Old 02-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #16  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Laura~ Remarkable progress! You are exercising your "resistance muscle." The more you say no, the easier it "supposedly" becomes! That is according to Judith Beck who authored many cognitive behavioral therapy books. The one I am reading now is The Diet Trap Solution, Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good..

She shares wonderful techniques to recover immediately after going off plan and/or avoiding troublesome foods. I highly recommend it. There is also a daily thread here on this site.

I hope your Charlotte trip is productive!

Remember that when you get back home, you decided you are not going to weigh in until Saturday. I think that way any sodium you be retaining from the Lean and Greens will be flushed out and you will see a nice loss.

Journeys take place in our mind as well as our physical location. You are doing both at the moment. Have a safe trip!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #17  
Jesus, I trust in You

I though this article was an interesting take on image during the weight loss phase:

http://www.leanbodiesconsulting.com/...towel-analogy/
Old 02-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
P.S. Could you edit your post - I am in the 130's!!! Out of the 160's! Gosh, it feels so good to write that!!!
Joyce~

I am SO sorry for that! I think I was dreaming of that number for myself! HA!

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #19  
Strength; not just Muscle

S/C/G: 284/265.5/200

Height: 5'2"

NSV today - was able to walk at the park for 1.5 miles, then walked around grocery shopping for another mile!! It's been a long time since I walked like that. I have arthritis knees and tendinitis behind my knees and Achilles' tendon, so I am so stoked. Best part is that I haven't had to use any pain relievers afterwards. Go me!!
BanTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #20  
Jesus, I trust in You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanTam View Post
NSV today - was able to walk at the park for 1.5 miles, then walked around grocery shopping for another mile!! It's been a long time since I walked like that. I have arthritis knees and tendinitis behind my knees and Achilles' tendon, so I am so stoked. Best part is that I haven't had to use any pain relievers afterwards. Go me!!
BanTam ~ That is incredible!
Old 02-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #21  
Jesus, I trust in You

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk50 View Post
Joyce~

I am SO sorry for that! I think I was dreaming of that number for myself! HA!

Karen
Karen, you are a sweetheart! Thank you!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-12-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #22  

Thank you for the cheer!!
Old 02-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #23  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Yay BanTam for the awesome NSV!!

I'm so looking forward to driving home today!! The previous two days I would say were 80% on plan and I'm looking forward to having more options and control again. Valentines dinner is tomorrow night and then that is IT for eating out for a few days, PLEASE!!!

I'm happy to report I never caved to the chocolates, donuts, chips or candy, but my L&G were not as lean as I'd like, but when I logged my food, I was still in a lower calorie range (1000 - 1200), so it was not a write-off.

Today is very unstable as we are not hitting the road first thing as planned, rather we are in the office for the morning for meetings, and then leaving close to noon. I have a couple meals available that I had skipped over the last two when I was eating less lean so I have the opportunity to prepare in the break room that I didn't have originally. Saving my non-prep meals for the actual drive. I have absolutely no idea what or when my L&G will be.

Have a great Monday all!!

Laura

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 02-13-2017 at 08:17 AM.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Wow! Just Wow! I'm out of the loop for 3 days and so many amazing things have happened. TwinCA, Thank you for starting this new thread. It really says something that our little group is so active and supportive. Like so many others here, I do get a lot of support just from reading what others are doing, saying, struggling with and winning! Thank you to everyone that posts or even just comes to read.

Welcome Pinkberry! and congratulations for everyone's loss over the past week! New decades, Birthday celebration, NSV's, winning the daily battle over temptation. Last week was a great week and we're starting another right now!

I am back from my week long trip to visit my family. It was a wonderful trip. I certainly had my share of temptation but like Laura, I stayed on plan for probably 80-90% of the time. It is a good exercise in reality eating. I stayed with a very close friend for a couple of days. Because is also dieting we kept each other on the right path. I was able to lose almost 3lbs over the week so I consider it a huge victory. I am glad to be home where eating is easier because it is more structured.

