Old 02-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #91  

Happy Friday everyone! I see you all are still doing very well with the plan. I am interested in watching the transitions and how that goes. There were a lot of people on the old Medifast boards who lost all the weight and the gained it back very quickly, even the inspiring people. I think transition is everything!

I have a little tip for you today if you have tried the Optavia sweet potatoes and, like me, think they are horrible. I had one last packet to use so I thought, why not make it into a pumpkin pie shake? I put in the blender: one cup of unsweetened almond milk (1 condiment), a tablespoon of sugar free vanilla syrup, and a little shake of pumpkin pie spice, with the packet of sweet potatoes and a handful of ice cubes. I blended it up and it does taste like a pumpkin pie shake. Not amazing but much better than the warm, protein-smelling (to me) sweet potatoes.

This Sunday is my last weigh in of the month so I am hoping for a nice loss of a couple of pounds.
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:20 PM   #92  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Sheila ~ Good luck with "the talk" with your current employer - I am hoping they match the offer of the job prospect. If they realize you are serious, perhaps they will "come up" with the funding to keep a valued employee.

I like your attitude, too. "Let the chips fall where they may." Rather than worry, your acceptance of the outcome negates any further decision making. I am going to take a page out of your book and follow it!

Keep us posted!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #93  
Jesus, I trust in You

Friends, I have been struggling. I had reverted back to my old ways this week. I believe this 8 week class I am taking - "Food and Mood" - is uncovering some deep emotional attachment that I have with bingeing. This program is presented by a psychologist who is certain that you have to go through it to get to the other side. I was perfectly content on Medifast until I started this program: never thinking it would play havoc with my resistance to sugared items.
I don't think the damage to my weight loss is severe at this point. However, I have decided to get right back on program today, not weigh in and "let the chips fall where they may" to quote our dear friend Sheila!

I only have 2 classes left. The therapist said the worst is over. It is strange to say but I do believe a burden has been lifted. Last night I recalled a specific instance in my life that had been very difficult to express. But I now see how I have been rebelling by using food as the means to suffer or in other words, hurt myself, since my mom suffered so much pain with pancreatic cancer for almost a year before her death 26 years ago.

I know this sounds crazy. But, hey, whatever works! I realize now what I have been doing unconsciously. So onward I go, making progress, one step at a time.

Let me know what you think.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #94  
Jesus, I trust in You

Steph ~ I was one of "those" people from the old MF boards. Today I am NOT going to go back to that former weight again. I am learning to get right back on program if I deviate. It is worth it to me to "get it right" this final time.

I like your sweet potato shake idea. I will definitely try it. Thanks...I love any new ideas to try with the Medifast and Optavia products!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #95  

Joyce, that sounds very hard to go through. I wonder if digging up all the old buried feelings is what made it hard to stay on plan. I hear them say that we have to dig that stuff up and deal with it to lose weight for good, so maybe that is what you needed to do. Do you think so? I watch 600 pound life and that Dr always sends them to a therapist. They always say they don't need to talk about the past but then when they do, it seems to help. That scares me a little, because going to a therapist seems a but scary to me. I have my past scars like everyone else but would rather leave them in the past. But maybe it is necessary to deal with it to heal. I just don't know.

I have had headaches on and off this whole week. I am eating on plan (5 and 1) but just feel so grouchy and "off." Maybe it is hormonal. I also feel very impatient. I wanted to be losing weight at lightening speed and I am not (my own fault, not stay 100% on plan every day in the past month) but I just read stories of people losing 15, 20 or more pounds their first month and I liked to dream ahead about how soon I would be thin if I lost that much every month! I guess I need to cultivate patience.

I had a MF orange drink for breakfast, which is my new go-to since I was sick awhile back. It is just a nice light first meal and I have a LOT of orange drinks! I had the sweet potato shake mid-day and the cinnamon pretzels at lunch. I wish I had some brownies. If anyone wants to trade brownies for some expired Triple Berry Shakes just let me know!!

Last edited by StephGetsHealthy; 02-24-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Joyce ~

I admire your honesty. You are so wise to work on the emotional stuff that will always surface unless we face it and work through it. It can be a painful
uphill battle. You are one courageous lady!

So happy that you got back on plan and are choosing to skip weighing in tomorrow. I think sometimes we give that scale too much energy. Your victory this week is that you got back on plan. I am mentally circling 2/24/2017 on your calendar.

Dieting is harder some weeks than others AND when you add dealing with some of the emotional stuff at the same time it can easily take a toll on you.

Above all, YOU got back on plan. I am celebrating that!

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 175/158/155

Height: 5"7

Hi Ladies,

Happy Saturday to all. I weighed in this morning after a week of being back on plan following my birthday/business trip splurge. And the results are...

Starting Weight: 175
Week One: 170.4
Week Two: 168.8
Week Three: 166.8
Week Four: 164.4
Week Five: 166.4-gained 2 due to week off plan
Week Six:162.4
Total loss: 12.6 pounds!!

I am beyond happy for the 4 pounds lost and even happier I got right back on track, it really paid off!! I have 7.4 pounds to go! Im really hoping I can get there in the next 2-3 weeks as I am running low on Medifast food and will not be purchasing any more. In the interest of transparency I do want to tell you all that I have cut down on my Medifast meals this week-Im only having 2-4 a day and I will typically eat slightly larger lean and green with a bit of added fat. I have been doing this for awhile and my body seems to like it more. The calories are about the same but the carbs are less, usually around 50 grams a day.

