on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Nicole--that's awesome!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #107  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Way to go Nicole!!!!! Wowee.. Two weeks ago I had 4.4 for the week and was on a cloud for days.. today I'm snarling at my 0.8 away from Onederland but still happy.. Congrats on such a good week!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #108  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Ladies about the comments on my pictures. I am glad that I decided to update the pictures every month. It is inspiring to see that bod getting smaller.

Alannah- I love the jetstarts and they count as a fruit and a dairy. I have been having trouble getting the fruits in here lately too.

Ulanda- I agree to, I love your pic. You are beautiful and your DD is going to be a heartbreaker. Happy Birthday. I hope DH's surprise was a really good one!!

Krispie- No worries, you will hit onederland next week. I struggled for 3 weeks with the same 2 lbs. before I hit onederland, but I don't think that is something you want to hear huh?!? Your little ones are just precious all dressed up.

Lea Ann- Good luck at the COD tomorrow. Your girls are just adorable in their Halloween outfits.

Kim- Great loss this week!
Nicole- Awesome loss for the week!! And Happy Anniversary!! I go 3 times a week most of the time. I live 15 miles out of town, so it has to be on days I am working or am running errands. If I am off, I don't make a special trip just to go weigh in.

Today DH came and took me to lunch. As we were walking down to Quizno's we passed this fairly handsome man. He smiled at us and I smiled back. As he walked past, DH turned around to look at him and apparently he was doing the same, so DH not very quietly, said "That guy was checking you out!!" The first thing out of my mouth was, no he wasn't, who'd want to check me out?!? But inside I was jumping for joy!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #109  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Deb.......that is AWESOME......and I would have replied to my DH the same exact way

Lee Ann........good luck tomorrow. Looks like you made it through your day. I knew you would Good luck tomorrow!!!

KrispieD............Onederland will come SOON!!! It just has to.......you have been working so hard!!!

Here's to a POP day tomorrow!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #110  
FBD/8-18-08

I was with my ds tonight at Super Walmart - as we were leaving a friend that works in the bank yelled all the way down the store, "Pearl, you look awesome! OH MY GOD!" Needless to say, my face turned red, my son walked a lot faster and I just waved back at her... Like Deb, inside I was celebrating!

I love the new avatars of the kids - I wish I could see them better! Is there a way to "enlarge" the photos?

I got "You on a Diet" today at B&N... Hardback was on sale $20, I got 10% off for membership card and 15% off with a coupon... Not exactly $12 like Evette said Target had it for, but I was happy with $16 since they only had 2 left after I got mine!

Lea Ann - You are going to have a break through soon - just hang in there! You are doing great and after WI, I know you'll get back on the wagon, train, ship, dune buggy, cart, goat, golfcart, go cart, carriage, stroller, roller blades, surf board, skate board, unicycle,... WHATEVER you want to call it - You are SOOOOO awesome! (where's the picture of YOU in YOUR costume?!? I think you'd make a gorgeous Cinderella at the ball!)

Well, gotta go read...
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm back down to my ticker weight again. Which means only a .8 lb drop this week. Grr. I need to go back on birth control (I only get my TOM every 3 months that way). Oh well.

Anyways, question...how do you all defeat salty cravings?? I'm okay with the sweet stuff, but salty is what gets me! Suggestions? I'm really craving chips and salsa or something.
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #112  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Haven't had time to read all the posts here but it looks like everyone is happy to get Oct. done and in the books. I personally don't have a problem with candy. No kids in or around my house. Plus being diabetic I'm very careful of any sugar or carb products.

