Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Just went to weigh in and I've lost another 3 pounds. It was my one month mark so we did measurements too and I've lost 11.5 inches since September 2nd. Good luck with your weigh-ins this week!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 262/218/145

Height: 5'4'

Congratulations! That just has to be a thrill so see a good weight loss.
So they remeasure you on your one month. I think my office area is getting a tad behind on things. You're getting more information than I am. Today I was there at straight up nine. The two girls were a little upset because some skinny man was outside the door claiming he had an appointment to lose weight and they were motioning for me to go around back. I didn't understand what they meant so they finally unlocked the door for me to get in. They left the man outside and I suggested they tell him we were having a meeting and to come back at another time. He left but they were buzzing about calling the police. Anyway, they sold me my supplements and said I could weigh later on in the week. They were truly upset, so I bought my stuff and left. Felt a little disappointed but couldn't do anything about it. The two girls that came in as I was leaving knew the guy and said he was a little not right but wouldn't hurt anyone. They knew him from the hospital. So all's well that ends well.
Did your three pounds come off in that one week? Oh, I wish mine would come off faster. I tell myself everyday not to get discouraged and to follow the rules. I'm glad you two girls are walking. I'm for sure that's helping also. I hope my bicycle riding will give me a little boost. It does make my legs feel better.
I bought the Internal Cleanser compound. Is that the Trifala? I couldn't find anything on it that said that, but that's what I ended up with.
Also bought a big bag of frozen chicken breast at Sam's today but couldn't find any Melba toast. Guess I'll have to go to the local grocery store for that. I was just trying to save some steps. Also bought a try of Asian apples. Have you tried them? They're sweet and more crunchy than our apples.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #33  

I had been told a couple of times that people had been remeasured at one month so I mentioned that today was one month and she said she'd remeasure me.

What a strange way to start the day. Some people just aren't quite all there.

I would have been upset if I couldn't weigh this morning. I did absolutely everything right all weekend and I was excited to see how much progress I had made. The three pounds came off over 4 days. I weighed on Thursday last week and lost one pound then went back today and lost three more. I love this program because it gives some substantial weight loss. One pound per week is NOT enough to motivate me to keep going. This is perfect for me.

The Internal Cleanser compound is Trifala. I only know it by that name because that's what they call it at the center when we talk after each weigh-in. I love how supportive they've been. They give me high-fives and tell me awesome job about 10 times every time I go in. It's nice to have someone telling me I'm succeeding.

I haven't tried the apples before. I've got a golden delicious for lunch today and a bunch of cheese and cauliflower. I decided I was sick of chicken for lunch so I went the sharp cheddar route instead. I'll have to look for the apples the next time I go to the store.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:30 AM   #34  

Amanda, I found these at Sam's. They come six to a carton there. If you have some large super markerts, you can probably find them. Also an Asian market. I'm telling you, they are delicious. My son doesn't even enjoy apples and my husband was eating one yesterday when our son came by and Was given a piece and he even said that was the best apple he had ever tasted. I think we're on to something here. It would probably be good with our cheddar.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:43 AM   #35  

I'll have to make a trip to Sam's the next time I'm in Topeka. It's only about 25 minutes away and a friend is having a Pampered Chef party there this weekend so maybe I'll make a side trip to Sam's. Hope you had a good night.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #36  

Was writing a message to you all, but went back to check on something and the message vanished. I was saying that when I bought supplements again this week, they were still out of the Metabolic 2000. I just can't understand that. This is the second week they have been out. I don't know if I should just get some regular vitamins to take or wait it out.
Chicken and broccoli for dinner tonight for me. I have to see my orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for my monthly visit and I sure hope my loss shows up on their scales. That's what they're waiting for is my weight to go down so that I can get my new knees. One at a time, that is. They don't have a fancy scale. Its the one that just sits on the floor like our bathroom scale but is about ten years old. You even have to set it to zero before you get on. I learned to watch that little problem real quick. LOL.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #37  

Wow, you'd think an orthopedic surgeon would have a better quality scale. They were out of the Metabolic 2000 on Monday at my center too. I would just get another multi-vitamin in a very small bottle and keep asking them each time you go so at least you're getting a multi-vitamin while you're waiting. I'm having breaded tilapia (melba) and broccoli again tonight. It's a staple at my house now, but I like it, so it's alright. I put out some chicken to thaw while I'm eating so I can do something with that for lunch tomorrow. Today was a fun day. Jamie and I went to water aerobics and it was awesome. I think it will be really good for me. Hope all goes well at the ortho tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #38  

Ortho visit went ok. I go back in two months now. I did have a weight loss and they will continue watching me. One thing did bother me though. Since both knees are equally as bad and I know this is due to my weight, they may do both knees instead of waiting to have one knee later. Said I don't have a strong enough good knee to help in recuperating and rehab. That's a bummer for me, but they had done surgery on an 88 year old woman and she was up and walking around and she had both knees done. I'm twenty years younger, so here's hoping I could do as well, if I could just get this fat off. Have you all read "Dairy of a Fat Housewife". I'm reading it now and it sure hits some nerves.
I'm going for 80 ounces of water this weekend each day. Well, you know where I'll be going. LOL.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #39  

Something else just made me wonder. I wonder if they're getting ready to change the Metabolic 2000 and that's the reason they're out or if they might discontinue it. I will get a small bottle of vitamins tomorrow though.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #40  

Good evening ladies! Just wanted to stop by and post since I hadn’t been able to get here today. It’s been a really rough day for me for multiple reasons but I had a small breakdown after I got home from work. I think I’m alright now. It didn’t help the situation at all that it’s TOM and I didn’t lost any weight since Monday. I’m probably just overly emotional though. I know that I’m losing inches right now and I’ll probably have a significant weight loss on Tuesday when I go in. I usually lose more on the weekends for some reason. (I know, I’m weird.)

