Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 AM   #1  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Default October Medifast Chat

Wow! Things have really died down around here. Not sure how many Medifasers are left to chat this month.

Am I the only one left?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Hi, I am still around and plugging away. I have almost given up on the chicken noodle soup-I dumped a pile of strong spices in there but nothing can change that gloopy taste and texture. Still love my blueberry muffins though!
I am wondering if anyone, like me, ever strays a tinsy bit from the program and has a low carb/ low fat treat like sugar free ice cream? These little treats help me stay with the MF foods and I make sure that I don't go over my calorie and carb limits.
Happy October to everyone and wishes for continued success!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #3  
Blue Blood

CatWuv
So nice to see another friendly MF face here! Don't you just love being called a MFer?!
Glad you are still working at it..I'm finishing up my third month now...I'm afraid to cheat...I am determined to get to a size 14 by Thanksgiving...That doesn't give me any room to slow down...But...You can bet that I will be eating that Pumkin Pie on Thanksgiving!
For me, it is easier to not give myself the option of cheating at all than it is to get back on plan after I cheat if that makes any sense.
Have a great day!
D
Old 10-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #4  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Djay! Im so thrilled to come back to the site and see you at ONEDERLAND!!!!!!! How awesome girl! Im so proud of you, with all your plateaus and all. Great job!
So, I was on a SERIOUS plateau. Nothing after that little nudge. I was at 196.5 for forever!!!! So, I deliberatly went off program for 2 weeks on a highcarb diet. Well, I just started back OP last monday and have already lost 3 pounds... (I gained 2 pounds on the high carb)
One thing that really sucked was realizing just how much I really can not tolerate high carb amounts in my diet. I was tired all the time and had heartburn as soon as a carb went into my mouth! Arg. I think it is either wheat or gluten that Im reacting to. Maybe I should go get an allergy check.... All I know is back OP and Low carb, no heartburn, more energy. but that plateau was kicking my tush. Life is good, knowing what is working and knowing that Im working, and knowing that I can go off and have popcorn and it wont kill me.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #5  
Blue Blood

Missy!!
So glad you are back! And busting a plateau at that! I am so happy for you! As you can see things have been very quiet in Medifast land. I think it gets harder to diet with the change of seasons...but I plan to push through! Onederland has just reenergized me!
How are the boys? Are you all enjoying the cooler fall weather?
Have a great day!
D
Old 10-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #6  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Hello all -
I'm new to the MediFast section, but not to 3FC.

Anyway, I'm considering trying MediFast. But something keeps nagging at me (fear?) & I haven't done it yet.

I'm a yo-yo'r, having lost/gained 30-40-50 pounds in the past 20 years. I'm currently at my highest weight ever, and "can't seem to budge a single ounce of pudge". I've done everything I know to do & it's just not working this time. (Maybe because I'm older & going thru perimenopause?) I eat healthy foods, like baked chicken or fish, low-fat beef, LOTS of veggies & fruits, and I even swore off all junk food (sodas, sweets & chips & stuff) for 3 1/2 months, & didn't lose a SINGLE ounce.

I've been thru some medical issues in the past couple of years & have gone from 138 lbs in 2005 to 190 pounds now. I've always been an exerciser; I love to exercise! - but my medical problems have prevented me from doing much of anything the past couple of years. Now I'm fairly "healthy" again (if you don't count my chubbiness, LOL!) and ready to tackle this weight issue once & for all.

So... I'm thinking of trying MediFast.

Pros, cons, comments, etc?

Thanks!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 10-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #7  
Blue Blood

Hi Beach,
I am practically a walking advertisment for Medifast. I love it. I am loosing alot of weight on it and I have no problem sticking to it.

That said...I can see where it is not for everyone. You don't get a lot of options as far as meals go. The meals taste ok once you get used to them but I wouldn't say any of them are delicious. For me that is a plus. I have problems with limits when I am given to many options...Especially to many tastey oiptions. Also it is soy based and there seem to be a lot of people who have a sensitivity to the soy.

On the plus side...The weight comes off quickly and steadily...even for us homonelly challenged ladies. If you can stick to the program for the first 3 days without cheating...I have found that I don't crave any particular foods. A Huge plus for me. I still see things and remember that I like them...but they don't call to me like they once did...and after those first 3 days, I have never been hungry. I get something every 2 or 3 hours so just about the time that I start feeling hungery...It's time to eat.

You don't have to excersise for the first couple of weeks, but after that they suggest that you work up to 30 mins. per day. No more that 45 mins. I thought that was a plus at first because I was not an excersiser. I am beginning ti find that part limiting. I have so much more energy now...I love to get out and walk and sometimes I don't like limiting it to 45 mins...Amazing!

I have tried everything to lose weight since my hysterectomy 7 years ago. Like you, the hormones (or lack thereof) always got the better of me and I got bigger and bigger. This has worked and worked fast enough that it makes me want to stick with it.

