Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #61  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Just wanted to update this real quick... Had been wearing a 36D and then a 34DD and having all sorts of problems.

Ditched the old methods and ordered a bunch of bras on Figleaves.

I'm sitting here in a 30G and OMG. It forces me to sit up straighter, my shoulders don't hurt, there isn't boobage spilling out all over. I tried all my tops on and they even fit better! My boobs are up higher than they've ever been .

So thanks for this thread, it gave me the motivation to try again and not keep settling on bras that didn't do anything for me .

That's great to hear and I'm so glad that you were able to find bras that gave you the support you need!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #62  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey running, did you see this post:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4238222-post28.html

I used all the measuring guides and got different measurements for everything. What are your thoughts? I especially thinking about swimsuits too as I get closer to summer and want to get a right fitting bra top.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #63  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryn s View Post
I have a question regarding band sizes. If you measure from clasp to clasp of a 32" bra is that measurement going to be 32" no matter what the cup size right?

If it's always going to be 32" then I don't think the "don't add 4 inches" thing works for me (at least not for the brand I tried on today). I have an underbust of 30.5 inches and I was worried I was going to snap the 32 I tried on, the cup size wasn't perfect but I can't imagine a bigger cup would have made enough of a difference. But at the same time I know the size I normally take (34A) isn't right for me either.

Oh bra sizes, why must you be so difficult?!
No, it is not 32" clasp to clasp as it has elastic. And yes, cup size makes all the difference in the world on how the band feels because if you don't have all your boob IN the cup, it will spill out and will affect how the band feels.

So, I can wear a 34G comfortably. If I tried a 34DD, it feels too tight as there isn't enough room for my breasts and they start to spill into where the band should be sitting flat to my skin - but now it is catching a bit of the side breast.

My 34" band without stretching it is 27" long. With stretching it while holding it can stretch to 38" (and it is a new bra). So there is a LOT of wiggle room in there!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #64  

I have a question regarding band sizes. If you measure from clasp to clasp of a 32" bra is that measurement going to be 32" no matter what the cup size right?

If it's always going to be 32" then I don't think the "don't add 4 inches" thing works for me (at least not for the brand I tried on today). I have an underbust of 30.5 inches and I was worried I was going to snap the 32 I tried on, the cup size wasn't perfect but I can't imagine a bigger cup would have made enough of a difference. But at the same time I know the size I normally take (34A) isn't right for me either.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #65  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryn s View Post

No, it is not 32" clasp to clasp as it has elastic. And yes, cup size makes all the difference in the world on how the band feels because if you don't have all your boob IN the cup, it will spill out and will affect how the band feels.

So, I can wear a 34G comfortably. If I tried a 34DD, it feels too tight as there isn't enough room for my breasts and they start to spill into where the band should be sitting flat to my skin - but now it is catching a bit of the side breast.

My 34" band without stretching it is 27" long. With stretching it while holding it can stretch to 38" (and it is a new bra). So there is a LOT of wiggle room in there!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #66  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Hey running, did you see this post:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4238222-post28.html

I used all the measuring guides and got different measurements for everything. What are your thoughts? I especially thinking about swimsuits too as I get closer to summer and want to get a right fitting bra top.
I'd probably try going with underbust 34 and bust 42 (simply because it's in between measurements). I have the same issue (underbust 29, bust ~40 but I end up needing about a 28J but 28HH's work on one breast, not the other) so that would put you in a

34FF (Uk size). IF you have the available funds, I'd go for both one size up and one down in the same band size (so 34F and 34G) to give yourself a nice range to try on.

---------------------------------

I see that you just posted that a 34G works for you so that seems right. I also have the same issue. Ultimately, anything a bra calculator should just be a starting point because like your picture demonstrates the individual shape of breasts plays a large role here!! Also, some bras have wider or narrower wires and depending on the shape of your breasts it might suit them better (and thus you're able to go up or down a cup size). For instance, in bras that have narrower, deeper wires I tend to be able to size down whereas ones with wider, shallower wires I need to size up (and they give me a worse fit in general).

It's really a shame that every city doesn't have a nice lingerie boutique with a large number of sizes in it because bra fitting is such an art! There really is a lot of things to consider and it's hard to do over the internet. Most calculators can give you a good starting point and then trial and error takes you from there.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 130/123/100

Height: 4' 9"

Wow and I thought I had the correct size on. I had always worn a 36C, and it was so ill fitting. It was not supportive at all.

A few years ago there was a discussion on another board about correct bra size. When I measured myself I came up with 34DD. This was using the over bust measurement as the band size. I thought these fit so much better. I've noticed lately that I have a little spillage in one cup. I wasn't sure if that was just weight gain, or if it's always been like that and I never really noticed.

Right now my measurements are 32/38, which puts me at a 32F. I just ordered a 32F from breakout bras. I'm excited to see how this fits.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #68  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post

It's really a shame that every city doesn't have a nice lingerie boutique with a large number of sizes in it because bra fitting is such an art! There really is a lot of things to consider and it's hard to do over the internet. Most calculators can give you a good starting point and then trial and error takes you from there.
It is a shame. I went to one and the selection is soooooo small. She had like two bras in my size - that's it. There is another store down the way that I should go to that people rave about but for now I keep hoping to land a deal at stores as sometimes I'm lucky.

I have on a 36DDD now and I have to stop wearing 36s completely. They just slide up the back now and that is sooooo annoying and uncomfortable.

One thing that is a recent development (and I did just lose an inch off my bust, so it's not just something I hadn't noticed), but it seems I lost some upper chest fat, so when I'm not wearing a bra, I seem flat chested at first. Like a "has been" and then below it fills out a bit. It used to be a bit more filled out in that upper saggy part. Didn't do much for my self confidence when I saw myself naked and in a nightgown.

