Old 05-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #31  
Made of Starstuff

Quick note about the 3FC tickers. I use one, and don't make a new one each time. I actually look into the link under Edit Signature. There's a line towards the end with the numbers on it... Mine says "...180/90..." (Because that's what I've got to go, and that's what I've lost) I just edit the "90" part and then hit save signature. So like... when I lose my next pound it will say "...180/91..."
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

I totally missed that when I had a 3FC ticker. I thought it was just one big image. Oh! You know what, I'm getting it backwards. Tickerfactory is the one that you have to go back to their site to update. You're right, the 3FC one you can just look at the code and change the numbers!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #33  
Made of Starstuff

Tarah – I agree. October is definitely the best month! Suite gave a wonderfully worded excuse all set to go about the food. (I also agree with Suite about your awesome new pic, how cute! I it!)Use it the next time something like that comes up. And I totally hear you about the constant complaining friend… it’s even frustrating sometimes to just nod… but I found I had to do that to save MY sanity. I got more & more annoyed at giving advice that was completely ignored. Suddenly it hit me, she was more interested in complaining to me than fixing the problem. Once I realized what she actually wanted, I decided to become uninvested in what she did. I put on my “She’s complaining” helmet. It protects my brain from being annoyed too easily. So I can easily listen, nod, and pretty much ignore. And yeah, better to just let her figure it out. However long that’ll take…

Suite - I’m glad for you, too, that you’ll see less of that friend shortly. (Maybe by the next time you see her you’ll have that “No” reflex built up so well, she won’t know what hit her! Other than delicious salads topped with grilled chicken and slices of fresh fruit! Yay! I’m now envisioning you throwing healthy food at people… ) I’d rather see everyone here, even if they aren’t 100% OP… even if they aren’t 10% OP. What’s that phrase smokers use? “I’m only one cigarette away from a pack a day.” I tend to think of food that way some times. (Only wish we could just quit food… but that’s no good!) I’m only one Cheeto away from a bag in front of the television mindlessly eating everything that’s not nailed down. I’m not trying to say that I can never have one… but that those are the sorts of things I have to learn to PLAN instead of “just having one”… it’s never just one… The grass is always greener, right? I hope you are rolling in cash after working some extra projects! And you’ll have such a blast in July catching up with those friends!

Last edited by Lovely; 05-07-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #34  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Well, I read all of this helpful information too late...after I went in and manually changed my 3fc ticker...but now I know for next week! Thanks Chickies

OK, I have a BIG announcement....I lost 2.5 pounds this week!!!!! I am SO excited! Mainly because I bounced between 206 to 208 since February, so this is NEWS! Today I am 204.5! Onederland here I come! Keep on biking Suite, I aim to catch ya

I really appreciate the support you all have given! I am so motivated because I know I can come here and put it all out there, good or bad. But, I plan to stay with the good for awhile! I have a wedding to attend in LA at the end of June and I want to fit into a dress that I have! I don't want to buy anything...not to mention the "car payments" we now have, ugh. However, I am going to lift and jog and walk and just really go for it! I put my short term goal on my blog, I am terrible at writing in my blog, but at least I keep track of my goals there. I would dearly love to be low 190's by July 1. I am going to try my best....but one day at a time....as they say.

Mini-rant Here is my beef, every time I WORK my behind off hoping for a "great loss" when I post my WI on the weightwatchers site here is what it says, with the implied "no-no" finger:

"WELL DONE! You've recorded a loss this week. That's great news!
However, we notice that you've lost more than an average of 2 pounds per week over three or more weeks. This rate is too rapid — it may be unsafe or unhealthy.
While we're proud of your achievements and pleased you're making changes in your life, we need you to concentrate on one more thing: You should slow the pace of your weight loss to no more than 2 pounds per week."

Blah, blah, blah...It is SO rare for me to go above a 2 lb loss and only by .5 pound...just let me enjoy it! Sheesh! Ok, rant over. Oh, and I agree on the "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"....yeah...when I was technically "thin" I found all sorts of things DID taste better...and well...here I am It should be more along the lines of: you feel GREAT when you are doing healthy things for your body! It's all mental for me...my taste buds are definitely my "lower power"

Suite cracking up about the Outback! Sorry about that...but we'll try to be pleasant Outback owners...I am still driving my old Toyota which I LOVE...don't have to be too careful with it as it's already got the requisite dings and such. I just washed it and cleaned every inch of it Monday so I could be driving in a shiny car too. It is good enough for me and I will enjoy getting into DH's Outback on weekends and he can be the super careful one now. Good for you for the biking! I am impressed! I have been riding my bike on the weekends now that the rain has stopped, hopefully more this summer. Riding to work is what "fit" people do! I'm always schlepping so much stuff to work I would fall over probably...ha...that, and its 12 miles one way, I'd have to work up to that! Good for you for thinking about getting a bit healthier before a baby too...that is part of my worry, getting pregnant at this weight is not appealing to me...I want to be able to move and be active if that should ever happen, that is.

