Old 02-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Happy Valentines Day to all!

My beloved husband called this morning to ask if I wanted him to pick up a bottle of wine to celebrate tonight with our "meager" dinner (his words). The entire phrase goes something like this, "Our meager dinner, best 10 minutes of my day." He always makes me laugh.

Back to the wine, I am the party pooper because I declined for myself. I'm in a really good place with this diet right now and have set a mini-goal of getting out of the 180's by the 1st of March. If I hope to meet that goal, I need to stick to the plan especially while I am motivated to do so.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Steph, I hope you are feeling 100% now. For those feeling good....Cheers! For those struggling a bit, remember, we all have those days. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just pick yourself up and start again. Just coming to this board says you're working hard.

Stay the course!

Sheila
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #32  
Strength; not just Muscle

S/C/G: 284/265.5/200

Happy Valentine's Day!! <3

Are y'all having a good day?

Sheila - It's great that you are in such a sweet place that you can say no to the wine and not feel deprived OR obligated! It sounds like you all will have a wonderful "meager" dinner tonight.

My weight has been in a stall since this weekend. It's only Tuesday and I have until next Monday to see if the scale will move. I knew the slow down was coming, it always does....BOOOOO!

After my walk on Sunday I felt great but yesterday afternoon I started getting complaints from those muscles I hadn't used in a while! I used to love to walk when I could get off at 1:30 to do it. Now, I don't get home until 4:00 and I just don't feel like it. Anyway, I just keep counting down the days to retirement; 410 days, 2 hours and 29 min (and counting)...to be exact.

Have a wonderful day! Don't forget to love yourself, too!
BanTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 350/345/299 - mini goal

Height: 5'5

Happy Valentines Everyone!

I'm on day 2 of week 2.

Week 1 I lost a total of 6lbs!
polynesian.queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #34  

PQ! Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! Congratulations. It feels great doesn't it? You've made it through the first week. You should be so proud of yourself.

After a couple of days of significant weight loss (for my body), I'm now in the 2 - 3 day holding pattern of not much change. As Joyce noted previously, this is how her weight loss seems to progress as well. Knowing that pattern of weight loss helps mentally.

I still like to weigh-in every day and a bit of a rebound water gain, doesn't bother me at all because I know its not real weight if I've been sticking to the plan.

Personally, this week is a big one for me as I have 2 job interviews. One today and one on Friday. I love my current job but after 3 years of great reviews, increasing responsibility and respect from my peers and management, there has been no increase in "green". This is from a Fortune 15 company. So I am testing the waters elsewhere just to see what my value is. Wish me luck!

P.S. This weight loss has given me the extra confidence in my appearance to kill it! (OK, so its a phone interview, but still!)

Have a great day and stay the course!

Sheila

Last edited by sheilaE; 02-15-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #35  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all!

I've been back two days and happy to be home! I haven't weighed in yet but my measurements continue to drop, which is nice. I got my new shipment and am trying all kinds of new things. I have come to the conclusion that the popcorn, while a fun snack, does not feed my hunger in a way to 'tide me over' between meals and almost increases it. Will save it for very occasional use only. It's interesting that the crunchers appear to be like a regular savory snack, however, the parmesan cheese puffs I had after the popcorn filled me almost immediately where the popcorn left me feeling that I was wanting more food.

Valentines was interesting in that the restaurant had a special menu for the evening. I was able to stay 90% L&G but allowed myself to have some of my dessert. I think I actually do have a tiny carb hangover this morning even though I didn't go crazy.

We're meeting up with a visiting friend from out of town for dinner and a movie on Friday night, so I think I'll do my weigh in Friday morning instead.

Happy HumpDay!!

Laura
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:07 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi ladies- No, I'm not dead...just crazy busy at work. Got some new cases in that are keeping me really busy (and then some!). I was in Chicago for 3 days on business last week, and then went on a mini-vacation with my family over the weekend to LA. Like others who were traveling, I was admittedly not 100% on plan. Rather, I was eating like a "normal person," but small quanties and ALL low carb. I did Adkins many times in my life (haven't we all?) so I'm good at eating low carb. You just need to roll with it sometimes, you know?

All that said, it is not terribly unexpected that I've only lost one lonely pound in the past week and a half. To be honest, I'm shocked that I did not gain, so Ill take that victory. Why? Because it means that I will NOT gain once I get off the 5/1 plan.

In any event, I'm back to 100% MF now, so I expect the weight to keep falling off once I rid my body of the sodium that is lingering.

I've (finally) been exploring some more of the new Optavia foods I ordered...

I REALLY like the chocolate cherry ganache bars. They taste sort of like a cross between the chocolate crunch bars and a yummy brownie with some occasional dried cherries. It's the ONLY Optavia good that I truly like and would order again (though I'm on regular MF and not TSFL so not possible).

I tried the chocolate cherry shake, but it was a big thumbs down for me. I will not use the rest of the packets.

I tried the Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits, and it was a solid "meh." So-so, but would not order again. They were very dry, and for whatever reason, made me think for a second that I was eating a sock (with rosemary). LOL.

I tried the cinnamon cream cheese swirl coffee cakes. Those were pretty good. I would consider ordering again, but not dying to do so.

I'm going to try the rest of the stash tomorrow.

I might try to unload the Optavia products that I didn't like along with those chili cheese puffs. Please pm me if you are interested as I'd be willing to divy up into some (free) care packages for my little "weight loss village" on this thread. I know...with such glowing product reviews, how can you pass? Hahaha!!

In any event, I moved up my MF order to tomorrow so I can go back to my "boring" but favorite foods:

YOUR MEDIFAST ADVANTAGE ORDER:
3 - Dutch Chocolate Shake
1 - French Vanilla Shake
3 - Cinnamon Pretzel Sticks
3 - Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes
2 - Chicken Flavored Noodle Soup
2 - Beef Vegetable Soup
3 - Peanut Butter Crunch Bar
1 - S'more Crunch Bar
1 - Chocolate Crunch Bar
1 - Cheddar & Sour Cream Popcorn
2 - Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
1 - Chocolate Pudding

So there you have it. Wishing you all continued losses!!!

Last edited by TWINCA; 02-15-2017 at 10:15 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:08 AM   #37  
NOOM user

Welcome back TWINCA! Glad your trip was successful. Happy to report that despite travelling I lost 2.6lbs.

I was hoping for more (as we all do) because I'm still boggled by last week's stall, but I'm happy it is going in the right direction. I am officially lighter than I have been in over 3 years so I'm finally in new territory! Next step is getting out of the 280s. Then I'll feel like I'm truly progressing.

Have a great day all!

Laura

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 02-16-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #38  

Happy Thursday!!

I hope y'all are having an amazing morning.

Sheila – I am feeling you’re pain on the “holding pattern”. I haven’t had a change in a week, then today I weighed and I’m UP 2 pounds! Frustrating, but I know it’s part of the process. How did your interview go yesterday?? ...and good luck on your interview for Friday!

Laura – I haven’t tried any of the snack foods. What new things are you trying? It’s good that you were able to stay at 90% for your Valentine dinner!!

Twin – Yeah, that one pound loss translates to a HUGE victory! …and you got back on plan! That IS a skill! Do you use any of the Torani sugar free flavoring syrups? World Market carries them. I was thinking that you may be able to “spike” the chocolate cherry shake with a SF Torani chocolate flavoring syrup to make it more palatable. I used to have photos and recipes for shakes on the MF site, but I couldn’t find it any longer.

For myself, I am feeling a little down about being up 2 pounds. I know to stay the course, but it’s much harder when the scale doesn’t move. I log my food every day and I know my calories have been within the range for all days but one. *sigh* I’m hoping for a WHOOSH!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #39  

TwinCA, I'm with you on the being able to eat in the real world and still lose a little weight and/or maintain. Its a big victory in and of itself.

I'm also onboard with the Optavia stuff. I am not a big fan either. I also like the chocolate cherry ganache bars but not enough to pay $4 extra a box so I have not ordered them again. I also find the Optavia Chia Bliss Smoothie to be pretty good but again, not worth the extra cost.

I also tend to stick to the same ole, same ole. I do get a little bit bored with it but its hard to argue with success.

Laura, Congrats! Its still a win for you! Heading in the right direction. Now that you are going to be eating at home for a few days perhaps that lingering sodium will disappear and you'll see a much bigger loss next week.

Personally, I am on day 3 of the exact same weight but that is ok because we are still weight lifting every other day and I know I am getting leaner. The pants I wore to a small gathering 10 days ago that fit for the first time (they still had the tags on them) are now on the edge of being too big for me.

Stay the course!