So that is my 2 cents worth...Hope you found some part of it helpful. And Good luck to you, whatever program you decide on.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Thank you so much djay! - I appreciate your openness & candor. I'm still undecided at this point, but I'm leaning heavily toward trying it! You're right... these blasted "hormonal surges".... ugh! What a PITA!

Anyway, I do appreciate your answer -

Thanks again!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #9  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone,
My name is Susan and today is day 1 for me on this MediFast journey. I'm hopeful that this will be it for me. I to have been looking at the MF plan for a few months & for some reason could not bring myself to order. I think I feared it would be like NS and I hated that. When I realized just how heavy I had gotten & didn't feal comfortable in my own skin, I knew it was time. I have done every plan out there & I am thinking that MF will help me to get this 50 lbs off for good. BeachPatrol I now exactly what you are fealing and somehow I bet many others on these boards do also. If you decide to order I have a code for $50. off let me know if you would like it. Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #10  
Blue Blood

Welcome Thinagain!

Hope your first day went well! The first 3 or 4 days can be a bit rough...but if you can tough those out...you will be set! Please let us know how you are doing!

Good Luck,

D
Old 10-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #11  
I Can Do This

Thanks djay,
Day #1 was not bad at all, at around 9PM last night I was actualy kind of shocked that I made it through the day without the urge to go off plan. I need this to be a plan I can stick to and I also need to give this plan 110%. You look great in your photo, obviously the MF plan is working great for you. How long have you been on it? I had read some negative reviews on some of the products but so far I find the shakes to be very good. I'm using the Magic Bullet to mix them. The Crab soup was pretty good, and I was pleasantly suprised at the scrambled eggs. The oatmeal, now that will take a bit of playing with to get it to be more likable. But overall I'm pretty satisfied. I'm so glad that I found this forum,I think it will be a big part of my MF journey. Thank you for the good wishes.
Susan
Old 10-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #12  
Blue Blood

YAY ThinAgain! Congrats on making it through the first day OP!

I had to laugh! we have complete opposite taste! I can't stand the eggs and the Crab soup! I like the Chiken Noodle and suprisingly the cream of Broccoli soup. The oatmeal takes some getting used to...Didn't care for it at first, but now I add some splenda and cinnimon and I actually like it! There are a ton of recipes in the sticky at the top of the forum to make things like cookies and muffins from the oatmeal. Alot of people like that better and it gives you a more portable meal that come in handy especially if you work outside the home.

I have been doing Medifast since mid July and have lost 30 lbs. on it so far and I had a 2 week plateau in there so I am very pleased so far and have no intentio of stopping until my birthday in February when I hope to be at or below 150lbs.!

How much are you trying to loose? Have you tried other programs?
Old 10-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #13  
I Can Do This

djay, I am totaly motivated by your 30 lb loss in less than 3 months time! That is amazing. I'm on a mission to lose 50 lbs. I would like to get down to 160lbs and if I could get there I would then try for another 10lbs. That is so funny that the foods I liked you didn't, it's a good thing they have so many different options.
I have tried so many different programs, Nutri Sys, WW, Jenny C, Protein Power, and the most recent one was Cohens. At the point where I decided to try MF I was not hardly even eating, this of course is not good.
How do you manage to stay on plan if you have a dinner or party to go to. I'm thinking if it was a dinner I could order grilled fish and a salad & be OK.
The best thing that would keep me motivated is to see some great results. I'm going on a cruise in February so I hope to be much smaller by the time I board that ship.
Thank's for the support. I appreciate it.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #14  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

hey girls! Happy beautiful Sunday!!!!
I completly agree with you Djay, I am not good at limits! The preplanned aspect of it is what is making it work for me.
So last night I went out to a moms night out for some moms at our school, (we try to get together and just socialize once a month) Every time its at a great little bar or resteraunt. Knowing this, I eat right before I go there and drink a bottled water on the way there and then just order tea. It has worked tremendously, and has saved me a ton of money! All the moms know im on the program and i get great pats on the back and it just enhances my will power!
LOL I laugh every time someone gets on an hates the oatmeal, cause I love it! Ha! I have no prob with any of the other food. Someone here once said that they cant make the food too good or we'll overeat it! I personally think its just fine.
Susan, Beach patrol, you can do it!!!!!! most of us are all in the same situation, we've tried other things, we have had little sucess... This works! and the more I loose the more Im motivated to lose more. My 14's are now loose!!!!!!! Mid June I was in 18's! I had a butch of a plataeu but overcame it! It takes will power and dedication and we all have this in us. We just need to work it! You can do it, Im looking foward to seeing you lose it! lol
be beautiful ladies, Missy
Old 10-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #15  
I Can Do This

Thanks Missy
Closed Thread