Old 09-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #271  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

I'm BAAACCK!! So, while my initial break during my trip to Charlotte was horrible. I stayed low-carbish and did not do the Medifast quite as quickly as I thought I would. I took an inventory of what I had and it was exactly 30 days worth of meals. Not wanting to break up such an even number, I decided that I would either be 100% Medifast or not. The last two weekends in August had my husband's birthday and travel over Labor Day, so I stayed tracking on MyFitnessPal and kept to 1300 calories of regular food. Today marks day one back on Medifast. Like TWINCA, I love how convenient it is! I don't have to put much thought into my meals and for now, that is exactly what I need.

I haven't weighed myself because quite honestly I don't want to be discouraged. I will step on the scale on Friday morning because that will be the 3 day on Medifast mark and give me the most accurate reading.

This time I even bought a sampler pack of the Flavors of Home meals to see how I like them. They're odd in that they're really stews. The Turkey Meatball marinara is desperate for some pasta with it; otherwise it's like eating Turkey Meatball soup. I did have some Miracle noodles that I paired it with to make it seem more 'normal'.

This weekend I have my first 5K since losing weight. The longest I have run so far is 2 miles and that pace would have me complete the 5K in about 50 minutes. Not my longest finishing time (that was 60 minutes and when I weighed 30 lbs more) but not my quickest either. I'll be happy just to finish it still running. For me, running is 99% psychological. I found my inner voice was really messing with my mind on my long run and I have to work hard to tune it out. I know I can do this even though I have not gone this distance yet in my training. I'm hoping for an opportunity this week to get at least 4K under my belt.

A very BELATED to LisaSV! Hope our inactivity didn't dissuade you. Hoping by now, you have turned the water corner. It does get better once you're body becomes accustomed to getting the right amount of water.

Glad to be back!! Happy September!!!

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 09-06-2017 at 12:01 PM.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:52 PM   #272  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

I'm baack, too. I definitely am in need of a reboot! I haven't been around for almost a month, wallowing in the binge eating mode. My husband, son and 14 year old granddaughter are all doing the ketogenic diet with phenomenal success. I tried over and over and just couldn't sustain it.
Like Laura said, Medifast is easy, minimal pre-thought and we know it works!
I will weigh in on Saturday. Too discouraging, otherwise. It will be what it is, and I will not linger in self defeat. It took me a couple of months to get to this committment. I do so well mentally and physically when I am on this program.

Now onto personals:

TWINCA ~ So lovely to hear of your success! Sorry for the delay in responding. I am thrilled with your perseverance! Please keep checking in! I do care.

Laura ~ Thank you for documenting your journey; you are one of the reasons I came back. And thank you for noticing my illness - more depression than anything else.
Good luck with your 5K this coming weekend. It goes without saying, but I know you will do well. Never giving up is your middle name!

Sheila~ I love to see your lovely face here. We are all juggling food choices and learning from our trials.

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 09-06-2017 at 05:51 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #273  
Jesus, I trust in You

lisasv ~ A very warm to you!

I intend to be more active on this thread again. In fact, if you haven't done so, read all the threads going back to November 2016. I am going to read those and get remotivated all over again!

Fill us all in as to how you are doing and if you have any questions!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 186/172.2/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies! First post...ever! Took the plunge and started Medifast today - total weight loss goal is -55 lbs, which should put me at 130. Just read through all the posts from page 1 to this one. What a fabulously supportive and positive group! I'm starting this program knowing I have self control issues and that I need to be held accountable. Hoping to help spread the encouragement, and capitalize on a group who will help keep me honest!
shortsarcastichobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:58 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi shortsarcastichobbit (Love that name)-

WELCOME to our little corner of the internet. We are very supportive group of gals and look forward to getting to know you on your journey!

Since this is your first go round, I strongly encourage you to go back and start at the beginning. NO...Not the very first thread EVER...but rather the beginnings of the journeys of most of us that regularly chime in on this board. There is a HUGE wealth of info that you will pick up a long the way:

FIRST:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medi...round-2-a.html

SECOND:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medi...1-2-redux.html

THIRD:
This string, which you have already completed.

Good luck! The first 3 days are the hardest so hang in there!

Last edited by TWINCA; 09-05-2017 at 10:59 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #276  
NOOM user

Y'all are like a warm bath! So nice to see the thread active again.

shortsarcastichobbit and an especially celebratory back to Joyce!!! I'm so glad you've returned!

