Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #151  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hello, checking in on Sunday. The day most calendars say starts the week. Today is a good day to start a POP week. That is my plan.

Now, I have had 1/2 piece french toast and the remnants of some fried chicken already today, so I will WATCH what I eat and make GOOD CHOICES for the rest of the day

WTG on shopping and exercise Pat! I am ready to start exercising again. It will be slow and easy...
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #152  
No description available.

Today IS a good day to start a POP week!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #153  
needs constant reminding

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Today IS a good day to start a POP week!
Thankfully, so is today
'nuff said.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #154  

Hee hee....Agreed! Darn brownies on L&D....
Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #155  
needs constant reminding

sweets on l +d combined with tired and stressful moments... the perfect storm.
WTG on most often winning the battle of beckoning brownies
Old 06-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #156  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I declare today to be Don't Feed A Midwife With Junk Day. You'll get through, you two. Question is: will I?

KC - mind that tummy.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #157  
Workin' It

I have six days now mostly OP - I did have a black and tan while out with friends last night, but still came in under cals...

I'm for the 'Don't Feed a Midwife with Junk' Day. I'll up it to 'Don't Feed a Midwife, Kitty, Silverbirch or Shannon with Junk' Day. We can do it.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #158  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Shannon, add me to the list too please!

I think I've been accidentally sneaking more calories into my cooking. I used to always cook with PAM, but I switched to using a combo of PAM and olive oil because I wasn't getting enough good fats in my diet. I think my eyeballing of the amount of oil is getting poor though. I should actually measure out 1 Tbsp.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #159  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

How are my fellow 5-10+ers doing?

I got a notice today from my ticker that I had not updated my ticker in 80 days. That's because I haven't lost any weight! I actually gained a little bit. Average so far for this month is 139. Still under red line, but barely.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #160  

I'm not doing so great...poor food choices, an injured toe, stress about $ for DD's schooling, the house is a mess, we had a death in the family, the dog needs to go to the vet, the news is depressing.....I'm maintaining, so that's something. although loss would be preferable!

I was laughing a the Don't Feed a Midwife with Junk Food Day....that day was actually ok! It reminds me of when Pooh is stuck in Rabbit's door and Rabbit jams a sign into the ground saying "Don't Feed the Bear!" Rabbit is a naturally slim character compared to dear old Pooh....

Last edited by midwife; 06-10-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #161  
Workin' It

Midwife - sounds like you are having a tough time right now. Maintaining with all that going on it a great feat.

Jessica - I measure my olive oil now, because I was totally overdoing it before...

I did okay on the 'Don't Feed...' Day not so great the last few days since...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #162  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

I fell off the wagon yesterday. For months there's been this negative voice in my head that tells me to have the day off, stop exercising, have seconds, etc. I left university yesterday and when I saw my mum's cooking, I went a bit crazy. I went back to old habits e.g. counting down the hours until I could eat again, feeling guilty over eating when I wasn't hungry, and exercise went out the window. I gained 2lbs of water (I hope) weight overnight. I stopped counting calories and glasses of water when I set foot in the house.

It was hard today because my mum made another great meal. I resisted having more. I'll get my water in too. I've been putting off exercise since 9pm (it's almost 11pm now). I just want this negative cloud to disappear. It faded when I tried on some old clothes that are now baggy, and some clothes and shoes that were tight in January (16lbs ago) are now looser. I need to keep that success in my head! I don't know why I fell off like that. I've been consistent in everything since Jan and suddenly the negative energy has taken over.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #163  
needs constant reminding

Hi chicks,
I have been staying away which is never a good thing.
Midwife, I am sorry things are rough. Condolences on your loss.
DH and I were talking this am on our shared train ride. He was complaining/reflecting that there was no time EVER to relax or feel comfortable in our lives. I agreed and suggested we/he change expectations because as I have learned.. nobody said it was supposed to be easy. Maybe with a perspective change disappointment would lesson.

perky words for a monday morn (truth is, I only partly agree)

Heaven, get back on the wagon. fake it till you make it and all that. I'm in for that plan also

xoK

Last edited by kittycat40; 06-14-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
DH and I were talking this am on our shared train ride. He was complaining/reflecting that there was no time EVER to relax or feel comfortable in our lives. I agreed and suggested we/he change expectations because as I have learned.. nobody said it was supposed to be easy. Maybe with a perspective change disappointment would lesson.

perky words for a monday morn (truth is, I only partly agree)

xoK
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Any of us that have computer access and weight concerns are among the most...well, I hate to use the term "blessed", but we really are. Wealthy by world standards. Safe. Educated. Supported. Able to influence the directions our lives are taking. I know I am blessed. A great family, my health, food and education for my kids, freedom of religion, freedom from opression. So what is the deal with my stress level? What in the world do *I* have to be stressed about, really? Sure there are a lot of problems in the world that need addressing, but I think I just need to heed the old "bloom where you're planted" advice. I can't solve the Gulf spill, but I can stop buying plastic water bottles. I can't solve the domestic violence issue, but I can declutter my very cluttered house and donate usable items to a thrift store that helps DV victims. I had picked up a prn side job while DH was in school and now that he is done, I've done a lot of reflection on whether or not I should keep working those extra hours. I mean, who doesn't need extra money right now? Am I an idiot for giving it up? Is it worth the stress? There are lots of people unemployed, I should be grateful. But it was causing me huge stress, so I gave my notice and it's as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm still working my full time job, but that's enough right now. So I'll be working less. I want to simplify other issues too. Buy less. Spend less. Save more. Give more. Play more. Write more. Clean less.

I mean, this is my life! Do I really want to spend these years running a million miles an hour so I can launch my kids into college/career/lives where they run a million miles an hour?

Crazy. Enough is enough. Time to simplify, simplify, simplify!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #165  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi ladies Been MIA lately... life has been hectic.

I am still at 131/132. I think I am accepting that this is where my body wants to be and truly, that's ok. I don't mind the number on the scale so much, or the size of clothes (buying most pants in size 4 now!) Really it's just those little jiggles and wiggles on my tummy and butt/hips that are bugging me! How can I have lost over 80 lbs and still think I look the same as I did at 213 lbs some days?

I can very much relate to adjusting expectations. I have started job hunting lately, even though I currently have an OK and comfortable job, but I am burned out and need a change. I went on my first interview in 5 years and felt GREAT about it - and they offered it to someone else. Talk about wallowing in self pity... but it's like, did I just expect that IN THIS ECONOMY I would get a job that easily? That it would take no effort? That I could just waltz in and ignore all the hundreds of other qualified people that are competing for the same job?

Kittycat, you are right... it was never meant to be easy! But it's only human to have expectations and get hopes up...

Last edited by Fat Pants; 06-15-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote