Old 02-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #121  

Sheila, I don't know if I could ever drink coffee black, but you got me thinking about the iced coffee. I don't mind iced coffee with no milk/cream in it, as long as it is sweet. I could try using sugar free syrup in it iced, and then gradually cut back and see if my taste buds will adjust. Thanks for the idea!

I am enjoying a Pineapple smoothie this morning. I think they are refreshing and I like them much better than the berry ones. Oh, also, I read Sandy's Kitchen on Facebook and I saw her post that we can have a certain brand of yogurt cup ("Carb master" sugar free) and Nutrition support says one of those yogurts count as 2 ounces of Lean. She adds them to shakes to make different flavors. I thought it was interesting. Have any of you heard this before?
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #122  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Steph ~ Congratulations on the 1.5 loss!! Isn't it encouraging to see the downward trend!

Oh, I am sending out the package today!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #123  
Jesus, I trust in You

Sheila and Laura ~ I am a Baltimore girl, so crab cakes are so special to me! I am going to try your recipe tonight with the Honey Mustard pretzels plus some Old Bay seasoning. I will definitely report back!

I can't believe March will be upon us this week!
And 3 months 'til Memorial Day - we all can get a lot accomplished by then! Let us aim for persistence, not perfection - that is the winning combination!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-27-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Steph ~ Congratulations on the 1.5 loss!! Isn't it encouraging to see the downward trend!

Oh, I am sending out the package today!
Yay, thank you!! I am so excited! Funny how these MF meals feel like Christmas to us! haha.

How was your weekend?
Old 02-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #125  
Jesus, I trust in You

Well, everyone, I ended up weighing myself today at home. Damage is 4.4 pound gain.
I knew it was going to be bad...but I am determined to be transparent, so ticker statistics changed. and onward I go. I am gearing up for summer, thus the avatar and ticker images are a reflection of my renewed determination to "get 'er done" !

I have also realized that I can be serious to a certain point. If I look at the big picture, I have come a long way. The gain is acknowledged and documented. I don't think in all my dieting history, I have caught this so early. I would just given up. Medifast is a wonderful tool to get to my goal (which I have changed from 125 to 130) and I believe in its healthful properties. (This is the first January and February that I have not been sick!)

You all motivate me to continue on my journey. I will not let you down!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-27-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #126  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all, so I have a bit of a cautionary tale to tell. I have mentioned in the past that I had a cardiac incident back in June that while did not permanently damage my heart, did limit me and I keep putting myself in these stupid situations where the reality slaps me in the face.

I guess I overdid it with the walking. I noticed that during the more intense walks I was on, my heart rate was at 80% of my maximum heart rate but I didn't get too concerned. I have always had a low heart rate (60bpm or lower) for years. Sunday morning I got up and did my blood pressure and the heart rate was 49. I don't really panic until it dips below 50. I put it down to overdoing it on Saturday and taking something to help me sleep that night. However, this morning, I took my blood pressure (which was up) and saw 49 again. Add the overnight 2.2 lb weight gain and I was in full on freak out mode. Short of going to the ER - because I didn't have emergency symptoms, I was just unsettled by things; I did call my cardiologist.

Long story short, since I'm on this VCLD ketosis diet, I need to exercise but VERY moderately. My weight gain may have been courtesy of my bcp, a cup of bouillon and a couple slices of ham I had late yesterday to up my protein (had eaten the ham in the recent past to no change on the scale). The doctor was very assuring and calmed me down. He encouraged me to stay the course and exercise easy. He noted the body is trying to prevent weight loss when you lose a lot in a short time - which I am the definition of!!

Take care of yourselves and don't be too hard on yourself when your body fights back. Listen to your body and do what's best for you.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:46 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

The only think I can think about right now is CRAB CAKES!!! I love them and am super excited to use the pretzels and make my own tonight.

I am so jazzed today. I dropped 2 pounds so feel like I didn't miss a beat moving to the 4/2 Medifast plan. AND I feel good and got some much needed energy back.

I'm so happy that we are all doing so well both on and off the scale

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #128  
NOOM user

Yay Karen!! Keep going!!
Old 02-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Well, everyone, I ended up weighing myself today at home. Damage is 4.4 pound gain.
I knew it was going to be bad...but I am determined to be transparent, so ticker statistics changed. and onward I go. I am gearing up for summer, thus the avatar and ticker images are a reflection of my renewed determination to "get 'er done" !