ERIN another WOW for you. Keep up the good work

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD NOV.
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:20 AM   #113  
Post-Master

I cure my salty craving with a thinly sliced cucumer with vinegar and lite salt. I don't go crazy with the lite salt, but I use as much as it needs to give me my fix. I have watched my sodium intake thus far on the program, but I don't really think a splurge here and there is going to make you gain fat. It may make you retain a bit of water, but that goes. I usually drink extra water when I do eat something like salty cucs, but I really don't mind drinking water either. Hope this helps
Old 11-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #114  
Post-Master

And Pearl..........I wanted to complement you on how you talk about your DH. It seems so often, and not on this board, just with a lot of my friends, that many women ONLY complain about their DHs. I adore mine. I have a lot of respect for him and I love him to pieces. It's not like I think he is perfect.....but he is so good to me, and has the utmost respect for me also. Sometimes, when I am talking about him to friends......they seem annoyed, or they think I am an old fashioned 50's wife, because I do all of the cooking for our family, and all of the laundry, and I manage (with the kids) and do most of the housework. I have tried to explain to them that I am the most women's libber housewife in America.....as I was a single mom for many years and supported my family, and put my nursing career on hold until my babies are grown. I made a career choice to stay home with my kids. I feel I am fortunate that my DH has a job that allows me to do so. It is not without sacrifice. I do not drive a brand new car.........we don't take vacations to Disney Land (we camp) and I don't shop for sport....but we are happy. I am not the kind of stay at home mom who has a nanny and a cleaning lady....(although, I could use one, and STILL not have enough time each day ) So, if any of you have a nanny or a cleaning lady......I say, "hooray for you.....if I could afford it, I would have one to." A lot of my friends find my lifestyle bizzaire, and think I am putting everyone elses needs above mine. I, on the other hand, think I am one of the lucky ones. I get to stay home and raise my kids, and my DH thinks that is wonderful. He doens't complain if the house is a mess, or if dinner isn't made...........he is just happy that we are all here together. And I know, when I look at my 16 year old daughter, that this time is short, and my baby will be in kindergarden before I know it.

Anyway, didn't mean to say all that.......it just came out.......I just wanted to say, Pearl, that it is very sweet to hear you talk about your DH in such a loving way. Have a great day!!!

When I read your posts, it's always refreshing to me......I know that you get it.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #115  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I am pleased to say I remained POP yesterday--not a big deal to you that do it every day but I haven't in a long time and my scale was a little lower--just proving to me--because it really likes snubbing it's nose at me!!

Deb--you Hottie! DH is gonna be extra good to you now!! Thanks on the girls--they are cuties but they are messes. The little one even picked out a shirt that says "Just because I'm cute doesn't mean I 'm nice" Very fitting.

Pearl--that's great--I want to see you blushing! You are too sweet to me. Remember--I am just getting back so no praise yet! I feel so guilty chatting with all you strong women knowing I am not being a good example. And trust me--Cinderella I am not--I'm a Snow White fan--LOL.

Meagan--maybe you could split a pita, use butter spray and mortons salt with some galic and toast you up some chips? We have a salsa that's made here so the sodium is super low. I guess because they don't expect it to sit long. Remember, .8 is better than a kick in the pants! Congrats.

Nicole--that was beautifully said. It takes us all to get it done. Everyone has different wants and needs. I feel like with teaching I get the best of both worlds--home sime, work some. Everyone thinks I will "move up" because of my Masters but I refuse to leave the classroom (and give up summers!) until my girls are gone--thankfully a long time! I think it's great you've found your happiness--too many women never do and they make me sad. It's funny--my DH is near perfect (for me) but of course he drives me nuts sometimes. Everyone thinks he is IT because of what they see so I have one friend I allow myself to vent to--she's safe because she knows I adore him! My lesson to newlyweds--never complain to your mother--when we forgive and forget she does not!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick check-in before I head out. I have no clue where I am going, but DH said to get ready so when he returns I will be set to go. We went to the movies last night and had a lot of fun. So I guess today is another adventure.

Nicole, first let me say WOW!! I would love to loose 4.4 in a week. You are doing great. I think what you said about your family and your DH is sweet. I have a wonderful husband as well and I can't think of another way that I would want to live my life. He is a wonderful, loving husband and father. It's funny that you mentioned the reaction of your friends, because when I talk about my husband in a positive way to my associates, I get the rolling eyes. So I no longer talk to them about him, if they can't help me celebrate him, I will never give the opportunity to help me berate him. Which I wouldn't do anyway.

Deb, that is too cute. You were getting the once over by the man walking down the street. I bet your DH will want to walk you down the street from now on. You have such a warm, beautiful smile anyways.

Pearl, way to go! People are noticing. Keep up the great work.

