Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #481  

CRAZY hungry tonight and the past couple of nights. I get this way about a week before my period. Arrrgghhhh! This is something new in about the past year. I guess there are worse PMS symptoms, but it is difficult. I don't need this anymore. Sometimes I wish for menopause. At least I won't be freaky cold all the time and maybe not so hungry?

I just keep drinking and trying to distract myself. I'll be in the bathroom all night long......
Old 08-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
When I was going to the center, I had to buy several & test them. I'd weigh, go to the center & weigh, come home & weigh again. I kept the one that was closest to the one in the center. It still varied though.

Do not buy one of the scales that measure body fat. I found that they are terribly inaccurate & vary greatly. I found an article once that also said they are even more inaccurate for women than men because we tend to hold fat lower in our body. Hence, the machines will overestimate most women's fat & underestimate men's.

I WISH I could justify buying one like the MRC center's use. Those are about as accurate you are going to get without having the measures done professionally.
Thanks for the info. Since I do this over the phone and via internet I have never weighed on one of their scales, so I figure whatever I have at home will be consistent and I can measure loss that way. I just think that I need a digital so I can celebrate every tiny victory . I am a pear shape, so I definitely don't want one of those body fat scales given the info you have shared. So you are a saint for sharing that tidbit lol.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #483  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
CRAZY hungry tonight and the past couple of nights. I get this way about a week before my period. Arrrgghhhh! This is something new in about the past year. I guess there are worse PMS symptoms, but it is difficult. I don't need this anymore. Sometimes I wish for menopause. At least I won't be freaky cold all the time and maybe not so hungry?

I just keep drinking and trying to distract myself. I'll be in the bathroom all night long......
Hang in there! I was in your shoes last week and it was not fun. I felt bad for my coworkers....starting a diet and PMSing....lol. Oh yeah, I work with a bunch of good old boys, it was an interesting week. It will get better soon. Stay strong sister!

Last edited by SeekingSvelteness; 08-30-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #484  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Hi all, we are in the process of moving so haven't had the chance to check in very much. Congrats to all on their loses. There is such an awesome community here on 3 fat chicks.

I'm down another pound this week but kind of kicking myself. I am 1 pound from the 30lb board and should have made it this week. I know the problem though...to many little bites and licks. No major cheats just little tastes here and there. Time for a u-turn. I need to refocus!!!

Thelish...Good for you, another pound down. You look great! As a fairly newbee to MRC, all of you are motivating to me. Thanks to all of you !!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #485  

I am so glad I got smart enough to put pics on here now. Look at my man, ain't he sweet? (Don't worry, I love my cats, I don't LOVE my cats lol)
Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #486  

pbolton, I just looked at your pics....AMAZING! Did you lose that weight on this diet the first time? You look like a completely different, and may I say, smoking hot, lady
Old 08-31-2008, 01:10 AM   #487  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSvelteness View Post
Thanks for the info. Since I do this over the phone and via internet I have never weighed on one of their scales, so I figure whatever I have at home will be consistent and I can measure loss that way. I just think that I need a digital so I can celebrate every tiny victory . I am a pear shape, so I definitely don't want one of those body fat scales given the info you have shared. So you are a saint for sharing that tidbit lol.
I have a Weight Watchers digital scale. It seems fairly accurate; I weigh the same on this one as I do in the doctor's office...
Old 08-31-2008, 08:52 AM   #488  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I am so glad I got smart enough to put pics on here now. Look at my man, ain't he sweet? (Don't worry, I love my cats, I don't LOVE my cats lol)
Oh my goodness did our cats come from the same litter. They look identical in the face. However my cat (his name is Crusty) is the kind of cat you have to put in lock down if someone comes to visit. Very terrotial, very strange sounds come out of him when someone even approaches the door. He's my watch kitty
Old 08-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #489  
One Hot Mama

S/C/G: 155.5/149/125

Height: 5'0

Cool

Hi ladies! I'm a newbie here..I had posted a while back when I first joined the board but had to wait a few weeks to start MRC to save up some $$$, cuz we all know it ain't cheap! I'm on Day 4 of preconditioning and start on the yellow menu for days 1-4 on Tuesday.....Got all my shopping done yesterday and I"m ready to go...any advice??? I'm looking forward to sharing my journing with y'all!

**How in the world do you get your pics on here? It keeps telling me mine is too big no matter how small I try to make it!
Old 08-31-2008, 02:32 PM   #490  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

I signed the 30lb board on Saturday. WoooHooo!! I have 20.5 left to lose. Has anyone here made their goal weight during the time period they set, yet?
Old 08-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #491  

Quote:
Hang in there! I was in your shoes last week and it was not fun. I felt bad for my coworkers....starting a diet and PMSing....lol. Oh yeah, I work with a bunch of good old boys, it was an interesting week. It will get better soon. Stay strong sister!
Hubby is being as patient as he can with me this weekend and trying to distract me

Quote:
pbolton, I just looked at your pics....AMAZING! Did you lose that weight on this diet the first time? You look like a completely different, and may I say, smoking hot, lady
There are quite a few acquaintances I've run across since I've lost the weight who don't even recognize me. That can be convenient at times The 1st time, after my 2nd was born, I lost around 40 lbs. This last time, four years ago, I lost 90ish. Still plugging away; I tend to go up & down around 15 lbs. I'd like to close that gap a bit, but at least I'm much better than I use to be.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

Default Corti-Trim...

Hi all, I just realized that based on the dosing schedule for Corti-Trim, one bottle lasts only 10 days!!! So, that's 40 bucks every 10 days, JUST for those, not to mention HNS - MRC6 - and Thermagenics...

Question...somewhere on here I thought I saw an alternative to Corti-Trim and where to get it...I can't find the post now. SO, anybody have a suggestion? I am getting my flax oil and multi from Walgreen's...

Thanks so much. BTW, I started my yellow menu today...day 1...and I'm starving! It's mind tricks...because normally I would not be so hungry. I'll be glad to go back to work Tuesday for distraction!!!!!

Rosemary
Old 08-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #493  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Hi all, I just realized that based on the dosing schedule for Corti-Trim, one bottle lasts only 10 days!!! So, that's 40 bucks every 10 days, JUST for those, not to mention HNS - MRC6 - and Thermagenics...

Question...somewhere on here I thought I saw an alternative to Corti-Trim and where to get it...I can't find the post now. SO, anybody have a suggestion? I am getting my flax oil and multi from Walgreen's...

Thanks so much. BTW, I started my yellow menu today...day 1...and I'm starving! It's mind tricks...because normally I would not be so hungry. I'll be glad to go back to work Tuesday for distraction!!!!!

Rosemary
I think Scoonr told us we could get Corti-Slim. But I think it was online.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #494  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post

Rosemary
You know, I went and looked at my receipt and my Corti-trim was $75 for 180 pills. If I take 6 a day (2 with each meal) that should last me 30 days, right? I never trust my own math! Maybe they charged you the wrong price?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

My bottle was only 60 caplets...so, 10 days...your bottle should last a month, you are right! I wonder why they didn't offer me the 180 count bottle for 75 bucks...at the rate I'm paying it would be $120 for 3 bottles of 60. I'll have to ask them about the bigger bottle.

Also - did you find out where to get those toffee HNS creamies? I don't think I ever saw the response. I can't have creamies until day 5, but I will be very ready for some sweet things.
Closed Thread