Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 05:27 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 170/150/145

Height: 5'6"

****-o future skinny person !
I have been on MRC since July 2006. I am now on the stabalization but been quite the slacker lately but have managed to only gain 4 lbs back.
Alot of this is your lifestyle, commitment & tastes. Yes, it did rather dull for awhile but all worth it.
About the only thing that really got me through the 22 lbs I lost, was a conconction I created but you have to LOVE cukes ! If you do, use cukes, tomatoes, radishes, celery, green onions for starter. I have found this to be a good basis for any leftover veggies, too, plus great with meat thrown in for lunches. OK, back to the recipe,,, the dressing is the dressing in the cook book for the vinegar spritzer, I think, but I have just thrown stuff together to suit my own taste. Basically - MCR chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, canola oil, italian seasoning, sea salt, crushed garlic & I love dill, so lots of that. Cut all your veggies in nice big bites (so it takes awhile for you to eat a forkfull) 1/2" or so, pour dressing over and marinate overnight. I ususally make a big batch and as state before, if I have left over veggies, I'll throw them in too add meat just for meal times. If it sounds interesting, I can give you my specifics.
I have tasted some of the recipes in the book and have been pretty good but you do have to be pretty creative with spices etc.
I have to agree with all the other comments on this site, the support is the best thing, at least for me, and the classes are very enlightening ! I have been busier than a one armed paperhanger since Nov thus the slacker but I KNOW I can get back on the wagon again.
This is my first time on the site so don't know who or how often to "chat". I am at work now and will probably only check now and then. My email address is [email protected] if you need me. I wil be heading to St Thomas, Sat. for a week w/the girls and yes, I am wearing the bikini.
You can do it ! ! !
Old 02-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Susan, I see that you're in Kansas City. I'm in Lawrence. It's good to have someone close by on here. I'm at 60 pounds now, and it'll be more than that tomorrow when I weigh in. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm leaving on Wednesday for a Panama Canal cruise and I'm certainly feeling better about wearing a swimming suit in front of strangers than I was in September.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #78  

Height: 5'6

I have managed to get over the bad recipies and make some new ones. I am a Tastefully Simple consultant and so therefore I have tons of gourmet food sitting around that I could not use for my diet plan. I asked about a few spices we have and we can use them, so my cooking options have improved greatly. We can use Garlic Garlic, Onion Onion, Spinach and Herb and Howlin Horseradish and a few more but that is all I can think of for now. If you are interested in products here is the website... http://www.tastefullysimple.com/mduncan1 Any of the products can be used as a spice, even though they are listed as a dip mix.. just sprinkle and there ya go.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #79  
ddnewt

S/C/G: 208/183/145

Height: 5'3'

Smile

Suz and Manda, I am in Lenexa, Ks.. just wondering what centers you go to? I go to the one on College and Metcalf in Overland Park. My contract is up and I'm trying to decide if I want to continue going or just try to do it on my own. I just started working out with a trainer/nutritionist at my gym and I think maybe I'll just try that for a while, still keeping the MRC foodplan in mind for my eating. Do either of you know if you can buy the HNS if you're not currently under a contract with MRC? I lost 30lbs between May and Oct. which was good, but not as good as I had hoped. Then I had 12 weeks of chaos (traveling for a month, holidays, daughter's wedding,etc...) and gained about 8 back! So now I'm about back to where I was before my hiatus. I know the bottom line is calories in vs. calories exerted! What are you thoughts now that you've been doing the program for awhile? I don't know if I can eat this way forever, but I think I will have to if I ever want to maintain a lower weight... Good luck, sounds like you are both doing awesome on program! My email is [email protected]
Old 02-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #80  

ddnewt - I go to the center in Lawrence. My first contract expired today, but over Christmas, I extended it because I knew that I wouldn't be at my goal by today. I'm well on my way, but not quite there yet. I know I couldn't do this without the support that the consultants give me. It's nice to hear, "gosh, you're looking so great!" every time I walk in the door. I'm not sure about buying the HNS without a contract. I'm pretty sure that they said that they have old clients who still come in a buy the herbs and vitamins, so it might be worth it to ask next time you're in. Good luck and let us know what you decide and how you're doing.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #81  

"I extended it because I knew that I wouldn't be at my goal by today."

I thought they guarenteed that you would loose a certian amount in a number of weeks (mine is 17) or your weeks are extended.. is that not true?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #82  

They do guarantee that you will be at a certain weight by a cut off date. I was 17 weeks too, but my guarantee weight wasn't my goal weight. I hit the guarantee weight, but I started at over 300 pounds and there was no way I was going to lost 150 pounds in 17 weeks without looking like a deflated balloon
Old 02-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #83  

ok i understand. because i hear people talking in the center about that also and i hadn't asked anyone.. but it all makes since now. thanks.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #84  

Default New to Metabolic Research Centers

I am so glad that I found this forum!! On Friday, I just had my consultation and joined MRC. I was a little scared because it was pricey and I had not heard much about it. This is about my 100th time trying to lose about 30lbs. I go in Friday for my meal plan. Does anyone know if they are going to measure me and take "before" photos on the first real day?? Also, any suggestions for a newbie??
Old 02-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'7''

Default New to MRC in PDX

Hi! I just joined yesterday!
Anything I should new before I embark on my new journey?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Hello, welcome to the club. I started in April 06 and in a couple of months I lost 23 lbs. I was off and on for a couple more months and managed to only gain 3 lbs. then in September I completely went back to my old eating habits til yesterday that I went back and resigned up. I thought I was back to my original weight of when I started in APril and to my surprised I had only gained 5 lbs. It is true what they say that once you lose some weight your metabolism kicks in and even if you make wrong food choices your body can manage to break it down. I am trully convinced this program works, if you stick with it to the letter. I want to lose 50 lbs by the July for a huge convention I will have. I cannot wait to see the results. I am so motivated and eager to go back to my weigh in next week. I'll keep everyone posted. I weigh 220 lbs and my current size is 18. I want to be at 170 and wear a size 8 or 10. See ya all later.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #87  

i joined january 5th (actually the 29th of december but my 1 week of preconditioning does not count) and i have lost 21 pounds and i go to weigh in tomorrow so it shall be more then. i started at 210 and plan to be at 150 by the end of my journey. everything seems to be going great. some weeks i have only lost 1 or 2 pounds but my average has stayed pretty consistent. something you need to know is that weightloss (of any kind) is not a steady path. so just remember not to get discouraged and keep adding new spices and variety to your foods..
Old 02-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #88  

Default Hey ALL!! Reccomended Supplements??

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I just started my first official day today. I'm really excited, I feel confident in this diet and I cant wait to start seeing some results. I'm just going to take it a day at time! I plan on visiting this site alot because it seems like there is really great advice and support here. Right now, I'm taking the Enhancer, Liquid Minerals, Metabolic 2000, and the internal cleanser. What other supplements are your favorites and which do you reccomend?? Thanks!
~Carrie
Old 02-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #89  

I actually do not take any of what you are taking but this is what I take.. MRC-6, Vitamin, MSM, Corti-trim, Flax, COQ10, Chromium, Liquid Minerals and that seems to be working fairly well. I did not start the Corti-trim or the MSM until after my first month in and I am now on day 48. Hope everything work out for you. It does not seem like there is a ton of action on the board but I am excited that it is starting to pick up.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:21 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'7''

Did anyone see the scale change during the first week?

I am now eating more often and more food than I usually do, it doesn't seem to make sense to lose weight and eat so much!

I keep referring to all your ticker progress for inspiration- good work !!!!
Closed Thread