I have also realized that I can be serious to a certain point. If I look at the big picture, I have come a long way. The gain is acknowledged and documented. I don't think in all my dieting history, I have caught this so early. I would just give up. Medifast is a wonderful tool to get to my goal (which I have changed from 125 to 130) and I believe in its healthful properties. (This is the first January and February that I have not been sick!)

You all motivate me to continue on my journey. I will not let you down!
Joyce ~

Gosh, you have a accomplished so much emotionally that the weight increase pales in comparison to everything else.

Catching yourself on that slippery slope IS and will be your success going forward. I so agree with you that Medifast is a great tool to dust yourself off and get back on plan. Thank you for choosing that for YOU! We as a group benefit from watching you gracefully take care of yourself.

I continue to admire your honesty you have with yourself and us gals on this forum.

We are rooting for you!

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 02-27-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Hey all, so I have a bit of a cautionary tale to tell. I have mentioned in the past that I had a cardiac incident back in June that while did not permanently damage my heart, did limit me and I keep putting myself in these stupid situations where the reality slaps me in the face.

I guess I overdid it with the walking. I noticed that during the more intense walks I was on, my heart rate was at 80% of my maximum heart rate but I didn't get too concerned. I have always had a low heart rate (60bpm or lower) for years. Sunday morning I got up and did my blood pressure and the heart rate was 49. I don't really panic until it dips below 50. I put it down to overdoing it on Saturday and taking something to help me sleep that night. However, this morning, I took my blood pressure (which was up) and saw 49 again. Add the overnight 2.2 lb weight gain and I was in full on freak out mode. Short of going to the ER - because I didn't have emergency symptoms, I was just unsettled by things; I did call my cardiologist.

Long story short, since I'm on this VCLD ketosis diet, I need to exercise but VERY moderately. My weight gain may have been courtesy of my bcp, a cup of bouillon and a couple slices of ham I had late yesterday to up my protein (had eaten the ham in the recent past to no change on the scale). The doctor was very assuring and calmed me down. He encouraged me to stay the course and exercise easy. He noted the body is trying to prevent weight loss when you lose a lot in a short time - which I am the definition of!!

Take care of yourselves and don't be too hard on yourself when your body fights back. Listen to your body and do what's best for you[/B].

Laura ~

Your experience is so vital to be aware of when doing a VLCD. I think you do have to deal with Medifast differently if you are going to exercise more than they suggest. I know that is what got me in trouble with my gallbladder a few weeks back.

Your last line was such good advice!!

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 02-27-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #131  

Joyce, we totally have your back! Great job catching it an turning it around before it got "big." You can do this. Maybe that little gain was the price for all of your newly-learned self awareness about the binge eating issue. And that little gain, turned around, will prevent any big gains in your future. You have new insight into your behaviors are your why's so I believe you are even better equipt now to get this done!

Laura, wow, how scary! I'm glad you have a good, responsive cardiologist to reassure you and give you advice about this. Staying healthy is #1. So what will you do as far as execise goes, now? Will you still walk but less intensely?

Karen, congratulations on the two pounds! That is HUGE with the change to 4 and 2. Wonderful!
Old 02-27-2017, 06:09 PM   #132  
NOOM user

Steph, my plan is to walk less intensely. I'll have a step goal still but won't let my heart rate exceed 60% of my maximum heart rate. I was just feeling so energetic I overdid things. Have to stay focused on the program first.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #133  
NOOM user

Morning all!

Back to work for me today. My pulse is slightly higher and I'm monitoring my blood pressure throughout the day. My doctor increased my bp meds as I am not at the top end of the dosage yet. Hoping as I lose weight I will need less so this is just a short term dosage I hope.

My body dropped 1.2lbs of the 2.2 gain from overnight Sunday, so hopefully that was just a blip and things will continue SLOWLY because I don't want to be derailed. Again I'm so grateful of my cardiologist's support on what I'm doing to lose weight.

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:49 PM   #134  
Jesus, I trust in You

Dear Laura ~ I am praying for you! It certainly seems your cardiologist knows you well and is monitoring your vitals with utmost care! I am glad you lost most of the unwarranted weight gain...just another "blip" that resulted from this event. You are right - slow and safe - that is the name of this game!

Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #135  
Jesus, I trust in You

Karen ~ Thank you for your kind words. I am on the right track now. I have wondered where I would be if it weren't for this wonderful group of friends. We are "journaling" our way through mishaps, health scares, the happy and the sad, the unexplainable and the apparent. It really feels good to come here everyday and know that a pleasantry will be at my fingertips!

Tags
medifast