Old 02-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 227.5 / 211 / 165

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in this morning and only lost 1.5 pounds. I'm kind of bummed because I stayed 100% on plan. I guess I expected to lose between 3-4 pounds because that's what I lost during preconditioning. This was my first full week on the beige menu. I'm still determined to do this though.

We have my husband's son and nephew this weekend. I made mac and cheese without eating any of it!! It's a small miracle.
tractorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #212  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

tractorbeam: Hang in there, 1.5 lbs is still a good loss, some only lose maybe 1/2-1 lbs. I was shocked that I lost 2.5lbs after not eating 100% on plan. Next week you might have that 3-4 lbs loss. You'll get there.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #213  

Thanks skelley! I'm gonna try to mix things up this week, food wise. Hopefully, that will help. I've been eating the same things, for the most part.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Hi all!
I see so many discouraged folks....Hang in there, ladies! Weight loss is not generally linear. We all hit plateaus - the weight WILL come off. It has to! I like to think of it like this: the body likes stasis - it doesn't want to change if it's comfy. It will fight to stay there and you just have to keep pushing through to make it respond. I agree with what others have said - DON'T eat the same thing in the same order day in and day out. Mix it up. Have your chicken or beef for breakfast and your eggs for lunch. Try some new veggies on the list. Try some new preparations. Mix it up and keep your body guessing. Most of all, do NOT give into the sweets now! It has never worked for you before and it won't work for you now. It's like saying, I'm drowning in 5 ft of water and that makes me feel bad, so I'm gonna go ahead and swim on out to 10ft. Eating right is hard, but being overweight is hard. You gotta choose your hard. Ok, off soap box - much love and much encouragement to all of you! We can DO this!!!!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractorbeam View Post
I weighed in this morning and only lost 1.5 pounds. I'm kind of bummed because I stayed 100% on plan. I guess I expected to lose between 3-4 pounds because that's what I lost during preconditioning. This was my first full week on the beige menu. I'm still determined to do this though.

We have my husband's son and nephew this weekend. I made mac and cheese without eating any of it!! It's a small miracle.
Pre-conditioning always has a higher weight loss b/c you're taking out so many carboHYDRATES. In other words, you lost a lot of water that week. 1.5lbs is AWESOME and you should pat yourself on the back! Scales going in the right direction. Great job leaving the mac and cheese alone! It's the little things we do every day that will get us to goal.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:15 PM   #216  

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm much more positive today. Any time I'm feeling down or overwhelmed these forums are so great for staying on track.