Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #46  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Back from WI. Down 1 lb. Signed the 30 lb board. And actually made the goal weight that we initially set when I signed. But I am not quite ready to say I am done. Went shopping yesterday and bought size 10 pants. Really happy about that. I do not know when the last time was that I could wear a 10.
WOW a size 10! Congrats taht's awesome! That's the size I want to be!!

momofboys - I made the zuchini/mushroom/garlic stir fry thingy you talked about and wow, it was YUM-O! I think it's my new favorite dish. That and pizza are my new staples. Makes me feel like I'm eating real food and not diet food! And I bought the cauliflower to make the mock mashed potatoes.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 AM   #47  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
YAY!!! Just have a minute, but wanted to share that I FINALLY quit my "1 pound back-and-forth" plateau or whatever it was... Today at WI I lost 2.5 pounds! I really want that 30 pound board by the 4th.

My contract is up on the 4th. I'm pretty sure I will resign. I thought about trying to do this myself, since I have the tools...but think maybe I'll do better with a few cheerleaders and some accountability. And, I was thinking of lowering my goal to 135... Just trying to decide what to do - really tight with money right now...

Congrats to all the losers who posted...I saw several of you out there!!!
Crystal, Did you do anything special to stop the back and forth gain loss of that lb. I did Metaquick last week and dropped 2.5 after 2 weeks on plateau and then TOM came and upped me 4lbs. I'm growing discouraged because I have not seen even remotely close to the losses I saw in the first 10 days or so and now seem to be bouncing. I am going to try metaquick again starting today, maybe that will get something going at least between now and next TOM.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #48  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Wow...MRC has it's own thread page now...I knew it would happen eventually.

For those who remember me, I'm still pregnant. I know it really only feels that way. Baby is growing well and moving and kicking all over the place. I won't talk about how much weight I have put on, but lets just say that I know how I got to my original weight now...it's called "eat whatever you want, whenever you want". I know how to take it back off, right? I am searching high and low for my copy of the breastfeeding menu...thats what I'll go on once Baby is born...I might have to go back in and get it. I have 4 months of plan left, still paid for. I don't know what I'll do after that, probably go it alone...or just with you all anyway...I don't think our new one-income lifestyle will afford MRC. We'll see when we get there.

Just wanted to stop in a say hi. Stay positive. I felt great on MRC and it made my pregnancy possible!! Love seeing all the new names.
Hey Sam, glad to hear baby is doing good. Yes, I know you can take the weight off. You were one of the ones in the beginning, when I started, that really helped me. Pull all of your MRC stuff together, and I am sure with our help and your knowledge, you will get baby weight plus some off in no time when you are ready!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 07-01-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #49  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quick Update..

I went in and had a heart to heart with my counselor yesterday. I feel bad b/c I asked who I was going to see and they told me who it was and I made a face so she passed my folder off to the girl I really wanted to see. Now I hurt the other lady's feelings. UGH! I just really wanted to see the one I saw b/c she's so sweet and I knew I was going to cry and I just feel more comfortable with her.

Anyway..I totally broke down b/c I'm under a tremendous amount of stress due to some work issues and I just have been holding it in and trying to project sunshine and happiness (totally not my personality, but I thought it was best). It's finally getting the better of me and I'm handling it in many different ways (eating totally off plan is one of them).

My counselor was awesome and caring. She shut the door and I literally cried on her shoulder. I told her I wanted to start over or do something drastic to get back on track. After I explained to her her what my stress issues were she basically told me that I should just take it one day at a time and do the best I can on the green menu. She said at worst I could try the blue menu for a few days to kick myself back in gear and give my body a change, but basically to not beat myself up over the diet and try my best to at least get my drinks, water and herbs in and eat on plan as best I could. Try not to be so strict about my goal date (that I set for myself) and take one step at a time.

So..there you have it. I was up 2.5 lbs but I had jeans and a regular shirt on so I think I was probably just up 1-1.5. Either way, I'm still at more than 30lbs lost (I was worried about going back under that again) and I think I'm back down again today.

I'm really trying to stay on track and seriously don't even want to eat today. I think I'll just do Meta-Quick this week b/c I don't feel like eating anything and if I start eating off plan I won't stop.

I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I appreciate everyone's support here.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #50  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Rocki...I don't know what your stressors are exactly...but stress is stress and it makes us do silly things.

Here are some suggestions that I use (I work from home, so stress there isn't a factor, but I care for a special needs child, and the stress from that can sometimes become unbearable. As a child with his needs, he knows not what he is doing at times, and it is unintentional, but to an adult, we carry the load):
1) find time for yourself DAILY, even if it is a 10 min walk down your block. I find that this is a major thing for me.
2) breath..step away from the problem, and think, is this something that I can control? if so, figuare out a strategy to control it (not with food ) if not, figuare out how you can most positively deal with the situation (not with food ).
3) Write down a list of things that are important for you or goals you have set for yourself...put those on your fridge/desk/nightstand, and next to the goal or important item..write how you can achieve it. Each day reflect on that list and note if you are moving in a positive direction, basically it is like reevaluating yourself on a regular basis.
4) Find a hobby/task/chore/activity that you really love, and make sure that you get to do that at least 1 time a month, with no questions or interruptions.
5) Don't pressure yourself to be perfect, perfection is just an image, we can't be perfect, we are human.