Heather
sorry you're in pain! Do take it easy and hang in there! Glad you are making healthy eating choices, keep it up! I hope you feel better soon. Nerve pain is no fun.

Mod
glad you posted...come on back...bad or good the chicks are here!

Vday Whew...I am impressed too that you can stay OP with all that! Kudos to you girl!! Congrats on almost being at graduation...I will send $$ and bike thoughts to your family...

Paint I posted my mushroom recipe here:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...86941#poststop I make these up every couple of weeks...probably not everyone's cup of tea but I really like them. I love creamy mushroom-sherry soups however so that was my flavor idea.

Chey what kind of mister did you get? I'd love to know the brand if it works well for you. I had one that bit the dust but it never worked that great, I should look for another. Enjoy your healthy cooking! I'm generally pretty impressed with WW recipes but I always add more spices

Shrink

ifindhope ditto to what Faerie said...when and if she wants it she will do it, looking to you to rescue her from herself is too much burden for you to bear. You could just go around repeating mantras like "I bite, I write"...and etc every time she complains...LOL

Faerie
when do you leave for India again? Good luck with all the moving...ugh...next thing, next thing...hope you can squeeze in a peaceful walk soon.

Hi to Everyone vv back later if I get the chance!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #35  
Mind over platter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Suddenly it hit me, she was more interested in complaining to me than fixing the problem. Once I realized what she actually wanted, I decided to become uninvested in what she did. I put on my “She’s complaining” helmet. It protects my brain from being annoyed to easily.
Perfect!! Love it. Good advice in lots of these situations!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #36  
lots of fun!

haha the new avatar thanks!! i wish i was all dressed up for a reason. nope. just went into macy's and my inner 13 year old came out and my sister, cousin and i tried on beautiful dresses and took pictures. but thanks for the compliments!! that dress sure was a silly one, hence the face.

HAHAHAHA i just pictured myself - "i bite i write..." blah blah over and over. good one
ifindhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #37  
The Last 10lbs!

Chey - I think you're right. It's been a long process, and I guess I am just so antsy to get to my goal that I forget how long it's taken to get within sight of it. I definitely think you ought to try out some new recipes, or use different spices on your usual food or something. I find I get bored quite easily with the same food over and over. Before Christmas I made a pact with myself to try a new vegetable every week for three weeks. So I tried leeks and sweet potatoes (which I now LOOOOVE) but never got around to #3, beets. I heard they could be really messy!

vday - Good luck with everything! We just had to go through the ordeal of finding a new place to live next year. What a hassle!! Try not to get too stressed out over it; everything'll work out eventually

Paint - I don't even like mushrooms but the way you (used to) cook them sounds fantastic! Especially if they are fresh! I'm in Southampton, which is (you guessed it) in the South of England. I'm actually from Alberta, Canada, but I am over here for university.

Heather - Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm sorry to hear you're in pain, and I really hope it turns out to be something that isn't too terrible. It sounds pretty painful. And your boyfriend disappearing can't be helping things either. I can't believe he didn't let you know what was going on. I would have been super worried about him, as I'm sure you were as well!

ifindhope - I started off at 25 points, and am now at 22 points, and I usually save most of my points for dinner-ish - how am I supposed to save more?! lol I totally hear you though. I need to be a bit wiser with spending my flex points. Hearing from all of you makes me feel very glad that I am not the only one that starts off with a plan and then watches it disappear into an ice cream sundae!!

Mod - You've been a major inspiration to a lot of us. I know you can get back on track and get back on plan. I think going back to meetings would be super beneficial, especially if you feel like you are sort of "slipping". You can do it!!!

Faerie - I'm always such a wuss when it comes to ordering at restaurants. The closest I'll come to special orders is to replace the chips with a salad. I know, I know, I really am a total wuss. Anyway, forward...! Just because I had a crappy weekend doesn't mean I have to lose the week It sounds like you are super busy, but with really great things to be busy with! Ah, you must be sooo excited for your wedding. It is going to be spectacular! And you are going to look so fantastic in your dress after having lost nearly 100 lbs so far! What a feat! I can't get over how amazing that is. I'm not sure I agree with that phrase either... I can name a ton of things that taste really, really good, and it's usually those things that get me in trouble with eating too many points in a day!