Fresh starts are always a good thing! Day 1 was good. I woke up early this morning and went on a longer run in preparation for Sunday's race. I hate to use the term race because I'm only competing against myself. It's funny my decision to run this morning was primarily based on the fact that when I went to the cupboard last night to pull out my breakfast, it was the Dutch Chocolate Shake and I like to use the shakes as the perfect recovery meal for after a run. So, had I pulled out pancakes, I wouldn't have run this morning, LOL. Not really, I'd likely have run either way and swapped out the shake for the pancakes.

I also joined the gym at work so I could run at lunch and shower as well, use the rowing machine there to get an upper body workout in preparation for my kayaking in October.

I'm actually looking forward to Friday's weigh in.

Onward and downward all!!
Old 09-06-2017, 05:46 PM   #277  
Jesus, I trust in You

Thank you, Laura! First thing I did was read through our Medifast Round 2 thread.
My we were an active bunch, full of hope, suggestions and encouragement! We are resurrecting our lives and can be the lighthouse for all the new joiners!

to shortsarcastichobbit We welcome you with open arms and minds!

Laura ~ And ready, set and go to you, dear friend! You are motivating me to enact an exercise program...I intend to join Planet Fitness in the next couple of weeks.

To those who might not know, there is a thread challenge regarding a "contest" for Halloween. Check it out. It is a motivator. It is under the Support Topicshttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...en-2017-a.html

It is easy to join, free of course...just follow the directions!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 09-06-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #278  
Jesus, I trust in You

Well I bit the bullet and weighed in today... this is my 3rd day on Medifast reboot - and a killer headache yesterday proved that I am going through the sugar withdrawal phase.
Today I am much better, renewed and ready to "Just Do It."

I recorded my stats in the Halloween Challenge, made up my ticker and know that every two hours I get my trusty Medifast meal...and the rest is history.

No regrets...no remorse...excited!!!

How is everyone else doing today?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #279  
NOOM user

Hey Joyce! Tomorrow is my face the music weigh in. My clothes don't feel much different so I'm hoping I didn't do too much damage. I entered the Halloween challenge too, but don't have a start weight because I'm a coward. I'll just go with what the scale reads tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #280  
Jesus, I trust in You

Laura ~ You're not a coward, just the opposite! We are just playing the Chutes and Ladders game (remember that story) and now our next turn we are landing on the ladder...see this link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5289085-post35.html

Regardless what the number says...just remember:

No regrets, just refreshed!
Old 09-08-2017, 07:58 AM   #281  
NOOM user

Thanks Joyce. I actually had just read the Chutes and Ladders analogy earlier this week when I revisited the old threads.

Well, I finally faced the music. New starting weight 241.6. Less than 5lbs but it makes me wonder how much I gained during the break. Not much more I suspect. Oh well, that is the past and now I can focus on the future.

We went out for dinner last night and while I ordered the salad as I should, I also acknowledged that the sandwich my husband ordered was the one I coveted but knew I could not eat.

I've been planning our meals going into the next week so I can buy only what is required from the grocery store instead of trying to come up with meal ideas on the fly as I walk the aisles.

Looking forward to my 5k on Sunday. I'll be sure to recap here no matter how it goes.

Onward and downward!
Old 09-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #282  
NOOM user

Is it weird to say I actually missed stepping on the scale everyday? LOL
Old 09-09-2017, 12:20 PM   #283  
Jesus, I trust in You

Laura ~ Damage was minimal! Yea! Now you can move on and make things happen!

Plus your race is this week and you have a "lighter" heart just knowing that you are definitely on the right path physically and mentally.

Not weird to miss the scale...we want that visual reward everyday for being on program...but we know it doesn't always work that way!

Good luck this weekend!
Old 09-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #284  
NOOM user

Thanks, Joyce! Well, the 5K was interesting to say the least. I've never run in the afternoon before and that is usually my tired time. I took it easy in the lead up and made sure I didn't have too much in my stomach beforehand.

I got to the start/finish about 30 minutes early and had a lot of nervous energy. The course had some hilly bits that I eventually walked primarily but I did my best to stick with my intervals of 10 minutes running and 1 minute walking break. I finished in 51:31:37 which is not the worst nor the best I've done. I did feel like I was under-trained and am in no rush to increase my distance quite yet. I will take a break to reset and start back up next week aiming to run 3x a week. I thought I might want to work my way up to 8k for the spring, but I think I need to finish my weight loss journey first before I expand my running pursuits.

I didn't weigh in this morning because I ate off plan in response to my body's needs for the 5k, but I'll step on the scale tomorrow.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!!

Onward and downward!
Old 09-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 186/172.2/130

Height: 5'7"

How was the weekend for everyone?
shortsarcastichobbit is offline   Reply With Quote