Other than that, our extended family is having a small family reunion tomorrow in a small town north of Topeka. It will be nice because my grandmother’s sister flew in from California last night and this will be the first time we’ve seen her in probably almost 10 years. I made Cheeseburger soup tonight and I’m taking that, an orange and a stick of sharp cheddar for lunch and snack while everyone else eats potluck food. A good friend is having a Pampered Chef Party on Sunday afternoon and I’ve been to 2 in the last month so I’ve only got one thing left that I need to buy. I’m getting a hand crank cheese grater because it’s so much easier than using the stand up ones. I always end up taking off a couple of fingernails when I use those.

I haven't read that book. I might have to check it out. I bought a new bottle of the Metabolic Vitamins today so I don't think they're out of them completely. Maybe your center is just being slow Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #41  

Hi, I'm so glad to hear they have the vitamins there. I go in this morning so will check it out again here. Slow, yes! they are. LOL. I'm sorry about your breakdown yesterday Amanda. Sometimes I look at them and say, well, I deserved a good cry or whatever. I'm also going through some trauma right now. My brother passed away Thursday night and we're in the process of getting the family here, etc., for the funeral Monday. He had Alzheimer's and had been diaganosed twelve years ago, so it seemed to last an eternity. We're all celebrating his life instead of mourning it because he is so much better off now. Alzheimer's is a cruel disease. I have a total fear of it.
Back to weight. Sorry, I got off on what was bothering me. I just weighed this morning on my scales and I'm down 3.9 pounds from last weigh in, but now I have to find some light clothes to wear today to see if it shows up at the center. haha. I'll take it anyway I can though. Today I'm going to the store and getting my melba toast. I want to eat some fish and that's how I'm going to fix it. Just like you do!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I also have to get back on my stationery bike and make my weekend better. TaTa.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #42  

You are so lucky to have Jamie in your town. I haven't read in posts from her, so how is she doing? Her husband was on it also, wasn't he? Also we had another lady on here (Lovely lady or something like that). She was going on vacation and perhaps she's not back yet. We all have to stick together and do some brain swapping on this weight situation and problems.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #43  

Lolow - I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I haven't had any close family members who have had Alzheimer's but a couple of my friends are going through it with some of their family members. It's good that you're having a celebration of life for him. I'm sure he's so much happier now and he's up there waiting on you all to get there to get back the last 12 years.

I really think that the centers should offer a sign-up sheet for people who are interested in "weight-loss buddies" or "exercise buddies". That would be so helpful for people who weren't lucky to stumble upon someone very randomly like I was. It would be a good support system and if they're worried about being anonomus, they can make it an optional sign up and people just have to have the understanding that if they put their name on the list, they may get a phone call from someone else looking for help.

Today, I'm taking cheeseburger soup to the family reunion. I made it last night and it makes 4 servings and I froze 3 of them for later. It's actually really good. Here's the recipe incase you don't have it at your center:

Cheeseburger Soup

16oz. ground lean turkey breast
6 oz. green onions - chopped
10oz. celery - chopped
1 1/3 tsp. dried basil
1 1/3 tsp. dried parsley
4 cups hot water
4 envelopes MRC Cream of Chicken and Veggies Supplement
6 oz. Cheddar Cheese - cubed

In a stock pot, combine water with the Cream of Chicken Supplement. Bring to a boil and add veggies. Let simmer until celery is cooked. While that is cooking, brown the turkey and add to stock pot. Stir in basil and parsley (I didn't add either of these because I didn't have them). Bring to a boil, simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese. Heat through until melted but don't bring it to a boil.

Servings: 4
Meal: Lunch
Beginning: Day 11
Replaces: 6oz. Protein, 1 creamy supplement, 2oz. cooked veggies

It's awesome. Let me know what other kinds of food you like and I'll check my cookbook and the recipes that they print for us from other customers if you're interested.

It's very nice having Jamie around. I don't know that I would be motivated to go out and exercise if she wasn't here to go with me. Her husband is also doing it. That has to make it easier that they're both on program and they don't have to cook two different meals every night.

Hope the weekend calms down a bit and things go well with the celebration. I'll be thinking about you.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:59 AM   #44  

Question Is there a 800 number or website?

Hi All,
I live in Houston and would like to know if there is one here a phone number or website? PM message me please
Old 10-11-2006, 08:52 AM   #45  

Hi Shana! The website for MRC is (w w w.emetabolic.c o m). It doesn't look like there's a center within a reasonable distance of you but I may have missed a center when I looked. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help.
Closed Thread