Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 199/185/148

Height: 5'7"

MelC...
I have not taken the enhancers in about 2 weeks..I ran out and didn't replace them...I don't plan to as I haven't noticed a difference since being off of them...I will continue the MRC6 and (relecore) along with flax and the b vitamins. I get flax and b vitamins elsewhere also... It is expensive but it is worth it I guess. I just bite my lip when writing the check...LOL! My husband is going to get on it but after I finish..we can't afford it for both of us at once....Between this and the gas prices we are about broke....LOL!

School is out today and that means I have the summer to work out and really make a difference. I intend to start jogging (starting out slow) and going to the gym. Gonna work off some of this flab I have under my arms and I am afraid I might have excess skin on my thighs if I don't. Has anyone had excess skin with this diet?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 191.5/184/144

Height: 5'2"

Nice to meet ya southern gal! Which MRC do you attend? I go to the one in Fayetteville... I eat a LOT of chicken - I work at AQ Chicken House, soooo kinda hard to not eat it every day, but the grilled breasts are great so its nice not having to cook it myself.

PS. I would LOVE a copy of the recipes someone mentioned they had? Please let me know - email addy is [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:51 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 278/160/140

Height: 5'5"

my center doesnt encourage strength training as it can cause a gain from the muscle but i did it twice a week just to help with the skin. nothing powerful just some triceps and leg workouts. it really helped.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:05 AM   #109  

Wow, I have never heard of someone actually discouraging a person to do strength training. The more lean muscle you have the more fat you can burn. Right now I am only walking, but I want to increase my activities. I actually enjoy working out when I do it. I just have to push myself at times. It's easy to get lazy about it.

As far as the pills go, I have made a decision that when I run out this time I am only going to get the MRC-6 from them. I can get the vitamins elsewhere & lay off all the other pills they suggest. I can't really tell anything in the way I feel from taking them.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #110  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

One way I help stop cravings ...... I bought (and still buy) a skirt or dress or some clothing that is just a little too small for me. When I get those desires to cheat, I try on those clothes. When they are too tight for me, I chastise myself and tell myself that I have no reason for cheating, when I can't even wear the next size down yet.

When they fit, it is like, WOW! I did it!

I have two things that fit me comfortably now that I had bought when I started the diet. The sweater jacket would not even button together in the front!!!!! Now it buttons and looks decent, but I cannot wait until it is hanging off of me! I also try on my "old" clothes I have from when I was thinner. There are a lot of those I simply cannot wait to slip into again!

Don't know if this will help, but it is what I do.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #111  

Height: 5'6''

kewlmom - the center told me to take the MSM supplement to help with loose skin. I've always been overweight, since childhood, so I know my skin will be loose when I lose alot of weight. Someone also mentioned a lotion made by Nivia with Q10 in it that is specifically for loose skin. I'll see if I can talk Hubby into getting that with me. I know what you mean about it being expensive for two. Sometimes I think we wish we weren't doing the plan together because we leave every week spending over $60 on HSN alone...Hopefully all our pills don't run out on the same week. That was a painful trip.

slitlisnfl - I have the recipes and I'll send them to you this weekend. Along with the others that PMed me...

When i get hungry between meal/snack times or I have a craving, I try to drink water. For example, this week at school (I'm an elementary school teacher) they served ALOT of things that I wanted, but one in particular really got to me and even though I'd just eaten lunch, my stomach growled. I made myself drink water and walk away. I'm not real great on the will power front and so I'm trying to train myself. Working here is like working on temptation island for me because there is always candy, cookies, cupcakes etc hanging around that is never going to be on plan and I'll be on plan for a long time. The water is kind of a substitute for me. I am no psychologist, but I do know that part of eating out of boredom become a routine feeling (lifting your hand with food to your mouth) and I think, for me at least, lifting my water bottle to my mouth is fulfilling part of that craving for me. Maybe thats a little bit off base, but I haven't cheated yet...and oh, have there been opportunities!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #112  

well my last official wi was today and drumroll please i lost 4.5 lbs. yeah so now to just be able to keep it off on my own until i can afford to go back and have my mind straight.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #113  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
kewlmom - the center told me to take the MSM supplement to help with loose skin. I've always been overweight, since childhood, so I know my skin will be loose when I lose alot of weight. Someone also mentioned a lotion made by Nivia with Q10 in it that is specifically for loose skin. I'll see if I can talk Hubby into getting that with me. I know what you mean about it being expensive for two. Sometimes I think we wish we weren't doing the plan together because we leave every week spending over $60 on HSN alone...Hopefully all our pills don't run out on the same week. That was a painful trip.

slitlisnfl - I have the recipes and I'll send them to you this weekend. Along with the others that PMed me...