I went to WI this AM, I was only down .5, but I will take it. I chose not to mention the 21 day boost, because my COD has not heard of it. They are doing a 6 week challenge.

Well I am getting ready to go away for the day. Have a great day!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #117  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Good morning! Much needed lazy Saturday for me. But plan to get to work cleaning and doing laundry when I get off the computer. With fear and trepidation, I am starting TO today. I've never had great results with TO and I actually hate doing it. But I want to see a significant loss Monday at WI.

Was watching an infomercial on TV this morning for "Slim in 6". Anybody know anything about it? Sounds too good to be true so it most likely is. What do some of you exerciser types like best for exercise? I've been avoiding it but would like to get my body in shape as I am on the homestretch to goal.

I've thought of joining a new Curves close by where I live. I did Curves...twice... after I paid for a year. That was a couple of years ago, and was really not too motivated.

Great job on all the losses ladies! LeeAnn hang in there girlfriend!! I can really relate to you. Some days, I look at the weight I've lost and think that maybe I should just be happy with this weight. But then, I am afraid if i quit now, I'll just put it all back on. So I think today I will continue to push toward goal. It really is a one day at a time thing.

Have a great day everyone!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #118  
Post-Master

Ahhh, Lee Ann, Ulanda....so glad you get it too. It is almost as if you two filled in the blanks I forgot to mention. I can see why you all get along so well.........seems like everyone here gets it Thanks

Lee Ann..........as far back as I can remember I wanted to be a teacher. I had completed two years of my degree, when I feared I was already kind of burned out with kids. I ran a home daycare for 12 years before I started school. So I switched to Nursing. Anyway.......I have a lot of admiration for teachers. And, I think it is a great career for moms I will still be a teacher of sorts when I finally get my degree done, as I am going to be a Certified Nurse Midwife. They focus A LOT on patient education. I just hope I don't get too tired before then What kind of teaching do you do?

Martha..I honestly think brisk walking is your best bet to start with. I should take my own advice.........ha ha ha.

Looks like luck has come my way again......I have some kick a** virtual girlfriends!!!

p.s. did i mention that i have the mind of a truck driver and really have fun swearing. i don't do it, unless I am in the right complany,..........but i ALWAYS want to. why would something so vulgar be so much fun for me?????

OH, and I started reading the book. I think it is going to be excellent. It seems so straightforward and well written. Two things that are very important to me in non fiction book. Did anyone else start it yet?

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 11-04-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #119  
FBD/8-18-08

Nicole - A BIG thanks to you! I am truly blessed to be married to a man that's as perfect as I am! (That ought to tell ya' something!) Honestly though, I lost my dad at 13, holding his had and telling him how glad I was to have him home from the hospital (with a "clean bill of health"). That taught me a huge lesson...don't take anyone for granted! When we have "intense fellowship" (argue) we do it in front of our boys and when we repent and apologize, we do it in front of the boys. If you can't be real at home, then where?
I too, do the "chores" around here... dh works 6 days/60 hours a week, not counting 3 hours/day travel time! My boys do their own laundry, share some of the cooking and cleaning. They take care of the lawn and trash. It works for us. Like you said, being at home is a priviledge and I'm thankful. And like you, it is a sacrifice! I left a job making 2x what dh was making at the time, and there's been many sacrifices, but for us, it's been worth it.
My mother-in-law gave us a wooden sign that says, "Beavers Haven". She said she had it made because whenever she was here, she felt such peace that she always slept and got rejuvenated.
That about sums it up for us.
There are plenty of women out there "taking care of their man" in the wrong way by selling thier bodies, dealing drugs for him, acting as his punching bag... I'd like to think we've found a better way!

And for all of you who work outside your home, take care of your family and take care of your home, God bless!!!! I don't know how you do it all, but you are truly amazing and you have my deepest respect!!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #120  

Wow! This seems like an amazing group of ladies who are supportive and caring....mind if I join you?

Today marks two weeks on LAWL and I was down 2.2 pounds today when I weighed in for a total of 10 pounds in two weeks. I can't believe it. I know the weight loss will never be that fast again, but it sure is motivating to see the numbers going down.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Shell72 is offline   Reply With Quote