Old 03-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Oh yeah Shine on you will love couscous! I can't wait to try that recipe next week! It's one of the foods I got my family to eat while I was on WW.
lv2ski2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #197  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for posting the recipe! That sounds really good. I love spicy foods, so I can hardly wait to make the creole seasoning.

lv2ski2004 - your bmi is lower than mine - I'm at the high end of the healthy range. You have been really good with the exercise. I'm betting we will both lose more than the normal 6 lbs during stabilization. I feel like I can exercise harder now without putting myself into starvation mode. I went all out on my ecliptic tonight for only 30 minutes and it said I burned 425 calories. I'm doing the high energy exercising on my extra starch day this week.
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #198  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Gina:

Meemo: When you finish stab, we should meet up for a healthy lunch sometime--do you ever go to 790 North? They make great lunch salads--I had a grilled redfish salad yesterday there that was really good.

My news--I'm going to Amsterdam next week! I leave on Wednesday and will be gone for a short 5 days but I'm really looking forward to it. It's a girls weekend. I'm meeting some American expat friends from England (we moved from England in 2007) and one friend who is now living near Amsterdam. I'm so glad I'm doing this on maintenance and not trying to be on the green menu LOL!
Well this is what I get for being MIA for a week or so. We used to be stationed in Holland (were there twice for a total of almost 10 years) - would take the train to A'dam for a Mexican food fix. I'm not sure I could be too good even on the maintenance menu there - I'd be eating all my favorite Dutch treats (don't even ask!) not to mention having a few "real" Heinekens! Guess you're there now - can't wait to hear about it!

And no I've not been to 790 North but every time we drive by there I think "I want to try that place"! So I'm up for it. Assuming I ever get through stinkin' stabilization! Still trying to get to week 4. It's been a rough couple of weeks - all mental. But it's gotten better since the weather has turned nice.

Last edited by Meemo; 03-12-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #199  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Finz: That will be so much fun for you. We lived in England for 3 years back in the 70s (DH was in the Air Force), but I've never been back. We spent a weekend in Amsterdam one fall and loved it. I'm envious...but you truly deserve a great trip like that for all your hard work. ENJOY!
I didn't realize your husband had been AF - when in the 70s were you over there? We went to Holland for our first tour in 1976.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #200  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMom View Post
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here. I have been doing the MRC diet for 5 months and have lost 50 lbs. I am just 6 lbs from my goal and have a question about stabilization and maintenance. I was told that you have to continue all of the the supplements (vitamins, flax, mrc-6, enhancer, cortatrim, and msm) during stabilization and that most people do it during maintenance too. Is this true? I really don't want to have this added expense the rest of my life. Has anyone done stabilization or maintenance without the supplements?

Thanks!
I did maintenance for 18 months just fine taking only vitamins. MSM I take for my joints. Flax is just healthy overall. But the weight-loss stuff - MRC-6, enhancer, cortatrim - nope.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #201  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2ski2004 View Post
Thanks ladies! That's kinda how I felt. I know I could probably firm up and I can guarantee that will go down as I start lifting this spring etc... but right now trying to get a shoulder to feel better. I could switch around the exercise and see what that does but to me it's not worth paying for another 6 weeks. My BMI was at like 22 or 23 I'd have to look when I go in but it's in a very healthy range. So I think I will push forward with this. Then if I see my body gaining weight then I could add that 6 weeks on but I'm really ready for the next step!

Thanks for listening to me vent!

Tina
Tina,

My Tanita reading was 33% when I finished. When I asked my center about it they said not to worry that it's based on age too. I will be 59 in April. Of course I would like to weigh 125 like I did when I was in my 20's again but realistically that is not possible to maintain. I think you are making a wise choice.
MrsPhibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #202  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I didn't realize your husband had been AF - when in the 70s were you over there? We went to Holland for our first tour in 1976.
We were at RAF Bentwaters (Suffolk County) from 1969-1972. My son was born at RAF Lakenheath. We were as poor as church mice, but had an absolute ball living overseas. Oh, for the good ol' days...
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #203  
Em

Quote:
We were at RAF Bentwaters (Suffolk County) from 1969-1972. My son was born at RAF Lakenheath. We were as poor as church mice, but had an absolute ball living overseas. Oh, for the good ol' days...
Ain't that the truth? My daughter was born in Holland - in a Dutch hospital - and we did have fun. We've said many a time we were in at the right time.

We were pretty poor too at first (I remember him passing me a message once when he was TDY that he'd written a $50 check & I thought "Great, we're $50 overdrawn!" Thank goodness for the overseas "float"!) But the exchange rate was good back then and we didn't have kids the first couple of years (got pregnant the 3rd year we were there). Sometimes it's hard to believe how long ago that was!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #204  
Gina

We were at RAF Alconbury from 89 - 95. My daughter was a year old when we moved there - she turns 21 in a couple weeks!! The best assignment of our lives. A big outing was filling up the gas tank, packing a lunch and picking an attraction on the map. When I got a GS job, I taught a class called traveling on a shoe string budget - I'd gotten really good at it by then. What great memories!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #205  

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm an RAF Chicksand veteran myself - '80 - '82. Loved how close we were to London and went to many, many plays and live events there.
kismet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #206  
Gina

Hi Ladies, had my first stabilization wi this morning. Down a 1/2 lb since Monday which is pretty good since TOM came to town last night & I woke up swollen. In fact, I was dreaming I was swellling up like a balloon!! But, I managed to have a great run today - 3.66 miles which is the most I've ever run!!! I've got a few 5k's I'm planning on running and I start training on Monday for a 10k. There are 3 I want to go to in May that are between 10k (6.4 miles) and 7 miles. I am still pinching myself, I can't believe I'm a runner and I am so totally in love with it!! Our center manager asked me today if I ever would have thought this was possible 100 lbs ago and there is NO WAY! I couldn't run more than 2 minutes in January, let alone even dreamed it a year ago. Anyway, just wanted to share my happy Friday the 13th with you. Have a great weekend!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #207  
Gina

Also, I get to go shopping for a nice form fitting outfit this weekend. Monday is our stabilization party and I can hardly wait for a new photo. I'm much trimmer than I am in this one. Even though my weight is the same now, I've really lost inches through my mid section. Can hardly wait to post it!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #208  

Shine on-
Congrats on the new outfit! How much fun is that! Also way to go on the running! I'm sooo jealous! I love the thought of running but my knees won't hold up! Anyways good job and I can't wait to hear how you do.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #209  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Quote:
Ok, now I feel like I have to get involved. I wasn't stationed anywhere...! HaHa.... However, TJ (my love) was there twice. When he was a kid his Dad was stationed at Greenham Common (75-77), and then when TJ was active duty, his first assignment was at Upper Hayford (83-85). He's always wanting to go back. Me? Notsomuch... but I'm quite sure it's beautiful! I just want to go to Ireland first!

I had my week 2 stabilization meeting today and am soooo looking forward to adding fruit in at breakfast. I LOVE FRUIT! And, I was down 1.5 lbs....! Very cool!!! I'm liking this stabilization deal thus far....
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #210  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Ok, now I feel like I have to get involved. I wasn't stationed anywhere...! HaHa.... However, TJ (my love) was there twice. When he was a kid his Dad was stationed at Greenham Common (75-77), and then when TJ was active duty, his first assignment was at Upper Hayford (83-85). He's always wanting to go back. Me? Notsomuch... but I'm quite sure it's beautiful! I just want to go to Ireland first!

I had my week 2 stabilization meeting today and am soooo looking forward to adding fruit in at breakfast. I LOVE FRUIT! And, I was down 1.5 lbs....! Very cool!!! I'm liking this stabilization deal thus far....
Congrats! I sooo can't wait until Monday to have my first meeting! I only hope that I do as well as you. Fruit at breakfast sounds wonderful!