When i get hungry between meal/snack times or I have a craving, I try to drink water. For example, this week at school (I'm an elementary school teacher) they served ALOT of things that I wanted, but one in particular really got to me and even though I'd just eaten lunch, my stomach growled. I made myself drink water and walk away. I'm not real great on the will power front and so I'm trying to train myself. Working here is like working on temptation island for me because there is always candy, cookies, cupcakes etc hanging around that is never going to be on plan and I'll be on plan for a long time. The water is kind of a substitute for me. I am no psychologist, but I do know that part of eating out of boredom become a routine feeling (lifting your hand with food to your mouth) and I think, for me at least, lifting my water bottle to my mouth is fulfilling part of that craving for me. Maybe thats a little bit off base, but I haven't cheated yet...and oh, have there been opportunities!
Could you send the recipes to me as well? I just signed up yesterday, and although I have not gone to my food course yet I would like to start checking out recipes. thanks! my address: [email protected]

thanks!!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #114  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Jeez Skinnyme - that's AWESOME!!! Are you now on maintenance? Can you still buy the protein drinks and pills if you want? I'll have to resign at least once more. Then I think I'll just buy B6, chromium (sp?), and fish oil. That seems to be the major make up of my pills. How are you doing? Are you getting into the swing of things yet?

We have a lot of teachers on board now! As far as the temptations, you elementary teachers have it much worse! When I worked at the middle school level, we were always given food by parents. At the high school - nothing. Good job avoiding the temptation.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #115  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnymeinside View Post
well my last official wi was today and drumroll please i lost 4.5 lbs. yeah so now to just be able to keep it off on my own until i can afford to go back and have my mind straight.

I know you can keep it up.
We are here to help you along the way.

michelle127
I use sugarless gum up to 3 a day. I also use my HNS between meals I make them as a frosty i my blender with ice, h2o and dite right. The frothy texture really fills me up and gives me a treat. Also consider a fiber drink doesn't have to be MRC but it should help with fullness
Old 05-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 182/160/145

Height: 5'9"

There are so many new people, I can't believe it! I do not get to post everyday, but I try to read throughout the day when I can. I go WI tonight after work. I'm freaked out, I just hope it is a loss, I had gained 1lb. last week, but it was TOM. I am going as a sponsor with our HS Band with my oldest son to San Antonio in the morning through Monday. I just hope I can stick to the plan as close as possible for the weekend. I can't afford to gain any. I have until July 19th to lose my 37 lbs. I started at 182.5 May 1st was my official 1st menu day. First I was down 2.5 after pre-conditioning, then week before last I was at 176, then last week I gained 1 & was at 177,
so I hope tonight will show a difference from last week!! Good Luck to everyone who WI this week, and you guys have a Great Memorial Day!!
Old 05-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #117  
Registered Awesome.

S/C/G: 171.5/155.5/124

Height: 5'2"

I lost a pound! Woo! It's not much but it sure beats the 0.3 pounds from the last weigh-in!

aszimmer... when you make your supplement smoothie... how much of the water and diet rite do you add?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 240.5/222.5/150

Height: 5'8

WOW!! Everyone is doing awesome with their losses!!! Great work!

I just came back from wi and lost 3! I am in day 12 and this is when they say the plateu usually starts so I am savoring every pound.

I am still having difficulty with food choices, but in time I will figure it out. Vegetables are just not my friends!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone! Stay strong
Old 05-25-2007, 02:31 PM   #119  

no i am not on maintenance i wish. i just ran out of my second 17 weeks and right now with hubby overseas and all i just didnt think i could afford to keep paying if my mind wasnt all there. so hoping to finish this up on my own.
congrats sounds like this was a wonderful wi week for all.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:14 PM   #120  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolallison View Post
I lost a pound! Woo! It's not much but it sure beats the 0.3 pounds from the last weigh-in!

aszimmer... when you make your supplement smoothie... how much of the water and diet rite do you add?
My smooties change only alittle depending on if I have concontrate or powder HNS. Wierd but with the conc. I cut the top completley open and after I pour out the contents I add two full puches of water and 5-6 ice cubes blend and stir( if you blend the carbonation goes crazy) in my dite rite about 1/2 can. With the powder I use about 6-7 oz of H2O and the rest is the same. With the fruit smoothie I omit the diet rite. Today I had Frozen Pineapple with Grape concontrate. Oh My God was that good. I also always used Frozen fruit. If in a hurry I don't always use the soda. Its still great that way too. Play with it a little you will be surprised.

And I am happy to say at WI today I have lost 25lbs and 25 inches since joining Apr 20th. That is why i do not deviate even a little from the plan, it works! This is how I stay motivated. I am averaging almost 6lb a week!

Stay strong over the BBQ weekend. You will be happy you did.

Last edited by aszimmer1; 05-25-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Closed Thread