Suite - This is my last week of school, and then I have my four crazy essays due. I am technically "finished" on the 27th of May but the exam period runs until the middle of June (I don't have any exams this semester). We have a really funny schedule compared to American/Canadian universities. We don't start until the first week of October, get a month off at Christmas and a month off at Easter, but then we go quite long into the summer compared to my friends at home. Thanks for the advice, I never thought of stealing some from a friend instead of getting my own... not a bad idea, but I would be worried I would eat all of theirs! Hehe. Still, something to think about, for sure. Hmm... What can I talk my friends into getting so that I can have a bite of it next time we're at the movies? Hmm... I think the permanent habit of always making good choices is going to take years to instill in both of us, if not in everyone. I think you and I have the same mechanism in our brains as this is my major issue as well. I agree it's very scary territory. I always worry that I will blink and suddenly be back where I started. I completely, completely know where you're coming from. But as everyone always says, today is a new day, and there will always be a new week with a new set of flex points and a new weigh in day, so don't let yourself get too out of shape about it! Both of us have to get back on track after our weekend of eating too much!

Manick - It really says that to you? I'm amazed! You would think that it would be able to see the online tools being used faithfully and realize that it's not like you're trying to survive on some sort of cabbage soup diet. I guess the computer isn't as smart as a person observing your weight loss. You are doing fantastically! Congratulations on your loss!

-------------

We hit a high of 27 degrees C yesterday. That is RIDICULOUS for England in spring. I will be wearing capris tomorrow for my true last day of my second year of university - and Thursdays I am at school from 9-6 so I will be very grateful never to have to survive another Thursday like that again! At least not for several months! Hehe Hope you guys all had a great day - mine is just about coming to an end. I picked up the new Weight Watchers magazine today and had a brief flip through this afternoon but might dedicate some time to really reading it tomorrow. It will be a great way to continue procrastinating those essays!!!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #38  
Made of Starstuff

Manick - Congrats on those pounds! You've worked your bum off for them, so don't let some site tell you what to do They're really just trying to protect themselves from some sort of lawsuit. Take it while you can! If that means 2+ pounds a week for a little while then you enjoy it! And I'll be leaving in July if things go according to plan (but yeah right, what company actually meets a deadline for things eh? ).
Old 05-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #39  
Made of Starstuff

Free - Posting at the same time as me Sounds like you need to stretch that backbone muscle that nature so wonderfully gave you Slowly, slowly... like you said it takes YEARS to develop better habits. That reminds me of a demonstration that one leader showed us. (Hope I'm not repeating myself.) She scribbled a pencil over a piece of paper. Over and over a few times at the same spot, just up & down. Not terrible hard either. Then she took an eraser, and proceded to erase the scribble. Well, she erased it pretty good, but she just couldn't get all of it. It's like what we're doing here... we may be able to get ourselves into some pretty good habits, but those old ones will still be there... waiting for us! Scary! They get dulled down... but never completely go away. Anyway, I hope you're having a fantastic night!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #40  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

yeeps! I just caught up on Flex#7 and my eyes are tired. I love you gals!! I had to post before I dive into 8 and get myself caught up again!

I have to throw some laundry in the machine, but wanted to at least get a bit caught up.

I bought some crystal light with that liveactive probiotic whatever it is and was wondering if anyone eats that stuff, I see cheeses, yogurts and such, but wonder if it really does anything and how many grams you have to eat for effect? We tried activia, but it didn't seem to really do anything.

Anyway, a friend gave me a bunch of those 100 calorie packs because she was munching too many, well I did pretty good, one a day for about 3 days, then today, munch, munch, crunch, crunch, 3 bags gone, that's it!! to me they're the

best to all, more later
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies,
I just skimmed through and it is nice to read up on everyone!!
I personally have been eating through my stress, and have simultaeously been doing some pretty complicated mental and spiritual gymnastics to get through it. Mostly having to do with self-forgiveness. More than I feel like getting into right now, but i'm doing well, even though I've stopped counting points and have totally thrown health to the wind...i know I'll get back to it, and when I do, these few days will live in the past.

So, if you're not seeing me around, that is why! Probably going to attempt to kick my own behind tomorrow (WI day) but I'm really trying to listen hard to what my body wants most, and if it's pizza, then so be it. Again, I'm just hoping it doesn't last too long...and I really don't think it will.

Thanks for thinking of me, everyone!!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #42  
Mind over platter

Thanks Faerie and Freedom! That's a good point, protecting themselves....yeah, no cabbage soup diets for me! Blech Alright I will ignore the big wise WW no-no finger and just go for it! I am exercising hard and eating all my points every day, and my AP's too. And last week was TOM so that bumped me down a little too this week, as I am sure I was up slightly last week from that.