Lastly, write down what your trigger foods are. Try to then come up with a healthy alternative version of your trigger foods. Example..big juicy burger, instead make a turkey/bison burger top with lettuce/tomato/mustard and eat it over a piece of low calorie bread (open faced). You will still get your big juicy burger craving filled, but have a healthy alternate when you just have to have it. You might have to get creative on the list, but in the end, you will have a plan for yourself, when you go diving off the cliff If you can learn to choose the healthier side of the evils then you won't completely derail yourself from all of your positive changes.
Eating is just masking your stress, then when all is said and done, it makes you feel horrible because you are beating yourself up about it.
Good Luck, I hope you can put together a positive plan to help you through this tough time.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Crystal, Did you do anything special to stop the back and forth gain loss of that lb. I did Metaquick last week and dropped 2.5 after 2 weeks on plateau and then TOM came and upped me 4lbs. I'm growing discouraged because I have not seen even remotely close to the losses I saw in the first 10 days or so and now seem to be bouncing. I am going to try metaquick again starting today, maybe that will get something going at least between now and next TOM.
DK ... check with your center first ... we've always been told that Metaquick is only for 7 days every 4 weeks. (only once a month) It's pretty low-cal, you don't want your body to go into starvation mode, where it holds on to everything. I know that in special circumstances they will approve you for 2 weeks per month, but usually not this early. Hang in there --- maybe focus on the eating changes and not the numbers for a little bit (I know how hard that is though! )
Old 07-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #52  
vonda

S/C/G: 214/177/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! Never posted before....

Love the MRC program...Lost 21.5 pounds in 35 days!! whoo hoo!!

However, there are recipes from the cookbook that I would love to prepare, but our center hasn't had the tomato supplement since I've been going and apparently hasn't had it for quite a few months. Is anyone else having this problem? Just wondering...

Feels great to read SO much support..
Old 07-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #53  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

SAM!!! Thanks for stopping by i am sooo glad you and baby are doing good!
dkmd27-Thanks i think just dropping the clothing size and feeling great every morning is what made me turn that corner and stay on track! How have you been? Have you been down to green valley latley?
Rock j- I am so glad you got to speak with a person at the center you felt comfortable with, that is always important and i am glad you are back on track!
Goal- Thanks for all the suggestions you gave for rocki i think they can be useful to us all ! You are such an inspiration, Thanks for posting.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #54  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

By the way 3 more pounds everyone and the 30 pound board is MINE!! I hope i get through the 4th ok so i can sign that board on monday!! Wish me luck
Old 07-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #55  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
By the way 3 more pounds everyone and the 30 pound board is MINE!! I hope i get through the 4th ok so i can sign that board on monday!! Wish me luck
Alexiah..you can do it! Keep your goals in front of you, what food on the 4th would make you feel as good as signing that board on Monday? If you know what you are doing for the 4th make a plan of action for your food. I am a big planner now. Not obsessive, just plan, and know what you are going to eat. Enjoy being with family and/or freinds, and let food take the back burner.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 07-01-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #56  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hey everyone! I'm so happy to hear about the great losses - keep it up!

I'm really getting discouraged with myself and need some advice or a kick in the butt - you decide. I'm on day 18 and I'm seriously stuggling with snacking OP with sweets, candy, cookies, etc. I started TOM last Friday, and and nearly done - but I've been stuggling for about 2 weeks now, so I don't think it really due to TOM is it? I'll start off my day OP and do really well till late afternoon or evening. I'm taking 3 or 4 HNS a day to include a creamy at night to help with my cravings. I'm taking the pills - but I did run out of corti-thin yesterday - but taking the enhancer which is suppose to help with cravings right? I'm getting so discouraged with myself cause I figure if after spending all this money on a plan and I still can't stick to it why bother?! I'm just shooting myself in the foot. I' really try to take it "one meal at a time" but that doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I'm afraid to go to the center for WI since I know the scale will show me "up" and I know it'll be due to me eating OP. Then I'll confess all my sins, and they'll tell me all the things I should be doing....blah, blah, blah......I would just give up and quit if it weren't for all the money I've invested with MRC already.
Sorry for the sob story - but it's not like I can talk to anyone else about all this stuff.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #57  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post

