Old 02-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
Good afternoon ladies! Hope you are all doing well and are fully satisfied today while staying on plan (because I know this is hard). My question would be to those who have been on the plan before and have rejoined. How hard is it to stick with this kinda eating and do you feel like you can do this type of diet for the rest of your life?
I lost 72lbs 2 years ago and was waaaay too thin. Gleefully gained about 15 back through exercise and high protein. Then, sort of lost it the last year and gained 15 more, so I'm looking to lose 20. I find that if I stick with a paleo style diet - heavy on lean meats, veggies, fruit and root veggies and very low on sugar, dairy, refined flour, I can keep the weight off without an issue. When I start eating too much icky stuff and drinking too much beer , it piles back on. So, not these menus per se, but definitely not back to the old way of eating. I'm also determined to stay in my 5lb range. I wasn't sure what weight I wanted to be, so I wasn't worried about gain, until it was too much! I'm also super active, so that helps buffer the gain a little, but I most definitely cannot eat whatever I want.

Had my first weigh in today and lost 2.5 in my first 5 days of preconditioning. Start phase 1 of meta protein tomorrow and phase 2 on Friday.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

2.5 pounds is great!!! Way to go!!!
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #123  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
I lost 72lbs 2 years ago and was waaaay too thin. Gleefully gained about 15 back through exercise and high protein. Then, sort of lost it the last year and gained 15 more, so I'm looking to lose 20. I find that if I stick with a paleo style diet - heavy on lean meats, veggies, fruit and root veggies and very low on sugar, dairy, refined flour, I can keep the weight off without an issue. When I start eating too much icky stuff and drinking too much beer , it piles back on. So, not these menus per se, but definitely not back to the old way of eating. I'm also determined to stay in my 5lb range. I wasn't sure what weight I wanted to be, so I wasn't worried about gain, until it was too much! I'm also super active, so that helps buffer the gain a little, but I most definitely cannot eat whatever I want.

Had my first weigh in today and lost 2.5 in my first 5 days of preconditioning. Start phase 1 of meta protein tomorrow and phase 2 on Friday.
hatethesweatpants:
congrats on 2.5 lbs, I only lost 1.5 lbs in 6 days on preconditioning. What is the meta protein?
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #124  
Sherry, Senior Member

Well praise the lord today has actually been a great day! Day two on yellow menu and I was struggling yesterday and this morning, but it's not 8pm and I'm full from dinner and I didn't eat off plan today at all! I called the center and the manager suggested that I drink my HNS's that I usually have with dinner later in the evening and it worked! Yay!!!!! I weigh in Thursday and start the blue menu so I'm hoping to be down at least 2lbs or more!!!
Maybe it just took my body a little longer to get with the program!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
hatethesweatpants:
congrats on 2.5 lbs, I only lost 1.5 lbs in 6 days on preconditioning. What is the meta protein?
Bit higher in protein and fat, lower in carbs, for freaks like me that love to lift crap loads of weights over our heads.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #126  

Quote:
Well praise the lord today has actually been a great day! Day two on yellow menu and I was struggling yesterday and this morning, but it's not 8pm and I'm full from dinner and I didn't eat off plan today at all! I called the center and the manager suggested that I drink my HNS's that I usually have with dinner later in the evening and it worked! Yay!!!!! I weigh in Thursday and start the blue menu so I'm hoping to be down at least 2lbs or more!!!
Yay great news! Little adjustments can make a big difference.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #127  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Bit higher in protein and fat, lower in carbs, for freaks like me that love to lift crap loads of weights over our heads.
I wish I could get motivated to do weights so I can tighten up my legs and arms, I tried a few times but always tend to give up. You look amazing.

Last edited by skelley331; 02-18-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #128  

Quote:
I wish I could get motivated to do weights so I can tighten up my legs and arms, I tried a few times but always tend to give up. You look amazing.
I absolutely love it - especially barbell lifting. It's kept me motivated for two years. It's slow progress, but so satisfying.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #129  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
I absolutely love it - especially barbell lifting. It's kept me motivated for two years. It's slow progress, but so satisfying.
I might have to try to get back into it.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!
I went to connection class at my center last night. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot about emotional eating and more about the way the program works. Jane, our director has lost 168 lbs doing this. She said it is important to eat what the menu tells you and when so you achieve the chemical balance that is so important to weight loss. She also said if you eat something off plan it takes 9 meals to get this out of your system and get back into weigh loss mode. This was a revelation to me and makes you think twice when you are tempted to eat off plan.
I am on vacation the rest of the week and plan on trying several recipes in the cookbook so I don't get bored.
Have a great day!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #131  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo56 View Post
Good morning!
I went to connection class at my center last night. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot about emotional eating and more about the way the program works. Jane, our director has lost 168 lbs doing this. She said it is important to eat what the menu tells you and when so you achieve the chemical balance that is so important to weight loss. She also said if you eat something off plan it takes 9 meals to get this out of your system and get back into weigh loss mode. This was a revelation to me and makes you think twice when you are tempted to eat off plan.
I am on vacation the rest of the week and plan on trying several recipes in the cookbook so I don't get bored.
Have a great day!
That's some good information to know, I couldn't make my connection class, but my counselor explained it all to me.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #132  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Geo56 - I had read the same thing and it keeps me motivated to stay on plan. I had heard 3-4 days to get back into ketosis. 3-4 DAYS of clean eating to recover from one indiscretion. Have a great vacation!

Skelley331 - Great job mastering the yellow menu!

Hatethesweatpants - I'm glad that MRC has a menu that fits your active lifestyle!!

raven59, bsbarlow, faerychic - are you still with us??
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

I wish we had a like button! Lol....
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

So what if we only have a bite of something off plan...does it still take that long to get back into fat burning mode?
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
woohoo!! I know you can do this Skelley! You have the willpower to succeed!!!
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote