Old 08-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Today, 8/29...I have not worn my wedding ring and diamond for 5 years. We have been married 32 years. My husband is having chemo and I want to put my rings back on. I picked them out when we were 16. It will remind me how precious our love is.
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #17  
redhead30

S/C/G: 215/210/130

Height: 5'4"

I turned 30 this year. I want to lose weight because:

1. I was still eating like I was a teenager - no wonder I gained weight!!

2. I want to look and feel younger - have you ever noticed that in people's "after" pictures they look so much younger??

3. For the past 3 years I've been invited to a mardi gras ball I haven't been able to find a dress that I love in the store. Last year I had to order a size 22!! I want to be able to shop in the regular stores and buy regular clothes - even evening wear!!
redhead30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #18  

Hello All,

I've been lurking in a major way for a few weeks, but this thread I thought was such a good idea that I had to respond. I'm like many of you in some ways, but for me it was all about control and motivation. I couldn't do the things I knew to do and I needed a strict plan to follow. Before joining, I remember telling my mom that I was hungry all the time - 24/7. Within a few days of beginning, those craving went away. I've been hungry maybe two or three times since I started.

I'm so pleased that I can go out with coworkers and eat reasonably or turn down cookies or chocolate at work without even thinking about it. I just don't try the sweets.

Even though I haven't been posting, I have to tell you all that I do read what you write and you are all incredibly motivating. You've done so well and you are so honest and we are all in the same boat, and I think that's what so many of us need to hear from each other.

Patty
JSMS135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #19  

I joined after losing 130 pounds at WW and being stuck for 2 years at the same weight. WW works....I was just not working it!
For now, I need the insane structure that LA requires. I'm only one week into the program, but I know, just like everything else out there, that if I work this program, this program will work.
Let's go, everybody! We'll check in on Tuesdays, ok? I guess I can say that since I'm the one that started this thread.
(now, if I could only get my ticker to show up here....don't know how to do it.)
jsgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:50 AM   #20  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

JS--either go to the UserCP at the top, edit signature and see if you can get through the ticker instructions--or there is a specific thread with step by step instructions--but you'll have to search for it. Keep trying--if you still have trouble ask again--someone will get you through it--it's just been a long time and I can't remember the specifics--sorry.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 AM   #21  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I joined so that I could buy clothes that were made to look good on my body, instead of skinny girls clothes just made larger.

I want to wear bras that are comfortable and pretty. No more thick straps and padding. No more weird buldges in the front when the bra doesn't fit.

This is most definately TMI but it is a big motivator-it is what got me to sign up in the first place. I want to be "intimate" with my boyfriend and not feel uncomfortable or un-sexy because of my weight. He never noticed or seem bothered by it, but *I* was always overly concerned with how I looked.

I want to be able to do sit ups and actually sit all the way up. I know I have the strength to do it and yoga has helped with flexibility, but my stomach is in the way!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #22  
Losing the Weight!

Hmmm why did I join LAWL? Well, let's see:

1. I felt AWFUL
2. I was in a 16 pushing an 18
3. I wanted to look good again in an 8
4. And this is a biggie... I wanted to get OFF the BP Meds I was put on three years ago.

I'm sure there are other reasons too but can't think right now.

NOW, while I may be stuck hovering around that 50 pounds off mark (I'm hoping that will change this week), I will say that I am CURRENTLY:

1. Wearing a pair of jeans that are a 7/8
2. And this is the MOST Important... I HAVE BEEN OFF MY BP MEDICATION FOR 4 WEEKS. My BP is down to an average of 116/65. Now THATS good news.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #23  

I want to not have the feeling I should lift my chin up when a picture is taken of me so the double chin won't show !!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #24  

Today I want to remember I joined so I could fit more comfortably in an airline seat and put the table down flat.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #25  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up My reasons

This is a GREAT Thread, thanks for starting this one.

I started LAWL because:
  • Health - no more "issues" due to the result of being overweight
  • Vanity - To look in the mirror and like what I see
  • Fashion - To buy off the rack! I'd love to own a pair of obscenely over-priced jeans
  • Me - To lose weight just for ME!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 191/189/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I wanted to take action

I wanted the framework to help me since nothing I did on my own made a dent. I was diagnosed hypothyroid over a year ago and though my weight topped out at 195, I couldn't get it to budge downward. I just started LAWL and I'm really hopeful that this will help me scoot the scale!

Health is my number one GOAL!!
Staci_FL_USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #27  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

To look and feel good is the #1 reason.
But also in the bad of my head another reason is for DH. He tells me I am not fat.. but I want to look good for him. I know I am fat and i want to be around the weight he married me at.
I also want to be able to buy womans jeans again.. clothing at Banana Republic again. I have not going in to Banana Republic since I started gaining weight becuase I feel ashamed of how I look and I know all their clothing will not fit me.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #28  

Today,I am continuing on this journey because I don't want to be decribed as the "kind of heavy set" nurse.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #29  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

I joined two weeks ago because I am afraid I will die young if I don't change my habits. I am also really tired of being the fat mom at school. The fat wife at the dinner parties, the fat sister, etc.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #30  

I continue today because I don't want to be the fatest one in the group.