Old 02-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

I am currently on day 3 of the blue menu. My problem is that I'm already so tired of the meat that I've been eating. I've tried switching it up but it doesn't help. I'm so over chicken and tuna and then I tried fish but I'm just not real crazy about it, even with seasonings. Are we allowed any turkey cold cuts at all? My problem also is that I'm not real creative in the kitchen so if it's not easy then I don't wanna mess with it. Thanks for all of your support!!
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #77  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

bombshellinprogress - I know what you mean. You will have to ask your counselor about the turkey cold cuts. I buy Boar's Head turkey for my kids because it doesn't have as many preservatives, but I know it still has some. I often cook a turkey breast on the weekend (like last Sunday night) and use leftovers for a few lunches during the week. I also cook the chicken differently to mix it up a bit - on the charcoal grill, broiled, baked, on the stovetop grill, etc.

Hmmm....what else. I scour cookbooks for on plan sauces, marinades, and spices that help.

Anyone else have any good tips?
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #78  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
I am currently on day 3 of the blue menu. My problem is that I'm already so tired of the meat that I've been eating. I've tried switching it up but it doesn't help. I'm so over chicken and tuna and then I tried fish but I'm just not real crazy about it, even with seasonings. Are we allowed any turkey cold cuts at all? My problem also is that I'm not real creative in the kitchen so if it's not easy then I don't wanna mess with it. Thanks for all of your support!!
bombshellinprogress:
Hang in there you can do it, i'll look at my old blue menu, I can't remember what you can have but I do know that I would eat the Oscar mayer oven roasted turkey lunch meat and it never hurt my weight loss. I ate so much tilapia fish that I can't stand it anymore LOL, also I love the Tyson ready grilled chicken strips they have some seasoned and I ate those also.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #79  

Today was harder on me that I would have expected. Everyone at work was bringing in treats and passing them out and I didn't get anything. My friend that sits next to me who I love dearly got so many treats and so much chocolate. I feel really sad today and never expected to feel this way.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #80  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

bombshellinprogress - I'm sorry you are down today. Is it possible that people know you are on a diet and are trying not to sabatoge you? If so - that is AWESOME!

Our breakroom is FULL of candy, chocolates, cake, cookies, etc. I am proud of myself for resisting. I almost told myself that I would take 2 pieces of chocolate home for my husband since we aren't having dessert tonight and I didn't buy any chocolate for him, but then I realized that I couldn't guarantee that the chocolate would make it home and that it wasn't worth the temptation. I am struggling today, though, hence my active participation in the forum!!! I just log on here for motivation/inspiration.

Maybe you should buy yourself something to celebrate if you want to? Music, etc?
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Default I'm back!

Hi ladies! Happy Valentine's Day! I lost 72lbs on MRC 2.5 years ago. I have kept it off, for the most part, but got off track lately and need a little tune up before swimsuit season. MRC changed my life, saved it really. In particular, these message boards were a life saver. Hope to get to know all of you better! My current favorite activities are loving on and riding my horse, Crossfit, and cooking. I re-enrolled yesterday and started preconditioning.

Last edited by hatethesweatpants; 02-14-2014 at 05:18 PM.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #82  
Sherry, Senior Member

bombshellinprogress: Please don't feel sad, be glad that no one is trying to force treats on you. It's just another day and it's almost over! Take it one day at a time and try not to look any further, that's what is helping me this time. We are here for you!

selway: Woot Woot for you for resisting temptation!!! I'm having a good day today! Luckily my husband and I don't exchange gifts for valentines anymore, I'm just happy we have each other and our kids and grandkids, I let the grandkids enjoy the candies!!

hatethesweatpants: Welcome to the board, I just started pre-conditioning last sunday and start the yellow menu on Monday! I too did MRC and lost 35 lbs but last year got a little relaxed and gained about 19lbs but I'm on the road to my goal again! I love the support here on the forum, sometimes the board gets quiet so I'm hoping we all can keep it alive! goodluck with your journey!!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Happy Valentines day!

Good evening everyone!
Hate the sweat pants, good too hear from someone who had great success with MRC. I am on day 3 of the blue menu and like others I am sick of chicken. I was having second thoughts about this program until I stepped on the scale this am. Down another 1.5 lbs. I have a bad habit of weighing everyday. So I just resolved to learn how to cook more flavorful things that are on plan. When I lost my 80 lbs, I never did learn to cook healthy and went right back to my old habits. I had no problems with all the treats today. It is like someone rewired my brain! No cravings at all.
For those of you that have done this program before, any suggestions will be most welcome!
I guess I will be starting the green menu on Monday. I don't have it yet, is it much different?
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #84  

I also start green menu on Monday.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Do you have it? What is different. I went for my weigh in last night and it was a young inexperienced girl and she didn't give it too me. I guess I will call my center in the morning and ask them.
Good luck!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #86  

I'm getting my green menu today
Old 02-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #87  
Sherry, Senior Member

The green menu has a lot more choices. I'm down 3 lbs in one week!!! YAY!! I start yellow menu Monday!

Be strong everyone!!

Here is your
Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
I would suggest you speak to your consultant and maybe she can change some things around with the menu.. You are allowed just what is on the menu . I believe this menu is for day 5-10, and then you go on to the green menu. I am on maintenance now, and sometimes I forget what menu is what. I just pulled the menu up as I am talking to you. You can have beef once it says for lunch or supper. On the fish, you can have melba toast, you can grind that up and bread the fish and bake it. Maybe find different ways to cook the food. It is a short time, and then you go on to a wider menu .

But all in all, speak with your consultant if you are having a problem with this menu. They will suggest some things.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
Hi ladies! Happy Valentine's Day! I lost 72lbs on MRC 2.5 years ago. I have kept it off, for the most part, but got off track lately and need a little tune up before swimsuit season. MRC changed my life, saved it really. In particular, these message boards were a life saver. Hope to get to know all of you better! My current favorite activities are loving on and riding my horse, Crossfit, and cooking. I re-enrolled yesterday and started preconditioning.
Hello....
So glad to see you ... Nice to see someone that was there when I was losing the weight. Good luck to you...

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #90  
Sherry, Senior Member

Well it's Saturday night, and today was a good day until tonight, I ate off plan (the pre-conditioning that is) but no fret, will start back tomorrow then onto the yellow menu Monday! I'm not going to stress this time around, it doesn't help! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!