Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #586  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Mommato3 I dated a guy from Petersburg when I was single, use to drive there every weekend. And my husband is from Paducah, near Matador. We lived in Paducah for 2 years, that's why I gained so much weight. I gained 85lbs in one year, I was so depressed in Paducah that I ate myself silly. That was about 7 years ago I think. Been trying to lose it ever since.

3monkeysmomma
OK my hubby wanted me to throw in here that he graduated from Kress & grew up mainly there... He's so excitable... He thinks everyone knows him! LOL
Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #587  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
White River was about dried up the last time we were there. Not much around that area...

So, do you actually start the program/diet Friday like me? I was doing SO good until this weekend... Started over today...
It was about 11 or 12 years ago that I went to White River, kinda depressing when a lake just isn't there anymore.

Friday I get my menu, They didn't really say what to eat until then. They said to get off caffeine (which I already did that) and to get off sugar (working on that right now) stay away from sweets, snacking etc. Increase my water to 64 oz. and take my vitamins, Oh and just to eat 3 balanced meals a day, start the day with two eggs and whole wheat toast. So I have been doing that. Ill be glad when Friday gets here, I don't feel like I have started anything yet. It will be fun to see each others progress since we started the same time. I'll post this in the new thread also, I think this one is done.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #588  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
OREO...hang in there. You will make it through this hold. I am sure when you are able to get back on plan, your body will begin its fat burning stage again.
I have a question, who set your goal at 150? You are the same height as me, my original goal was to get my BMI at a normal range, and not in the overweight category. MRC calculated my height and said that my BMI would be 24% (which is the high end of normal) at 180. So I set my original goal to 175. I was just wandering, if to personal, then please disregard my question. I also told them when my BMI became in the normal range, that maybe I would re-evuate my self, and see if my confidence and self image felt happy at 175. They seemed to think 175 was a great goal (by the way I am 30, so not to off in age from you). I haven't been at a normal healthy weight as an adult, so my calculations may be off, on what I really want to achieve.
Goal 4 life, sorry it has taken so long to reply. I have been out of town. The goal they helped me set was 160. When I was losing weight rapidly, I moved my goal to 150. I feel that if I could get there then I would be able to lessen my stress when i have to go on steroids periodically. I usually gain 5-10 lbs every time I have to do a one-week pill pack. I'm sure that most of the time the weight is water, but psychologically, it is hard to handle gaining that much weight in such a short amount of time. If I reach 160 then I probably would lose 5 or more lbs in stabilization and maintenance. At least that is whet I have heard. I weighed 170 when I got married. I definitely want to be lower than that. I guess the threat of steroids always has me on edge. Best wishes with your goal. I, myself, hope to be off medical hold soon. I need to go a week without pouchitis symptoms. Otherwise I will have to go back on antibiotics, etc. Have a great MRC day!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #589  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Okay, I am writing to whine! I went in for a wi yesterday, and I was up 1/2 a pound. I know that isn't so horrible, but I so did not want to be up. It is totally my own fault. We were out of town for five days, and I did not keep up with my HNS's as well as I should have. Also, I had little "cheats" which I kept telling myself were okay because they were little. (A tater tot here, a few chips there, etc.) So, I should be glad that I wasn't up any higher than 1/2 a pound! I learned a valuable lesson--every bite that goes into my mouth "counts." Please help me remember this in the future. I really need some support and an "accountability" monitor.!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #590  

S/C/G: 257/251/172

Height: 5'4

Smile New to MRC

Hi everyone,

I am new to the MRC life change. I have been reading your blog to learn tips and keep motivated. So, I thought I had just better join you all! I am a beige menu. Does anyone have any quick breakfast ideas??

Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #591  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziewhan25 View Post
oh ya ladies.....another question......im going on vacation in 1 1/2 weeks and ill be gone for 8 days......every single meal will be eaten out.....we have continental breakfast in the AM and then have to find our own lunch and dinner....we will be going to sea world and the zoo and just walking around downtown san antonio.....and suggestions for staying on plan? thanks

We take a lot of little trips so here is what I do. I put my waters in a backpack along with quart-sized bags for every meal. Each bag has a paper cup, a spoon, a supplement, and my pills in it. You can also have a ziplock of melba toast in your bag to replace rolls, etc. I always seem to do real well on a continental breakfast. You can get toast and a boiled eggs usually. Of course, I cannot eat salads, but I'm sure most places will have them. Just bring your own salad dressing (MRC or Wishbone Spritzer). I also pack a little plastic container with a lid and mix up MRC pudding every night. I bring a baby whisk along to mix it. We travel so much that I usually keep several of these ziplock bags handy so I can grab them and run. I even do this if I am going to be out shopping all day. It works for me and makes it so much easier to stay OP.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #592  

S/C/G: 180/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Boy you guys move fast! I am back from my getting my wisdom teeth out- (OUCH!). I am slowly getting back to eating fully on program. More eggs and less meat still though.

ALSO~ I signed the 10 pound board yesterday! YAY!

1. Does anyone know of cheaper online places to buy protein drinks? I saw mydietshopz dot com, just looking for alternatives.

2. Is unsweetened applesauce okay to substitute for your fruit? It just has apples, water, and Vit C lited as an ingredient?

3. I am not sure what is classified as "hard cheese"- does anyone have a list of tasty new cheeses I can try??
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #593  

S/C/G: 180/167/140

Height: 5'4"

wannafeelbetter - I'm sorry, I don't have the copy of the beige menu so I forget exactly what is allowed. You probably will switch menu's pretty quickly here ( I only used that one for like 4 days. )
Right now, I am on the longer term menu (blue i think) that I will stay on for the rest of my contract time. For breakfast, I usually have a scrambled egg with 1 oz shredded cheese, toast with splenda and cinnamon, and a wildberry drink. If I am running late though, I grab two cheese sticks and spray some I can't believe its not butter on a piece of bread then drink my HNS when I get to work. We all have those days...
Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #594  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Hey guys! We started a new post--Metabolic Research Center-Take XI! I don't know if I did this right, but try this link!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...11#post2084511
Old 03-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #595  
Bonnie

Quote:
DONUTS: I haven't been to one-derland in over 15 years. Is the sky bluer, the grass greener, cats and dogs play together?
Well Donuts, the world itself isn't much different but my pants sure fit better!! The rate you're losing, you'll be joining me in one-derland before you know it ;-)
Old 03-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #596  
Bonnie

Quote:
Has anyone that has been on this program for a while had this much problem losing in the beginning?
It is frustrating when we're doing everything right and it doesn't show on the scale. I really struggled with the roller coaster in the beginning and found that more than anything else it was my water intake and my food timing - mostly the latter. Just hang with it and work on all the aspects of the program - it will turn around.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #597  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default Small World

Blueeyedangel &3monkeysmomma,
My husband and I lived in Floydada for 4 years and then we moved to Plainview for 3 years. We now live outside of Abilene, but we both feel like that area is home. It is good to hear from "neighbors".
I go for my first wi today. I know that everyone likes to wi in the am, but I have to go after work and it is about a 45 min drive. So it is about 5 when i get there. I hope I have lost. I have made myself stay away from the scales. So what ever it is will be a complete suprise. I was watching what I ate and walking before I came to MRC, so I don't know if I will see BIG #s. But I know that I feel better. thanks for all your help over the past week.
I just started the blue menu. Does anybody know if you can have sandwich meat for your protein? I know they said no processed food. Does that count as processed?
Wish me luck. I will let ya know how it goes.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #598  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritochip View Post
Thank you for all your thoughts on the supplements. I did look on iherb.com but did not know which of heir products was the MRC-6. Maybe I am just skeptical but sometimes I wonder how much they are trying to sell...but, on the other hand, you can't argue with success! Has anyone tried dried pineapple instead of fresh? I bought it at TRader Joe's and it has no ingredients other than pineapple. Have a good Sunday!
I'm WAY behind (after spending about 36 hrs at the hospital w/my daughter & son-in-law but they have a beautiful baby girl to show for it ). Trying to catch up so won't post much, but this caught my eye - be sure you don't eat the same amount of dried pineapple as you're allowed with fresh - without the water the sugars are really concentrated so you can't eat nearly as much. Probably at least half as much as you're allowed of the fresh. You could check the calorie count to see how much of the dried would amount to the same calories of fresh.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #599  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post
Hey everyone! Wanted to check in and let you all know I did my 5k today! I finished in 40 minutes - which is a personal best for me! Woo-hoo! It was beautiful weather, my face is actually a little on the burnt side!! I won't be able to WI until either Tues or Wed though... UGH! I have only 1/2 a pound to go until that 70 pound board! AHHHH!!!! Hopefully between the run/walk today and my awful eating I will get to that 1/2 pound ~ just have to drink lots of water!! Good luck to everyone this week!

Amy (my real name!)
Congrats, Amy! I need to do one of those one of these days! (I'd be a walker but I walk 3 miles anyway which is about 5k, so I could handle it easily.) Hope that 70-lb board is yours by now (since I'm behind!).
Old 03-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #600  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Ok, so I made the mock spaghetti tonight for dinner and I was a bit disappointed. It tasted pretty bland and made me miss my Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom sauce... Anyone have any ideas to make it better? I made a lot so I could have leftovers this week for dinner but I'm totally not looking forward to eating it again.
I don't know what's in it, but if it's bland I'd just double up on the spices.
Closed Thread