And speaking of nightgowns - I HATE, HATE, HATE shopping for any lingerie. There is no cute little thing you can wear when your boobs sag down heavy like that. Those little cup things where breasts are supposed to nicely float in? Right... Mine sag below it. When I was getting married 19 years ago my BFF and I had hysterics as I tried on sexy little things (and we were looking at tasteful things). I FINALLY found something by Olga, I think, that was an elasticized chest/back with generous cups and a long flowy skirt. It, to this day, the ONLY sexy lingerie thing I have found. Well, not true. I once got a corset. I should try that puppy on as I bought it when I weighed 200... probably is too big now, but with all those strings, who knows.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-06-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #69  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Can I just say... THANK YOU all for the discussion in this thread. Seriously. I need a new bra SO badly.

Question for you who know about these things. I just measured and plugged it all in to the Ewa Michalak size calculator. It's telling me I need a 40F (90F), but I'm wearing a 40D from VS right now that I swear is too big (both band and cups). Any ideas?

For what it's worth, my measurements were:
Underbust measured tightly [cm]: 88
Underbust measured loosely [cm]: 92
Overbust measured without a bra, in a bent forward position [cm]: 117
Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #70  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberries View Post
Can I just say... THANK YOU all for the discussion in this thread. Seriously. I need a new bra SO badly.

Question for you who know about these things. I just measured and plugged it all in to the Ewa Michalak size calculator. It's telling me I need a 40F (90F), but I'm wearing a 40D from VS right now that I swear is too big (both band and cups). Any ideas?

For what it's worth, my measurements were:
Underbust measured tightly [cm]: 88
Underbust measured loosely [cm]: 92
Overbust measured without a bra, in a bent forward position [cm]: 117
Oh wow, DON'T get a 40 anything with those measurements!!! I'd try a 34HH. Ewa michalak bras are amazing (ridiculously amazing for that matter) but I don't trust their bra calculator. I've heard that in larger sizes it works better but with a 34" underbust you should be fine with using that as your band size. That means if you want to order a Ewa Michalak bra try a 75HH to start with (if you can afford it order one size up and one size down and return the ones that don't fit). What country do you live in? I actually have a bra in that exact size (brand new) that I wasn't able to return because my daughter ripped of the tags before I was able to return it. But I live in Brazil so shipping would be a pain if you're too far away.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #71  
June

Quote:
It is a shame. I went to one and the selection is soooooo small. She had like two bras in my size - that's it. There is another store down the way that I should go to that people rave about but for now I keep hoping to land a deal at stores as sometimes I'm lucky.

I have on a 36DDD now and I have to stop wearing 36s completely. They just slide up the back now and that is sooooo annoying and uncomfortable.

One thing that is a recent development (and I did just lose an inch off my bust, so it's not just something I hadn't noticed), but it seems I lost some upper chest fat, so when I'm not wearing a bra, I seem flat chested at first. Like a "has been" and then below it fills out a bit. It used to be a bit more filled out in that upper saggy part. Didn't do much for my self confidence when I saw myself naked and in a nightgown.

And speaking of nightgowns - I HATE, HATE, HATE shopping for any lingerie. There is no cute little thing you can wear when your boobs sag down heavy like that. Those little cup things where breasts are supposed to nicely float in? Right... Mine sag below it. When I was getting married 19 years ago my BFF and I had hysterics as I tried on sexy little things (and we were looking at tasteful things). I FINALLY found something by Olga, I think, that was an elasticized chest/back with generous cups and a long flowy skirt. It, to this day, the ONLY sexy lingerie thing I have found. Well, not true. I once got a corset. I should try that puppy on as I bought it when I weighed 200... probably is too big now, but with all those strings, who knows.
Ok, I have to get back to you on nightgowns but there are definitely some amazing options in your size!!!! I still need to eat dinner and I'll come back afterwards and post them.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #72  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I have always wanted to own a store....maybe I will open a bra store? With a fantastic return policy If it does not fit, bring it back
Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #73  

Quote:
Elastic- of course duh, didn't think that through did I?! I suppose what I meant is the cup sizes aren't going to make the band size any larger itself, as in, would a 32A and 32B be the same length or does a B have wider cups which add length overall? And now that I've phrased it like that I realise how utterly stupid that is.

I suppose the only real way to find out what works for me is to take about 10 different sizes into the fitting room and try them out...
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Oh wow, DON'T get a 40 anything with those measurements!!! I'd try a 34HH. Ewa michalak bras are amazing (ridiculously amazing for that matter) but I don't trust their bra calculator. I've heard that in larger sizes it works better but with a 34" underbust you should be fine with using that as your band size. That means if you want to order a Ewa Michalak bra try a 75HH to start with (if you can afford it order one size up and one size down and return the ones that don't fit). What country do you live in? I actually have a bra in that exact size (brand new) that I wasn't able to return because my daughter ripped of the tags before I was able to return it. But I live in Brazil so shipping would be a pain if you're too far away.
Thanks! I can't even imagine a 34 fitting me at 220 lb, but what do I know? I've spent my entire life tugging at bra bands to stay in place, so I'm clearly doing something wrong. Gotta admit, having had a massive breast reduction over 10 years ago, the thought of an HH is a little tough mentally.

I'm in the US, so I can't imagine shipping being cheap. Thanks a lot, though! I do intend to check out Ewa Michalak. I think I'll take my measurements one more time just to verify.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #75  

Okay, HELP again! Haha... I feel like I'm in 6th grade again needing bra help.

I remeasured and came out as a 36I (US) or 36G (UK) according to this site that was posted earlier: http://www.breakoutbras.com/sizing

Ordering from Ewa, would you use the US size or the UK size? I'm thinking UK, but I don't want to be wrong.
Closed Thread