Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

Well, I'm finally moving again on the scales. For the last 3 weeks it's been 1/2lb. here, 1lb there. This week I've lost 3lbs

I didn't get frustrated, I just knew it was a slow down and it would balance over time. I don't care how long it takes, I'll get there. I used to want it NOW but realized that it never stays off when it's not done right. My husband gave me some perspective. He said "Shay, in a year, 1lb. a week is 52lbs!!! As long as it's on the way down the scale that's fantastic!!!" At least I have more weeks with bigger losses.

I leave Monday and will be gone for about 2 weeks so I look forward to seeing all of your trackers moving down when I get back. I hope I don't have to move mine up but I'm not going to worry while on the cruise (I'm still going to try though).

I'm praying for everyone and I think this board ROCKS
Old 05-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #17  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

YAY Shay!! Great job. Great attitude! 2 week cruise?? Whew! I can handle about 4 days before I start feeling too enclosed and trapped. Have a blast and have some wine for us!

I went to the end of the year party and fell off the wagon again. I don't know why I'm so disappointed in myself, I am a fat woman who really likes food and drink. I'm doing my best. My best kinda sucks though. The scale says I gained 4 pounds. So now I'm going to work my butt off just to lose the pounds I regained. When will I learn? Also my belly is KILLING ME! It doesn't want the stuff my brain thinks I need.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4

I too want to comment on this board. You guys have no idea how encouraging it is for me to read each of your posts. We are all going through the same things and it's so nice to know that other people are struggling but winning the battle. Thanks for all you say/post, it means the world to me.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240.5/222.5/150

Height: 5'8

dlthomas64 I feel the same way about this board. It is my "therapy". When I am at home and "need" something terrible for me I logon and read how well everyone is doing! It helps so so much. Thanks everyone for your stories and encouragement!

Michelle127 do not worry about slip ups. Yes it will add time to your program, but you just pick up and continue on. It is not the end!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone - I weighed in on Thursday and was only down 1/2 lb. That's only 2.5 lbs lost since 4/27. No one seems to know what I'm doing wrong, and I'm not cheating at all. I take MRC 6, enhancer, flax oil, and Relacore, and I drink 90-120 oz. of water daily! Feeling discouraged today, but I know that if I stick to the plan, the weight can't stick around! My goal this week is to exercise. And as for cooking fish, I just sprinkle a little black pepper and cayenne pepper on it, and fry it in a nonstick pan with 2 tsp olive oil. It's yummy!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #21  
Registered Awesome.

S/C/G: 171.5/155.5/124

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for all the fish-cooking tips! I started this program not really knowing much about cooking. I can follow a recipe really well but as far as just making stuff up, I can't exactly do.

Mary V - I don't have any advice as I'm still new to the program but I just wanted to say I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! It must be frustrating to be following such a strict diet with few results. I hope this week proves to be more successful!

Shay - ENJOY your cruise!!! I must say I'm a bit jealous. We'll see you when you get back!

Michelle - To err is human. I know they say if you cheat they don't guarantee you'll lose the weight... but c'mon... how practical is it to ask us not to have a little indulgence every now and then. Even skinny people eat fatty foods sometimes! I just need to learn moderation. I've done pretty well so far but I've had a cookie here, a piece of candy there. Though I am still craving that pizza...
Old 05-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 175/172/130

Height: 5'4

I did it!! I went running yesterday. Well, actually I went walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes and then running for 15 minutes. And I lost 3 pounds! I also went to go weigh in and get my measurements done for the first time. It was a total zoo and no one could take my before pictures. Hopefully I can do it on Monday.

As far as fish, I like tllapia. There is a version that they sell at Costco that has a green chili coating on it that is FABULOUS. I will have to look at it to see if we can have it or not? Does anyone know? I don't remember it having sugar.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #23  
Master of disaster

Thanks all for the encouragement. It helps.