Faerie, the pencil analogy is great, I had not heard that one, and it is a very good mental picture to hold. Thanks for sharing that. I really, really, really want these good habits to just be part of my life forever. I knew when I started again in January after letting things slide for so many years that I was going to have to face the truth that for me, this is my lifestyle. Pretty much forever. So, its got to be something I can live with forever. I have been down the "been there, done that" road before and I know that mindless eating is just not an option for me. Food management is my "thing" that I must struggle with. Some people have other things, but for me this is it. Whoever said earlier the comment about being one Cheeto away from a whole bag in front of the TV...yup, I get that. The stronger these habits become though, the easier it is getting. I recall my peanut butter debacle from about 3 months ago and now I CAN measure out 2 tablespoons to go with celery or apples and it is enough. Some things however, I just don't keep around. The longer I practice healthy eating the more it becomes part of me and I am tapping into that memory of how I used to feel. The hard part is going to be continuing to tap into that the more I lose...and continue wanting to be there forever. But as I am truly interested in my long term health this time, and I have no "quick fix" plans, I am hopeful.

Anyway, Freedom, noticed you are off to Spain when you are done with school? How cool! LOVE Spain! I was there once for a couple weeks. Barcelona and Cardona were my fave's. Especially Cardona, it was so picture perfect and classic old-world with a big giant castle overlooking the town and surrounding valley. Where are you going? Enjoy your beautiful weather, I am always happier when the sun shines! Hopefully it will make the essays go faster so you can get out into it.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #43  
Made of Starstuff

Keli - So glad to see you! Those active cultures that are in that stuff like "activia" or whatnot are just the same thing as regular organic yogurts... like Stonyfield. It seems like it's the new fad to help regulate digestion, but really those active cultures have been around since yogurts & whatnot have been made! (That's not a mini-rant at you, I swear, it's a mini-rant at the companies who think they've invented something fantastic & new. Like when they were shoving calcium into everything.) I'm not sure WHICH bacteria is in the Activia-like brands.. I'm not sure if it's the same bacteria that's in Stonyfield etc. It essentially does the same thing, though. Are you having digestion issues?

About how much... Bacteria breeds itself. So, if you have one serving a day of something with active cultures in it, it will build up over time. It's more important to just have one serving for a couple of weeks to help anything... and then again, if little/no bacteria isn't what the problem is... then it's not going to do anything
Old 05-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #44  
Made of Starstuff

Lizzy - Been missing you. Wishing you the best, hun. Do what you need to take care of yourself, but don't be a stranger, regardless of what it is you're eating. Even delicious pizza. Take care.

Manick - I was nodding all throughout your post. It's so true. I really feel these changes. I often think of watching my food as my cross to bear so to speak. Everyone's got issues, and this is mine. Like the alcoholic who will never drink again, I just have to watch everything that goes into my mouth. Somedays, like today, I'm okay with that. I understand it's a lifelong process. Other days... well... other days I grumble about how some people will never have to constantly watch what they eat. Even when I get to goal, I'll never be a normally thin person... just as the alcoholic will never stop being an alcoholic. It's a long road, but at the same time I'm grateful for it. I'm grateful for actually learning this lesson instead of ignoring it. (Like I have been for so long.) Anyways, I'll cut out while I'm rambling
Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #45  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Okay, I come here with a small rant. This rant isn't directed towards any one of you girls! I love you and you are all pretty much rays of sunshine!

*breathes*

Okay, so we all have our days when we are down on ourselves, mainly because of our weight. Everyone has them, including myself. But my main "beef" right now is people who determine their self worth by their weight. I've been browsing the boards and I've come across some threads that are so full of self loathing because they are overweight. Maybe it's because of how I was raised...maybe it's because of my personality...I'm not sure. But I believe in myself as a person. I mean yeah, there are times that I get down on myself because of my weight, especially when I can't do something I really want to do. That's understandable. But I know that the fact that I weigh what I weigh and I'm the size that I am has no effect on who I am as a person. Sometimes I wish I could reach through the internet and slap someone around because they don't realize their self worth because they are too hindered by their physical appearance.

Or maybe it was my years of therapy. My therapist always told me:Smart Women Light The Way. I've always remembered that. Yeah, I am fat. Yeah, I know it gets in the way, and sometimes I do believe it offends people...but you know what? I'm beautiful. I'm intelligent. I'm funny. Those things far...OUTWEIGH (yes, I went there lol) what my...well...weight.

I don't know. Maybe I'm being dumb. Maybe I'm overreacting. I just needed to get this off of my chest.
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote