told me that he didn't really like it...so I started wearing the Night Blooming Jasmine body spray from Bath and Body Works. Also, awesome job on walking to the store! That is actually really inspirational. I will definitely think twice about driving to somewhere walkable next time! My thing is I always want to start taking the stair..like around campus at school, but I usually end up taking the elevator! I'm still working on that...

Suite: you don't like thunderstorms? I love them! We had a borderline hurricane here a couple of months ago which wasn't fun! The power was out almost all day...but thunderstorms I like!

Chey: I completely understand! My house is filthy right now as well! It really does add to the stress of everything else...

~~ As for me, I am feeling REALLY bingey right now as well, meaning I am thisclose to binging! I only had 6 points left for dinner, and I ate half of a personal Boboli pizza, which means I only had 2 left. and I just wanted to binge SOOO badly! Like I literally took the cereal box out and was about to pour a HUGE bowl of cereal, thankfully my boyfriend stopped me! But I have been feeling like this for the last 3 or 4 days, just wanting to be like "SCREW IT!" and eattttt until I was going to puke! Thankfully I have been able to control it thus far. This stress is just getting to me and making me want to eat! I think it is because I feel like I gained this week ( I don't know yet because I haven't weighed yet)

So to sum up: I'm fighting the binge monster!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Oh my goodness, I will never catch up, I did read all that I missed, but.....
it will take me forever to responded to everyone..so this is just for this page

Chey: on your sweet baby, I'm sure everyone is so happy, baby's are so amazing, how something so little can bring so much joy to one's life, Enjoy being a Grammy, let the spoiling begin

Faerie: Congrat on the weight loss, you are doing so well, you also have such a postive outlook on all of this, I really enjoy your honesty, it's refreshing So happy that you found the perfect dress, you will make a beautiful Bride, continued sucess on the wedding plans, the move {short and long term} and enjoy the rest of your weight loss journey.

Suite: I'm with you, Hate thunderstorms, they make me so scared, funny story, once when we were dating, Bob thought it would be great to go to the local make out place, a beautiful cliff overlooking the local area, everyone else was parked for one reason, we were there to watch a thunderstorm, needless to say, we did not stay long. To this day, never let him forget that story. I'm glad you are enjoying the biking to work, sorry that the weatherman let you down yesterday.

vday: Stay strong, I know it's a terrible beast at times, I know, it's getting to that time of the month for me, I crave sweet/salty, you can do

Manick: Enjoy your new car. on your weight loss this week, you are so close to onederland, Go For it

lizzy: Good Luck on your "hard" work, this is such a journey sometimes, some valleys are very tough to get through, but I do think some new recipes will inspire you to great sucess

hope and freedom: hope everythings great

Hope I didn't miss anyone, this has been one busy week. I needed to brush off the resume, and update it, going for an office job, at the same company, but it's 1st shift, and I can lead a normal life, {well what's normal??} so that really needed my focus this past week, and I also got a pair of shoes for the wedding, yeah, I know this might not be a big deal to some of you, but when you are a size 10 xwide, it's a big deal. Then I'm planning my daughter's bridal shower, since her maid of honor lives in NC, so those invitations had to go out this week. So left me little time to respond to anyone. I did miss you guys if that does count, I did lurk around at times, but no time to reply.

Well I did do Core for the week, and I do hope that the lessons I learned will stay with me. Every meal does not have to include carbs, but I do love those carbs, just need to watch it. I did have this yummy snack, a banana with a tbls of PB, that is so yummy.

As far as smells, I LOVE hand lotion, I do have ALOT of lotions, bath and body works, my favs are brown sugar and fig, and warm vanilla sugar. As far as perfumes, love Beloved. For men not sure what it is, Hubby doesn't like to wear any.

well off to a day of cleaning and washing clothes, hope you all have more fun planned for the day.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote