Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
SIGS - I put the hummus recipe on the recipe thread, compliments of dla, it can be tweaked to meet your specific plan requirements. I likely will skip the chicken. The cilantro will certainly take the place of the tahini for flavor. I will be trying this over the upcoming weekend. I'm a total hummus junkie and portion control will be my challenge but I have to face it because I need a fix. I can do it. Thanks dla for sending it.
Thanks! I LOVE hummus, too. There's a mediterranean restaurant in Houston that we used to go to just for the hummus. I know that tahini is one of the impt flavors, but what exactly is it and why isn't it legal?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #332  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

This is me <----- a wee bit smaller! I seem to be loosing my rear end and legs, but the tummy is hanging on! Soon I will look like a pumpkin standing on toothpicks.

It has been an odd week, I havent been feeling real well, cant put my finger on it, just under the weather.....and though I have not been off plan as far as eating the wrong foods, I havent really been on plan either, cause I am not drinking enough....so I didnt go for weigh in on Monday, but Im going Thursday...and am thinking that I may get a great big boost of - FOLOW THE PLAN EXACTLY!!!!

Congrats on everyones loses this week!!! Way to go

Last edited by theycallmemom; 08-27-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #333  

Default Posting Replies?

Just how does everyone post a reply with multiple quotes from different people especially when there are multiple pages of posts? Some trick I haven't found or are you using multiple windows?

Every time I reply to someone, I get shot to the end of posts and then have to backtrack & figure out where I left off. Frustrating.

NSV yesterday: Went out to dinner with hubby & some of his office staff. Those dinners are my big times to drink. Didn't touch a drop Stayed totally OP all day. On of the ladies did get sort of annoyed with me, tried to tell the waitress that I WOULD have a drink & bring me one. Funny, because the few times she hasn't had a drink, I don't give her heck!

Of course, I got up this morning & GAINED two pounds I know it was overload at the gym yesterday & all the extra gallons of water I drank at dinner trying to be good. Even though I KNOW that, it is still depressing. I really only need to weigh myself on Mondays after I haven't been to the gym in a few days. The same thing happened a couple of weeks ago, folks started telling me I looked smaller, I felt smaller, but the scales were up. I really just need to get out a measuring tape, but I can't even do that accurately.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #334  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

They call me mom- You look great keep up the good work!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #335  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
Just how does everyone post a reply with multiple quotes from different people especially when there are multiple pages of posts? Some trick I haven't found or are you using multiple windows?

Every time I reply to someone, I get shot to the end of posts and then have to backtrack & figure out where I left off. Frustrating.
At the bottom of each message is the quote box and next to it is a box with a large " mark. That is the multi quote. Just click on that on each message that you want to reply to and they will show up!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:47 AM   #336  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post

It has been an odd week, I havent been feeling real well, cant put my finger on it, just under the weather.....and though I have not been off plan as far as eating the wrong foods, I havent really been on plan either, cause I am not drinking enough....so I didnt go for weigh in on Monday, but Im going Thursday...and am thinking that I may get a great big boost of - FOLOW THE PLAN EXACTLY!!!!
You may be literally "under the weather" - we were all feeling a little headachey around here the last few days, realized it must be Fay & her pressure system messing with our sinuses.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #337  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post

I don't know if it's a 3FC thing or a Mac thing, but I found that when I post a reply, if I use the browser "back" button the first click takes me to the box where I typed my reply, the second takes me back to the post I replied to. That saved me some aggravation, especially when I get a few pages behind!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
SIGS - 5HTP states it is for mood support, the center sold it to me because I was cranky and had trouble sleeping. It contains hydroxytryptophan and the does is 1-4 at bedtime. I take 1 however not on a nightly basis.

Thanks all for the tips on the Liquid Minerals, I'll have to check that out on our next trip to Sam's. The bottle I have is from my starter package the 1st of June so has lasted quite awhile. I use it only if I feel tired and run down.

Does anyone take the MSM, what are you thoughts/opinions on that supplement? SchoonCR?
I have to be honest, I am not sure what MSM stands for. Let me know.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #339  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
SIGS - Does anyone take the MSM, what are you thoughts/opinions on that supplement? SchoonCR?
MSM is methylsulfonylmethane.

I started taking it earlier this week and I'm not sure what I would notice as a difference. From my research online it is supposed to help with the regeneration on new healthy cells.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Not sure how close the formulation is to MRC, but a 30-day supply of Liquid Minerals is under $10 at Sam's.
If it is the one I bought it tastes horrible!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #341  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
MSM is methylsulfonylmethane.

I started taking it earlier this week and I'm not sure what I would notice as a difference. From my research online it is supposed to help with the regeneration on new healthy cells.
It also helps your joints.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #342  

SIGS - I am on the road for business. I will try and update it this weekend.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #343  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

I take the Trace Minerals from the center and it is not to bad, I only take it when I need or remember to take it, It works ok but not for long maybe a hr or so.

I updated my weight loss pictures on my profile, It is crazy how you look so dif. in the pictures but I guess when you look at your self everyday you really don't notice the change.

Great weight loss everyone,

I am going to give my self a min. goal for the rest of the week to loses 2 pounds for the week. I am down .5 as of Monday so maybe I can get that other 1.5 pounds off by Friday......

Last edited by JSTUCKLY; 08-27-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #344  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Thanks! I LOVE hummus, too. There's a mediterranean restaurant in Houston that we used to go to just for the hummus. I know that tahini is one of the impt flavors, but what exactly is it and why isn't it legal?
Tahini is ground sesame seeds, 8 grams of fat per tablespoon and something I am sure is not allowed so I won't even ask. My DH makes the best hummus I have ever tasted even at the middle eastern restuarants but he uses alot of tahini, I think it also adds to the texture. I think an excellant hummus can still be achieved without it though and intend on finding it. I will look at it, taste it with my finger as I recite portion control in my head
Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #345  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I don't know if it's a 3FC thing or a Mac thing, but I found that when I post a reply, if I use the browser "back" button the first click takes me to the box where I typed my reply, the second takes me back to the post I replied to. That saved me some aggravation, especially when I get a few pages behind!
I've done that, but I'm always afraid it will do something to my post. I guess I just need to get use to this format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
At the bottom of each message is the quote box and next to it is a box with a large " mark. That is the multi quote. Just click on that on each message that you want to reply to and they will show up!
Thanks. I'm a do-do sometimes. I clicked on the multi-quote but nothing seemed to happen--until I clicked on the regular quote button afterwards. I guess it just takes a bit of poking around.
Closed Thread