Sheila
Old 02-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanTam View Post

For myself, I am feeling a little down about being up 2 pounds. I know to stay the course, but it’s much harder when the scale doesn’t move. I log my food every day and I know my calories have been within the range for all days but one. *sigh* I’m hoping for a WHOOSH!
BamTam This is where we all struggle. Doing the right things and still adding some weight can be frustrating. Make sure you are drinking tons of water. Some days I feel like I could float a boat with the amount of water I drink. I do best with room temperature water in a glass beside me at my desk. the second it is empty, I refill it. Hang in there, it will happen! Its all about what you do (or don't do) when no one is looking.

The interview went well. The HR gal told me she is sure I will be called for round 2 in the process because I have the exact skills and experience they are looking for. It would mean going into an office and wow, I really like working from home. But all that remains to be seen. 1 down and 1 to go tomorrow!

Stay the course!

Sheila
Old 02-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #41  
NOOM user

BanTam, I feel your pain!! Stay strong and committed! I have every faith that you will see a big loss!!

Congrats, Sheila on the NSV with the pants!! I am looking forward to those times too! As it is now, my current pants are getting too loose but I have not gone down enough to crack out the next size down (I think I was pushing the limits with my current pants so the lifespan is longer than normal).

As for the snack, I had the sour cream and cheddar popcorn (I think that's what it's called) and it's much like the SkinnyTaste popcorn in that it is not dry and tastes really good, but it doesn't satiate my hunger at all. May save it for movie nights or when we go to the cinema (though I've been less inclined to have popcorn in the last few years and we lately only go to the cinemas that serve gourmet meals at your seat).

I almost wonder if I'd have had a bigger loss without the snacks and the travelling... time will tell.

Have a great day, all!!

Cheers,
Laura
Old 02-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #42  

Happy Friday to everyone! I finally got the scale to budge just a bit today although I believe we may have had a fight with one another. It showed me multiple weights over the course of an hour and we finally compromised on the one I saw most often. Full disclosure, I stopped trying when the better number showed up one last time!

The diet feels like drudgery today. My enthusiasm has waned this morning. I did all the right things, exercised, drank water, only ate my MF shake and even tried on my smaller pants and saw how they were fitting better. Still drudgery. I think I may just be bored of the food and the diet. This is when the going gets mentally challenging for me. I don't feel compelled to eat horrible amounts of food, just tired of what I am eating and maybe tired of thinking about it all the time. I do have my eyes on the goal but find myself wondering when this mental lethargy will break.

I have plenty to keep me busy today. Another job interview via phone and I got a 2nd interview from the organization I interviewed with on Wed scheduled for next week. All good stuff! My current work keeps me hopping all day and before I know it, it will be Friday night! Weight lifting tonight with my husband which I love and I know is starting to work. I think the muscle weight is why I'm not seeing the numbers go down on the scale.

Onward! Stay the course!

Sheila
Old 02-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #43  

Gooooooood FRIDAY Morning!!!!!

Do y'all have plans for the weekend? It's a 3 day weekend for me, but it is supposed to rain Sunday afternoon and Monday. I wanted to get out and get the onions and potatoes planted and clean out the asparagus bed, so I'd better get my butt busy tomorrow!

My blood sugar was AWESOME yesterday! It was in normal ranges all day long. I have hopes there will be similar numbers today. To go from the very high 200's and low 300's to being down around 100...? FANTASTIC!!

I am sincerely hoping to see a change on the scale by Monday morning. Maybe I should do my "five days of fish" which I have used multiple times before to break a stall. Hmmmm. Well, I'm hungry right now so I had better not think about food until I get some MF oatmeal into me!

Have a great day everyone! We ARE doing it!!

Last edited by BanTam; 02-17-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #44  

Good morning, Sheila!

The food can get old, even when you like it. Have you tried looking up some recipes and trying to invent something new with what you have?

You are so inspiring and encouraging to everyone. Something that would help me is looking through the threads and helping others when I was feeling down. Helping newbies with info that took you months/years to learn feels so good to pass on. When is the last time you took a selfie? Maybe looking at some "before" photos will help take some of the drudgery out.

Congrats on the second interview and good luck for today! You GOT THIS!!
Old 02-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #45  
NOOM user

Hey all! Happy Friday!!

It's ironic that Sheila was feeling drudgery as I was looking at my schedule of meals and even though I'm only just starting my new shipment, I'm already worried about being bored. I totally get it. It's like a winter doldrum too. I feel like this program might be easier when it's warmer as you have really fresh lean and green to look forward to.

Hope everyone gets to enjoy a long weekend! Definitely need it. I'm actually off today in lieu for working last weekend, so I have a 4 day weekend.

Keep up the good work all! We've got this!!

Cheers,
Laura

Tags
medifast