I'm really getting discouraged with myself and need some advice or a kick in the butt - you decide. I'm on day 18 and I'm seriously stuggling with snacking OP with sweets, candy, cookies, etc. I started TOM last Friday, and and nearly done - but I've been stuggling for about 2 weeks now, so I don't think it really due to TOM is it? I'll start off my day OP and do really well till late afternoon or evening. I'm taking 3 or 4 HNS a day to include a creamy at night to help with my cravings. I'm taking the pills - but I did run out of corti-thin yesterday - but taking the enhancer which is suppose to help with cravings right? I'm getting so discouraged with myself cause I figure if after spending all this money on a plan and I still can't stick to it why bother?! I'm just shooting myself in the foot. I' really try to take it "one meal at a time" but that doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I'm afraid to go to the center for WI since I know the scale will show me "up" and I know it'll be due to me eating OP. Then I'll confess all my sins, and they'll tell me all the things I should be doing....blah, blah, blah......I would just give up and quit if it weren't for all the money I've invested with MRC already.
Sorry for the sob story - but it's not like I can talk to anyone else about all this stuff.
Don't give up!!! Like you said, you've invested a lot of money and it looks like you've had great results already--10 pounds in 18 days! I struggle sometimes with wanting to eat off plan also. I don't know what will work for you but these are things I have learned that work for myself. If I am craving something sweet, I will have a creamy. If I still feel like eating after that, I will get out of the house--go for a quick walk around the block, go shopping/browsing at a non-food store, anything to get my mind off of food and away from the kitchen where it is available. I also have a tendency to eat the exact same menu day after day, lots of eggs, tuna, and turkey. I think sometimes I want to eat off-plan because I am just bored with my choices. When I feel that way, I try to plan something that feels more indulgent, like having cheese for lunch or a sirloin steak for dinner, to spice things up a bit and vary my menu a little more.

Oh, one other thing I wanted to add. You said you don't want to go to your center. I know it is hard to go in knowing the scale will be up and you will have to admit everything. Just remember, you are not the first person who has gone off program and you will definitely not be the last! Chances are, your counselor has been through the same thing. If you avoid the center, it may be easier to continue eating off plan (at least, that's been my experience). But if you go in and talk to someone, they can offer more suggestions that will help you succeed. That's why we're paying them the big bucks!!

Last edited by sheldon07; 07-01-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
CONGRATS WORKING MOM!!!! A 10 is awsome i would love to be in a 10 right now that has always been my goal size, i have not been a 10 since i was 18 i think maybe younger ..lol what size were you when you started if you dont mind me asking?
I started out in a size 16. Sending good vibes your way so you can make the 30lb board Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
YAY!!! Just have a minute, but wanted to share that I FINALLY quit my "1 pound back-and-forth" plateau or whatever it was... Today at WI I lost 2.5 pounds! I really want that 30 pound board by the 4th.

My contract is up on the 4th. I'm pretty sure I will resign. I thought about trying to do this myself, since I have the tools...but think maybe I'll do better with a few cheerleaders and some accountability. And, I was thinking of lowering my goal to 135... Just trying to decide what to do - really tight with money right now...

Congrats to all the losers who posted...I saw several of you out there!!!
Woo Hoo on the 2.5! It is all downhill from there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAIRAUDIANCE View Post
Hey all... I just did my 2nd food class...so I'm on day 6. Now I'm down 4lbs!!! And I realized on the way to the store today (a random as a thought as me just posting this) I've been taking 1 to many HSN's each day. Oops.
LOL I did that the first 2 weeks too. My counselor's did not catch - I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post

Keep on plugging. I have had some bad times too. Last week on TOM and major stress had me eating candy bars. My counselor suggested eating a meal replacement bar instead. My response was I did not think I could do that. And then DUH I "couldn't have candy bars either". Just a thought.

Rocki- I hear you about the favorite counselor. I am glad you got to talk to the right one. I know you can do this. Stress is a tough thing to handle. But you CAN do this!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #59  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonda429 View Post
Good Morning! Never posted before....

Love the MRC program...Lost 21.5 pounds in 35 days!! whoo hoo!!

However, there are recipes from the cookbook that I would love to prepare, but our center hasn't had the tomato supplement since I've been going and apparently hasn't had it for quite a few months. Is anyone else having this problem? Just wondering...

Feels great to read SO much support..
My center informed me that they are not going to make the tomato supplement anymore, it has been discontinued. Which makes no sense as half of the recipes in their cookbook asks for it! The guy told me to follow the recipe on page 126 (I think) for a tomato puree thingy to make as a substitute. It consists of tomatoes, cottage cheese and spices. I tried to make it and it looked awful so I've just been making recipes that don't call for the tomato supplement. I'm about ready to bring the cookbook in for a refund though.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #60  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Meemo! Your words really helped my mood. I've heard it before, but I guess I needed to hear it again. It's a good thing the center had all those free week contests, so I now have until the second week in August to get the rest off. I also plan to take advantage of the 4th of July contest and lose that 1/2 pound for another week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Remember that the closer you get to goal, the slower the weight comes off. The less you weigh, the closer you are to the "break even" point between calories in/calories out. Just hang in there, tho - they'll come off eventually.
Closed Thread