Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #571  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Goal4Life:

I have gotten to the point where food is just fuel to me, I don't get too excited about it and just eat what I am supposed to, is that bad?? I don't know, but I really don't value food like I used to...I hope I can continue to feel this way. I don't feel deprived, I just know that feeling the way I feel thin, is so much better than before, it is not worth it to me. I feel that I have taken control of that part of my life and it is so much better!! Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #572  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Goal4Life:

I have gotten to the point where food is just fuel to me, I don't get too excited about it and just eat what I am supposed to, is that bad?? I don't know, but I really don't value food like I used to...I hope I can continue to feel this way. I don't feel deprived, I just know that feeling the way I feel thin, is so much better than before, it is not worth it to me. I feel that I have taken control of that part of my life and it is so much better!! Have a great day everyone!
That's how I am feeling about food. It is interesting. Food just isn't that important to me. I am fine with chicken and fish, although I fix it differently at times. Even when I go out I tend to order chicken or fish.

One question: I can have a supplement for a snack at night. Does anyone know if there is a time restraint on that? I tend to have it around 9 or 10. Is that too late or does it matter? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #573  

I don't think it matters, I usually have a pudding HNS around 8-9 pm. I don't remember them ever saying anything about the timing of it.

Hvnlymzic: Are you still out there? I have been wondering if you have shared your secret with everyone?? Just thinking about you..... hope everything is going well.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #574  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

I hope it isn't a problem, because I usually eat my pudding around 8 in the evening to ward of the 'snack attack'. I don't remember anyone saying anything about a time problem. Let me know if it is--I don't need any hinderances other than my own self!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #575  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm sitting here @ my desk eating my 4 oz of microwaved chicken breast and my 4 oz of microwaved broccoli and then I'll have my 4 oz of mixed fruit! I, too, am sick of chicken. I had bison last night and plan on buying more of that b/c I liked it and it's on the low fat protein menu. I want to feel like food isn't interesting or important to me anymore (other than fuel for my body) but I know it takes a while to get to that point. I'll go WI this afternoon b/c I'd like to stay on a Monday/Thursday schedule so I don't have to go on Saturday b/c they're usually busy. However, I just weighed 2 days ago so I don't expect anything big (if at all) b/c of the party on Saturday. UGH. Hopefully I'll be back on track for losing on Thursday.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #576  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Goal4life - Did you try whipping the pudding so that it's like a mouse and then freezing it?I haven't made it yet so this is just pure guessing here. I just know that when I was in the center on Valentines Day, they had strawberries dipped in the chocolate pudding mix and they whipped the mix so that it was really light, almost like a chocolate whipped cream. I would think that would be awesome frozen. If you try it, let me know!

I weighed in before lunch today and I was up a pound from Saturday, which I expected. It's not because I was off plan, but because of the exercise. Hopefully I'll see the loss on Thursday's weigh in.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #577  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

Height: 5'6"

Day #29...WI today, down 2 lbs (for a total of 16.5 pounds and 14.75 inches!!!)...which I was glad to see after 'ZERO' last Thursday. My 'counselor' challenged me to lose 3 pounds by my next weigh in. Not sure if I can do that since my losses don't really seem to work that way, but I'll sure try! I've managed to do something active yesterday and today....hopefully that will help with th challenge!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #578  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I went to my endocrinologist today (PCOS) - my bloodwork showed that my hormonal imbalance and my insulin resistance was better (yay!) but he was very concerned about my liver function. He said the numbers are very high. Later, I began wondering if this could be attributed to ketosis? My liver is working hard burning fat (and the week of the bloodwork I did lose 4 lbs). Do any of you medical people know if this could be the culprit?

Also -NSV for me today! Our housekeeper was here today and since I took off work (to go to the dr) we have been chatting. I was going through some old clothes to give to her to give away and came across the dress I wore to my 8th grade prom. I was like "What the heck!" I tried it on and it fit! BTW, I am 22 about to be 23 now. Now, I was big in the 8th grade and all, but I've not been so small since! I know I still have a long ways to go, but I've been having a hard time "seeing" that I've lost 32 lbs and now I definitely do. BTW - the dr told me today that since he saw me in July, I have lost 40 lbs! I had NO idea I was that big then...sheesh!

Last edited by MSTeacher; 03-03-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: realized I didn't add my age
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #579  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

MSTeacher..YAY for that NSV. Funny that you still had the dress. I have no idea about the ketosis and liver issues. Hopefully someone here can help with that.

UGH! Bad WI this afternoon. DO NOT CHEAT! That is the moral. I totally f'd up at the party here on Saturday and was up a pound today. I know, it's only a pound, but it's so upsetting b/c I KNOW I can do this and I just totally let the food control me that day. It sucks b/c it takes 3-4 days to get back to ketosis so I'm half way there and hopefully by Wednesday I'll be back to burning my fat stores again. My goal is to be under 160 by the end of the week. Since I'm totally back OP, I think I can do it. Wish me luck.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #580  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

WTG MSTeacher. Wow! Your 8th grade prom dress. I thought I held on to clothes...lol! I'm afraid to give any of mine away. I am not counting on wearing them again....but...

Rocki, I know you can do it! Keep your eyes on your goal and you will be successful! Good luck!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #581  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I have a question. I thought you were supposed to be negative on the ketone strips? So that means that I'm not in ketosis, right? That's what they tell me that they want to see. Beige, right? Something must be working ok b/c I went to wi today and lost another 2.5! I will be signing the 20 pound board this week!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

MSteacher: that's AWESOME!! Congrats!!

Rocki, you can do this! We all have faith in you!!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #582  

I think we are getting close to needing a new thread started, does anyone know how to do that??
Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #583  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I think we are getting close to needing a new thread started, does anyone know how to do that??
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136094

I think I did it right...
Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #584  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
blueyedangel~
My husband knows lots of people from near Spur! He grew up in Petersburg, but did his student teaching in Matador! What a small world, huh?!! BTW, is that a picture of you in your avatar? If so, you look great!
My husband just read this...he got so excited! "That's home!" LOL He worked at the prison in Spur. We've been back here to Missouri for about 14 years now tho...

And, thanks for telling me I look good in the pic. That was like 15 pounds ago and my thin side... I so luv u!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #585  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Blueyedangel,
I need all the support I can get, White River Lake is where I spent my first honeymoon, not married to that one anymore, lol, but the honeymoon was nice.
White River was about dried up the last time we were there. Not much around that area...

So, do you actually start the program/diet Friday like me? I was doing SO good until this weekend... Started over today... I bought some steamer bags I saw people posting about. Oh my...wish I'd discovered those sooner! Had shrimp & veggies tonight, tilapia & veggeies last night - took 6 minutes to finish dinner & no cleanup. WONDERFUL!

Lets keep each other in check if you wanna, since we started together...lets get skinny together! And, maybe next time I'm passing thru Lubbock we could meet!?
Closed Thread