Mary V,
I've had problems too with losing slowly...
1. After 2 weeks step on the Tanita scale. It will tell you if you've lost fat and gained muscle. That would be a GREAT treat as the regular scale doesn't differentiate between the two.
2. I eat virtually no fat. I eat 2 egg whites and 1 yolk every day for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and chicken or fish for dinner. No cheese, no cottage cheese, no oil, nothing except the oil pills.
3. In the beginning I didn't coat my fish and chicken with melba but with italian seasoning, thinking it's probably all the same. That little bit has a lot of carbs and sodium.
4. I can't have the creamies or I stall.
5. I like eggs a lot. However, they are very low in protein. If I eat too many eggs, and not enough chicken, I lose more slowly.
6. It goes without saying that I almost never have hamburger or steak.
7. I drink 5 - 6 protein drinks per day.

Cutting out the above allows me to lose more quickly, however, I cheat a lot because I like food. No, I like tasty food. I have to wrap my head around the fact that I need to quit leaping off the wagon and just have a very small treat every so often. You probably won't have to restrict your diet as much.

Also, though I've only lost 18 pounds, I have lost 23 and 1/2 inches. I know it's frustrating, but I'd rather look smaller and wiegh more than the other way around. With my muscle mass, I will weigh 157 pounds at 20% fat. You could be the same. The scale doesn't tell the whole story, but it is an objective measurement of our progress. If you're following the program religiously, it could just be that your body is doing it's job and saving you from starvation. That's a good thing! Also as our fat cells lose fat, they try to maintain their shape by filling with water, which is heavier than fat. If that's the case, you will woosh and lose all at once. Losing weight has so many variables! Keep us updated.

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

Michelle, what a great and informative post. We started about the same time (I think I was little ahead of you) and I am so proud of us. I know you have been discouraged at times because you were slow but you have stuck with it and are an inspiration. You've learned the things that make you stall and can now help others. You go girl
Old 05-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #25  

Did anyone get sick during the first week or so of the plan? I know that sometimes when you begin a diet program you feel worse before feeling better. Since yesterday I have been feeling terrible. I hardly ever get sick so I am just wondering if this is because of all of the toxins leaving my body. My entire body feels weak and terrible. I have not noticed any changes in feeling better yet so maybe this is the defining time. I don't know just a thought.

I did a fat flush program at a spa a few years ago and they told us that would happen and it did then. Or maybe I am just sick for the first time this year.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #26  
Master of disaster

Shay, No YOU'RE the inspiration you non-cheater you! Now go get on your boat!!

Jonsmom, yeah I thought I had the flu. I was NOT hungry and couldn't get much food in. Your body is going through quite a shock. It will pass.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #27  

Thank you michelle127, that is exactly how I feel! I forced lunch yesterday, but could not eat much of my dinner. I got breakfast down and now I am trying to talk myself into getting lunch together. I am just not hungry at all.

Hopefully this passes quickly. I have 4 days of school left, no way I can be absent now.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #28  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

Default Shocking

Last edited by aszimmer1; 06-12-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

Michelle - thanks for the tips and inspiration. Like you, I've totally quit cheese, have a creamy rarely, and the I only use a teaspoon of oil once or twice a week. I even did a week on Meta Quick. It's that time for me, so I'm feeling bloated now but despite my discouragement, I still look forward to WI just because I know there will be a day when I lose! I have them use the Tanita once a week, and you're right, it almost always shows progress, even if my weight isn't changing.

Aszimmer - You can purchase even the required herbs anywhere, but some of their stuff isn't sold anywhere else. It's only required that you take them, not that you buy them from MRC. I've even found the HNS online but they're either more expensive or just a little cheaper so with shipping it would cost more. It makes sense to try to save wherever you can!

WI tomorrow--- my fingers are crossed!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:43 PM   #30  
Master of disaster

So I'm working out like crazy, punching and kicking, when all of the sudden my workout capris were down around my knees! (I was alone at home) Don't try to picture it - it wasn't pretty, but WOWEE how cool!!!

I'm going to be busy the next few days as school is winding down (grades, packing my room, graduation, etc.) Everyone have a super week. I'll check in Wednesday or Thursday. Be Good!
Closed Thread