Yesterday my husband and I went to the grocery store and came out with only lean meats and vegetables. He says he likes to "window shop" at the grocery store. He is still doing really well on his diet and has now lost 30 lbs since Jan 4th. I've noticed a few slips (like we all do from time to time). I told him that he has only lost 9 more lbs than I have, I am coming for him in the weight loss department! It never hurts to throw a little competition in the mix. He hates to lose so my real goal here is to keep him on track instead of falling off plan. It also helps me tremendously to be following this path together.

Stay the course!

Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #25  

Happy Monday, y'all!

Safe trip home, Laura!

Sheila, I agree about "reality eating". You did so wel!

Just downed my oatmeal...which I LOVE! I forgot my glucose meter but I know my numbers will be good because my carbs are regulated with the MF food.

Have a proactive day!!
Old 02-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday!!

Got on the scale for my weekly weigh-in and down 4 pounds.

So, 62 pounds down with a remaining 22 to go. I actually might be in maintenance by summer. I'm sure my weekly losses will slow down but I have been a bit shocked that they have been so good these last 2 months. I did a lot more exercise this week and it actually seems to be helping me. If anything it is definitely helping my metabolism.

When I did my re-start on 12/12 I really did change the way I approached how I was going to do this each and every day. I'm a "all or nothing" person so once I got my head around the plan I knew I could not take a bite here or there. Those bites sabotaged me the first round. I'll learn how to navigate those in maintenance but until I get there it really becomes a slippery slope for me. My mental approach is that the more I stick to eating nothing off plan the faster I will get to maintenance.

I realized I am pretty militant about this but I have been fighting this weight for the last 5 years and I am done giving myself permission to not reach goal.

So onward and upward. Every day on plan - no cheats...and tons of water!

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #27  
Jesus, I trust in You

Karen ~ Wow! 4 more pounds is awesome! Those 160's aren't a dream...probably a reality next week!

Your diligence to the program is admirable. Your pursuit of excellence is beyond expectation! I know that all the changes that you have made since 12/12 have strengthened you in more ways than weight loss. It is your determination that has made you who you are today and why your success is underscored!

Congratulations! Goal is just around the corner!
Old 02-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #28  
Jesus, I trust in You

Sheila ~ So glad to have you back! You were missed! I am so glad your trip went well and 3 pounds lost while navigating the real world is fantastic!

It is wonderful that you and your husband are in "friendly" competition with each other. It makes it fun and prevents each of you from the occasional stray.

Like BanTam's wish for us: Have a proactive day!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-13-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #29  

BanTam, I think you must be right about my broth causing retention. I have been craving salt something fierce and drinking broth several times a day (even though it is not on plan, I kept thinking it was ok because it is 5 calories a cup!) I know that was not a great idea now.

I stalled all the way to weigh in day with 0 pounds lost in week 3. That bothers me because I would think a sick person would lose more weight, not less, but hopefully it will come back off now that I am all better and not drinking broth. I will watch my salt intake this week. I also was congested at night and when I was a kid my grandma always made me a "hot toddie" before bed to help me sleep and stop coughing. Two nights I made those for myself (hot tea with honey, lemon and whiskey). I didn't even THINK about that being off plan. To me it seemed like medicine! Thinking back, honey is carbs and who knows what effect the whiskey would have, even though it was not much. Lesson is learned and this week will be 100% and I will be very careful about anything that goes in my mouth (now that I think about it, what about cough syrup? Does that have carbs too? Because I was also taking that!)

It was fun to catch up on this thread and read about everyone's successes! I'm glad you had a great trip, Laura!
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #30  
Jesus, I trust in You

Steph ~ So glad you are finally feeling better!

As for analyzing the food/medicine intake, I think you are right! The "hot toddies" and especially the regular cough medicine - really high in carbs - I am sure contributed to the scale number! Robitussin makes a sugar free one that you could use IF you get this cough again!

Yes, the broth is high sodium, but now that you are back on your plan, all that sodium retention should dissipate as long as you stay diligent drinking your water.

Look, the weigh in is over, the illness is over and you are back on plan! No real harm done. You are going to be fine with next week's weigh in...all is good!!

You sound energetic and ready to begin anew!!!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-13-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Tags
medifast