Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #106  

Hi, everybody :-)

I am learning from your post here. I am not on MRC diet but my darling hushand is. He just finished the pre-conditioning plan and started his chemically balanced diet last Sunday, Mar 11. So far he lost 7 lbs yay! (141 lbs more to go) I am thrilled and I can't wait to see him getting back in good shape again.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 278/160/140

Height: 5'5"

Default great job

glad to have found this link. i have joined mrc twice now. the first time i dropped 46 lbs in 17 weeks. i now have been back and have lost 20 lbs in 20 days. they say i am losing to fast but told them its because i am so determined to drop the weight once and for all. i have read all the posts and see quite a difference in the amount of money spent. i spent over a 1000 dollars the first time around but well worth it. i only buy the drinks that are required now and the supplements i buy at walmart hoping this time won't be quite as expensive plus now doing a different plan since reaching under the 200 mark. hope everyone has great success. what type of exercise programs do you all do? i use the biggest loser dvds and the gym 3 x a week. i completly gave up soda cold turkey and drink only water, flavored water and green tea.

Last edited by skinnymeinside; 03-21-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 270/266/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Checking in

Welcome skinnyinside. What supplements are you taking that you get from Walmart? I went to the food class and got my diet plan last night. (Start 'offically' tomorrow so I can celebrate my Irish today.)
I found the array of herbs and pill form supplements confusing to say the least and not sure what to take and what can safely be taken with what etc. My costs initally were $300 to join up and my first group of protein drinks etc came to $100 last night. They had a 'starter' special grouping.
What kind of herbs etc. does everyone take?
I tried the 5HTP for the first time last night and will just use that for a few days to make sure I tolerate it okay. I guess I am cautious and don't want to take a handful on new things at once without knowing how each will affect me first.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:42 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

I take Total Woman, Corti-Trim, MRC-6, Guggul, Internal Cleanser, MSM, UC-2, Liquid Minerals, and Hoodia. Nothing has caused me any kind of problems and I've been taking all of them for 6 months now. Good luck as you start program!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'7''

Default Even my neck lost an inch!

I just had my first measurement!!! I lost 17 total inches!!

The weight loss isn't really that dramatic though....has anyone experienced more inches lost than pounds, if so, why and when will the poundage drop?

It's really great- my clothes look sloppy on me and I wear the baggyness with pride!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #111  

I actually started off the opposite. Lots of pounds, not a lot of inches. They told me that my inches would catch up and exceed my pounds eventually. So far, I'm at 66 pounds and 53 inches. I started in a size 28 jeans and I bought my first size 20 yesterday. It was a good day!

Congratlations on your pounds and inches! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #112  

i buy the b6, b12, flax seed, i love the mrc 6 and i take the 5htp when i am not getting enough sleep. have taken trifalia also for those compact moments lol.
i started at size 28 in womans and now wear a size 13/14 in juniors. my inches well surpassed my weight but i do a lot of strength training as well as cardio. i think thats what helped me the most. i lost 2.5 lbs more today.i also tend to stay away from the creamies. i love to take the lemon flavored one and mix it with frozen strawberries and a little splenda. makes like an italian icee. great on those hot summer days.

congrats on those inches lost nwgirl. awesome job.

manda great job on getting into those 20's. isnt it such a great feeling?

Last edited by skinnymeinside; 03-19-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 246/199/160

Height: 5'4"

Default First full week!

So I went to my weight/measuremements after completing one week of pre-conditioning and one week on the plan. I have lost a total of 10lbs and 14.25inches! I lost 2 full inches off my waist and 3.25 inches off my mid-section! I am SOLD on this program. I weigh in again on Wednesday and cannot wait to see the results! Glad to see everyone joining the group! I am looking forward to many, many more wonderful weeks!!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #114  

Height: 5'6

manda i read that you went on a cruise. well i am about to go on one this comming saturday for a few weeks.. was it hard or did you cheat? i am nervous about the food and if i should take my pills and protein and etc. i have been on other cruises before but not on one with a diet plan... how did you do on it?
Old 03-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #115  

wow congrats wendy you are doing marvelous.
i weigh in on mondays and wednesdays.
what days do the rest of you wi? does your mrc require more than 2 x a week?
ours has an exercise class and a walking group. what kinds of things does yours offer? i wonder if they are all the same?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:03 PM   #116  

Height: 5'6

well i wished mine had an exercise class.. we have "fun with food" where they teach you how to make meals and we have a class where a psychologist comes and talks with people about changes in their life. when we have the fun with food they also incorporate some type of psychology and i do not particularly like that junk. so i find the classes boring.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:38 PM   #117  

We have Yoga and Pilates at our Center. It feels wonderful to be at a size 20 now. I was more excited about that than the 3 pounds I lost at weigh-in today. Two more pounds and I'll sign the 70 pound board. I'm so excited. I can really tell in the mirror, but I keep thinking, wow, I've lost almost 100 pounds.

It was diffidult to stay on program on the cruise, but I did the best I could with the choices I was given. Since we can't control the way the food is cooked, I stuck with chicken and fish the whole 10 days and only ordered items from the "healthy" menu in the dining room. I think it was much easier to eat in the dining room than it was to eat at the buffet. I took the stairs every chance I got rather than the elevators and walked a lot. I gained 4 pounds on the cruise, but I was gone for 10 days, so that was pretty good. I took all of my pills and dinks with me. 70 drinks were fun to try to fit in my suitcase.

What cruise are you going on? What cruise line? I hope you have an amazing time, and if you do happen to gain, remember that, when you get home, you can always hop right back on program and get things going in the right direction again.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost! Keep up the good work! To everyone who is struggling this week, keep your head up. . . it does get easier.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #118  

i have lost 6.5 pounds this week. i got my picture taken and its hanging on the wall in our building. it's under the ongoing pics i was so excited to see myself up there. i love signing the boards. i did the 70lb board today.
i want to go on a cruise when i hit my final goal. i am 5'5" and trying to get to 145. what about the rest of you?
manda i bet by your next wi you sign that board and probably close to the next one. kutgw
Old 03-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #119  

I'm hoping I'm signing the 70 pound board on Friday. I'm certainly going to try. There's no better feeling for me than finally accomplishing another 10 pounds and getting to pick up that marker and sign the board.

We don't have any ongoing pictures in our center but lots of before and afters. There are only 5 or 6 people who have signed the 60+ boards in our center, so my picture will probably be one that goes up when I'm finished. I can already tell a huge difference in the mirror and I got a lot of comments from friends when I sent out my cruise pictures. Yesterday, the consultant I met with said that she looked at my before picture while I was using the restroom and was floored.

Now, my next goal needs to be getting myself back to the gym on a regular basis. It seems like I'm still playing catch-up from the cruise with things that need to get done.

Awesome job on the 6.5 pounds this week!

Do any of the newbies have any favorite recipes yet?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #120  

they have ongoing and before and after pics on the walls lining both sides of the hallway.
i tried to figure out how to post pics on here. i have one of my before and one of my current. just not sure how to do it. i have the before in my profile and my current in my siggy.
i am sure you will be rocking that gym again in no time. can't wait to hear how you do friday.
Closed Thread