Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:47 PM   #31  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Hi Everyone, I am new to this group, I have been on Medifast for 15 weeks and down 80 lbs.

Look forward to our journey together!

We can do it! Dan-O
Old 10-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #32  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Wow! Things have really died down around here. Not sure how many Medifasers are left to chat this month.

Am I the only one left?
I think a lot of people are cutting back on spending on as much as possible, even with sacrifices to health, due to the current economic situation. We're pretty much in this recession for the long haul.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #33  
DanLovesMedifast

Smile Medifast actually saves ME money!

Hi Chinchillables! I LOVE YOUR dancing Carrot! lol, Where do I get one!

I found Him!

Ironically, I think Medifast is CHEAP, I mean, I have been unemployed, NO income, NONE, and find it cheaper than Grocery Shopping. Healthy Fruits and Veggies, heck even Doritos are expensive. I love how medifast saves ME money and saves my life. I no longer order in expensive pizza, etc. Of course, I am sure some didn't eat as much as me and everyone is on a different page. Just another perspective. I also like the discount, each month and free shipping!

So glad to be here!

Have a great on plan day!

Dan-O
Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #34  
It's either Now or Now

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Day one for me

Hi everyone. I'm Lisa. Today is Day 1 for me. I'm so glad you are all out there because the support will be key for me.

I was very slender and muscular my whole life. Then I got married and gained 10 pounds. Then I quick smoking and gained 5 pounds (am 5 years clean now! Yeah!). Then I had two kids and gained 10 pounds with each. I have 35 pounds to lose and have my 15 year college reunion next May and I want to show up there feeling good about myself and my body - not ashamed, like I feel now.

I spent about 2 months just researching diets. I have multiple challenges that I had to sort out ... I'm a pesce-octo-vegetarian, I'm allergic to soy (like stop breathing if I consume it), I'm allergic to half the fruits out there, allergic to carrots and celery - so it's been hard.

In any case, I'm doing the New Lifestyle program, which is exactly like Medifast just uses whey protein instead of soy. Sadly, I can't eat their bars, snacks and meals because those do have soy. Just shakes for me. I'll feel pretty restricted in that way, but I'm ready to do it and push through.

Since I do eat fish and eggs, I'm hoping those are good for my "lean protein". Do beans count too?

I'm kind of hungry so far today, but it's more in my head than real. I think I'm so used to feeling overly full all the time that I'll have to learn what "healthy full" is. It's like, unless I'm stuffed, I think I'm hungry.

Djay, I read your warning that the first few days can be rough ... would love to hear more what to expect these days because I do better when I know what's coming. Glad to know once I push through, I'll be easier.

Anyway, looking forward to joining you ladies for this journey.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #35  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

BUMMER!!!!! i had this mass long post that was soooooo rad, and somehow I blew the whole thing. JSeesh. I mean this was full of positivity and love and support and the whole nine of it all... I dont know it I can do it again. Boy, am I bummed over it all!
Anyways, i guess, WELCOME all to mf chat! Chincillables, Dan-O and Lisa. (Way to rock it with the 80 loss Dan-O! your my idol)
Lisa, I didnt get loss of energy much, so dont anticipate bad stuff right away. Know that it does happen, just not to everyone (you may be lucky!) I felt more anxiety and excitment, but also grouchy, because I wanted pizza and bread and popcorn. Every body reacts slightly different.
Oh, I also agree... the program is way cheaper for our family. Case in point. We just downgraded our Costco memebership from "executive" to regular. We simply are not shopping for as much junk anymore. This saves us a TOn!
So tomorrow the boys are out of schoool and I am so stoked! We're gonna go downtown and run around the Pike place market and have lunch and see a movie. SWEET!
have fun all, gotta jet, Missy
Old 10-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #36  
DanLovesMedifast

Lisa, Hi, I am Dan, Your program may not be as rough the first few days as you have a higher caloric intake then those of us on Medifast.

We also go into a very mild state of ketosis, does that happen on your program? Not sure given the higher caloric intake.

Looks like a great plan by the way, I like it! You get to eat a lot too! Woo Hoo!

In any case, first week side effects can be tiredness and very hungry when on Medifast, but once we go into ketosis, the hunger pangs are removed or greatly reduced. The energy level is different for everyone, I didn't get real energy for a few weeks.

But it is so worth it!

Hopefully this won't be the case for you on your plan. I hadn't heard of it, sounds so good too!

Best of Luck, you can do it and we are here to support you!

Dan-O
Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #37  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi Missy and Thanks! I love Medifast! You are so right, everyone is different and we all react to things differently. So many factors to consider too! Have a great time tomorrow! Dan-O
Old 10-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #38  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to all the newbies!

Dan-O_ Congrats on the 80 lbs! Bet that feels great! How much more are you looking to loose? I agree with you on Medifast being cheap. I spent way more on eating out than I spend on Medifast now.

Lisa-Congrats on getting started! At least when you feel hungry, you don't have to wait long till it's time to eat again! I usually drink a glass of water after each of my meals. This fills me up and gets me closer to my goal of no less than 64oz. of water per day.

