Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #91  

Missysmom! WOW!! Over 20 lbs in 48 days...that is awesome, I hope my track will be just as successful. I plan on getting more supplements, I really want to try the MRC 6 and the Corti-trim. I'm just waiting for my bank account to recover I just paid almost $300 and I think I still owe a little more. Its okay though, I cannot put a price on being at healthy weight and having comfort in my own skin. That's my goal. Today is only day 3 for me, and I gotta tell ya, It's been rough. I'm not craving anything, just plain old hungry almost all the time. I'm stopping by the center tomorrow for my first weigh-in since I started on Sat. They say you lose 3-5 lbs a week, that seems impossible for me. I will be estatic if I lose anything!!!

Someone please tell me that days 5-10 are a little easier...I cant wait to get to the permanent meal plan.

Well I hope that everyone's weigh-ins are great this week. I'd really love to see everyone start posting more, this really helps me stay motivated. TTYL
Old 02-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #92  

Height: 5'6

yeh i know all of it at first can get $$$$$ but my fiance and i are both doing it along with my grandmother and not only is it expensive.. the food changes and how you have to cook and eat gets expensive also. we were eating hamburger helper and stuff and now it is $10 or more to eat a dinner fixed at home. (we are in college by the way, so money is precious..lol) this week you should be fine with the hunger. we were allowed to eat as much of all the things at meals we wanted during preconditioning. and yes i hated my first week because i wanted to know if i was eating enough or too much, etc. but once you get the menu life should be a bit easier. keep going.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Has anyone cut the salt completely? I cannot seem to do it, that is probably why I do not lose as quick as all of you. And my will power is to blame also.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:34 AM   #94  

i have not completely. i mean if you go to a restaurant and ask for it plain.. it never comes that way.. so i get some in that way and also when i cook green beans a little salt goes a long way so that they are not bland. we also get a good amount of salt in salad dressings by walden farms and A1 and hot sauce.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 190/178/150

Yes they will take your before photo and measurements! My suggestion is to follow the program!! It works!! I lost about 40 lbs on the program 3 years ago but I didn't do the maintenance...BIG mistake!! It is there for a reason
I kept the weight off for awhile but then resumed my former bad habits!! I just restarted the program and have lost 11 lbs so far with 29 more to go!!

Also...USE the center! Be sure to weigh in regularly and discuss your progress and any questions or concerns that you have. You will be motived when you see results! Good Luck!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #96  

Hey All! So I am super excited. Yesterday was day 7 for me and I got weighed, I lost 4 lbs in 7 days! That is completely unheard for me. It takes me like a month to lose 5 lbs and that is busting my butt at the gym!! FINALLY I have found something that I know is going to work for me. My god though, this diet is getting expensive! I think spending the money will help me stay committed. I cant believe that after only one week my pants are fitting better
I have not completely cut out salt either, I just use it lightly here and there.

Oh, and I highly reccomend the Peach Mango (Liquid) HNS in the blender with about 7 ice cubes and a shot of the liquid minerals. It is so delicous, it's like a desert for me and I actually look forward to drinking it!
Does anyone else have a any fav ideas for the HNS drinks??

Well I guess that's all for now. TTYL....Ciao'
Old 03-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'7''

Default My first week started today!

I just received my supplements and 1st week diet plan, what is this week going to be like? There seems to be alot less food!

Will the food intake gradually increase?

Will my chances if attacking someone with a pastry and a cup of Starbucks become a greater reality?

Last edited by nwgirl; 03-04-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #98  

Smile Metabolic question

Hi all. I am happy to find this board. There isn't much info about this plan on the web. Anyway, I was on the program 2 yrs. ago and it was working well but for some reason I gave up on myself. I have wanted to get started again so I pulled all of my old materials out. I am planning to start pre-conditioning in the morning. I have a few questions for those of you currently on plan. Is there a vegetarian plan? Are you ever allowed a glass of wine? I am planning to do this on my own with my old materials for a while. My finances just won't allow for signing up at the center again. I have decided that I can do this and I am worth it so going it alone should work out ok. Again, it was great to find this group and read about your success and any help with my questions will be much appreciated.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #99  

i would love a vegetarian plan --next week i will ask and get back to you. i hate eating all this darn meat. i was never a meat eater before so the whole steak 2 times a week does not matter to me because i never ate it in the first place.. and i am tired of chicken and fish. also i have not been a big drinker ever, so i do not know about the wine. sorry. hope this works out for ya.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #100  

Thanks for the reply missysmom. I totally agree about the meat. Maybe they do have a veg. plan. Have a great week.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 246/199/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Recently Joined Metabolic Research Center

I joined Metabolic Research Center last week and started my pre-conditioning week on Friday (Mar. 2nd). I weighed in on 3/6 and had already lost 3.5lbs I am pumped. I go to the first class tomorrow night to start the fat burning phase. Got a long way to go but this is the first time I have felt hope about a weight loss plan!

Windy (from Texas)
Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I was away on a cruise for a couple of weeks and the board started becoming active. Welcome to all of the new posters! I have been on program since the beginning of September and have lost 66 pounds so far. If there is anything that I can help any of you with, please do not hesitate to ask. I am happy to help.

I have become a big fan of buffalo meat since I got sick of chicken and fish. It's lean and in the same category as chicken, so I'm safe to eat it at lunch or whenever I want to.

My favorite HNS's arre Orange concentrate, Strawberry Kiwi and Grape. I mix the fiber drinks with my breakfast and dinner HNS and add 16 oz of water. The fiber helps fill you up and burns more calories. I'm drinking 3 liters of water per day and I think that helps more than anything else. Hope you're all achieving your goals this week! Have a great weekend!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 246/199/160

Height: 5'4"

Default One Week - Weigh In

I went to my Food/Nutrition class last night after one week of pre-conditioning. I have lost a total of 7 lbs! I am just thrilled and so excited. I got my HNS drinks and I had my first one this morning, grapefruit...and it was awesome! It tasted just like pink grapefruit juice and was not chalky at all! I was very nervous about them because I have used those "protein" shakes before and they are chalky and disgusting. I am in love with this weight loss program! MRC Rocks!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:09 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 270/266/175

Height: 5'7"

Default New to Metabolic Research Center

Hi all. I am glad I found this thread. I have been looking on the web for info on this program. I joined this past week and start with my food plan meeting on Friday. Have been weaning off caffiene the past few days, increasing the water and this coming week will get off the sugar and carb stuff. I am very glad to find others on this program!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Glad to hear you're doing so well on program! My personal opinion is that it's the best porgram out there because nothing else has ever worked for me. Almost 70 pounds later, I feel amazing and have more energy than I ever have before. I just got back from a cruise and sent a bunch of pictures to my friends and I don't think I've ever heard, "You look amazing" so many times in one day. It feels great. Have a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread