Old 03-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #271  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

The first week, you do get a carb at lunch and rice, pasta & potatoe are on the list (and popcorn ) You'll be here before you know it!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #272  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
The first week, you do get a carb at lunch and rice, pasta & potatoe are on the list (and popcorn ) You'll be here before you know it!
Thanks so much for the info!
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Denise-
Congrats on facing those giants! You can do it and it's amazing to see who we have grown into. I'm so not the same person I was back then and I truly don't want to be that same person. But there are always ghosts in the closet that we have to face when confronted with those it can be hard and just throw us back into that mindset! But I know with the growth you have done in the last year that you will do awesome!

Remember we are not given more than we can handle!

Also I have a friend that loves that greek yogurt. I'm sure she gets it at King's but I'll double check! I can't wait for the dairy at breakfast! I'll probably use it in my coffee! Yummmm I miss that soooo much!

I went in today and actually lost all the weight I had gained in the last 2 weeks between our trip and TOM. So it officially put me at 50 lbs! Plus I get the fruit this week at breakfast! YEAH! Wish it was everyday but you can bet I'll enjoy it on the days I get it. My first one will be a banana, I've missed those sooo much!

Have a great Monday and I hope no one in CO blows away!
lv2ski2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #274  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Back from the wedding - eek. Not a good weekend - amazing how much damage you can do with 2 days of fast food & spending 12 hrs in the car - and I wasn't making the good choices with the fast food. So still waiting to go back in to the center - I'm so stinkin' stubborn about that, and it's dumb. Anyone else I'd be telling to suck it up & go in - but me, not so much.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #275  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Back from the wedding - eek. Not a good weekend - amazing how much damage you can do with 2 days of fast food & spending 12 hrs in the car - and I wasn't making the good choices with the fast food. So still waiting to go back in to the center - I'm so stinkin' stubborn about that, and it's dumb. Anyone else I'd be telling to suck it up & go in - but me, not so much.
Oh I soooo know that feeling! But you can do it! It's hardest for me when traveling! All those fast food yummy things! But then again after I eat it I feel like crap! Good luck! jump back on program and you can do it!

Hope the wedding was fun!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #276  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Oh boy, I know how you feel. I did wait a few days to go in, too, but you've got to do it. I almost didn't go in this morning but I was scared that I would just keep putting it off. You're right-you're going to have to just suck it up and go!

lv2ski2004: Congrats on losing that extra & getting to 50-what a good feeling, hm?
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #277  
Gina

I know what you mean. When I've eaten off plan, like this weekend, I just want to avoid. I went in today and was up - I'm embarassed to say 4 lbs, but I was swollen. I really thought they would make me repeat week 2, but they let me move on. I made myself write down my off plan choices. The crazy thing was, I went to a restaurant I knew was bad (spaghetti factory), but still managed to find something I could eat (grilled cajun shrimp with steamed veggies) and then ate the darn cheesy garlic toast & cheese stick my family ordered and 2 glasses of red wine. Darn it! I had a nice long run this morning - boy am I sore, our wind was strong today and I'm really feeling it. I know I will rebound quickly, but I realize that if I'm in a controlled environment I do fine. If I go in hungry (no HNS with me before dinner), I just have no will power which frustrates the heck out of me. I'm not going to stress over it. It just proves, once again, that I don't have this food issue entirely under control. At least I recognize what's going on though.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #278  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

You ladies crack me up. Not much activity for a few days then a huge flurry of comments, confessions, and thoughts. You have inspired me to go back to the center and weigh in. I've gotten lazy lately and haven't gone in almost a month (since before I went to Colorado skiing earlier this month). I'll probably be within a couple of pounds from when I last weighed in but I know how they can invite some friends. Best to nip it in the bud.

NSV: went to the doctor today and he told me that I looked very fit. That may be why I've been able to cheat and eat extra calories and not do too much damage. Ron and I are doing a push-up program called "Six weeks to 100 push-ups". They also have one "Six weeks to 200 sit-ups" which I will try next. Last week I biked 4 days. Don't think the weather will cooperate this weeks though.

Glad to see all the activity on this board again. I will let you know how weigh in goes tomorrow.
MrsPhibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #279  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2ski2004 View Post
Denise-
Congrats on facing those giants! You can do it and it's amazing to see who we have grown into. I'm so not the same person I was back then and I truly don't want to be that same person. But there are always ghosts in the closet that we have to face when confronted with those it can be hard and just throw us back into that mindset! But I know with the growth you have done in the last year that you will do awesome!

Remember we are not given more than we can handle!

Also I have a friend that loves that greek yogurt. I'm sure she gets it at King's but I'll double check! I can't wait for the dairy at breakfast! I'll probably use it in my coffee! Yummmm I miss that soooo much!

I went in today and actually lost all the weight I had gained in the last 2 weeks between our trip and TOM. So it officially put me at 50 lbs! Plus I get the fruit this week at breakfast! YEAH! Wish it was everyday but you can bet I'll enjoy it on the days I get it. My first one will be a banana, I've missed those sooo much!

Have a great Monday and I hope no one in CO blows away!
Thank you so much; I really really appreciate the encouragement and you are totally right. We are not given more than we can handle.

I'm totally going to check on the greek yogurt tonight at King Soopers. I hope it's there.

Congrats on losing the weight and being at 50lbs! Isn't it just wonderful!

Oh my gosh, that wind was just awful yesterday.... I work in Denver and it's not bad today here, but my husband who is in Greeley sounded like he was going to get blown down the street just now (I spoke to him on his cell... he's a letter carrier)! Hope he grabs onto a flag pole or something and holds steady!!!!
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #280  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

I have class tonight... It's called DE STRESS. I think I need this class. I think it is possibly the best timing ever! Do you think they might just be offering massages instead of all that talking we usually do? hmmmm. I can hope.

So, I don't know if I've talked about this before but I volunteer for hospice and I have a wonderful lady I work with every week.

Today, I was thinking about the visit we had last night and I think it helped me put some things in perspective.

I'm stressed about going through these boxes and the old memories, etc.... She's dying. She's been having a wave of people visiting non stop for a month to see her.... they are there to say goodbye. She's having to deal with a body that is no longer able to serve her, and children not ready to let her go. She's not ready to go. But, it is what it is. She cannot change it. Instead she has made a decision to move through the process with grace, courage, strength and dignity.

Perspective.

Last edited by namaste; 03-25-2009 at 09:58 AM.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #281  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I have class tonight... It's called DE STRESS. I think I need this class. I think it is possibly the best timing ever! Do you think they might just be offering massages instead of all that talking we usually do? hmmmm. I can hope.

So, I don't know if I've talked about this before but I volunteer for hospice and I have a wonderful lady I work with every week. Today, I was thinking about our latest visit (last night actually) and I think it helped me put some things in perspective. I'm stressed about going through these boxes and the old memories, etc.... She's dying. She's been having a wave of people visiting non stop for a month to see her.... they are there to say goodbye. She's having to deal with a body that is no longer able to serve her, and children not ready to let her go. She's not ready to go. But, it is what it is. And, she's moving through it gracefully.... with strength and courage.

Perspective.
Thank you for sharing that. Incredibly powerful and a good reminder that life is a gift everyday - go out there and live it to the fullest while you still have the chance!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 217/156.5/160

I need some advice. I am really having a hard time getting rid of my old clothes. I seem to want to hang on to them even though I am four sizes smaller. And today I went shopping for shorts (since the old ones are way too big) and I almost bought a pair of shorts that were a size bigger than I needed, "just in case". (My 16 year old daughter talked me out of buying them.) I think I am afraid of gaining the weight back - I haven't been this weight in over 20 years.
COMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #283  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMom View Post
I need some advice. I am really having a hard time getting rid of my old clothes. I seem to want to hang on to them even though I am four sizes smaller. And today I went shopping for shorts (since the old ones are way too big) and I almost bought a pair of shorts that were a size bigger than I needed, "just in case". (My 16 year old daughter talked me out of buying them.) I think I am afraid of gaining the weight back - I haven't been this weight in over 20 years.
The fact that you are aware is the first step. Really spend some time with this - journaling or analyzing - whatever works. When I hit the 100 lb lost mark in Oct and started on our trips, I kept thinking "take a picture of me - I don't know how long I can hold on at this weight". Luckily, I caught myself sabotaging and was able to stop it before it got too out of hand. I spent sometime figuring this out. Now I'm 1.5 lbs from my Oct weight and I really feel like this is my size I want to stay and know that I can through changed behaviors and exercise. I'm not afraid of gaining the weight again. With all that said, I didn't have any clothes to fall back into. I had gotten rid of everything that was too big, so my clothes were getting really uncomfortable and not that attractive on. I think that's what pushed me to admit that I wasn't ready to start maintenance yet. I was determined to not buy bigger cothes when I had just invested money in a new wardrope! Make sure to talk to your favorite consultant about this too - they may be able to guide you through. I'm glad that you caught this - now you can do something about it!!! You CAN do it!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #284  

Okay ladies! We are having a snow day as are the rest of you CO ladies and those are bad days for me b/c all I want to do is bake! That's a temptation I don't really need! Trying to stay strong so we will see. I had soup and 1/2 a bagle for lunch so I'm really full right now!

Just had to share!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #285  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMom View Post
My short answer is "get rid of the clothes!!!" Keeping those clothes is like giving yourself permission to gain the weight back. Sell them in a garage sale, take them to a consignment shop, take them to Goodwill, heck - have a ceremony & burn them! But do NOT keep them. And do NOT buy clothes a size too big. Don't assume failure! I can tell you from personal experience, if I hadn't gotten rid of all my old clothes I would've regained even more weight than I did - as it was, once I got to where I was down to a very limited wardrobe (a closet full of clothes but not many that fit) I refused to buy more, I sucked it up & got back on program so I could get back into those clothes in the closet.

It's not bad to have a healthy "fear" of regaining the weight (because quite frankly it's very easy to do if you stop paying attention) - but don't give yourself permission to regain it by having a closet full of clothes to wear if you do. You can do this - enjoy your new body and dress it in clothes that fit!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote