Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #481  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
I'm feeling a need to grumble a bit. I started my period today and I feel horrible...it's been a "terrible horrible no good very bad day". (for you moms out there! And grandmoms!!) Just because. And of course it was a bad work day. I generally don't get horrible pms, but I have it. I'm really tired and I want to eat pizza and brownies and chips and hamburgers and fries and dr. pepper and M&M's!!! Peanut butter ones!!!
Now b/c I have something wrong with me and I must enjoy being put into the torture chamber, I went for wi. I prepared myself for a gain and I prepared my couselor. But I stayed op, even though I totally wanted to throw in the towel. I just kept saying "I've spent so much money...and I've spent so much money...." So I actually lost a pound since Monday. And I went at like 5:15pm, not early in the am like I should. So I'm still pretty grumpy b/c I don't feel good, but that was motivation right there. My family is eating pizza tonight and I've ordered a nice lean piece of filet mignon and broccoli from o'charley's and I'm about to go and pick it up!

Thanks for letting me grump a bit!!!
I feel ya! I've been there! On those days, I wish I could throw myself on the ground and have myself a grand ole' fit!!!! But doesn't it feel great to stay on plan!!!! AND you had a loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! What great motivation! You are strong, and motivated, and kicking butt!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #482  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

You guys are so awesome that I could just cry. (hormones again, ya think?) I don't know how to express how grateful I am that everyone understands and is so supportive. It's like everyone here just gets it and I love it! I feel much better today, just a little crampy. But my mood is much better. Thank you all so much for being so amazing and understanding. It's so nice. It's like no matter how much your family loves you and supports you, they never really seem to understand what you are going through.

Sending big hugs to you all!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #483  
Christie

Donuts: Hey I just looked at your profile! HOLY MOLY!!! You are doing GREAT!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #484  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Oh....spin class is SOOOOO much fun. It is guided cycling. They tell you when to increase the resistance, or to speed up. You will sweat and burn LOTS of cals. Watch it or you will be hooked like me!!!!
Ok, so I just got back from my first ever spin class...HOLY MOLY! Is all I have to say! LOL
It was great, and very motivating to know that I could keep up that much stamina for 45 mins! I love it, the fitness club does it 2 days a week, and I am going! What an awesome change in an exercise routine. I will adjust my other exercise to accomodate it in to my schedule. They told me a 45 min class burns approx. 500 calories! I am going to have to do my max HNS on the days I spin!
You are right Jewelie, I am HOOKED!
Loved it! It was a great lower body toning and cardio workout all rolled into 1.
Hopefully it shocked my body into jumping out of the 210's! LOL

Last edited by Goal4Life; 02-29-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #485  
Christie

I am so scared of the spin classes!! I do great on the elliptical and weights, but I don't know if I'm hard core enough to go to spin class!! I'm envious! Maybe I will get up the guts to go try it!

I have a question, it's time for me to buy more flax seed oil and I know that most of you guys don't buy from the center. I'd like to know exactly what I need to buy b/c I don't want to mess up, but if I can buy it cheaper, I would like to do that. And also, did I read somewhere on this site that if I buy the HNS from somewhere other than the center that it can void my contract? I just don't want to mess up, but I feel like I should get a second job to support my supplement habits!!!

And one more thing, my center told me that if I upped my HNS to the max, that the weight would drop off faster...was that to get me to buy more?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #486  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
I am so scared of the spin classes!! I do great on the elliptical and weights, but I don't know if I'm hard core enough to go to spin class!! I'm envious! Maybe I will get up the guts to go try it!

I have a question, it's time for me to buy more flax seed oil and I know that most of you guys don't buy from the center. I'd like to know exactly what I need to buy b/c I don't want to mess up, but if I can buy it cheaper, I would like to do that. And also, did I read somewhere on this site that if I buy the HNS from somewhere other than the center that it can void my contract? I just don't want to mess up, but I feel like I should get a second job to support my supplement habits!!!

And one more thing, my center told me that if I upped my HNS to the max, that the weight would drop off faster...was that to get me to buy more?
To funny, I went into spin 'blindly', someone recommended it, and I signed up. It was great, yes very invigorating, and you need to keep your stamina up the whole time. I loved it.
I buy flax from Walmart, just make sure it is the same mg's as the MRC brand, and no fillers, my brand is Nature Valley, and it works the same as MRC's and the pills are identical also.
Yes, technically, you can only use MRC's brand of HNS, if you don't buy from them, you can void your weightloss guarantee contract. I know a lot of folks, use MRC's for the minimum, then the extra's they use from an outside source.
I notice if I am in a slump, I will add the extra HNS, and notice it helps me go through a plataeu easier. I am on the beige menu, so I am allowed to max at 5. I have to have 1 with each meal, so there is an extra 2 that I have if I am hungry or need it. I try to stick with 3-4. I max out only a few times a month. But with this spin class, I am going to need it on those days!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 02-29-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #487  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
I also know that I really, really, really need to get into a regular routine of exercise...so I need to find that motivation somewhere...any suggestions??
Ultimately I think lasting motivation has to come from within yourself.
For me, the motivation was that I was spending a lot of money to lose with MRC, and I wanted to maximize my chances for success & I knew that exercise was the key. Subconsciously I probably also knew that since I had my occasional cheats, exercise would minimize the effects of those cheats. And as time went by I realized how much better I felt when I exercised, and that I missed it when I didn't get it in.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #488  
Em

Quote:
I'm feeling a need to grumble a bit. I started my period today and I feel horrible...it's been a "terrible horrible no good very bad day". (for you moms out there! And grandmoms!!)
That gave me a smile - that was my favorite book to read to my girls, and now my granddaughter loves to watch the HBO musical version on TV
Sorry about the wicked PMS. But congrats on the 1 lb down at a late WI!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #489  
Em

Quote:

I think (if I remember right) the MRC flax is 1000 mg per capsule. (Check the label since my memory could be wrong!) Then check at WalMart, KMart, Target, CVS, etc for flax oil capsules - the same mg per capsule. They're really pretty easy to find.
Now regarding the HNS - I'm visiting my DD in CA. Still trying to get these extra lbs off & I know the HNS helps to offset any extra carbs I might eat when we're out eating at places I don't normally have access to. So I decided to try an experiment (someone had mentioned this awhile back). I picked up some of the Crystal Light in the bottles (it's sweetened with splenda instead of aspartame). I picked up some plain whey protein powder (I've made my own hot cocoa with the vanilla flavored whey protein powder & it worked great.) I mixed 2/3 scoop of the plain whey protein with orange Crystal Lite. Not bad at all & the nutritional makeup is real close to the HNS. Looks a little icky I have to say - it comes out looking a little "creamy" instead of clear. And it isn't the same taste, but it isn't a bad taste, just a little different. So I'll be honest, if I were still signed up with MRC & I discovered this - I'd be buying the minimum 2 drinks/day HNS to keep my contract good & for any extras I wanted, I'd be making my own. I got 48 servings worth of Crystal Light for $9 (it was on sale) and the whey protein powder was $15. Now I don't know how many servings are in the 1 lb I bought - too early for advanced math for my fuzzy brain, but I figure it's probably around 21
since I use 2/3 scoop (there are about 16 scoops in 1 lb). So for less than $20 I got about 21 servings of the homemade HNS - at MRC that'd be $30. I don't think I ever maxed out at 4 HNS per day, but I did do 3 from time to time when things felt slower OR if I had a cheat, I'd have an extra HNS to help balance out the extra starch/sugar I'd had & keep cravings down.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Ok, so I just got back from my first ever spin class...HOLY MOLY! Is all I have to say! LOL
It was great, and very motivating to know that I could keep up that much stamina for 45 mins! I love it, the fitness club does it 2 days a week, and I am going! What an awesome change in an exercise routine. I will adjust my other exercise to accomodate it in to my schedule. They told me a 45 min class burns approx. 500 calories! I am going to have to do my max HNS on the days I spin!
You are right Jewelie, I am HOOKED!
Loved it! It was a great lower body toning and cardio workout all rolled into 1.
Hopefully it shocked my body into jumping out of the 210's! LOL
Also use those days for higher cal foods. Like don't have meal replacements and fish that day! Also really watch your water. You have to have enough water or you will get dehydrated. Just watch it!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #491  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Jewelie..I know what you mean about water...I have already reached my 100 ounces (at 1pm) and I am still downing it. During the 45 min. class, I drank 40ounces! I know I can't count those 40 ounces towards my daily goal (or at least I shouldn't) since it was such a huge cardio workout, my body needs those to use as extra. I can't wait until the next class on Monday. I am so pumped! I feel like I am on a euphoric high, still hours later.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #492  
Bonnie

Hi everybody! It's been a while since I posted but I've been keeping up with all your wonderful successes and encouragements. Wanted to share a victory with my online friends...
I finally made it into ONEDERLAND! I weighed in this morning at 199.8 - with jeans on! It's been so long that I've been here and boy, does it feel good! I was walking down my street yesterday and a neighbor was out in the yard. I said hello and she did a double take and said she didn't recognize me at first. Oh what a feeling!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #493  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Real Names???

Okay..I just read the last couple of pages and I'm sorry but I don't have time to reply to all (I'm doing month-end @ work and I'm WAY behind). I will post back to everyone over the weekend after the party tomorrow.

My question is this. Can everyone post their first name or do you all not feel comfortable doing that? I like to post back to people but feel funny saying what your screen name is. My screen name is rockijames but my name is Rocki (dh is James, original, huh??)

If you don't want to, that's fine, but for those that don't mind I'd like to call you by your "real" name.

I had the cocktail party last night and sad to say ate way off program. There was no vegetables and tons of pasta, some meat and tons of dessert. I had turkey, shrimp, some pasta and dessert. I also had 2 drinks (one was full of ice and the other was a hot drink that dh ordered and I didn't even want but felt bad b/c he spent 10 minutes waiting for it thinking I'd appreciate it). However, I did take the fat/carp blockers and it helped me "expel" all the extra bad stuff this morning. Sorry that's TMI, but now I know how it works. Tomorrow is the b-day party and like others said b/c it's @ my house I'll have more control. I'll be able to have Max HNSs and chocolate crisps and my pudding and tons of veggies and the meat, cheese, fruit and melbas. That was very difficult last night. I'm back OP and I'll WI tomorrow before the party for support!

Thanks for all your help and motiviation here too!

Last edited by Rocki; 02-29-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #494  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Question about the Fat/Carb blocker. I know when I was on program in 05 my center would not let me buy it. Telling me I would be more apt to cheat. We couldn't buy it until Stab. I never tried it. Do you guys feel it works if you know you will cheat? What are some of the side affects? How does it compare to Alli (fat blocker only). I get all of my other Supps from GNC. Watch for a sale. They will do a BOGO 1/2 off or even free. That is when I would stock up. They had everything. Liquid Minerals, Chrominum, Flax, B vitamins, even enhancers. I actually took the Xenedrine instead of the MRC Enhancer. I did do the MRC-6 (they told me it was lipo in a bottle). What girl doesn't love that thought. Also, sometimes when I went in to weigh in, I bought a bunch of HNS and sometimes only 1 box. Does your centers keep track of how many boxes you buy each week? Otherwise how would they know you are getting "ALL" of your HNS from them. My center said I had to have the minimum 2 HNS a day, but didn't specifically say I had to buy 2 boxes a week. Just my thought. I know the exact same one you can get for $9 in bulk. What do they charge now at the center per a box?
Old 02-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #495  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Real Names???
Thought I'd check in really quick to say Happy Friday everyone!!! Have a great weekend! My son is not in school today (teacher planning day), so I had the priviledge of staying home with him. We purchased him a Wii two days ago, and he had to totally clean his room before he could play.... He completed that this morning by 10am and has been playing since.... It's been a blast watching him, and to be honest, I can't wait to get on there with him now!

Nice to meet you Rocki.... My "real" name is Denise.

Have a great one!

Last edited by namaste; 02-29-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Closed Thread