Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Wi today and was down 1lb. I was looking forward to seeing 179 so that I could be in the 170's, but I am hoping that will happen when I wi on Monday. I did get measured today and have lost 25.5 inches! I am super excited about that! NSV today...I was able to get into a pair of jeans I had in my closet that are a smaller size & yes I wore them to the center haha. I hope everyone has a great Saturday!
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

I turned 41 yesterday and at weigh in today I signed the 80 pound board. I am amazed that life is getting better in middle-age. Also, after some very slow weeks, I lost 5 lbs this week. I am loving the Meta-Balance plan!
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default Advice needed

I signed up last Wednesday and will be in preconditioning until next Friday. I have been reading this forum for a week or so and am so thankful for the wealth of information. You seem very supporitive and I am excited about getting to know each of you better. I would assume I will be buying my HSNs on Friday when I get my menu and I am planning on getting the cookbook. I am planning on buying 10 boxes to get the discount and would like some advice on what to buy.

1. Are there any that just just do not like at all?
2. Which ones are used in the cookbook recipies?
3. Which one is your faviorite?

Thanks
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #304  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyKC0SWJ View Post
I turned 41 yesterday and at weigh in today I signed the 80 pound board. I am amazed that life is getting better in middle-age. Also, after some very slow weeks, I lost 5 lbs this week. I am loving the Meta-Balance plan!
Congrats! That's so exciting!!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #305  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffour View Post
I signed up last Wednesday and will be in preconditioning until next Friday. I have been reading this forum for a week or so and am so thankful for the wealth of information. You seem very supporitive and I am excited about getting to know each of you better. I would assume I will be buying my HSNs on Friday when I get my menu and I am planning on getting the cookbook. I am planning on buying 10 boxes to get the discount and would like some advice on what to buy.

1. Are there any that just just do not like at all?
2. Which ones are used in the cookbook recipies?
3. Which one is your faviorite?

Thanks
I don't like the wildberry/mixed berry (can't remember what it's called) concentrate. Tastes like cough medicine to me. Also, blue raspberry. Yuck. And the strawberry-banana gelatin and both of the puddings have a weird aftertaste to me.

Cookbook uses lots of tomato basil, chicken bouillion, and cream of chicken soups. Also, if you want the cheesecake from the cookbook (too rich for me), you'll need vanilla pudding, vanilla shake mix, and lemon drink mix.

My favorite drink is the grape concentrate, followed closely by peach mango, then kiwi-melon. I like the chocolate shake mix, soy crisps, and the hot cocoa and decaf cappuccino have been lifesavers!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #306  
Started Aug 2010

Hi ladies!

I had a long, stressful day at work on Tuesday, then off to Ft. Worth for a vocabulary conference Wed-Fri. Just got back late last night. I weighed in this morning and was relieved I was only up 1/2lb. I figure it's probably just from all the sodium from eating all my meals out, so I'm not sweating it. I'll probably lose it again by Monday.

We did my tanita readings again today, and though they didn't show a big change (I only lost about 5 lbs this month), my measurements were down 11inches from last month, so I'm happy with it.

Hoping for another OP week for us all this week!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all, I got back yesterday from my scrapbooking weekend. I hate to report that I fell of the wagon a little. I didn't eat too bad, but I didn't drink enough water and I didn't eat enough/at the right times. So, my scale definitely reflected it this morning. But, like Teach said, I am also probably retaining ALOT of water, because my ankles actually swelled yesterday, which is very unusual for me. Anyway, back OP today, and a little workout is due for me today. Believe it or not, I actually utilized the hotel gym while I was there, which is an oddity for me.

So, I had a great time, but learned what that great time can cost me (8 pound gain after only three days). I take this as a lesson learned and will move on from here. I will do my best, stay 100% OP, and wi Wednesday.

Last edited by evinsmom; 02-27-2011 at 08:10 AM.
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
We did my tanita readings again today, and though they didn't show a big change (I only lost about 5 lbs this month), my measurements were down 11inches from last month, so I'm happy with it.

Hoping for another OP week for us all this week!
Congrats on the great inches lost!! I find more satisfaction in knowing that I am getting smaller than I do with pounds lost.
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #309  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinsmom View Post
Hi all, I got back yesterday from my scrapbooking weekend. I hate to report that I fell of the wagon a little. I didn't eat too bad, but I didn't drink enough water and I didn't eat enough/at the right times. So, my scale definitely reflected it this morning. But, like Teach said, I am also probably retaining ALOT of water, because my ankles actually swelled yesterday, which is very unusual for me. Anyway, back OP today, and a little workout is due for me today. Believe it or not, I actually utilized the hotel gym while I was there, which is an oddity for me.

So, I had a great time, but learned what that great time can cost me (8 pound gain after only three days). I take this as a lesson learned and will move on from here. I will do my best, stay 100% OP, and wi Wednesday.
I didn't go to my beach party due to the weather here, but I was invited to a Slumber Party on Saturday. She had this amazing cream cheese dip with peppers and veggies in it - and Fritos. UGH, yes I had about a handful, but I too drank tons of water in a concealed cup with a straw & no one knew I was drinking water the whole time!

Keep on track! I know its hard!! You can do it!
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/150

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyKC0SWJ View Post
You are doing awesome. Congratulations, on your birthday and for the 80lbs.
FloridaKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/150

Height: 4'11"

I forgot to post my weight loss on friday. We got so busy with the cd this weekend, but I was down 2lbs. So for our CD photo shoot, I was down almost 15 lbs, and it did make a difference. I got back into my jeans that I couldn't wear last month, and I needed to wear this weekend.

I'm hoping the stress is over so I can really stay focus. The CD is done, photoshoot done, now we just have to wait for the designer. I'm so glad I found MRC earlier this month to at least help even with the little weight loss, and it made a differnce in my face too. So we'll see how everything turns out.

Tomorrow it's back to the walking club. I'm hoping my legs will forgive me, but we have to exercise. And I'm hoping it gets easier.
FloridaKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #312  
Started Aug 2010

Bah! I was doing so well this weekend, and I messed up today.

Girl Scout cookies have arrived in our office (everyone ordered a bunch, now they are setting them out for all to share). I ended up eating about 9 of the peanut butter sandwich cookies (480 calories!).

I need to just move past it, do some damage control (go to yoga early so I can fit a short cardio workout in while I'm there), and plan to stay away from that area for a while.

I will say, though, that they tasted sooooooooo good.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #313  

Default WI for this week

This is a pretty stressful week at work and at school - yeah but what week isn't? WI today at the center, a little earlier than normal but I was down 2 lbs for a total of 9.5 since 2/18.

I haven't had any measurements retaken, but my boyfriend did notice that I lost some of my belly - he said it sweetly though LOL. I was also able to get him to try several meals over the weekend, so I'm super stoked that he's on board with eating healthy. At any meal he didn't like he said he would fix himself something else - but he at least tried it first.

I hope to loose that .5 of a pound by Friday!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #314  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Bah! I was doing so well this weekend, and I messed up today.

Girl Scout cookies have arrived in our office (everyone ordered a bunch, now they are setting them out for all to share). I ended up eating about 9 of the peanut butter sandwich cookies (480 calories!).

I need to just move past it, do some damage control (go to yoga early so I can fit a short cardio workout in while I'm there), and plan to stay away from that area for a while.

I will say, though, that they tasted sooooooooo good.
Ohh, I love Girl Scout Cookies - and World's Finest Chocolate - they are currently in my office as well. I've recruited my admin team to keep them away from me at all costs. I do often "smell" them .. I'm just lucky the Russell Stover's store is out of my way or else I would have to tear up every day .. I just remind myself - those "loves" are the reason I was nearly 300lbs.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Life happens! Have a good workout today!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 212/198/127

Height: 5"4

Hey Ladies-

It's been a while since I've logged in, last week was more stressful than I care to think about My daughter got sick, and then my mom decided to call me at my job, on my work phone, to start cussing me out for no reason other than to be a jerk.

So because food is my comfort of choice, unfortunately I cheated, and couldn't even go to weigh in because of my guilt. But I went in on Saturday and lost 4.5 lbs for the week! So finally I am in ONEDERLAND!!! I haven't been in the 190s since I gave birth to my daughter two years ago

Congratulations to everyone that stayed OP last week and this week!
milasmommy87 is offline   Reply With Quote