Im really starting to look forward to transition. I cant wait to eat healthy and exercise and feel my best. Even though Im ecstatic to be losing weight I definitely don't have much energy, eating this little, and the energy I do have is going towards work and dieting and that's about it.

Joyce- Getting right back on track is the right thing to do. I can completely relate to you and your situation and having just had a week off plan(a few days of which were VERY bad) . I think it might have actually helped with the weight loss because it confused my body a bit. I think our body adapts to dieting, which slows down the weight loss and having a cheat day every now and then can help. I know body builders do it. You are so close to your goal and I know you will get there!!

I am so impressed with you all and wish you continued success!! Have a great weekend!

Best,
Carmen
yumyumgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 AM   #98  

Carmen ~

Your weight loss is terrific! Way to stick to it and get the weight loss benefits at the same time.

I went to a 4/2 as well and my body feels so much better and the energy has come back.

I'm so happy for you that you got back on plan and saw success on the scale.

Good for you.

Karen
Old 02-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #99  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all!

Joyce, I had a feeling when you hadn't been around that something was up. You're always so inspiring and I really missed you. I totally understand the needing to tackle the root of your issues. I am a firm believer that until we face the thing inhibiting our success, we will repeat bad habits and derail ourselves. So glad you came here to share your struggles.

Steph, I hope things improve on the scale. I understand how frustrating it is when our bodies don't seem to do what we think they should based on the effort we've put in to getting healthier. Focus on staying on plan a day at a time, and you'll see results. I just know it!

As for me, something odd is going on. I started a walking challenge on Tuesday - challenging myself to 7,500 steps a day. When I am in the office I often meet or exceed the goal but the last two days I worked from home and while I did better than I would have in the past (5,000 - 6,000+ vs 1200 I used to get), I fell short of the goal. That being said, since I started walking the scale has plummeted. I don't want to jinx it but in the last week I have lost 5.2 lbs and am officially at the 25 lbs lost mark! It's kind of freaking me out because it was so quick in such a short time and I know the inevitable stall is imminent. Last month I had a huge loss the week of my period (which is odd in itself) then stalled for two weeks. I think I need to mentally prepare for the stall, just for my own sanity.

I'm looking forward to the next 5lb milestone because that will be a loss of 10% of my starting weight and I know it comes with great health benefits!

Today is another challenging step day, so I'm heading to the mall to walk around, window shop and get the miles in. Everyone stay strong and positive!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:22 AM   #100  
Jesus, I trust in You

Laura ~ Thank you for your kind words. I reminded myself yesterday morning: "Right now, right this very minute, I have given myself a "thumbs up" on how far I have come, a thank you to the Lord above for giving me a new day to continue my journey and the courage to begin anew."

More importantly, Laura, a big 25 pounds is the first milestone towards many! I love your 5 pound twirly happy faces!
Old 02-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #101  

Laura ~

25 pounds is awesome!!!

What a great week you've had.

Do not fear the week to come for weight loss. Enjoy THIS loss today! You are in big time fat burning mode and exercising. Your body is liking this!

What a great day for you!

Karen
Old 02-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #102  
Jesus, I trust in You

Carmen ~ I am so excited to see your fantastic loss!
You picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and continued on your journey. That is positive motivation for me, as well as anyone else who might be struggling!

Yes, you are so close to your goal. I think the tweaking to the program is beneficial to your health and your exercise goals. I am so happy for you!
When you reach goal, I want you to help us with the transition process. Whatever you do, don't leave this group. We need you!

I think the transparency we have allowed here definitely is a major component to the success of this group. Originally I thought that I might deter someone on their journey, perhaps influencing them to go off plan because "Joyce" did it. (Believe me, I don't advocate that for a second.) But how we recover is the important component. Strategies that work for one of us, may definitely spur another not to give up, but utilize another's technique. (It is always good to file away those tidbits for a time when we might need it.)

So the moral of this story is we get up more than we fall down, and we don't leave this program and our group...there is the magic of "letting go" of our ego and let the Medifast do its job! No regrets, just action!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-25-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:13 AM   #103  
Jesus, I trust in You

Quote:
Quote:
I wish I had some brownies. If anyone wants to trade brownies for some expired Triple Berry Shakes just let me know!!
Steph, I sent you a private message!
Old 02-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #104  

Saturday morning thoughts....

I am amazed how just tweaking my plan to a 4 Medifast and 2 L&G with some extra healthy fats I am as good as new. No more abdominal pain from my gallbladder!

In the last few weeks I really started to second guess if I should stay on Medifast and if I was really going to get on the other side of the abdominal pain. I think if this happened a few years back I would have thrown in the towel and used the pain as my excuse to quit...and probably gained back the weight. BUT it just feels so different this time. This is what I like about Medifast, you can tweak it a bit to meet different nutritional needs and still lose weight.

After reading all our thoughts this past week I am amazed at how far we've all come. Thank you for all the time everyone takes to post where they are at, how they are feeling, their highs and lows.

We arenít a one-size fits all sort of place. This thread is about REAL living, with wonderful guidance and accountability so we can all feel our very best.

I am grateful.

Karen
Old 02-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Steph, I sent you a private message!
Thank you Joyce!! So excited!

Tags
medifast