Missy- I never got the cravings. I feel like Medifast has controlled my cravings and I didn't think anything could do that. I recently passed up cake and Pizza! That would never happen 6 months ago! I remember that I like those things...just don't have any particular desire for them. And I like seing the scale move when I stick to plan! The market an movie sound like fun! What are the boys out of school for?

I will have my Granddaughter all day Saturday. I'm taking her to a dog show in the morning and then to Octoberfest at one of the local churhes so I should have a fun filled weekend!

D
Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #39  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Hello Everybody,
Today was another good day, I can't believe I have not cheated!!! This is a major accomplishment for me considering I have been out & about with others eating fast food, ice cream, etc. I just got home from Canine Good Citizens School with my 7 month old puppy Brody & I am eating my chicken noodle soup. While driving home I was actualy looking forward to the soup.
The food is actualy pretty good.

Welcome Dan & Lisa!

I am so looking forward to Saturday when I weigh in and can change my current weight.

Everyone have a fabulous day tomorrow.

Last edited by TwoBThinAgain; 10-09-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: ,
Old 10-10-2008, 07:57 AM   #40  
Blue Blood

ThinAgain- You are doing fantastic! I am so happy for you I cannot wait to hear about your weigh in! I'm sure you will be rewarded quite well for your perserverence!

This week at work has been odd. I love attention and compliments! It seemed like it took forever for anyone to notice the weight loss and I remember how much that upset me. Well this week has convinced me that I just am never happy.

I bought some new clothes because my old clothes were falling off. I must have really looked ragged in them. I seriously cannot walk down the hallway without comments from everyone I meet! All good and very sweet...but it has gotten over the top! I can't just run to the break room for a cup of water without all conversation switching to my weightloss and how great I look! I has gotten embarassing. I know I should enjoy it for now. It won;t happen forever...just wish I could save some of this positive energy and bottle it for the dark days of winter when I really need a lift and everyone else is so down that they don't notice!

Well...I guess it has been a pretty good week if that is all I can find to complain about huh?

But...TGIF

D
Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #41  
I Can Do This

Good Morning Djay,
On the dark days of winter (which I know very well) stop by this forum and I'm sure we will have good compliments for you.

It must have been great to go out shopping for new clothes. I can not wait for that. Oh yea, one thing I wanted to tell you, the Maryland Crab Soup is starting to not taste very good. I thought of you the other day when I made it & thought "Yuck, what was I thinking that first day?"

Have a good day everybody.

Susan
Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #42  
Blue Blood

Thanks Susan! I'm going to take you up on those compliments this winter! I guess neither of us will be finding our comfort and warmth in the crab soup! What was it that got to you...the slivers of plastic that never soften...or that peppery slime that settles to the bottom so that you can end your meal with a big gulp and GAG!

Keep going the way that you are going and you will be out shopping for fun very soon!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #43  
It's either Now or Now

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Hi everyone. Thanks for the welcome.

Well it's almost the end of day 2 (I'm sure I'll stop counting each day soon LOL). Missy, you were right. Energy is fine (well, normal, which is lowish for me but actually feels steadier than usual. Normally, I crash. Now I'm kind of even, though it's not high. Good enough to function with two toddlers running around). In any case, what I am is GROUCHY! But that could be because everybody is sick and laying around while I fetch for them.

I'm surprised though .. it feels very doable. Yesterday, I did great and just got evil between afternoon snack and dinner - but I think I spread them out too far. Today, I waited for afternoon snack a bit later and it's been fine.

What's really interesting to me is that I realize how I've lost my connection to my body. I keep swearing I'm starving, but when I stop and really think I'm not hungry, I just want to eat junk. For example, this afternoon I felt hungry and I thought if I really was hungry I could have half a cucumber. Well, I didn't really want the cucumber. I wasn't hungry for it. I just wanted junk LOL. I'm such a carb and sweets addict so this will be a huge learning/ detox experience for me.

Dan, how many calories is Medifast? NLD says it's about 1080. Is medifast lower? I guess they had an 800 plan - is that the one you're on? I've read up on so much, I can't keep my numbers/ facts straight.

Djay - hooray on the new clothes. I can't wait until I can do that. It's hard dressing nice when one's overweight because the nice plus size clothes is a fortune and the rest is so frumpy! Dont' be embarrased about the compliments ... soak them in and rejoice in your accomplishment .. the good news is that it also kind of puts a bit of pressure when your maintenance kicks in!

Okay, off to dinner.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #44  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi Djay, Thanks, I have a total of 200 to lose! Woo Hoo! "grin" I am getting there! Definitely saves ME money! Sounds like a fun full Day with your granddaughter tomorrow. Enjoy!

Hi 2bthinagain and congrats on staying OP! Appreciate the welcome!

Hi It's time, the calories are between 800 and 1000. So fairly close! They sound similar in many ways! So great we have two good plans to be on! Woo Hoo! So nice to have choices that work today!

Have a great On Plan night Group!

We can do it!

Dan-O
Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 AM   #45  
I Can Do This

Good Morning everyone! Today marks one week for me, this morning after I fed my dogs, I hesitantly got on the scale for my first weigh in. To my utter and complete surprise I am down 8.3 pounds, YAY! Thank you to everyone who helped me through this week. your support is key to me losing weight.
Closed Thread